• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
When flightpaths go wrong. lol

GywPCAB.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Need a gaf wow network. I am literally 1 achievement away from Firelands raider(Kneeling) and 2 away from Lich King. And it's a pain to find people on OQ who know what to do

Yeah I only really use FPs when I want to go AFK and use the bathroom or something. Or just be lazy if it's a relatively long distance and I can browse GAF or whatever. Otherwise it's just faster to fly, even on my characters without 310% speed (not including guild or other bonuses).

Not counting alts without flying or before 70 ofc.

So here's a question:

What do you guys do when not raiding? I definitely outgear LFR now on my main, and mostly outgear Flex aside from a select piece or two (second trinket) and Heirlooms. So what do you do on your mains?

I do a few old raids each week for mounts - Kara and Tempest Keep right now, but other than that I'm mostly out of things to actually DO. There's some reps I can grind, I guess some Archeology for the bug mount and Vial of the Sands (I'd say Zin'Rokh but I have an OG one :p).

Besides that I can grind for gold, but that's not really engaging as such.

Mostly been playing alts a lot because of this "problem".

S'pose I can work on Loremaster. Want to get that done before WoD, even if I'm not particularly interested in the title.

Collect mounts! And work on achievements. Those are really the big two that continue to drive me along when I find that I'm not interested in working on current content. But it really just depends what you enjoy. Go through the Brawler's Guild if you haven't done so yet. Start collecting pets and work your way up to the top pet battle thing (Celestial Tournament?). Try out PVP in either arenas or BGs if you've neglected trying it out. One day can be spent attempting to solo content that would present a challenge just to see if you can do it.

Or just start an alt? I never work on alts but as a shaman it's made me want to go back and work on getting another max level tank since I miss tanking from my BC and Wrath days. Or get an alt just to aim on maxing out professions you've never tried?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tempted to level my dwarf shammy now just so I can flex for Dark Shaman transmog ie the best Shaman tier in the game.

Because who knows how many people you'll need to do SoO normal/flex in WoD and how many would WANT to.

Ultratech

Thunderfury get!

I guess I was expecting a bit more when I summoned the boss, but that's it really.

Just need to get Sulfuras done now.
Only need a few more Blood of the Mountain, another Ingot, and 50 Arcanite Bars (which should be a bit easier than grinding out the 80 Arcane Crystals or so that I did for Thunderfury).

Fjordson

Thunderfury get!

I guess I was expecting a bit more when I summoned the boss, but that's it really.

Just need to get Sulfuras done now.
Only need a few more Blood of the Mountain, another Ingot, and 50 Arcanite Bars (which should be a bit easier than grinding out the 80 Arcane Crystals or so that I did for Thunderfury).
Grats!

Fjordson

So here's a question:

What do you guys do when not raiding? I definitely outgear LFR now on my main, and mostly outgear Flex aside from a select piece or two (second trinket) and Heirlooms. So what do you do on your mains?

I do a few old raids each week for mounts - Kara and Tempest Keep right now, but other than that I'm mostly out of things to actually DO. There's some reps I can grind, I guess some Archeology for the bug mount and Vial of the Sands (I'd say Zin'Rokh but I have an OG one :p).

Besides that I can grind for gold, but that's not really engaging as such.

Mostly been playing alts a lot because of this "problem".

S'pose I can work on Loremaster. Want to get that done before WoD, even if I'm not particularly interested in the title.
Missed this question earlier, but I'm one of those weird people who enjoys almost anything in this game. Hell, I enjoy putting on a podcast and just farming for a few hours.

I also almost always have some sort of "project" that I focus on with my main. Like for a while it was rep for the various rewards. Anglers, Celestials, Klaxxi, etc. Or focusing on archaeology for a week for some of the rewards (the fossilized raptor especially). Also went through the entire Brawlers Guild, that took me a few weeks. Lately I've been catching up on Timeless Isle. Going for the Huolon mount and getting some of the vanity items and pets. And of course alts as well. I really like leveling alts. Random dungeons, low level battlegrounds loaded with BoAs :lol still trying to decide on what my main will be in WoD.

But it's easy for me to fill my time in game since I don't play as much as I did earlier in the expansion. Still enjoy playing for sure, it's just I'm really only on for like 5-10 hours a week at this point. I've finished all the rep grinds, finished SoO, maxed out my professions. I could try to get in on some heroic raiding now that I've got pretty good gear on my hunter, but I don't have much interest in serious raiding right now.

Liha

Banned
Can you do 10m Ulduar and then switch to 25 at Yogg with no watchers for a chance at the head, or do you have to do 25 all the way through?
You must do 25, I tried it.

advice: Kill all bosses except yogg with a twink and share your ID with other friends / characters and go offline.
After the ID reset can you extend your ID.
This is the easiest way to farm the mount.
You have an only yogg ID forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The irony of a casual raiding guild seems to be that it ends up taking far more of your time sitting in raids due to people not paying attention, people not using vent, people not having flasks, people not listening during explanations, people getting 'sooo drunk', etc

So I did some Archaeology today and got one of those Mantid locator thingies that makes all your sites Mantid ones. Kinda cool since I finished both rares in maybe an hour or two at most. But the best thing about Mantid sites is that all the dig spots are really close together, and the sites themselves are only located in Dread Wastes or Townlong, so you save a lot of travel time. So they're really good for farming the crates for other fragments (Tol'Vir in my case) without gallivanting all around the old world. The downside is you don't get Mogu or Pandaren sites which are needed to get pristine artifacts for the Seeker of Knowledge title.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So my shaman's lightning shield one shots yellow mobs. And with my swift hand of justice, I'm wondering if I could find a spot with fast respawns, aggro mobs and just afk a few levels...

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So my shaman's lightning shield one shots yellow mobs. And with my swift hand of justice, I'm wondering if I could find a spot with fast respawns, aggro mobs and just afk a few levels...

You don't get xp from passive attacks, or stuff like pets.

They thought of that too =p

Speaking of Archaeology, is it still a horribly unpleasant grind?

Yes but not nearly as horrible as it was at Cata launch. Still pretty fucking terrible though.

And on the topic, I just happened to fight someone while at a digsite. If they incorporated some PvP objectives that could be fought over for keystones or rare artifacts or whatever, that could be a cool thing that motivates both more World PvP and Archaeology. Something I never thought of before, but could be a lot of fun - chance at a PvP encounter rather than just a grind. Possibly even things like rare elites or encounters like those in the Brawler's Guild that could be interfered with. Might have to post that one on the Blizz forums.

Aylinato

Yes but not nearly as horrible as it was at Cata launch. Still pretty fucking terrible though.

And on the topic, I just happened to fight someone while at a digsite. If they incorporated some PvP objectives that could be fought over for keystones or rare artifacts or whatever, that could be a cool thing that motivates both more World PvP and Archaeology. Something I never thought of before, but could be a lot of fun - chance at a PvP encounter rather than just a grind. Possibly even things like rare elites or encounters like those in the Brawler's Guild that could be interfered with. Might have to post that one on the Blizz forums.

Or they could have zones where u cannot fly and have quests in similar regions while having two separate towns that you raid.defend. South shore/(fall something?) I dunno the horde town, but that area was the bomb for raids on horde/having horde fight alliance.

Zemm

£35 to transfer to a different realm with a faction change?

cm-43150-250e91ca1a779d.gif

I dread to think what the auto level 90 will cost.

You don't get xp from pets.
I absolutely get xp from lightning shield kills.
That's odd because I always get frustrated when my lightning shield killed something while grinding rep or working on cloth because they'd be unlootable and I wouldn't get rep. Suppose XP could be different but I always disable the lightning shield.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish I liked warrior more. My pandaren warrior looks badass, but the whole colossus smash thing confuses me. Maybe it's just me, but they seem to ahve one of the most complicated rotations(or at least the one you have to watch CDs the most in)

You did something, melee or a shock. If it's 100% lightning shield it's nada.

It's possibly the Elemental Force on my weapons then. That's the only thing I can think of because I autoran through a bunch of harpies in Durotar and got exp for it

Ultratech

I dread to think what the auto level 90 will cost.

I think even if they do offer it, it probably won't be all THAT much.

After all, the 90 boost is effectively one-time only for a single character.

They can still charge crazy amounts of money for everything else.

I think even if they do offer it, it probably won't be all THAT much.

After all, the 90 boost is effectively one-time only for a single character.

They can still charge crazy amounts of money for everything else.

And you have to consider that a level 90 won't be max level after WoD is out. Plus without professions, likely green gear, I can't imagine it will cost that much. It would have to be less than $65 (cost of WoD + character transfer), and with how early and often they have sales on expansions, it would have to cost much less than that. I would guess less than $40 - no idea on Euro equivalent

I for one am looking forward to being able to get auto 90s. I don't have the time to level a bunch of characters anymore. And since I only PvP, gearing up is extremely easy through Conquest Points.

Well I have decided to get back into WoW. Mainly for WoD. Not sure where to post this question but was wondering if there are any guilds with open membership. Thought I would ask on GAF because of all the friendly people :)

Working on my 73 NE druid at the moment. Currently play on Dragonblight but wouldn't mind rerolling either if there is a fun guild out there ramping up to do raids.

Just figured this is the best place to ask. WoW is way less fun without a core group to group with.

Well I have decided to get back into WoW. Mainly for WoD. Not sure where to post this question but was wondering if there are any guilds with open membership. Thought I would ask on GAF because of all the friendly people :)

Working on my 73 NE druid at the moment. Currently play on Dragonblight but wouldn't mind rerolling either if there is a fun guild out there ramping up to do raids.

Just figured this is the best place to ask. WoW is way less fun without a core group to group with.

No one on GAF really plays with each other. We're almost all on different servers. I mainly play as horde on Ner'zhul.

So ended up deciding to equip my two Royal Satchels (and probably will do the same with my next one that I'll have tomorrow) on my main since I was really feeling the stress of limited bag space.

SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!

But seriously, though it may have "cost" me potential gold, it was probably worth it. My bank is still pretty constrained, but I definitely have some good room in my primary bags now. Once I fill up my carrying bag slots with them, I'll probably just sell any further ones for pretty good revenue until the end of the expansion. I mean they do take ~12 days make (less if you grind Spirits of Harmony, which I'm not keen to do on my Priest.) If I get my Lock with Tailoring to 90 soon enough, that's around 7-8k revenue every 12 days for minimal effort.

So ended up deciding to equip my two Royal Satchels (and probably will do the same with my next one that I'll have tomorrow) on my main since I was really feeling the stress of limited bag space.

SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES!

But seriously, though it may have "cost" me potential gold, it was probably worth it. My bank is still pretty constrained, but I definitely have some good room in my primary bags now. Once I fill up my carrying bag slots with them, I'll probably just sell any further ones for pretty good revenue until the end of the expansion. I mean they do take ~12 days make (less if you grind Spirits of Harmony, which I'm not keen to do on my Priest.) If I get my Lock with Tailoring to 90 soon enough, that's around 7-8k revenue every 12 days for minimal effort.

What realm are you on that Royal Satchels sell for 7-8k? They're 3k max on the server where my tailor is. I make more money by creating leg enchants.

Dawg

Rösti;98444285 said:
Rygarius is a US community manager responsible for posting patch notes and hotfixes.

rygariuszrlze.png

Source: https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/426914027982577664

Early?!

Blizz really needs an extra team to bring in some content so people don't get bored waiting for the next expansion. I understand it was harder back in the day but the 5th (!) expansion is coming now and they still haven't found a solution for the yearly gap without any new content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom