• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

This was known ever since it was suggested at Blizzcon. As much as the idea of them just 'selling' characters seems bad, the truth of the matter is including one in WoD is pretty damn smart, and as long as it includes one you ARE selling level 90 characters, it's just a big pain in the ass. This is simpler and cleaner for both parties.

Rokam

This was known ever since it was suggested at Blizzcon. As much as the idea of them just 'selling' characters seems bad, the truth of the matter is including one in WoD is pretty damn smart, and as long as it includes one you ARE selling level 90 characters, it's just a big pain in the ass. This is simpler and cleaner for both parties.

But think of all the LFRs full of people who don't know how to play their class!!!

Oh....

Whooter

Well, it's been three years and Zenedar EU same as usual. There's not a single active raiding guild and the AH is quite empty on alliance side. :(

It was announced back in November that Zenedar would be connected with Bladefist, but I don't think a date or anything has been given...

Ugh. 6 bosses down and only one runestone so far this week, with that being a guaranteed one from Sha of Pride (6 bosses, because I got put into a LFR 2 on Shaman). 4 runestones to go with 8 bosses remaining, albeit one is guaranteed from Lei Shen. Looking iffy on whether I'll finish my cloak this week. Should definitely be next week though if I fall short this lockout.

strafer

oh man...

boost002.jpg

mclem

One of those rare-but-wonderful things happened yesterday: A situation that *should* lead to a wipe instead - with a bit of panicky replanning and everyone pulling together awesomely - turning into a kill.

In this case, it was Klaxxi 10-man. We'd had an early death and used our combat res, but then, a bit later, when we were on Korven the Prime... my cotank died.

I was in the position of having to single-tank the rest of the fight - but that included Xaril and Kil'ruk, the first of whom delivers a stacking debuff which makes the second one deal increased damage to that tank.

Tanking Kil'ruk while taking 230% damage from him is... stressful. But, fair play, the group coped with moving Heroism until Kil'ruk (we usually use it to take out Kaz'tik quickly) very nicely indeed, and while my heart rate was unusually high at the end, it was rather a smooth kill, all-told.

As the great man said: I love it when a plan comes together.

Jag

If I get invited to a Flex 4 and kill the first two bosses and then leave and start my own raid, will those bosses still be dead for my new raid until the reset?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Funny how much MoP gear is OP, even green lvling gear.

I tried last monday to do the first boss of SSC with my lvl 85 enh shaman and my gf lvl 85 hunter with Cataclysm green/blue gear and for some reason he managed to kill us.

We tried again yesterday with the same 2 guys at lvl 88 and some 399-414 gear, and we did all of Mount Hyjal, SSC and Tempest Keep without too much issues or any wipes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If I get invited to a Flex 4 and kill the first two bosses and then leave and start my own raid, will those bosses still be dead for my new raid until the reset?

Yes. Alternatively, you could join someone else's fresh flex 4 and those 2 bosses will be up, but you won't be able to get loot from them (aside from bonus rolls)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I did green fire quest for the second time last night. Pretty crazy how experience and a bit higher ilvl make such a difference. Took me like a weekend to get down the first time, last night it took me like 4 quick attempts to get the hang of it again and then he was dead right as the 2nd wave of felhunters were coming out.

Wubby

I swear you must have to sink something like 30+ hours of Archaeology for that bug mount. And I can't even get lucky with Canopic Jars either :(

I don't even want to speculate on the Seeker of Knowledge title.

No way. It was way more than 30 hours before I got the bug mount! And actually I was spending so much time doing Arch in that zone that I ended up getting a lucky Canopic jar and my camel hoarder title well before I finally got the bug! Sadly I never got the hand pet but was so worn out I kinda gave up Arch after getting the bug. I spent about 3 months doing nothing but Arch to get the mount. This was all before launch of MoP. I'm sure some lucky sobs will get it earlier.

No one on GAF really plays with each other. We're almost all on different servers. I mainly play as horde on Ner'zhul.

My new server buddy! I'm Horde but from Tortheldrin (one of the 16 ppl left!). Actually I'm not sure if the Tortheldrin Ner'zhul merge has finished yet or not (haven't logged in in a while).

StMeph

Was the Baron mount drop rate really buffed in Cata? If so, the 1% figure being given still seems too high? Not from my own findings -- still hunting, not that many attempts -- but the other figures being given?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ever since they merged servers, that quest in early Icecrown where you have to free Webbed Crusaders has become near impossible. Too many people, not enough Webbed Crusaders, and they take forever to respawn, so you have like 10+ people fighting each other for them, flying and running all over the place waiting for that 1 Webbed Crusader that spawns every few mins. Sucks for those who want to do the quests that follows.

scoobs

Was the Baron mount drop rate really buffed in Cata? If so, the 1% figure being given still seems too high? Not from my own findings -- still hunting, not that many attempts -- but the other figures being given?

still around 1% as far as I know.

Jag

Yes. Alternatively, you could join someone else's fresh flex 4 and those 2 bosses will be up, but you won't be able to get loot from them (aside from bonus rolls)

Thanks. I just was curious in case I join a fresh Flex 4 that breaks on Garrosh (which has happened) whether I could start a new one later on just for him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heavenly Onyx rarer than the one from MSV? I doubt that.

Sidenote: I really despise using Oqueue. It's nice to instantly have groups, but it's always just such a mess. Openraid is such a better tool that leads to better groups.

Shahadan

I think "the Patient" is the most used because it appears by default when you reroll and I guess many never noticed or bothered changing it before never connecting on this alt ever again.

Anoregon

Well it happened. 553 gloves on my first celestial run on my alt.

I got 553 gloves on my first kill on my main, and no tier items on any char since. Just shitty pvp stuff.

So if you're boosting a level 60+ character to level 90 you get its two primary professions and first aid boosted to 600.

That's pretty good. I was thinking it'd be like a ~300 point boost.

So yeah, wow. Only 2 runestones this week (the guaranteed drops) after getting 6 last week. Supremely unlucky. Little upset about that. At least I should get my cloak next week then unless the RNG gods shit all over me again like they did this week. I don't think 1 runestone (non-guaranteed) out of 12 bosses is too much to ask.

CassSept

I like the planned WoD release date.

I'm surprised at rarest mount and prevalence of associate professors. Then again I guess there are a lot of them around.

Another week and still nothing good from Celestials. Just more gold.
So yeah, wow. Only 2 runestones this week (the guaranteed drops) after getting 6 last week. Supremely unlucky. Little upset about that. At least I should get my cloak next week then unless the RNG gods shit all over me again like they did this week. I don't think 1 runestone (non-guaranteed) out of 12 bosses is too much to ask.
I thought Lei Shen was the only guaranteed drop. Who's the other? Sha of Pride?

I need 7 more after getting 5 last week in my first run through for runestones.

Even from 0 skill? Or does it have to be at 300+?

The character has to be at least level 60, but yeah, it can be 0 skill. Or I guess 1 is the minimum. With how fast leveling is 1-60 I could totally imagine leveling a couple characters to 60 and then boosting them because leveling up Engineering (my favorite profession) is absurdly expensive since I don't do gathering professions.

Another week and still nothing good from Celestials. Just more gold.

I thought Lei Shen was the only guaranteed drop. Who's the other? Sha of Pride?

I need 7 more after getting 5 last week in my first run through for runestones.

Yeah Sha of Pride.

And if the profession boost thing works from 1, or even 300 skill, I might level a character to 60 just to abuse that. 1-60 hardly takes any time and for certain professions it would definitely be worth it.

The character has to be at least level 60, but yeah, it can be 0 skill. Or I guess 1 is the minimum. With how fast leveling is 1-60 I could totally imagine leveling a couple characters to 60 and then boosting them because leveling up Engineering (my favorite profession) is absurdly expensive since I don't do gathering professions.
Yeah I think I'll end up doing this. It's a pretty smart thing to do on Blizzard's end. When I first saw the string show up on MMO-Champion I thought it was some sort of veteran reward based on account start date.

StMeph

Yeah Sha of Pride.

And if the profession boost thing works from 1, or even 300 skill, I might level a character to 60 just to abuse that. 1-60 hardly takes any time and for certain professions it would definitely be worth it.

If true, it definitely seems worthwhile to get to 60 before the free boost for 1-600 in two tradeskills than the 1-60 in levels. Not even a close comparison in time, effort, or expense.

Jag

If true, it definitely seems worthwhile to get to 60 before the free boost for 1-600 in two tradeskills than the 1-60 in levels. Not even a close comparison in time, effort, or expense.

Ehh, I don't know. Having leveled so many toons, I have to think professions are faster. To be fair, I didn't level professions in some of them. I have at least 1 max of every profession right now and I'm fine with it.

Finally got my legendary cloak, oh my god is this insane for warrior.

The proc effect crits and works on colossus smash, my dps has gone up so much. I really like the idea of legendaries on one hand, but on the other it really segregates the community behind something that is time gated. If you don't have that cloak, it severely hampers your guild's ability to progress.

Also ordos dropped two items for my shaman, and I got the other 553 normal piece for my warrrior off celestials. Really need to jump into normal raiding now, I'm at about 550 ilvl.

Slayerx

Ugh that warcraft thread is this what gaming side calls salty?

Anyway, time to get back into WoW after Might and Magic X. Still a few more classes left to level to 90. I am just going to remove this temptation from my life, if I get everything to 90 I will not spend money boosting it :D

ampere

Early?!

Blizz really needs an extra team to bring in some content so people don't get bored waiting for the next expansion. I understand it was harder back in the day but the 5th (!) expansion is coming now and they still haven't found a solution for the yearly gap without any new content.

Yeah calling it "early" is unfortunate. I am so burned out on MoP right now, even though I think it was a really well done expac. I just can't do the year between final raid and next expac again. Going to have to un-sub soon, then maybe when WoD comes out I will be excited again.

Hmm... if you get professions boosted too it means there's no advantage to actually leveling a character anymore, other than it being free. Hopefully they revamp leveling the tedious professions for people who don't want to pay for the boost. I'm looking at you guys, jewelcrafting, leatherworking and engineering!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait til you can go from heroics to flex because holy shit, I can't deal with the poison that is LFR anymore.

Galakras fight. Everything's going great. Galakras comes down, everyone's alive.
Mob is fracturing Aethas. I AM THE ONLY PERSON TRYING TO STOP IT. Dies. Fight ends, 'wtf', and I call it out 'Nobody was fucking helping Aethas. If he dies, the raid wipes.'

The fucking tunnel vision sometimes, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom