• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Well, my guild called it for the expac tonight. It's for the best, but a little sad at the same time.

Now US - Eredar Alliance is really dead. Not confident that it'll get merged with decently Alliance populated servers either. I think you almost have to go to a PvE server if you want a decent Alliance population.

Salamando

So yeah, wow. Only 2 runestones this week (the guaranteed drops) after getting 6 last week. Supremely unlucky. Little upset about that. At least I should get my cloak next week then unless the RNG gods shit all over me again like they did this week. I don't think 1 runestone (non-guaranteed) out of 12 bosses is too much to ask.

That's nothing compared to my luck. First week, got 2 out of all four wings. This week, i'm already 1/6. That 1 being the guaranteed Lei Shen drop. I'm not too optimistic about my runestone drops so far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So is Fury supposed to across the board better dps than arms? I see noxxic lists them fairly close, but I don't know, it feels like all I see is Fury Warrior DPS, and Arms still has that 'pvp only' stigma from back in the day. I really like Arms, but if I need to change to see an increase in DPS on my alt, I will.

Rokam

So is Fury supposed to across the board better dps than arms? I see noxxic lists them fairly close, but I don't know, it feels like all I see is Fury Warrior DPS, and Arms still has that 'pvp only' stigma from back in the day. I really like Arms, but if I need to change to see an increase in DPS on my alt, I will.

Never use Noxxic. Ever. Remove the website from any bookmark and block it.

And according to raidbots Fury is leaps and bounds ahead of arms, but honestly just play what you like. Unless you're pushing heroic content it doesn't matter if you play a suboptimal spec. Do what you enjoy it's your $15.

Ultratech

Finally got Blood and Frost Infusion done for Shadowmourne.

Ended up paying a fellow Warlock to help me with Blood Infusion (which went very well surprisingly enough).

Then I had to get a guildie to help me past Dreamwalker, since soloing that fight as a DK is wonky as hell.

After that, I facetanked Sindragosa and got Frost Infusion done.

So I now I can look forward to weekly Heroic ICC runs to get those shards now. :|
Or just put it off until later or something. I dunno.

Hit level 40 last night on my first ever WoW character that I started 2 weeks ago. Having a pretty good time just sitting back after work and questing/running through dungeons.

Friend asked for my login today(I trust him) so I provided the details and he said "OK you are all geared up". I asked what he meant, he bought me some gear that nets me 25% XP Bonus. Amazing surprise!

EDIT: And far better stats then I had before.

PatDH

Hit level 40 last night on my first ever WoW character that I started 2 weeks ago. Having a pretty good time just sitting back after work and questing/running through dungeons.

Friend asked for my login today(I trust him) so I provided the details and he said "OK you are all geared up". I asked what he meant, he bought me some gear that nets me 25% XP Bonus. Amazing surprise!

EDIT: And far better stats then I had before.

Haha nice. Im pretty much in the same boat as you as I just hit level 45 tonight on my first character. Been playing for around a week now & im fairly hooked lol.
Jealous of your mate gearing you up though!

CassSept

Ugh that warcraft thread is this what gaming side calls salty?

Anyway, time to get back into WoW after Might and Magic X. Still a few more classes left to level to 90. I am just going to remove this temptation from my life, if I get everything to 90 I will not spend money boosting it :D

WoW thread over on the main Gaming side always look like that. You get used to it. People will never accept WoW is a legitimately great game, with a ton of content, most of it very polished. For whatever reasons.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
t1391720400z4.png

Little more than a week until Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call. I hope they'll announce something interesting about Warlords of Draenor, but most likely will they (Mike Morhaime) talk about the in-game shop and upcoming services ($$ for lvl 90). If beta ain't announced before the call, I'm contemplating calling in.

CassSept

I'm curious who the final boss will be or if Blizz will announce it right when the press embargo lifts like Mists.

Grommash, Father of Garrosh
<Warchief of the Iron Horde>
?

Either this or some random demon something because of reasons. I don't even care any more, this expansion looks horrendous from lore PoV, can't see how they can salvage it.

Haha nice. Im pretty much in the same boat as you as I just hit level 45 tonight on my first character. Been playing for around a week now & im fairly hooked lol.
Jealous of your mate gearing you up though!

Cool, what Realm?

I was away all last week so playing catch up now. Would probably be near 60 by now but I guess work is slightly more important, lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I had a nice cathartic guild ragequit last night. Me and my group of 3 friends have been carrying this guild's raiding core for the past month or so, but the GM is just this completely chilidish, inept attention-whore of a woman who made everything harder than it needed to be. Last night the dam finally broke and I told her in no uncertain terms that she is absolutely fucking awful and not worth my time.

Feels good man.

mclem

I'm curious who the final boss will be or if Blizz will announce it right when the press embargo lifts like Mists.

I'd put money on it being us attempting to prevent Gul'dan from summoning the Burning Legion... and killing him, but failing. Cue next XPAC.

Reading Anoregon's post reminds me of my current frustration with raiding. I love the guild, I love the players, but I *wish* we had more people so we had the option to swap people out who were underperforming. We'd have downed Garrosh by now, I think, if we didn't have to make runs going with whoever was available rather than picking the best team.

I *hope* the change to Flex gives us more leeway in WoD.

StMeph

I'd put money on it being us attempting to prevent Gul'dan from summoning the Burning Legion... and killing him, but failing. Cue next XPAC.

That would be kind of fun and interesting, no way that's what happens.

Also, what IS the lore implication of time-traveling to early Draenor? Is this a parallel dimension, or are we going to get wonky time paradoxes/lorelols from going into the past?

mclem

That would be kind of fun and interesting, no way that's what happens.

Also, what IS the lore implication of time-traveling to early Draenor? Is this a parallel dimension, or are we going to get wonky time paradoxes/lorelols from going into the past?

From the various panels, as I understand it, it's not really being framed as time travel. Probably safest to couch it in "multiple dimensions" terms, although that's kind of loose too. The core of the premise is that Draenor *then* has become connected to Azeroth *now* through the Dark Portal. Ultimately, it's handling it as a *place*, not as a *time*. Outland still exists, through some metric or another, but here and now, the Dark Portal is pointing to Draenor, and it's not the Draenor that ultimately led to Outland.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Reading Anoregon's post reminds me of my current frustration with raiding. I love the guild, I love the players, but I *wish* we had more people so we had the option to swap people out who were underperforming. We'd have downed Garrosh by now, I think, if we didn't have to make runs going with whoever was available rather than picking the best team.

I *hope* the change to Flex gives us more leeway in WoD.

Yeah, it's always tricky. The guild had some decent folks, don't get me wrong, but other than the shit GM there was also a lot of deadweight. I'm not trying to be elitist when I said the 4 of us were carrying them, but it was the case... My one friend was the de-facto raid leader and MT, my other friend was far out-healing and out-dispelling the rest of the healers by like the 2nd week of him being 90, and the other two of us are always top damage by a significant margin.

Being the top dogs can absolutely be fun, but if you feel like you are being held back by people who aren't willing to put in the effort to get better, and on top of that, have shit attitudes about it, it's hard to keep the status quo going for long. Hopefully we will be able to pick some folks up and get a 10 man going in the next week or two. We already have our new guild ready to go, which means spam inviting people to get leveled quick, heh

StMeph

From the various panels, as I understand it, it's not really being framed as time travel. Probably safest to couch it in "multiple dimensions" terms, although that's kind of loose too. The core of the premise is that Draenor *then* has become connected to Azeroth *now* through the Dark Portal. Ultimately, it's handling it as a *place*, not as a *time*. Outland still exists, through some metric or another, but here and now, the Dark Portal is pointing to Draenor, and it's not the Draenor that ultimately led to Outland.

Someone was paid to do this. Chris Metzen, you're so silly.

Anoregon

Someone was paid to do this. Chris Metzen, you're so silly.

Meh, doesn't really bother me. It's certainly not the most elegant way to handle the story, but the end result of us kicking it on old-school Draenor means that I give it a pass.

Berordn

It's more of an "alternate history" than anything. The way Kairoz talks on the Timeless Isle about creating whole new worlds within the bubbles of time makes sense in this context, but if you haven't been paying attention to him it just sounds dumb.

final boss will be murozond who was actually just kairoz all along

You need to have a sub to be able to play on the PTR right?

Kinda want to play around with free level 90 boosts. Alot of classes I never played at lvl 90, just trying them out on target dummies would be fun.

mclem

Yeah, it's always tricky. The guild had some decent folks, don't get me wrong, but other than the shit GM there was also a lot of deadweight. I'm not trying to be elitist when I said the 4 of us were carrying them, but it was the case... My one friend was the de-facto raid leader and MT, my other friend was far out-healing and out-dispelling the rest of the healers by like the 2nd week of him being 90, and the other two of us are always top damage by a significant margin.

Being the top dogs can absolutely be fun, but if you feel like you are being held back by people who aren't willing to put in the effort to get better, and on top of that, have shit attitudes about it, it's hard to keep the status quo going for long. Hopefully we will be able to pick some folks up and get a 10 man going in the next week or two. We already have our new guild ready to go, which means spam inviting people to get leveled quick, heh

Waaay back in the end of Vanilla/start of TBC, this was me and a group of my friends from our then guild, separating as a bloc from the old guild and striking out on our own. That's been my guild since that point - with various managerial changes at the time but with the GM currently being myself.

Actually, with the callback to what happened back then, I do worry that there's a possibility that the same might happen to our guild if we continue to struggle to make a breakthrough, but I think there's two things that alleviate that somewhat. Firstly, we tend to skew older, and (possibly arrogantly!) I think there's quite a lot of guild loyalty among the members who've been involved for a while. Secondly, the reality is that we *do* have a superb heroic-capable ten-man squad in our guild... the problem is that we don't have much *more* than that, and due to peoples' varying schedules, getting all of them in the same group at the same time is extremely tricky!

So... yeah. I think most guildies are aware that we *can* do this, but circumstances are conspiring against us a little. My main approach at the moment has been to keep good relations with others - even those who've left - because one thing we *do* have is longevity, often outlasting superior guilds, and when - on occasion - those guilds fall through, they will quite frequently consider rejoining us.

PatDH

Cool, what Realm?

I was away all last week so playing catch up now. Would probably be near 60 by now but I guess work is slightly more important, lol.

Saurfang, its an Oceania server.
Yeah haha, work, gym & the mrs don't leave much time for anything else really.

We have a married couple in our 10 man raid group and they're really annoying in vent, 4 of us in the group just sit in Skype and ignore vent until we get to our current roadblock (thok). Should down him this week though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd bet money it's account-wide. I imagine people have TCG stuff on characters they never play anymore, and that aims to let them have it again.

Robin64

Rygarius cleared up a few things about the Toy Box here also confirming that is indeed account wide except for maybe a few character specific items, like how mounts work.

Another week of LFRs and I came out with 5 more Runestones. I'm just so glad I'll be able to finish this shit next week.

Or maybe I should get into a Flex and try to squeeze out the last two.....

Was put on standby for raid tonight, but on the plus side it gave me some time for archaeology. Got Crawling Claw in queue for Tol'vir, which I guess is fine because it's one step closer to the bug mount.

Edit: LOL if I sold that Crawling Claw the going price is 28k on the AH. I guess people really hate Archaeology. But that's the third out of 6 possible rare finds, so I've got an all things being equal 33% chance of getting the bug on the next rare Tol'vir find.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shit. I need to do Sunwell to get some boots for transmog. How many people do I need/what tricks do I need to do as an Arms Warrior?

edit: double post.

Rokam

Shit. I need to do Sunwell to get some boots for transmog. How many people do I need/what tricks do I need to do as an Arms Warrior?

edit: double post.

Solo! My mage was timeless isle geared and didn't have any trouble.

Got an elixir for my shaman, went from 75-84 in an hour. If only it had lasted like 10 more minutes would have got 85. I'm at 1 day 12 hours played, feels good.

Khezu

Finally decided to bother to level enchanting for the hell of it, I have been sitting on 300 skill since 3 expansions ago.

Just got to hypnotic dust.... ya fuck that.

Anoregon

Finally decided to bother to level enchanting for the hell of it, I have been sitting on 300 skill since 3 expansions ago.

Just got to hypnotic dust.... ya fuck that.

Yeah, going back to level enchanting is always a bitch since it requires greens from obsolete content. There's no way around it other than buying them off the AH.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, going back to level enchanting is always a bitch since it requires greens from obsolete content. There's no way around it other than buying them off the AH.

Best way to start enchanting is with a new alt. DE all the green quest rewards and drops you find.

Sure, you could do these low lvl quests with a high lvl character, but that guy probably already did a good amount of those quests already.

StMeph

Well, the people still have to level those professions 300+ levels soo not that much. Gathering professions will probably make more money

Unless there's new information that reverses this, it seems like any 60+ are getting their trades leveled to 600 as well. So it depends on the window between the free 90 for preorder/paid service and when WoD actually drops. The longer the time between those two, the longer new 90s can take advantage of their new 600 tradeskills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom