• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No sure, they don't NEED a giant race, but I always liked the taurens because of their size and the giant weapons that comes with that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh hell yeah, glad I DID get Garrosh down in LFR

Got an axe
used my seal
got pants. (though I have burdened pants, so idk I guess they're not an upgrade? they're not tier)

Kuntz

Always complained about my bad luck with mounts, after so many lucky screenshots on GAF, but I tried, one last time, after giving up like 8 times already.

Tried tempest keep, got 2 pets from void reaver and solarian!!

And
d78uyT4.jpg

I have a volcano in my mouth.

So yeah, keep trying people, you'll eventually get it (or buy it on black market)

Poor thing is suffering though... Tauren ftw

StMeph

Undead should have been a 3rd faction, even though they would probably be a distant minority faction. Not practical in game terms, but it would have made more sense in lore terms. All races available, except in Undead form. They were shoehorned into the Horde. Ogres make sense. But with expansions and forays into new lands, I don't find it that unreasonable to introduce new races into old factions.

Gilneas/Worgen were really ehh. And the lorelols that led up to adding Draenei were even worse, in my view.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gallywix was proof that Thrall was a worst warchief than Garrosh. Garrosh got us new allies. Thrall recruited the guy who just tried to kill him.

Tacitus_

Gallywix was proof that Thrall was a worst warchief than Garrosh. Garrosh got us new allies. Thrall recruited the guy who just tried to kill him.

Thrall made friends of his enemies, Garrosh made enemies of his friends.

That said, Garrosh was far more Warchief-y than Thrall. Thrall was more Peacechief.

Khezu

Now we have a gross Troll as the Warchief, Horde just can't catch a break.

Hopefully the Dark Lady can save use from this embarrassment.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Now we have a gross Troll as the Warchief, Horde just can't catch a break.

Hopefully the Dark Lady can save use from this embarrassment.
Maybe she starts digging up that incredibly unsettling thing under Tirisfal Glades to use as a weapon to take over the leadership from Vol'jin? If he doesn't give up the power freely that is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sylvannas ain't making it through WoD alive. Garrosh should have killed her instead of Bloodhoof. Hopefully Baine gets the Lor'themar treatment and gets some spotlight in WoD. Or Dezco takes over. I like that guy.

Khezu

Sylvannas ain't making it through WoD alive. Garrosh should have killed her instead of Bloodhoof. Hopefully Baine gets the Lor'themar treatment and gets some spotlight in WoD. Or Dezco takes over. I like that guy.

Dezco was cool, shame about his kids though.

Tacitus_

Speaking of lore, the Horde should go back to this:

G0GBmay.jpg

WQduDzL.jpg

P1QKKcY.jpg

oTFHysW.jpg

The only reason I would've backed Garrosh, he got what the Horde was all about.... well before all that stuff with the Sha.
Blood and honor!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thrall has always been just kind of boring, but I knew he needed to be there. He was there in WC3 to make it so people didn't just see Orcs as bloodthirsty monsters and Grom was there to make them still look vicious. Then in WoW Thrall had no Grom, so the Orcs just always looked real soft and 'peace loving'. You can have a warrior race without neutering them nor without making them raging all the time.

Garrosh helped that. I LOVE how Garrosh kicked out the non-orcs, I thought it was awesome. Shook up the faction and made it interesting. I really hate that they turned him into a mustache twirler. So what, a Troll who had no development for years could suddenly be the face of the Horde? And Thrall went from being meh to me to outright hating him due to him becoming green Jesus when the whole point of Thrall was that he was supposed to be charismatic and relateable instead of 'super powerful'. Grom was the sword and Thrall was the pen. Then they just had the pen. Then they had the sword and the pen. Then the pen became a lightsaber and the sword became a baby murdering, evil death 'badguy mcbadguy' sword.

Tacitus_

Bah, I was completely fine with the Horde when it was just evil. I think retconning the Orcs to have been (mostly) peaceful shamans one of the biggest goofs in WoW lore alongside introducing Night Elves and Space Goats.

I mean come on, what sort of peaceful people name themselves Doomhammer, Hellscream, Skullsplinter, Spinebreaker etc etc etc?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You and me can go drink Pit Lord blood in WoD and make our own proper Orc faction.

We'll call it The True True TRUE Horde.

Servers dumping again.

:/

Worst part about Openraid groups, when they use something other than vent.

Well I had to reinstall Ventrilo specifically for WoW. Mumble I already had cause that's what DotaGAF/GAF in general uses. And I have TeamSpeak installed because that's what most EVE players use. Don't have RaidCall or Skype though, but if I did I think that covers everything. Already too many VOIP programs :(

RPGCrazied

Man, if they don't announce the beta in February, I'm going to worry. Surely they won't pull another Cataclysm. I mean we are already past a year since MoP was released. Whatever happened to releasing expansions yearly? They said they were going towards that, yet haven't done so.

Finally got to make some progress tonight. 2 shot Thok, 3 shot Blackfuse, 2 shot Paragons, and got 4 attempts on Garrosh before calling it a night. Our raider leader is gonna extend the lockout but come on an alt to clear as much as we can in one day on Tuesday, and then spend all of Friday on Garrosh.

Dot50Cal

Banned
We pugged someone tonight in our SoO run who said they were 5/14 heroic on their main. They ended up having the worst raid awareness I've seen in a normal mode run, and only pulled 80k dps. We carried them on our backs til Garrosh where they caused numerous Desecrates to drop in bad spots and just kept dying because they weren't stacking.

The worst part about it is they got loot on nearly every single boss. Even took a ring from one of our mains that was warforged.

Aylinato

Garrosh has been the most boring leader for the horde, I knew back in WoTLK they were going to kill him off. Sylvannus is cool but not in the way of "o she gets things done" but more of she "back stabs anyone to survive herself"

Don't get me started on malfurion being a total wimp and them knocking off the arch Druid because NE can't have more than malfurion.

Also varian-and co suck.

Dwarf leaders are the best alliance ones.

Worgen could of been, but we need better writers.

Also blizzard. Sympathic characters doesn't mean you murder their children every freaking chance. Literally if a hero has a family they murder their wife/kids to make them sympathic.

Fjordson

People killing huolon on top of the bridge is getting very old very quickly.
:lol that's happened on my server over the past few days. The top PvE guild on our server brings a group of 20+ and they all use the censer thing. Then they pull Huolon way up on the bridge and just sit there. They don't kill him or anything they just wait for people to come and try to kill him.

:lol that's happened on my server over the past few days. The top PvE guild on our server brings a group of 20+ and they all use the censer thing. Then they pull Huolon way up on the bridge and just sit there. They don't kill him or anything they just wait for people to come and try to kill him.
This is easily countered by using the censer too. Unless they already thought of that and have a few guys without the censer to kill other censer users.

Fjordson

This is easily countered by using the censer too. Unless they already thought of that and have a few guys without the censer to kill other censer users.
Probably, 'cause all I see in general chat is bitching :lol

I tend to stay away up near Ordos in my own corner. I already got my Huolon mount, so I'm just there for Shaohao rep grinding.

This charge stun change is pretty disgusting.

I don't even play my warrior but if this goes through I'm done.

They've already removed so many fun unique things from so many classes, every expansion they get more boring.

Charge is the most iconic warrior ability, and charge stun is an iconic part of it that's been there since VANILLA (or was it the pre tbc patch, I don't remember, technically that's still vanilla heh).

It's not about PVE or PVP, it's about flavor and fun, and removing charge stun is a nerf to both of those.

If this goes through I'm going to be proper pissed, this shows that they're going to keep their MoP mentality of removing the fun/cool things from so many classes/specs that make them interesting and unique and take it even further.

Khezu

If this goes through I'm going to be proper pissed, this shows that they're going to keep their MoP mentality of removing the fun/cool things from so many classes/specs that make them interesting and unique and take it even further.

RIP Eyes of the Beast.

Tacitus_

Hnng, 6 Runestones and I'm only on my second reset for my third cape. My dice in WoW have been absolutely terrific this week. Even managed to snag every possible item I needed with bonus rolls in our main raids.

JCizzle

Hnng, 6 Runestones and I'm only on my second reset for my third cape. My dice in WoW have been absolutely terrific this week. Even managed to snag every possible item I needed with bonus rolls in our main raids.

Hate you! I haven't had much luck in weeks, even on transmog old raid runs.

Tacitus_

Hate you! I haven't had much luck in weeks, even on transmog old raid runs.

I was absolutely aghast with my bonus rolls. I coined an offhand from Juggernaut, the wand from Spoils (BiS) and the ring from Thok. I hadn't managed to coin anything usable for weeks on my main so it was long coming, but getting all three in a single raid was absolutely amazing.

This charge stun change is pretty disgusting.

I don't even play my warrior but if this goes through I'm done.

They've already removed so many fun unique things from so many classes, every expansion they get more boring.

Charge is the most iconic warrior ability, and charge stun is an iconic part of it that's been there since VANILLA (or was it the pre tbc patch, I don't remember, technically that's still vanilla heh).

It's not about PVE or PVP, it's about flavor and fun, and removing charge stun is a nerf to both of those.

You can still spec into charge stun (and it will be twice as long now), but removing it was still probably a poor attempt at balance. There's other things wrong with Warriors that need addressing more (ie Disrupting Shout)

Always complained about my bad luck with mounts, after so many lucky screenshots on GAF, but I tried, one last time, after giving up like 8 times already.

Tried tempest keep, got 2 pets from void reaver and solarian!!

And

I have a volcano in my mouth.

So yeah, keep trying people, you'll eventually get it (or buy it on black market)

Poor thing is suffering though... Tauren ftw

Congrats. I'm tempted to go back and farm that on my toon and on my wife's. She'd lose her shit if she got it.

You can still spec into charge stun (and it will be twice as long now), but removing it was still probably a poor attempt at balance. There's other things wrong with Warriors that need addressing more (ie Disrupting Shout)

I don't really care about the balancing, but yes warrior lockdown is a problem, but charge, which has been in the game forever isn't. Shockwave, disrupting shout, etc could all be looked at instead.

This is a net warrior PVP buff anyways.

They nerfed warbringer back in the day for a reason.

Because literally everyone who mattered took it + blitz for pvp, it was insanely stupid.

So now they buff warbringer back to where it was and they nerf juggernaut and double time? They didn't even need to touch regular charge, everyone would have gone back to warbringer anyways.

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

This also frees up more warriors to take shockwave + avatar instead of shockwave + stormbolt talent is called.

Welp w/e, have fun getting hit by 200k slams while your whole team is in a 3 second charge stun next season. The QQ on the forums will be ridiculous.

And then you'll only get 2 like I did this past week next lockout :p

But for real, if I only get 2 this next week and am stuck at 11/12 there will be hell to pay. Would be so unlucky.

Jag

Third cape? Masochist!

I don't really care about the balancing, but yes warrior lockdown is a problem, but charge, which has been in the game forever isn't. Shockwave, disrupting shout, etc could all be looked at instead.

This is a net warrior PVP buff anyways.

They nerfed warbringer back in the day for a reason.

Because literally everyone who mattered took it + blitz for pvp, it was insanely stupid.

So now they buff warbringer back to where it was and they nerf juggernaut and double time? They didn't even need to touch regular charge, everyone would have gone back to warbringer anyways.

Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

This also frees up more warriors to take shockwave + avatar instead of shockwave + stormbolt talent is called.

Welp w/e, have fun getting hit by 200k slams while your whole team is in a 3 second charge stun next season. The QQ on the forums will be ridiculous.

It's not really a net Warrior PvP buff. Maybe for low level play. Warbringer stun will almost certainly share a DR with Shockwave (so a 5sec AoE stun from Charge->Shockwave if a team is stacked on top of each other, but I would expect teams to adapt quickly to this and not do that unless necessary).

I'm not even sure who you're talking to, anyway. I said that changing Charge is the wrong way to go about fixing Warriors. Disrupting Shout should be either removed from the game or share a CD with Pummel (also should not be able to use while Bladestorming).

Charge acting as another interrupt absolutely was a problem when you consider the other tools a Warrior has. But Blizzard probably should have reworked those other tools instead of Charge. I somehow doubt it goes live, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom