• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I think the community's overreliance on people having legendary cloaks is what kind of killed alts for people this expansion. I'm trying to get my lock his cloak, but I'm playing my warrior again ,and it's a lot to expect someone to do that trip twice if it's a character who didn't do the parts as they came out.

I think they ought to lower some requirements(guaranteed sigil drops/treasures etc, valor down to 1000 t hat can be done in a week). Especially when you realize how quickly you can do rep. I think at this point everyone who wants it, kind of has it and people don't feel up to doing it on their alts. Maybe it's just me.

Early?!

Blizz really needs an extra team to bring in some content so people don't get bored waiting for the next expansion. I understand it was harder back in the day but the 5th (!) expansion is coming now and they still haven't found a solution for the yearly gap without any new content.

He later backtracked the tweet and said he meant that it's too soon to talk about the 6.0 patch notes right after 5.4.7 because they take a while to write. He sort of implied beta might be sooner rather than later. I'm betting early February.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
It was my understanding that those are the two best for making gold, as the mats are used by multiple professions...

That's what I've heard and I've been making pretty good money mining so far so it's good right now.

But JC, enchanting, Alchemy, Engineering. Much better to have, and you lose out of +320 str/agi/int. Unless you're a Marksman Hunter, you don't want herbalism.

I'll remember this for when I want to do a profession that I want to actually use plus make money on.

For now though, I think I'm actually just going to stick to both mining and herbalism in order to max both out so that I can use either or when I need to for specific professions - if I unlearn a profession and relearn it I will still keep all of my skill, correct?

I swear you must have to sink something like 30+ hours of Archaeology for that bug mount. And I can't even get lucky with Canopic Jars either :(

I don't even want to speculate on the Seeker of Knowledge title.

Tarazet

I'll remember this for when I want to do a profession that I want to actually use plus make money on.

For now though, I think I'm actually just going to stick to both mining and herbalism in order to max both out so that I can use either or when I need to for specific professions - if I unlearn a profession and relearn it I will still keep all of my skill, correct?

No. But, you can use them to farm up the mats for the professions you actually want to have, and both Mining and Herbalism can be leveled to 500 in Pandaria. You'll only be getting scraps of things you have to piece together into actual mats though, until 500.

Shrennin

No. But, you can use them to farm up the mats for the professions you actually want to have, and both Mining and Herbalism can be leveled to 500 in Pandaria. You'll only be getting scraps of things you have to piece together into actual mats though, until 500.

Oh, wait - so if I unlearn a profession then I'll lose all the skill associated with it - essentially, if I'm at 128 for herbalism and unlearn it - I will be at 0 again when/if I decide to relearn it?

If so, then I may keep mining and choose a non-gathering profession.

Tarazet

Oh, wait - so if I unlearn a profession then I'll lose all the skill associated with it - essentially, if I'm at 128 for herbalism and unlearn it - I will be at 0 again when/if I decide to relearn it?

If so, then I may keep mining and choose a non-gathering profession.

Right. If you decide that you wanted herbalism again you will start from scratch.

On the off chance you are playing a Druid, I highly recommend to keep Herbalism (since it's easy mode as a druid) and would lean towards Alchemy as your production profession, specifically potion master.

Shrennin

Right. If you decide that you wanted herbalism again you will start from scratch.

On the off chance you are playing a Druid, I highly recommend to keep Herbalism (since it's easy mode as a druid) and would lean towards Alchemy as your production profession, specifically potion master.

I'm actually a Pandaren Monk. I'm not sure what profession would go best with it though, so if you have any suggestions I'm open to them! :D

Tarazet

I'm actually a Pandaren Monk. I'm not sure what profession would go best with it though, so if you have any suggestions I'm open to them! :D

That depends on the spec. But now that I think of it, leveling professions is going to be massively easier in WoD expansion anyway. They're overhauling the whole way you do professions. The way it is now is hideously outdated and isn't worth bothering with. I also wouldn't bank on being able to make a lot of money with any profession since they will be easier to get. And since people are aware of that, the materials that are used for leveling are crashing through the floor.

The real money has always and will always come from playing the auction house and markets intelligently, as well as simply playing the game since you get fed a steady stream of money.

Shrennin

That depends on the spec. But now that I think of it, leveling professions is going to be massively easier in WoD expansion anyway. They're overhauling the whole way you do professions. The way it is now is hideously outdated and isn't worth bothering with. I also wouldn't bank on being able to make a lot of money with any profession since they will be easier to get. And since people are aware of that, the materials that are used for leveling are crashing through the floor.

The real money has always and will always come from playing the auction house and markets intelligently, as well as simply playing the game since you get fed a steady stream of money.

Huh. That's kinda disappointing - as far as the potential of money with professions. Is it because of the Garrisons and NPCs that will go do stuff (like gathering, crafting, etc.) for the player?

Also, I'm a Windwalker mainly with Mistweaver being my secondary spec.

Tarazet

Huh. That's kinda disappointing - as far as the potential of money with professions. Is it because of the Garrisons and NPCs that will go do stuff (like gathering, crafting, etc.) for the player?

Also, I'm a Windwalker mainly with Mistweaver being my secondary spec.

As things stand now, the best professions for Windwalker for DPS min-maxing are Tailoring (for Swordguard Embroidery) and Engineering (for Synapse Springs). Who knows how it will shake out in the next expansion, though. I'd still probably say Alchemy is a good profession to have.. if you make and use your own potions then you will be a little god for the first month of the xpac.

Third LFR Terrace fail in a row.

It's Terrace

The last time I did Terrace LFR, which was right before SoO got patched in, it was a terrible group and we ended up doing it on the second or third attempt with me, an enhancement shaman, solo-tanking nearly the entire Sha fight. It was honestly one of the most intense things for me that I've done in the game. I got a combat rez at one point and was popping everything I could even think to stay alive. Obviously had some very good healers, too, as they were the ones that really had to work on keeping me up. The rough part was not knowing the fight from the tank's perspective so I wasn't certain what to watch out for.

It'd be so awesome if they gave shamans a tank spec. I just miss tanking.

Edit: Heh, if curious I knew I had posted in the last OT about it in more detail: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73788378&postcount=13512

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Been 'raiding' ie doing LFR as my warrior in Arms. I'm only doing like 68k dps, but i'm also wearing a lot of tank stuff that I've got to replace, and I don't have the crystal for my sha-touched axe yet. But I'm really enjoying it(only doing like Terrace, Heart, MSV til I get the tanking stuff replaced)

It's really active. My health drops a lot more than my lock, but it's a lot more exciting. Doesn't feel like I just stick into the ground and go into turret mode. Move slightly to the left. Go into turret mode. And charging stuff is the best.

CassSept

Wow looks like scammers are stepping their game up. I just got a decently-disguised e-mail from "customer support" informing my that I had been selected for a free enchanted fey dragon. Woah.

Hupsel

Isnt there a rumor that profession buffs are going away? I hope so lol. Im starting a DPS monk and got enchanting and mining since, well, they give a ton of gold since vanilla and I never get past 10k in an expansion.

Rokam

Started leveling an enhancement shaman today, 0-45 in 13 hours. I love what they've done to Fire Nova, was such shit before. Was able to pull 1k dps overall in Scholo, 2k on the big packs.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Started leveling an enhancement shaman today, 0-45 in 13 hours. I love what they've done to Fire Nova, was such shit before. Was able to pull 1k dps overall in Scholo, 2k on the big packs.

Yeah, my enh shaman AOE DPS is insane thanks to spreading Fire Shock on everyone, Fire Nova, Magma Totem and Chain Lighting and he's not even 90 yet. My balance druid wish he had that much stuff for AOE instead of Hurricane and some shitty mushrooms.

Salamando

Oh, that makes more sense. Still pretty good price though - I'd probably make them if they sold for that much on Korgath!

Oh, a fellow Korgathian? Horde or Alliance?

Isnt there a rumor that profession buffs are going away? I hope so lol. Im starting a DPS monk and got enchanting and mining since, well, they give a ton of gold since vanilla and I never get past 10k in an expansion.

Don't know if bonuses will be removed, but they will need to be reworked. Blacksmithing especially, since their bonus is dependent on Jewelcrafting, whose entire profession will be different for Warlords (sockets becoming a random thing on items).

Am I the only one who wants Totems back for Shamans? :p

I'm assuming you mean utility totems that you place for every fight? No thanks. I like that I really only need to worry about placing a fire totem and the rest are more situational. I wouldn't mind some of them being reworked as there's still a couple I never get around to using but that could be more my play style and never really doing PVP where those unused ones would be more important.

I got used to dropping four totems and relocating them frequently but I don't want to go back to that.

Khezu

My sword sheaths backwards when I'm a monkey for some reason.
Kinda looks better actually.

ks0i005.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So we finally got enough of the band back together to start challenge modes this past weekend. Got golds on scarlet halls and Scholomance so far. Halls was a bitch just because of fucking up the beginning with dogs and meat bucket. Scholo wasn't bad, I think we got gold on our third try.

Looking forward to finally getting this done, as getting that amazing transmog set on my warlock has been one of my goals ever since they were announced like 2 years ago.

Jag

Is Recount still the best damage meter addon? I know there were some issues in the past.

Since most of the Flex Garrosh runs that I'm on become meter arguments as the wipes pile up, I figure I should be running a meter as well to ensure I'm keeping pace.

I also found 550 ilevel to be a minimum level to get into Flex raids. Some groups only took in people 550 and up. I was able to hit it just doing LFR, the legendary cloak and Ordos.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is Recount still the best damage meter addon? I know there were some issues in the past.

Since most of the Flex Garrosh runs that I'm on become meter arguments as the wipes pile up, I figure I should be running a meter as well to ensure I'm keeping pace.

I also found 550 ilevel to be a minimum level to get into Flex raids. Some groups only took in people 550 and up. I was able to hit it just doing LFR, the legendary cloak and Ordos.

550 is extreme, even for Garrosh. 540 is much more reasonable. I'm 548 on my hunter and I pretty much dominate anyone who isn't in full normal/heroic gear when I bother finding a pug flex.

StMeph

Just started playing after leaving during TBC, so I haven't seen anything from WotLK, Cata, or MoP. Rolled a DK because I wanted to solo old content for fun and transmogs, and abused RAF 3x XP to level to 90 at an absurd clip. Currently doing SoO LFR and Celestials to gear up.

This was my 2nd full week at 90, so I'm still on the 3000 Valor part of the Legendary quest line, and my current average ilevel is 524. Since I can only get 2x 561 pieces from Celestials, and SoO is only 536 with upgrades, what else can I do to raise my ilevel if I want to do Flex? No access to Ordos.

Anoregon

Just started playing after leaving during TBC, so I haven't seen anything from WotLK, Cata, or MoP. Rolled a DK because I wanted to solo old content for fun and transmogs, and abused RAF 3x XP to level to 90 at an absurd clip. Currently doing SoO LFR and Celestials to gear up.

This was my 2nd full week at 90, so I'm still on the 3000 Valor part of the Legendary quest line, and my current average ilevel is 524. Since I can only get 2x 561 pieces from Celestials, and SoO is only 536 with upgrades, what else can I do to raise my ilevel if I want to do Flex? No access to Ordos.

Flex 1 and 2 are generally more forgiving of ilvl. You should be able to find groups with OQ at around ~520. Then you use the loot you get from there, upgraded to 548, to boost your avg ilvl over 530 to more regularly find flex 3-4 groups.

Jag

550 is extreme, even for Garrosh. 540 is much more reasonable. I'm 548 on my hunter and I pretty much dominate anyone who isn't in full normal/heroic gear when I bother finding a pug flex.

It definitely is, but with most Flex 4s having a 30 person wait list for DPS, it makes it easier to get into raids.

Anoregon

It definitely is, but with most Flex 4s having a 30 person wait list for DPS, it makes it easier to get into raids.

I don't even bother waitlisting, really. Once I see a group has 13+ people and a 10+ waitlist it's pretty much already going full steam. The real key to OQ success is just finding groups right as they start up so you are one of the first appropriately geared DPS to click the button.

StMeph

Flex 1 and 2 are generally more forgiving of ilvl. You should be able to find groups with OQ at around ~520. Then you use the loot you get from there, upgraded to 548, to boost your avg ilvl over 530 to more regularly find flex 3-4 groups.

I don't even bother waitlisting, really. Once I see a group has 13+ people and a 10+ waitlist it's pretty much already going full steam. The real key to OQ success is just finding groups right as they start up so you are one of the first appropriately geared DPS to click the button.

Thanks. I'll keep those things in mind.

Salamando

Horde right now, but I used to play both. I've been on Korgath since WotLK and sadly Horde side just isn't the same as it was during WotLK. Which are you?

I don't play WoW that regularly now, mainly just log on to do arenas.

Main is Alliance. Entire guild transferred here shortly after Throne of Thunder came out. Home server (eredar) was just dead. Like, I can't believe it hasn't been merged levels of dead. Only log on for the twice weekly raid though.

My primary alt is Horde. Not doing much with her outside of tanking LFR's.

Rokam

Main is Alliance. Entire guild transferred here shortly after Throne of Thunder came out. Home server (eredar) was just dead. Like, I can't believe it hasn't been merged levels of dead. Only log on for the twice weekly raid though.

My primary alt is Horde. Not doing much with her outside of tanking LFR's.

Eredar has become a barren wasteland, I log on my hunter there to check rares on timeless isle and I'm usually the only person on the island. Crazy.

Aylinato

Eredar has become a barren wasteland, I log on my hunter there to check rares on timeless isle and I'm usually the only person on the island. Crazy.

Gul'dead is so dead that even after being joined with two other servers we still get connected with other servers.

If you are horde though it's heaven

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Starshatter is such a BA sword. Wish it glowed more, that's my only real request. Or how about a random 'proc' where each 'star' lit up in a pattern

Dawg

Anyone else think/hope Blizzard will state you can only use the "buy lvl 90" option if you already have one lvl 90? New players would still have to play the entire game upto lvl 90 at least once before they could buy their way to lvl 90.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's no way. A big part of it is them trying to convince you to get your friends and family into the game and get a taste for what the end-game is like. The leveling process is too intimidating to those who are familiar.

They're supposed to be implementing some kind of lengthy 'proving grounds' for the boosted 90s though.

Ultratech

Starshatter is such a BA sword. Wish it glowed more, that's my only real request. Or how about a random 'proc' where each 'star' lit up in a pattern

Yup. The LFR version is pretty awesome and I have it as Transmog on my DK right now.
Looks gorgeous with high settings.

Too bad the Normal version looks like a banana and Heroic's a chili pepper.

Yep been in this guild a week and I'm already (somewhat casually) on the search for another one. Roster so unstable that 25 mans cancelled until further notice. At the very least I got a decent amount of gear this week including a warforged trinket that I'm in a much better place for applying to other guilds than I would have been. That and there's a good chance I should be finishing my cloak tomorrow. Though I guess I'll need to backtrack somewhat since I don't have a flex or normal Garrosh kill yet.

Yep been in this guild a week and I'm already (somewhat casually) on the search for another one. Roster so unstable that 25 mans cancelled until further notice. At the very least I got a decent amount of gear this week including a warforged trinket that I'm in a much better place for applying to other guilds than I would have been. That and there's a good chance I should be finishing my cloak tomorrow. Though I guess I'll need to backtrack somewhat since I don't have a flex or normal Garrosh kill yet.

I don't think any guild recruiting that isn't deep into heroic progression would require a Garrosh kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom