• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamando

Right. But if you look at past pre-order dates for Blizzard games, they typically don't happen that far ahead of release.

I think MoP CE/DD could first be preordered in late July and released in late September. The D3 expansion wasn't much different

I hope WoD has an early summer release, for our sake and the game's sake.

Using MoP's timeline might not work here. Their beta started in March. Pre-orders started July. Here, we'll see pre-orders start either alongside or before the start of Beta.

And they still have another Arena seasons scheduled for MoP.

That'd put MoP in for a July release. If they decide launching an expansion during summer would be crazy, possibly September.

Using MoP's timeline might not work here. Their beta started in March. Pre-orders started July. Here, we'll see pre-orders start either alongside or before the start of Beta.

And they still have another Arena seasons scheduled for MoP.

That'd put MoP in for a July release. If they decide launching an expansion during summer would be crazy, possibly September.

I think the day this new patch goes live will be very telling because it signals the start of the new arena season. And from there you can sort of estimate how long it will be until the next expansion. As long as we don't get another season 11 :lol

I'd bet they open up pre-orders around the same time and let people get early access to the "free 90" in order to stop massive sub drops. Subs will still drop of course, but that might slow it down a bit.

I think beta might start next month, too. But that's really just a guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really need to see M NE models. Illidan's my favorite WC3 character, but I hate how the current male Night Elves look. Want to make a NE rogue or monk. or rogue. or monk.

Rokam

The banwave was against people using third party software that did their rotations for them. It's probably a good thing your raiders got banned, because they probably have no clue how to play their class.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I might have to transfer to a PVP server. I don't like PVP, but that seems to be where all the progression is these days.

Liha

Banned
Mount & pet, this is definitely from the CE

RavenLordPet.jpg

Look at what the veteran system is before simply posting that and freaking out, as that what it relates too.

if you choose to use your free 90 boost on a character over 60, it will automatically level their professions up to the level 90 equivalent. Seems fair and makes sense.

Yeesh.

EDIT:

Server issues here as well

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Finally leveled Alchemy. What are the Alchemist exclusive things I should be doing? In terms of flasks/etc. I have a crystal of instanity from Timeless. I assume there' a better recharge flask from Alchemy though like the WOTLK one?

Really like the raven lord mount so this will probably be the first CE I buy.

Same. It'll be nice to have a flying mount equivalent for my Raven Lord. Feel bad when I hear people have been farming it since TBC. Got it after farming on and off for 2 months, probably only my 9-10th run or so.

Finally leveled Alchemy. What are the Alchemist exclusive things I should be doing? In terms of flasks/etc. I have a crystal of instanity from Timeless. I assume there' a better recharge flask from Alchemy though like the WOTLK one?

Transmute: Living Steel is something you should be doing daily. Most alchemists I know have transmute as their specialization because it's the best way of earning money. As for the alchemist passive bonus, it's double duration and slightly increased effect (+320 int/agi/str or +480 sta/spi, depending on your spec) on flasks. Most people aren't using flasks when not raiding though, so instead there's Alchemist's Flask, which can used indefinitely to give you the +320/+480 bonus whenever you want it. It has to be crafted. It's pretty fucking useless since 5.4 though. As you said, you have a crystal of insanity, which is better, and the two effects do not stack since Crystal of Insanity counts as a flask, but is not affected by Mixology (the passive which increases the duration and effect of your flasks). So while every other profession gets their +320/+480 bonus on top of the +500 stats from CoI, alchemists are stuck with either the +500 stats from CoI or the +320/+480 bonus. Alchemists are at a disadvantage outside of raids, it's ridiculous. So easily fixed too, just have CoI be effected by Mixology...

Fjordson

Yes! Huolon finally dropped his mount! Not terribly rare these days, just looks awesome.

Last thing I want to get done on Timeless Isle is Emperor Shaohao rep, but it seems agonizingly slow. I mean grinding mobs for 16 rep a piece? Ugh.

Really like the raven lord mount so this will probably be the first CE I buy.
Yeah, it looks awesome. I have the CE for BC and Wrath, but I skipped Cataclysm and went for the standard digital version with MoP. Might have to get back on the CE train for WoD.

Kenai

I might have to transfer to a PVP server. I don't like PVP, but that seems to be where all the progression is these days.

Stormrage for Alliance or Area 52 for Horde are pretty popular and progressed regarding pugs and both PvE. They are frequently locked though so moving to them might be hard (and they also have login queues during prime time).

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm trying to level my professions up to get gold, so I chose mining and herbalism. While I know mining will get me some coin - how valuable is herbalism in terms of getting money from my herbs?

Whooter

I'm trying to level my professions up to get gold, so I chose mining and herbalism. While I know mining will get me some coin - how valuable is herbalism in terms of getting money from my herbs?

It was my understanding that those are the two best for making gold, as the mats are used by multiple professions...

Destro lock. Dummies with no big cooldowns(no blood fury or dark soul)

Without popping any cooldowns (wolves, ascendance, elementals) I got around 98k after a minute against a raider dummy. I'm a level 527 enhance shaman. A fair bit lower than what I was doing farming rep solo on Timeless Isle.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
It was my understanding that those are the two best for making gold, as the mats are used by multiple professions...

hahahahahahaha

hehe. No.

If you want to kill yourself farming, you can do that.

But JC, enchanting, Alchemy, Engineering. Much better to have, and you lose out of +320 str/agi/int. Unless you're a Marksman Hunter, you don't want herbalism.

RavenLordMount.jpg

This Raven Lord looks like a proto-drake reskin but its actually got a lot of custom animations, a lot for attacking too. I'd imagine it'll be a mob or a boss in some fashion. Arrakoa raid?

Whooter

hahahahahahaha

hehe. No.

If you want to kill yourself farming, you can do that.

But JC, enchanting, Alchemy, Engineering. Much better to have, and you lose out of +320 str/agi/int. Unless you're a Marksman Hunter, you don't want herbalism.

If you have no gold, and want to make gold, how do you propose making any money off professions you need to buy the mats for? Should I have included the word "Gathering" in my response?

ch0mp

If you have no gold, and want to make gold, how do you propose making any money off professions you need to buy the mats for? Should I have included the word "Gathering" in my response?

How much is "no gold" anyway?

Go do some dailies and buy some ore, prospect it. Find out what cuts sell well and what don't. Alch and JC are a better combo because you can make gold from both of them and they complement each other.

The gold route near the bottom nets you almost 800g for an hour.

Whooter

You know what? Nevermind.

Sorry, Shrinnan, apparently I'm full of shit. Hopefully someone who knows something will answer your question.

Shahadan

Trying to up leatherworking on my reroll, and I'm gonna kill myself very soon. The absurd quantity of shit you need (I'm still doing pre-BC) on top of obscure ingredients is annoying as hell.

TheYanger

Trying to up leatherworking on my reroll, and I'm gonna kill myself very soon. The absurd quantity of shit you need (I'm still doing pre-BC) on top of obscure ingredients is annoying as hell.

Bc is the worst part of LW. by far. Then it gets much easier. It's a VERY expensive profession to level.

Enchanting is definitely the best money, all of my alts are enchanters.

Hupsel

I love rogues and its my main, but I hope they revamp the class next expansion to attract more players. Least played class if you look at MMO-Champion stats... and there are even more monks doing SoO than our poor rogues :(

Having combo points on the enemies instead of yourself is stupid, even monks dont work like that and theyre not only a DPS class. Redirect is a form to lazily try to fix that but not good enough, it ends up being just another button.

Khezu

Using the Shard of Zandalari for the past few days makes me realize how much I actually would like a troll with good posture.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I gave up on the idea of having a 90 of every class on my new server, since theres a good portion of them I don't like playing. So instead, I deleted some 60's and made two of my favorite classes (warrior, warlock) on the opposite faction.

I've now been fully sucked into the pet battle rabbit hole. I started out just exploring zones and thought I'd start battling just to see what kind of XP it would give me..now I troll every zone before I leave it and collect every pet (uncommon or above) in there. God help me.

Fjordson

Finally got a vendor mount. The mammoth in Dalaran.

So incredibly convenient. Not just for the repair, but having a vendor on you at all times. Great for farming out in the world.

Finally got a vendor mount. The mammoth in Dalaran.

So incredibly convenient. Not just for the repair, but having a vendor on you at all times. Great for farming out in the world.

Still say that was one of the best purchases I've made in WoW. Probably the best in terms of bang for buck. Can't think of anything that expensive (or more) right now that's served me as well. Certainly not for as long.

strafer

I use that mount to sit in starting zones.

Love new players coming up to me and wondering where to get one and sometimes asking for a ride. :d

Ultratech

Still say that was one of the best purchases I've made in WoW. Probably the best in terms of bang for buck. Can't think of anything that expensive (or more) right now that's served me as well. Certainly not for as long.

Indeed. While it's sorta expensive, having the vendors available just about anywhere you can mount is super useful.

Especially for farming stuff or if you need to get Talents/Glyphs switched around in a hurry.

Also helps that it doubles as a 3-man mount, since you can just boot the vendors off.

So here's a question:

What do you guys do when not raiding? I definitely outgear LFR now on my main, and mostly outgear Flex aside from a select piece or two (second trinket) and Heirlooms. So what do you do on your mains?

I do a few old raids each week for mounts - Kara and Tempest Keep right now, but other than that I'm mostly out of things to actually DO. There's some reps I can grind, I guess some Archeology for the bug mount and Vial of the Sands (I'd say Zin'Rokh but I have an OG one :p).

Besides that I can grind for gold, but that's not really engaging as such.

Mostly been playing alts a lot because of this "problem".

S'pose I can work on Loremaster. Want to get that done before WoD, even if I'm not particularly interested in the title.

Mount farming
Roleplaying

I guess I just don't know how to have a good time. Meet me in Goldshire later?

Maybe I could do MSV LFR carries or something. Self-esteem boost from dem meters.

And speaking of MSV, I really should do normal mount runs there. Been too lazy to sign up for it before.

strafer

I guess I just don't know how to have a good time. Meet me in Goldshire later?

Maybe I could do MSV LFR carries or something. Self-esteem boost from dem meters.

And speaking of MSV, I really should do normal mount runs there. Been too lazy to sign up for it before.

I'm currently on a break. Will probably not return until WoD.

Tacitus_

I log my main basically for profession cooldowns and doing the honor daily so I can get some pvp gear. And occasionally for xmog gear runs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can you do 10m Ulduar and then switch to 25 at Yogg with no watchers for a chance at the head, or do you have to do 25 all the way through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom