• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
newHF02.jpg

MMOChampion is blocked just as well. Anything game related is blocked lol.(except GAF yay). :(

Last night I learned that Siege of Orgrimmar is also in the Lunar Festival mood and the lanterns are up in the Shamans area. Fun fact: Tanks can get stuck on those stupid decorations. That was awesome :(

Bisnic

Gemüsepizza;98215799 said:
Does this work?

Looks nice...

Abload is blocked too lol, only imgur seems to work.

Oh well, at this point, I might as well wait until after work. :p

mileS

I know its early yet but they should have held on to that one until they had the multiple expressions pics like they did for the gnome. That really sold it for me. Looks pretty good though.

Nice. I wonder how much the 1 body type model has worked in WoW's favor over the years.

It helps that they've designed the races with the body types built-in. Like thick women? Go Orc or Dwarf. Want a wispy waif? Roll a Blood Elf Male. A fan of poor posture? Go Cow, or Undead.

Skab

It helps that they've designed the races with the body types built-in. Like thick women? Go Orc or Dwarf. Want a wispy waif? Roll a Blood Elf Male. A fan of poor posture? Go Cow, or Undead.

Every time i see my male troll hunter go into his idle standing animation, where he stands up straight and stretches, I sit up straight and stretch out in my chair a bit.

CassSept

That's a pretty good model to be honest, I like it. Huuuge improvement over vanilla. Not as huge as undead female, but it's still something, I don't really dig vanilla human female.

scoobs

Looks fantastic. Really excited to see the facial animations and stuff because still screenshots make them look so lifeless. HYPETRAIN

Khezu

I was thinking about rolling a human female paladin a few days ago, but now I kinda want to hold off until WoD.

Looking at the new model sorta ruined the old one for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I know they said they'd look at Goblin and Worgen after they were done to see if it needed anything. But they gotta fix female Worgen's faces. Terrible chihuahua face.

lolol @ the Nazgrim LFR changes. Hasn't he already been nerfed? I didn't think he was much of an issue anymore on LFR. They might as well just replace him with a target dummy to beat on for a few minutes o.o

Fjordson

The new female human model is great. All the models so far look great.

Even though it's merely cosmetic, the new models are definitely one of the new features I'm most looking forward to.

Ultratech

Anyone know what ilvl to expect to be able to do normal SoO 10m? A couple friends and I want to do it for the mount, and we want to get our ilvl sufficient before we start to fill in the cracks.

Yeah, I've been wanting to get that done as well.

From what I've done so far, if you can do the 1st half on Flex without too much issue, you can probably do it on Normal.
The 2nd half probably needs a bit more considerable gear, but if you've got people who absolutely know what to do and whatnot, it'll go a long ways in getting those fights done.

Every time i see my male troll hunter go into his idle standing animation, where he stands up straight and stretches, I sit up straight and stretch out in my chair a bit.

Yeah, I get the itch to do that as well.

It's kinda funny that if they weren't hunched over all the time, they'd be pretty tall.

RkOwnage

I've decided I want to do tanking on my Warrior just because I haven't done so since WotLK and want to try something different. Finding a weapon has been a considerable pain in the ass thus far. Does anyone know a way to get a decent weapon for ToT RF in a quick amount of time? I've gotten a good set of Tank gear but I am just missing the weapon at this point...

Any ideas?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Two of our core raid members we're banned today. We all logged on to raid and found out :( No heroic Galakras for me!

I've decided I want to do tanking on my Warrior just because I haven't done so since WotLK and want to try something different. Finding a weapon has been a considerable pain in the ass thus far. Does anyone know a way to get a decent weapon for ToT RF in a quick amount of time? I've gotten a good set of Tank gear but I am just missing the weapon at this point...

Any ideas?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95391 is a good option, if you upgrade it to 471. It'll at least boost your Ilvl a bit more than the 450 from the scenario when you hit 90. I'd suggest doing a bunch of timeless isle quests/rares and buying 12 mogu runes of fate for LFR. Bonus rolls off bosses almost always snag you something these days.

Pick up one of these: http://www.wowhead.com/item=95509/mantid-artifact-sonic-locator and you'll always get mantid dig sites, its very easy to get this item then.

Khezu

What was the thing that turned cat druids into a fire cat?

Was it a piece of armor or a weapon? I haven't seen any druids with that form anymore.

Shame it looked cool. They should bring it back as a glyph of something.

Shaman 90 get! (4th 90) In the couple hours after hitting that I've got him up to an iLvl of 490. Really need a neck (probably second rarest Timeless piece after rings, possibly rarest) and a second trinket. Had crafted BoA Inscription staff, replaced now already with a 483 one from Terrace. Those 3 slots are the lowest ones - if i fill just one with a 502, I can probably get into SoO LFR. Otherwise I guess I'm saving VP for the Shadow-Pan Assault triinket.

So GAF, I came back again and decided to level my Prot Warrior and Mage. Right now I am leveling as a frost Mage using Living Bomb a lot because it seems like the most PVE like ability. I'm currently 88 and I wanted to know if any top tier mages have builds they can share? Is frost a relevant PVE spec?

Stat Priority to my knowledge is:

Int > Hit (whatever cap is) > Haste > Mastery > Crit ?

Bisnic

So GAF, I came back again and decided to level my Prot Warrior and Mage. Right now I am leveling as a frost Mage using Living Bomb a lot because it seems like the most PVE like ability. I'm currently 88 and I wanted to know if any top tier mages have builds they can share? Is frost a relevant PVE spec?

You got the stat priority right, and yes Frost is a relevant and very strong PVE spec(lots of crits and instant spells), although i have no idea how it compare to Arcane and Fire.

As for the build, just pick whatever you want. I like Frost Bomb personally and whatever the name of the talent that gives a spell damage buff everytime you use Evocation. The rune on the ground is nice, but when you do fights where you need to move a lot, it sucks.

You got the stat priority right, and yes Frost is a relevant and very strong PVE spec(lots of crits and instant spells), although i have no idea how it compare to Arcane and Fire.

As for the build, just pick whatever you want. I like Frost Bomb personally and whatever the name of the talent that gives a spell damage buff everytime you use Evocation. The rune on the ground is nice, but when you do fights where you need to move a lot, it sucks.

Awesome, thanks. I played as Arcane up to level 85 and while I enjoyed it, got really sick of it. I was using Frost Bomb and really liked that but decided to check out Living Bomb just because I could place it on 3 targets at once (I usually do 2 unless there's tons of enemies). Ah, I think I know what you're talking about, I believe that's a level 90 talent I have to wait for, I planned on grabbing that. Do you mean ring of frost? I have that one too, can't say I use it a lot but I have definitely used it in the dungeons.

Bisnic

Awesome, thanks. I played as Arcane up to level 85 and while I enjoyed it, got really sick of it. I was using Frost Bomb and really liked that but decided to check out Living Bomb just because I could place it on 3 targets at once (I usually do 2 unless there's tons of enemies). Ah, I think I know what you're talking about, I believe that's a level 90 talent I have to wait for, I planned on grabbing that. Do you mean ring of frost? I have that one too, can't say I use it a lot but I have definitely used it in the dungeons.

The rune on the ground i was talking about is one of the lvl 90 talent, it gives a spell damage buff like the others, but you have to stand on the rune to get the buff. So, you understand why it sucks when you need to move a lot. At least for the Evocation buff, you only need to use it once every minute and move as much as you like.

Ring of frost is nice, but yeah... i rarely use it. I think the only time i use it in MoP PVE is that Niuzao Temple dungeon 2nd boss where you have to wait for mobs to walk stairs to reach you while you throw fruits(or whatever) to slow them. I just put a ring down there and spam my spells on them while they're frozen.

RkOwnage

Two of our core raid members we're banned today. We all logged on to raid and found out :( No heroic Galakras for me!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95391 is a good option, if you upgrade it to 471. It'll at least boost your Ilvl a bit more than the 450 from the scenario when you hit 90. I'd suggest doing a bunch of timeless isle quests/rares and buying 12 mogu runes of fate for LFR. Bonus rolls off bosses almost always snag you something these days.

Pick up one of these: http://www.wowhead.com/item=95509/mantid-artifact-sonic-locator and you'll always get mantid dig sites, its very easy to get this item then.

Can't thank you enough.

The rune on the ground i was talking about is one of the lvl 90 talent, it gives a spell damage buff like the others, but you have to stand on the rune to get the buff. So, you understand why it sucks when you need to move a lot. At least for the Evocation buff, you only need to use it once every minute and move as much as you like.

Ring of frost is nice, but yeah... i rarely use it. I think the only time i use it in MoP PVE is that Niuzao Temple dungeon 2nd boss where you have to wait for mobs to walk stairs to reach you while you throw fruits(or whatever) to slow them. I just put a ring down there and spam my spells on them while they're frozen.

Ahh, gotcha. Evocation buff sounds like what I'll end up going with, seems like i'm always moving. Yeah, it has it's uses even though it's very rare, lol. Thanks for the advice :)

Living Bomb is the best choice for Frost Mages because of the way Brain Freeze procs work. Each tick gives a chance to get a proc for a free instant Frostfire Bolt, as opposed to Frost Bomb which only does damage at the end of its duration (Frost Bomb also has a cast time). Nether Tempest might be better in certain situations with heavy AoE, but I would say stick with Living Bomb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time I see a skyscreamer in-game I just want one more. Luckily I play on MG, so I don't see them that often. But I see them all the time on weekly world bosses

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I discovered you can bonus roll as many times as you want without a lockout(granted that you kill the boss again)

Now I'm thinking about saving all 3 of my seals for 3 flex 1 groups to try t oget the Gaze of Arrogance.

Salamando

So the new raven mount is definitely the CE mount then. Think we might be closer to beta and release than I thought!

We only appear close to the start of pre-orders. That's what this patch is largely doing - adding the presumed CE mount and pet and adding support for the instant 90 boost.

We only appear close to the start of pre-orders. That's what this patch is largely doing - adding the presumed CE mount and pet and adding support for the instant 90 boost.

Right. But if you look at past pre-order dates for Blizzard games, they typically don't happen that far ahead of release.

I think MoP CE/DD could first be preordered in late July and released in late September. The D3 expansion wasn't much different

I hope WoD has an early summer release, for our sake and the game's sake.

Dawg

MoP beta was march and release september.

Wonder if it'll take that long again. I remember being so bored with Cataclysm that I ended up playing MoP during the entire beta period. Main acc was frozen, beta not :lol Felt like I was playing the xpac for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom