• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm currently running two ToT LFR trinkets on my arms warrior. Is the 50k coins trinket worth it? It seems kind of .. garbage

Maybe lower the price of low level mats. They're absolutely silly priced anyway so no big loss.

Probably to an extent. Or possibly raise the price since demand will be lower, but likely so will supply.

Shame since old profession mats have always been a solid money-maker. Especially when you have situations like now where you're better off vendoring MoP greens than DEing them. I still have a ridiculous stockpile of dust that's not worth putting straight on the AH, but finding profitable enchants to put it towards is slow going as well.

But yeah, hopefully WoD tunes up professions a bit. Didn't really like how they were handled in Mists with the Spirits of Harmony. I hope it's all not sunk into the Garrison, even if that does promise to be pretty cool.

Wubby

Started playing again today. Decided the first thing I'd do was hunt down an Unborn Val'kyr. Heard they are the hardest pet to get. After a few hours though I nabbed a common H/H version in dragonblight. Gonna need an undead stone now.

Tacitus_

I've got it on my warrior because SoO doesn't like me. I've gotten the Galakras one but Paragons and Thok trinkets both elude me even though I coin both every week.

So with professions just leveling up with you... what's that going to do to the economy?

Probably makes endgame materials more valuable and lower level materials less valuable. May not even really have much effect at all because you need to have a level 60+ character to get the profession boost and I imagine that those that upgrade characters like that (including myself, admittedly!) would be in the minority.

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly, some professions were kinda out of control as far as mats go. Tailoring for one is insane once you get to Northrend.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So with professions just leveling up with you... what's that going to do to the economy?

Probably fix it and make low level stuff being 6GPU a thing of the past.

So when they introduced cross realm during the final patch of Cataclysm, they made sure that there was dynamic spawning for all the ore/herbs in Cataclysm zones, including 1-60.

That means that 1-300 and 425-525 are totally fine and there's enough to go around for everyone in the zone.

But; Fel Iron, Adamantite, Cobalt, and Saronite are still woefully stupid low spawn rates compared to the amount of people in the zones now.

I don't get how this isn't fixed yet, but I guess they just sort of band-aided the problem by letting you skip it all for money now. Either it's a subtle way to get more money or they just dont give a fuck.

Honestly, some professions were kinda out of control as far as mats go. Tailoring for one is insane once you get to Northrend.

^

What the fuck, 1200 frostweave cloth required? Why is it still like that?

Yeah, especially when leveling is so much faster these days. If I'm leveling a new alt, I often won't even pick up a profession and if I do, it falls behind me so fast that I may as well level it up separately at max level.

Aylinato

Yeah, especially when leveling is so much faster these days. If I'm leveling a new alt, I often won't even pick up a profession and if I do, it falls behind me so fast that I may as well level it up separately at max level.

What I've been doing is leveling the skills while queing for dungeons. Course I'm 10 levels higher then the zone I'm in but hey idc lol

Yeah after doing it the first time, 1200 Frostweave isn't TOO bad with a 90 Tailor, but I'm not going to deny it's still pretty grindy. Ignoring that that amount of cloth even raw, would go for at least several thousand gold on the AH.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just recently finished Northrend tailoring and i didn't think it was that bad. Just farm that bats/worms area of Naxx 10 and reset it a couple of times.

Well, the people still have to level those professions 300+ levels soo not that much. Gathering professions will probably make more money

Sorry, I'm browsing on my phone so maybe I missed something. So if you're level 60+ you'll get a boost to 600 on your professions? If you start from level one, what happens?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sorry, I'm browsing on my phone so maybe I missed something. So if you're level 60+ you'll get a boost to 600 on your professions? If you start from level one, what happens?

I seriously doubt that a lvl 61 can get 600 in enchanting through that boost. It will probably be a free +100 or +200 skills to what your character currently have or something...

Tacitus_

Ugh, SoO items are so ugly.
CFWHaN5.jpg

Need to get a proper wand from somewhere now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never noticed how dated the old models were until I race changed my Pandaren warrior to Orc and toggled the helm. Holy crap that lifeless stare.

Ugh, SoO items are so ugly.
CFWHaN5.jpg

Need to get a proper wand from somewhere now.

Lots of cool SoO weapons for hunter and melee. Like the Kor'kron battle cannon and the Grom axe and the Nazgrim mace.

edit: F it. I'm using my Seals on LFR on my warrior so I don't have to be in there for eternity. Saving one for LFR Garrosh at the very least

Tacitus_

I never noticed how dated the old models were until I race changed my Pandaren warrior to Orc and toggled the helm. Holy crap that lifeless stare.

Lots of cool SoO weapons for hunter and melee. Like the Kor'kron battle cannon and the Grom axe and the Nazgrim mace.

edit: F it. I'm using my Seals on LFR on my warrior so I don't have to be in there for eternity. Saving one for LFR Garrosh at the very least

They fuck up the colors for heroic tho :|

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Normal/flex Garrosh axe is the first weapon I can recall where the best color ISNT raid finder though. Just transmog it.

Bizazedo

Running through MC on my warrior for the Rag axe. You know what I appreciate? That you still have to run through BRD to get to MC. I'm surprised htere's not just a portal in Org or something at this point. Kinda wish they brought back 'raids in dungeons'

....there's a portal you can jump through outside of BRD....

Well, window really.

As an aside, remember when there was a raid portal entrance in Stratholme and Upper BRS? :).

Tacitus_

....there's a portal you can jump through outside of BRD....

Well, window really.

As an aside, remember when there was a raid portal entrance in Stratholme and Upper BRS? :).

Heh, I couldn't believe it when I first heard of the window trick. Back then when MC was relevant, falling in the lava could actually kill you so I was very suspicious.

Back in my day we swam through 100 yards of lava. And we liked it.(no we didn't)

Skipping Raggy trash?

StMeph

From current speculation and information, nothing. No tradeskill boost for under 60.

I seriously doubt that a lvl 61 can get 600 in enchanting through that boost. It will probably be a free +100 or +200 skills to what your character currently have or something...

It's all speculation right now anyway.

I like Xal'atoh for the random voice that speaks to you, but I think the weapon itself is kind of ugly.

Aylinato

Heh, I couldn't believe it when I first heard of the window trick. Back then when MC was relevant, falling in the lava could actually kill you so I was very suspicious.

Skipping Raggy trash?

Skipping all trash because you could jump down and swim to the end to MC

It's not as easy or fun as that but it was possible

StMeph

Speaking of Flexes, last raid I ran cleared Blackfuse and Paragons and then wiped a few times late into the night on Garrosh at 3% before everyone called it quits.

If I try to create a raid now, where do I start? On Garrosh? After Paragons, but with trash to Garrosh? From the beginning of the wing?

Tacitus_

Speaking of Flexes, last raid I ran cleared Blackfuse and Paragons and then wiped a few times late into the night on Garrosh at 3% before everyone called it quits.

If I try to create a raid now, where do I start? On Garrosh? After Paragons, but with trash to Garrosh? From the beginning of the wing?

After Paragons with Garrosh trash up IIRC.

Aylinato

Hey Carbon

first try on the warrior

I've never seen it drop.

However I got the ashes of al'lar after only three times running the tempest keep.

Almost have full judgement

Need the eye to drop have mats for hand of rag.

Idk if I'll do thunder fury but might as well so I can transmog healing weapons XD. (J/k I know we can't I just want to)

Fjordson

Hey Carbon

first try on the warrior
Damn, grats! I just ran that last night and still didn't get it =[ that and Ashes are holding out on me big time.

Trash after Paragons + Garrosh.

You could also still join someone else's raid at any spot and fully clear it, you just won't get loot from Siegecraftear or Paragons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You could also just look for a Garrosh kill. That's usually a pretty easy thing to find since most people wipe on him and rage quit.

Ultratech

Yeah, going back to level enchanting is always a bitch since it requires greens from obsolete content. There's no way around it other than buying them off the AH.

This is why I put Enchanting on my Tailoring alt.

Make gear, DE it, and success!

Hisek's Reserve Bow is hilarious if only for the constant shooting of sonic waves every time you attack.

Shahadan

I guess I'll never have a garrosh heirloom ;(

I'll probably quit in a few days and never had one so...oh well they're ugly anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
4 bunk LFR flex 4 groups in a row. Not a single boss kill. I just want to get it done with, but every group I'm in it's like there's too much melee dps to kill the weapons, there's a bunch of people not paying attention, or the tanks vanish.

Babalu.

yup servers took a dump.

We were on heroic sha of pride and doing pretty well.

looks like it might be the end of raids for tonight unless they get it up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom