• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I know is that I was one of the only people stunning Fractures to save the NPCs in Galakras on LFR. Now I won't be able to do that unless I spec a required talent that's going to have my CD high up that I'll likely only get to do it once before the mob is dead or the NPC is dead. Because I sure as fuck am not giving up Bladestorm for Stormbolt.

All I know is that I was one of the only people stunning Fractures to save the NPCs in Galakras on LFR. Now I won't be able to do that.

Sure you can. Just spec into Warbringer for that fight specifically, unless you need a Charge more often than 20 seconds (I don't PvE, so I don't actually know).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
t1391720400z4.png

With the EverQuest Next Landmark alpha started just recently (was it yesterday), I wonder if we are actually gonna see something on WoD beta next week. Activision Blizzard's Fourth Quarter Calendar 2013 Results Conference Call is on Thursday, hence the countdown. The Warlords of Draenor - Scouting Report was posted on the 16th of January, that's little more than two weeks ago. The few tidbits of greater interest were:

While the Iron Horde gears up for war on Draenor, back here on earth we’re making preparations for the expansion’s upcoming closed beta test. If you’d like to be considered, now’s a great time to make sure you’re opted in to Warcraft betas and that the hardware specs in your Beta Profile are up to date. (Full instructions can be found here.)

Warlords of Draenor will be available for pre-purchase digitally Soon™, and we’re once again planning to have standard digital and Digital Deluxe versions (along with a physical Collector’s Edition—more on that at a later date). This time, if you pre-purchase the Digital Deluxe edition you’ll get your exclusive World of Warcraft pet and mount right away, allowing you to bring a little bit of Draenor past into Azeroth present.

The second tidbit will probably be what gets more attention in the conference call, but I don't think it's out of this world to to consider Mike Morhaime talking about beta a good chance of happening. In the best scenario, they announce beta on Monday and start if just before the call. Something is bound to come from the conference call anyway, at least updated subscription numbers.

mileS

LFM Flex 1. 580+ (need cloak) 14/14h xp. Proving Grounds gold. 2800+ arena rating multi-glad with Arena Master achievement. Glory of the Raider achievements for every raid tier. At least 800k gold on your account. 40+ level 25 pets.

the game is almost getting this stupid.

LFM Flex 1. 580+ (need cloak) 14/14h xp. Proving Grounds gold. 2800+ arena rating multi-glad with Arena Master achievement. Glory of the Raider achievements for every raid tier. At least 800k gold on your account. 40+ level 25 pets.

the game is almost getting this stupid.

Obvious troll. I've seen a few people do it before.

Speaking of Proving Grounds, anybody bother doing the unlimited mode for the title?

I might do it sometime, but I read it takes about a half an hour uninterrupted which seems like quite a time investment, particularly if you fail and have to start over.

Khezu

I just got a lockbox inside a lockbox inside a lockbox.

Is that unique to ghost iron lockboxes? Cause I don't remember that ever being a thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really want to do Bastion of Twilight regular and Heroic Dragon Soul for the Warrior tiers. Don't even want the weapons, but every group I find on Openraid is like

ALL TOKENS RESERVED, ALL MOUNTS RESERVED FOR MY FRIENDS, ACHIEVEMENT RUN

34 crates and 6 Tol'vir solves later today and...

Jack shit.

I guess it's SOMETHING to do though when I'm not in the mood to work on alts. The low-level ones feel unrewarding when I have so many others at cap or close to it, but the high-level leveling can be such a chore.

And with an achievement point count of over 12500, the only things left on my main to do tend to be obscure or grindy to the extreme.

Holy shit I don't remember Rogues being so easy to faceroll while leveling. In mostly Cata heroic gear with a few epics mixed in, and I'm completely destroying shit. Not even bothering to stealth half the time.

My opinion might be schewed from leveling a holy pally and prot warrior before it.

strafer

Can't believe people are falling for disu shittu againu

- Hearthstone release date: 15 april
- Warlords of Draenor release date: 24 june
- Heroes of the Storm wont be released this year
- The Dark Below is still the name of the project name Titan and the team grew 50%
- The Warlords of Draenor Cinematic Trailer is 70 % finished. It will be released 2 months before the release
- The Cinematic Team is also working on the SC2 LotV Cinematic Trailer. The plan is that it will be shown at BlizzCon 2014
- The first Warcraft Movie Trailer will be shown a half year before the release, NOT at BlizzCon 2014
- Informations about The Dark Below wont be revealed at BlizzCon 2014
- The Team is thinking about to cancel BlizzCon 2014
- A new game is in development
- Warcraft IV is not planned
- The StarCraft Team are thinking about StarCraft: Ghosts
- Two new Diablo III expansions are in development
- Two new World of Warcraft expansions are in development
- A Hearthstone expansion is in development. It wont be a Diablo or StarCraft edition
- The Team wants to launch expansions faster but it is still a problem because there arent enough good developers who applied at Blizzard Entertainment
- Soon you will get more informations about the new character models. 50% of them are done right now.
- New models for worgen and goblins are planned with the 6th expansion. Photoshops of them are already done but it takes a long time to get them into life
- The Diablo III Team didnt grow. 40% of the StarCraft Team are now in the HotS Team thats why LotV takes a long time
- The new Lead Designer will be.... you will hear it in february.

Source:
Versailles Office

RkOwnage

Trying to get my Mage geared for Flex raiding...right now iLvl is at 517...

Still have RF 483 ilvl shoulder/helm, and then a 489 neck/ring

Do I spend valor to replace those with 522 items? (My luck in TOT and SOO RF rolls have been shit) or do I spend the valor to upgrade my other items? (Floating in the 528-553 range)

I needs help.

Ultratech

I just got a lockbox inside a lockbox inside a lockbox.

Is that unique to ghost iron lockboxes? Cause I don't remember that ever being a thing.

Seems like it, doesn't it?

I've had lockboxes inside of lockboxes to a point of where it was just silly.

But yeah, I don't remember that being a significant issue with other lockboxes.

Trying to get my Mage geared for Flex raiding...right now iLvl is at 517...

Still have RF 483 ilvl shoulder/helm, and then a 489 neck/ring

Do I spend valor to replace those with 522 items? (My luck in TOT and SOO RF rolls have been shit) or do I spend the valor to upgrade my other items? (Floating in the 528-553 range)

I needs help.

Personally, I'd upgrade whatever items I'd feel are gonna stick around for a while.
So if you have 553 gear, upgrade that first. Upgrading weapons are a priority as well, since that usually has a pretty big impact on your damage.
If you're really having some bad luck with getting any better gear (or have that much extra Valor), then you might consider the Valor gear from ToT.
You could also stick around the Timeless Isle and get lucky with a Burden of Eternity and upgrade a piece to 535.

Though if you're 517, you're geared enough to start doing Flex 1 & 2 (and probably 3).
As long as you know what to do, you should be fine.

Another 8 Tol'vir solves today, and more nothing, yay. :(

Not even any Canopic Jars.

I will never mount anything else again once I finally get this bug. Except my tiger.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a suggeston for garrisons. I assume farming will be in it, and if we have to manually do it again(if the NPCs either can't, or we get some bonus for doing it or whatever)

...Get rid of the gimmicks. I fucking get it. A vermin came out of my plot. So funny. Does it need to happen every.single.time.i.plant.something? No more pulling weeds, no more jumping, no more washing. It should be enough that I just have to remember to pick up the crops. It doesn't offer a challenge, it's just there to drag out the process and make me not want to do it. If they have to, make it once a week for the gimmicks to happen instead of EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.

Berordn

Yeah, is there another way to level cooking without the stupid pandaria "need farming mats to lvl cooking" shit?

You can get all the crops in various places in the world, and depending on your economy some of them will probably be pretty cheap now. You can also turn in Ironpaw tokens to get sacks of veggies, usually enough to make five of a dish.

Yeah and doing the noodle cart questline is definitely worth it since you can get 2 extra Ironpaw tokens a day from the daily it unlocks at the end.

If worst comes to worst, you can grind scenarios for spirits of harmony which can be traded for Ironpaw tokens and thus veggies.

Ultratech

You can get all the crops in various places in the world, and depending on your economy some of them will probably be pretty cheap now. You can also turn in Ironpaw tokens to get sacks of veggies, usually enough to make five of a dish.

Some mobs also drop veggies.

Like when I would farm those Alliance guys in Krasarang; they liked to drop Carrots.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyone see this?

BfgL24bCcAAZsZM.jpg:large

Looks like a possible vanilla horse remake?

Firey mane is for Broncos

Silver on Ravenlord is obviously for Seahawks, I doubt theyd put a regular mount in that thats close to the CE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's weird, it wasn't possible til vanilla yet I feel like there's no better shaman race aesthetically than Dwarves.

They need to add Ethereals to Ironforge. Do not kill the best major city in the game, Blizzard.

So I JUST noticed Haromm and Kardris are just hanging out in fornt of Org

Yup. you can see the mid boss before them talking to the bank goblins to lend all the money for the war cause, a big female orc yelling at the warlocks to surrender or die and some Korkon training near of the Guild vendor.

I think they removed Zaela powering Galakras with trolls souls after doing the blackspear rebellion.

Im still missing the http://www.wowhead.com/item=32946 for my T5 dwarf shaman(love their Stormstrike animations), but once i do, i will be super happy. Still need the belt that fits with the tier set too.

For now, i love my giant claws.

aO3jTho.png

Shamans really need a fire orb. Kind of odd that they don't have one with the other elemental totems and such. Even if it was as simple as a minor glyph to make it cosmetic that'd be fine. But even better if they could do a little restructuring to give a separate purpose for it.

I think I'm just a little tired of always being circled by a blue orb.

Finally beat Garrosh on Flex, so that's nice. Only got shoulders I didn't need and gold from a token roll. But it feels good to have the achievement under my belt! With any luck the new guild can get him this week on normal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think i'm going to level this guy mainly as resto in dungeons then buy elemental as the dual spec so i can just dps in resto gear.

That's the main thing I'm looking forward to in WoD. The variable gear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I already know the exact transmog I want for my Shaman.

Starts with Dark ends with Shaman. Mainly because the helmet doesn't hide the beard. I hate when the helmets hide the beard. Why don't you just cut their head off while you're at it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even just leveling, I don't know how people manage to find good spots for their healing abilities AND their dps abilities. All my good spots are already taken up.

mileS

Did the green fire questline on my alt Lock tonight. Damn that was challenging and fun! There needs to be more solo quests like that for each class. It can really separate the good from the bad, and actually teach people how to play and most importantly, the different ways to play your class.

Reminds me a bit of the Hunter quest back in the day. I hope they do more of this. The rewards don't have to be amazing. I just enjoy the fact that its there. Any opinions?

Even just leveling, I don't know how people manage to find good spots for their healing abilities AND their dps abilities. All my good spots are already taken up.

I'm a terrible clicker that doesn't use any special bars and rely mainly on 1-6 on the keyboard. The one concession I've made to ease things for me is using the second bar that shows if you click the little arrows or hold shift and scroll the middle mouse wheel (this MIGHT be a control change I made years ago but I think it's the default function). So generally I have my main bar set for "regular" combat and the second for AoE. I then change the second bar if I know I need something very particular for short bursts or something like some particular healing abilities or something if the fight has phases where a second bar would be beneficial.

But generally I just stick with regular and AoE for the two bars. It's a fraction of a second to hold shift and scroll wheel to change the bar and I have a second set of abilities to use until things go back to only one or two enemies and then I quickly swap back.

I'm an enhance shaman so this might not work great for you with resto/elemental. I think most people would suggest getting a bar add-on that allows you keybind a ton of stuff.

Did the green fire questline on my alt Lock tonight. Damn that was challenging and fun! There needs to be more solo quests like that for each class. It can really separate the good from the bad, and actually teach people how to play and most importantly, the different ways to play your class.

Reminds me a bit of the Hunter quest back in the day. I hope they do more of this. The rewards don't have to be amazing. I just enjoy the fact that its there. Any opinions?

Tried doing on my ilvl 476 warlock, I did manage to take like 7% of the final boss's hp and reach the phase where hell hounds start dispelling your control demon spell. Trash and boss does a ton of damage. I really need a decent amount of gear before I do it again.

edit: WARLOCK

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Once I get all my LFR gear and move onto flex SoO I need to switch to prot spec for Iron Juggernaut. This looks like it'd be awesome for soloing old raids.

Also why can't I make my warrior look like this?

People say Monks should look like that, but monks aren't even supposed to be using weapons. BladeMASTER. I want to be the blademaster.
Someone had a cool idea in the warrior forums for the warrior to have a 'blademaster' quest like the green fire where the warrior earns a flag to stick on their back.

I spent a decent bit of money for this, but I have over 60 Vermilion Onyx (Orange) Gems to cut (or not) and sell on Tuesday. Though the profit margin is about 15-20g per gem at a minimum, but a good portion will go for more than that, maybe 60g profit per on the upper end. Average probably about 30g profit per cut gem.

$$$$

Been awhile since I took gold-making more seriously, but the prep today should provide a nice infusion of capital to kick off the week.

I'm a terrible clicker that doesn't use any special bars and rely mainly on 1-6 on the keyboard. The one concession I've made to ease things for me is using the second bar that shows if you click the little arrows or hold shift and scroll the middle mouse wheel (this MIGHT be a control change I made years ago but I think it's the default function). So generally I have my main bar set for "regular" combat and the second for AoE. I then change the second bar if I know I need something very particular for short bursts or something like some particular healing abilities or something if the fight has phases where a second bar would be beneficial.

But generally I just stick with regular and AoE for the two bars. It's a fraction of a second to hold shift and scroll wheel to change the bar and I have a second set of abilities to use until things go back to only one or two enemies and then I quickly swap back.

I'm an enhance shaman so this might not work great for you with resto/elemental. I think most people would suggest getting a bar add-on that allows you keybind a ton of stuff.

Why would you use addons to bind stuff? I don't see what kind of addon that would add any functionality when it comes to binding stuff. Got any examples?

Tacitus_

Why would you use addons to bind stuff? I don't see what kind of addon that would add any functionality when it comes to binding stuff. Got any examples?

I'm not sure if this is baked into the default or not, but Bartender allows you to bind your keys straight in the bars without having to go to the key bindings menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom