• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was getting frustrated with my dps as fire so I tried respeccing to frost since a friend paid for my gems. Keep feeling like my dps is shit but I kept doing better in LFR than I normally do. Will be curious how good I do in our raid tomorrow.

Fjordson

My server is up, but it's strugglin'. Load in after login took like two minutes, getting into a heroic scenario took even longer.

Like what?

I think new character models are the biggest selling point for most people.
Yeah, and any major info with big MMO's like this always comes out well in advance of release. Between the pre-release beta and sites like MMO Champ we'll know quite a bit about WoD well before it comes out.

I came back maybe an hour ago and it was working alright, but it's acting up again now and I can't get past the loading screen again.

Blizz plz.

Seriously this is the worst I've seen server issues in a LONG while.

IsayFever

Personally I'm glad the servers are having problems hehe. I was being forced to endure arena matches for the sake of capping on a thursday (why?) so thank god it's having problems.

mclem

....there's a portal you can jump through outside of BRD....

Well, window really.

Or you could just talk to the attunement guy. If you want to be, like, boring about it.

As an aside, remember when there was a raid portal entrance in Stratholme and Upper BRS? :).

The Upper BRS one is just the physical entrance to Blackwing Lair; note that that's the direction Lord Victor Nefarius heads in after the arena fight. Strat was never accounted for, though; I wonder if it was meant to be Naxx's entrance at one point?

TheYanger

Or you could just talk to the attunement guy. If you want to be, like, boring about it.

The Upper BRS one is just the physical entrance to Blackwing Lair; note that that's the direction Lord Victor Nefarius heads in after the arena fight. Strat was never accounted for, though; I wonder if it was meant to be Naxx's entrance at one point?

Why do either, you can just fly down NEXT to the window and be zoned in. Also unless I'm misremembering, you HAD to jump in the window until sometime much more recently :)

The strat portal was always rumored to be Naxx afaik.

Robin64

Well if you clip your way through the part of Strat with the raid portal, you find an untextured necropolis. Definitely meant to be the physical Naxx entrance.

eqhsJv1.jpg

komplanen

Could someone on the cutting edge of WoW news help me out and answer me when will the new purchasable level 90 boost go live? I would like to use that option to return to WoW to slowly farm and grind gear and professions to be ready for the new expansion. I played WoW for so many years I am completely spent on any mental strength to put into leveling again.

Robin64

Could someone on the cutting edge of WoW news help me out and answer me when will the new purchasable level 90 boost go live? I would like to use that option to return to WoW to slowly farm and grind gear and professions to be ready for the new expansion. I played WoW for so many years I am completely spent on any mental strength to put into leveling again.

As soon as preorders for WoD go up, you can prepurchase digitally and get the 90 boost right then. Sadly we have no idea when that will be. For what it's worth, the 90 boost mechanics have only just begun testing on the PTR.

komplanen

As soon as preorders for WoD go up, you can prepurchase digitally and get the 90 boost right then. Sadly we have no idea when that will be. For what it's worth, the 90 boost mechanics have only just begun testing on the PTR.

Thanks. The level 90 boost will be the only imaginable way for me to ever return to World of Warcraft at this point :)

Aylinato

Well if you clip your way through the part of Strat with the raid portal, you find an untextured necropolis. Definitely meant to be the physical Naxx entrance.

eqhsJv1.jpg

The undead instances in vanilla were my favorite, I had spells that damaged only undead and I used them rigorously.

Wubby

I just realized I have 3k Honor left saved from before. All of my current gear is blue season 12 honor gear so I was thinking of buying some new stuff but...

But isn't there a new PVP season starting soon? Should I just hang onto the honor I have and wait till the next season starts so I can buy that stuff? Any guesses when the next season will start?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
When you level character that is 60 or over to 90 using the boost, they get both their primary professions and First Aid set to 600.

How much of a boost you get with your primary professions was never confirmed. It would a cheap way of getting the harder professions(tailoring, leatherworking, enchanting for example) to 600 imo. It's why i believe it will only be a partial boost.

Bizazedo

Why do either, you can just fly down NEXT to the window and be zoned in. Also unless I'm misremembering, you HAD to jump in the window until sometime much more recently :)

The strat portal was always rumored to be Naxx afaik.

Correct, you had to jump in until they added the option for the attunement guy to do it. Occasionally people would still die using the window :(.

And yep, as obviously shown above, Strat was going to be the entrance to Naxx. The raid portal in Upper BRS was / still is? to BWL (and is even shown in the trailer hyping up BWL). And as a FURTHER aside, I really miss being able to bring 40 people into those instances. Back when 100 gold was a lot, we'd have a running award to the person who could successfully wipe us of 100 gold when we were shuttling people through for attunements.

Only one guy ever managed it in our raid group. Son of a bitch took a potshot at a mob in Lower BRS while we were approaching Rend. The stampede of mobs was insane when it finally reached us.

Hell, I miss bringing 40 people to raid.

Shahadan

How much of a boost you get with your primary professions was never confirmed. It would a cheap way of getting the harder professions(tailoring, leatherworking, enchanting for example) to 600 imo. It's why i believe it will only be a partial boost.

Those professions are only hard because of the archaic and dated vanilla/BC craft system that was never fixed. Cataclysm and especially MoP craft is easy as shit.
It's not about reaching the number anymore, I doubt WoD would go the other way so it makes sense to allow some people to skip the stupid part.

It's far better when you reroll or learn late to allow the levels to be reached easily and allow complicated and expensive recipes after that. They finally understood that.

Bisnic

Those professions are only hard because of the archaic and dated vanilla/BC craft system that was never fixed. Cataclysm and especially MoP craft is easy as shit.
It's not about reaching the number anymore, I doubt WoD would go the other way so it makes sense to allow some people to skip the stupid part.

I'm only at the Cataclym part of tailoring on my alt, so i dunno about MoP, but i still need a shit ton of embersilk cloths to lvl up. But if its anything like leatherworking, i assume everything i make will give me +2 instead of +1.

Shahadan

I'm only at the Cataclym part of tailoring on my alt, so i dunno about MoP, but i still need a shit ton of embersilk cloths to lvl up. But if its anything like leatherworking, i assume everything i make will give me +2 instead of +1.

Yes you need a lot of emberlisk but it's mostly just that iirc, not obscure rare materials needed for every recipe except the later ones suited to cataclysm high level, which you don't need anymore.

StMeph

For their goal with the free 90 heading into WoD, nothing short of the full 600 really makes sense, though.

The level 90 upgrade is to lure people who've quit a long time ago at varying levels between 60-85 at whatever expansion they were on to come back and start WoD at an equal footing without having to retrace steps or redo content. It's similar to the hard ilevel resets gear gets with each expansion. It's to get everyone to start over.

The only issue is that, if preorders start early and they also begin sales of the service well in advance of the new expansion, it's going to completely upend up the current economy. But it won't matter once WoD drops.

Robin64

Well I'm only going by the current PTR.

And to be honest, I can't imagine they'd boost it to bring people to Draenor levels but still expect them to head back to Pandaria to top off the professions.

Embersilk part of tailoring isn't bad. Just grab some potions of treasure finding and go ham at one of the farming spots.

I like the one in Twilight Highlands, but it's much better phased which requires some amount of questing, not quite sure how much.

And Windwool isn't bad either, but part of me talking about that is having pretty much all the cloth I needed for that saved up since MoP launch.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Every time blizzard talks about making things harder I flash back to cata heroics at release. That's not a good way to do difficulty, if you ask me difficulty should not be in heroic dungeons anymore, that was okay back in BC because heroics weren't for everyone like they are now.

EekTheKat

So I basically finished my LFR dps and healer kits, and have jumped into some Flex runs last night.

So far I'm 1 for 2 - 1 raid failed after downing 2 out of 4 bosses in a wing (got stuck at Dark Shaman).

All things considering, it wasn't nearly as bad/hard as I thought it would be. I'll take it as a good sign that the random flex raiders I was with never called me out for missing simple mechanics. Flex raiders so far seem a bit more chill than the LFR extremist types I've been bumping into who would intentionally wipe a raid just to teach "kids a lesson."

So I'm really being tempted by this game daily, looking at the install button on battle.net as I exit Heartstone.

I installed the trial and wandered around for a couple of minutes as one of the newer races, but I wondered if there was some way to reach top levels fast or if I just have to trawl through it ?

Bisnic

So I'm really being tempted by this game daily, looking at the install button on battle.net as I exit Heartstone.

I installed the trial and wandered around for a couple of minutes as one of the newer races, but I wondered if there was some way to reach top levels fast or if I just have to trawl through it ?
Funny that you're asking that when people here talk alot about Blizzard implenting a "pay to lvl 90" option soon.

No we dont know when that option will be available yet. But its on the PTR right now, so its a matter of weeks i guess.

CassSept

So this interview on main page of mmo-champion...

Warlords of Draenor has a harder and darker story than Mists of Pandaria did.

Ugh. I liked the balance achieved in Pandaria and there were some pretty dark undertones sprinkled throughout the game and patches. But no, dudebrorc is better

Tacitus_

Every time blizzard talks about making things harder I flash back to cata heroics at release. That's not a good way to do difficulty, if you ask me difficulty should not be in heroic dungeons anymore, that was okay back in BC because heroics weren't for everyone like they are now.

Meh, they were just fine in difficulty. Obviously not for the short bus LFR people, but Blizz has been talking about doing proper heroics and having dumbed down versions for the masses.

StMeph

Pre-ordering the upcoming expansion will come with a free boost to level 90 for one character. They are also probably going to make it an additional paid service if you want more than one.

Right now, the fastest way is to get a Refer-a-Friend bonus, which yields 3x XP and granting levels for everything up to level 85. 85-90 will be the normal leveling rate. This requires you to be online and near the other half of the RAF account to trigger, though. There are some additional perks like being able to summon each other, also only up to 85.

So this interview on main page of mmo-champion...

Ugh. I liked the balance achieved in Pandaria and there were some pretty dark undertones sprinkled throughout the game and patches. But no, dudebrorc is better

As a whole, I liked MoP. I did feel like the Zandalari addition was kind of unneeded, and the Mantid-Old God connection didn't feel revelatory, just weak. The sha were enough for the Mogu to fight off, and those two would have introduced enough new races/creatures not to need more bugs. Everything else was fine.

But I suppose Old God + bugs is a recurring theme/connection of sorts, with C'Thun and AQ, Yogg-Saron and Vezax, and Y'shaarj and the Mantid.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I do kind of like how every old god we are aware of has it's own ancient bug race. I thought the Mantid were pretty cool, actually. I still want to play as a Nerubian and worship Yogg, though.

Khezu

I'm gonna be honest, Goblins were such a waste of a playable race.

They really could have done something more interesting then them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You kidding me? Goblins are one of the few expansion races that actually feel like they fit in and have been properly written.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You kidding me? Goblins are one of the few expansion races that actually feel like they fit in and have been properly written.

Yeah, I agree. Goblins have been a pretty significant part of Warcraft since Warcraft 2. It would feel weird if they weren't a horde race by now. They would have even made more sense as a 4th vanilla race over Forsaken, if you ask me.

Khezu

From that perspective yeah, they are a very important part of the horde.

But by the time we finally got them, they were just kinda boring.

They probably should have been playable from Vanilla.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goblins fit seemlessly in the Horde. Some of my favorite NPCs are Goblins like the Shaman who's trying to get rich off the Elements(though I guess he's technically neutral)

You want a boring race? Draenei and Worgen. Those are boring races.

Khezu

Space Goats and Werewolves suck too, but I don't play Alliance so I don't really notice them much.

Well... female Space Goats are ok in my book.

Worgen could have been cool, but I think Blizzard did a really shitty job at handling them.
The fact that they don't have a racial that lets them use their claws and teeth instead of weapons is just ridiculous.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Meh, they were just fine in difficulty. Obviously not for the short bus LFR people, but Blizz has been talking about doing proper heroics and having dumbed down versions for the masses.

I like the idea of heroics being a 15 minute rush through. Early Cata heroics until you had at least 346's in all slots were a massive pain in the ass. You had to stop every 10 seconds to CC something and bosses were filled with raid level mechanics. Was it interesting? Yes. Was it fun? If you had a good group and were using voice chat, absolutely. Until you realized you were going to be running these every day for valor cap, and if you randomed into a group you could be spending up to 45+ minutes on each heroic.

I honestly consider the revamped 85 heroic version of deadmines to be my favorite dungeon in the game...right after classic BRD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Female Draenei come off as creepy lifeless 'naive' sex dolls created just so people can jack off to them. Like the fact that your race's fault is that they're 'too good' makes them completely unrelateable. Kinda like the Avatar race

Khezu

Well they are both blue.

Out of all the currently implemented races in WoW, what ones would you guys even like to be playable?

I think there are a lot of good choices, but Ethereals are something I would love, if only to get to know more about them and see one of their city's.

Bisnic

Goblins fit seemlessly in the Horde. Some of my favorite NPCs are Goblins like the Shaman who's trying to get rich off the Elements(though I guess he's technically neutral)

You want a boring race? Draenei and Worgen. Those are boring races.

Blood elves and goblins made sense for Horde, so that probably helped.

Draeneis and worgens though? It's like Blizzard went "Oh shit, what can we give to the Alliance in future expansions? Blood Elves, Goblins, Ogres make sense for Horde, but what about Alliance??"

I'm expecting "uncorrupted" nagas for Alliance one day. They were once night elves after all. As "lorelol" as that might sound.

Tacitus_

I'm gonna be honest, Goblins were such a waste of a playable race.

They really could have done something more interesting then them.

Goblins are awesome :|

I like the idea of heroics being a 15 minute rush through. Early Cata heroics until you had at least 346's in all slots were a massive pain in the ass. You had to stop every 10 seconds to CC something and bosses were filled with raid level mechanics. Was it interesting? Yes. Was it fun? If you had a good group and were using voice chat, absolutely. Until you realized you were going to be running these every day for valor cap, and if you randomed into a group you could be spending up to 45+ minutes on each heroic.

I honestly consider the revamped 85 heroic version of deadmines to be my favorite dungeon in the game...right after classic BRD.

I'm fine with them being 15 min rushes when you're up to your gills with purples, not out of the gate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blood elves and goblins made sense for Horde, so that probably helped.

Draeneis and worgens though? It's like Blizzard went "Oh shit, what can we give to the Alliance in future expansions? Blood Elves, Goblins, Ogres make sense for Horde, but what about Alliance??"

I'm expecting "uncorrupted" nagas for Alliance one day. They were once night elves after all. As "lorelol" as that might sound.
Furbolgs would have been a perfect alliance race. Much moreso than Pandaren or Worgen. They're an actual race instead of just a 'city of people', they have a history of certain Furbolg allies to the Night Elves and Draenei. PErfect druid and shaman race to add to the Alliance.

Well they are both blue.

Out of all the currently implemented races in WoW, what ones would you guys even like to be playable?

I think there are a lot of good choices, but Ethereals are something I would love, if only to get to know more about them and see one of their city's.

Depends on if we're saying lollore or not.

I've wanted an Ogre Warlock since WC2(ie Cho'gall). Other than that, I think there's tons of more clever, interesting races than High Elves. or Naga. Arrakoa, Ethereals, Mantid, Saurok, Mogu, Tuskarr(stretch), Taunka(with new models),

Shahadan

The new Tiger/kitty race on Draenor looks interesting. They could use Draenor to create new future playable races I guess.
Azeroth is pretty much done for now as far as new races are concerned. Nagas maybe.

Bisnic

The new Tiger/kitty race on Draenor looks interesting. They could use Draenor to create new future playable races I guess.
Azeroth is pretty much done for now as far as new races are concerned. Nagas maybe.

Ogres have to be a future Horde race though. There is already some of them in Horde camps/cities, so...

But that would give yet another big race to the Horde. Alliance needs one too. And no, male Draeneis barely count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom