• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't need no stinking addon help. I've got years of leveling experience. I pretty much know the quickest routes through everything at this point.

Doh ho hoo but how does automatic quest accepting and turn in with auto reward selection sound?

Seriously though, everyone says that and it's exactly what I thought as well. It removes everything you need to do for questing except killing mobs basically. I don't even have to pay attention, I just follow the TomTom arrow and watch TV. It also is much more efficient it doesn't have you do a long annoying quest or even quest hubs out of the way.

Shahadan

I don't understand why people don't read quests. It's a big part of the journey for me. Not reading them actually add to my boredom.
The writing took a hit since cataclysm, probably because they know people don't bother reading them, (so fuck you guys ;( ) but it's still interesting.

Berordn

The writing took a hit since cataclysm, probably because they know people don't bother reading them, (so fuck you guys ;( ) but it's still interesting.

Some of Pandaria's quest writing was the best it's been since its inception though. Cata was the weak link in my eyes.

Shahadan

Some of Pandaria's quest writing was the best it's been since its inception though. Cata was the weak link in my eyes.

I though Pandaria's quests had good writing when they took the time imo. But I felt a lot of them had basically just three lines of "get shit I need them just because".

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't understand why people don't read quests. It's a big part of the journey for me. Not reading them actually add to my boredom.

Because 90% of it is bullshit. And after the first time levelling a character there's no more reason for it. I have 14 level 90s.

As much as they try to get me to care about these characters, I don't give a shit anymore, especially after killing the Lich King.

I killed a motherfucker that Kil'Jaeden was afraid of, right after stuffing KJ right back in his dumb portal. Don't start sending another insane aspect at me and daddy-issue orcs at me and act like I'm gonna care.

Dawg

I only have one max lvl character with like 30k gold.

I feel like a pleb.

Meanwhile, my little brother has millions of gold spread throughout his characters... and I swear to god he sells and buys several spectral tigers each week. And everyone on my server seems to know him.

He's like the WoW pimp I could never be.

Slayerx

wowx5.png
I am getting hyped for images now :/ Blizzard stahp.

So while I wasn't able to make the raid it seems my guild wiped on Garrosh tonight...for 3 hours.

Now I don't know what exactly the issue is since I've only been with them there for two attempts (that I thought were decent for the end of the night), but it is troublesome. Based on the guild's performance on all the other bosses, gear shouldn't be an issue. But I might be biased since the fight isn't really any harder than any others this tier from a melee perspective.

Will definitely stay with this guild (as long as they want me and there isn't another huge meltdown ala the previous guild) for at least 2-3 more weeks, but if Garrosh isn't dead by then (as he should be) I'll definitely be looking elsewhere. Certainly more cynical about this now than I used to be, keeping feelers out at all times for possible guilds to jump ship to, but you kind of have to if you don't have complete confidence in your group. Especially at the 25 man level (and DPS role) where raiders are more mere cogs in the machine than essential components.

I'll be doing normal Garrosh with my guild all night tomorrow but the problem I have in every flex run is adds from his empowered aoe destroying everyone. They're so damn fast that I can barely kite them on my mage.

Fjordson

I feel like a pleb.

Meanwhile, my little brother has millions of gold spread throughout his characters... and I swear to god he sells and buys several spectral tigers each week. And everyone on my server seems to know him.

Damn, I'm jealous. I'm like you, only one 90 with 22k gold :lol and that's it. Though I am making decent money lately with leather working, but I've never been one of those people who just rake in the money from playing the auction house and whatnot.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The following message recently (yesterday I think) appeared on EU-Bladefist:

warlords36ucm.png

For the latest news and gameplay updates, including expansion purchasing options, please visit http

Seems to be only on Bladefist, that's what the original report (on MMO-Champion) points towards. I've tried on EU-Nordrassil as well, but no message there. If you see this message on other servers, be sure to tell so here.

Could be a bug, could be some staff member getting tired of waiting for beta and deciding to post a little hint.

Audioboxer

Need to be inactive since March 4, 2012

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

I would like to have the mount ;)

Ah right sorry, mines is just over a year.

GAME TIME
Expired: 1/29/2013 11:01 PM
Buy more game time or set up a subscription.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I feel like a pleb.

You'd be surprised how much those two things play off eachother. If you have all the professions you can pretty much print money. I make Sky Golems for free by using the Half-hill farm on 3~ characters per sky golem. Get all the Ghost Iron and Living Steel from there and it only takes like 10 minutes of dailies to put it all together.

Engineering is the best DPS profession so I have it on my DPS guys atm, making 4 sky golems for like no work every 30 days is a lot of pure gold.

Guy on mmo champion data mined a bunch of beta related assets on the battle.net account page. HYPE!

How do you not link that?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You'd be surprised how much those two things play off eachother. If you have all the professions you can pretty much print money. I make Sky Golems for free by using the Half-hill farm on 3~ characters per sky golem. Get all the Ghost Iron and Living Steel from there and it only takes like 10 minutes of dailies to put it all together.

Engineering is the best DPS profession so I have it on my DPS guys atm, making 4 sky golems for like no work every 30 days is a lot of pure gold.

I also have all the professions, so i barely have to spend any money for anything. I got 3 or 4 characters with over 20k gold. But how do you get so many Living Steels with the farm? It's what blocking me from many high lvl recipes.

Dawg

Welp, my rogue is Engineering/JC. Currently (still) leveling a warrior with mining.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I also have all the professions, so i barely have to spend any money for anything. I got 3 or 4 characters with over 20k gold. But how do you get so many Living Steels with the farm? It's what blocking me from many high lvl recipes.

Plant snakeroot on all the plots, get trillium, smelt and transmute.

make sure you have transmute mastery, i get about 10 extra every 30 days. Pure money.

Dawg

Pollux

I made a worsen Druid last night, and he's level 43 already.

I also made about 20k in gold in that time frame, and have spent pretty much all of that. Lol

How the hell do you level that fast and make that much money? WTF am I doing wrong :jnc

Tamanon

Banned
I wish MMO-Champ didn't have such a relationship with Blizzard, seems to be getting in the way of our leaks dangit! Need a new source.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Evade mobs in MoP are worse than any other expansion. I've had stuff evade after 15 seconds of combat only a few inches from their spawn point. Multiple times.

TheYanger

Maybe he mellowed in his old age? There's a more... direct collection of references linked at the outset.

lol nah, Seb quit :) I talk to him on gtalk sometimes. I mean I think Hamlet made a lot of those up, though they're not entirely off. They're certainly more eloquent sounding than he usually was xD

Spent 3 hours tonight wiping on Garrosh, with only one really good attempt (our second one). Besides really stupid things (like Garrosh using Annihilate in the Crane temple while half the raid is still in the hallway 3 times), our biggest problem was we kept having a healer die during Whirling Corruption (before adds spawned). We were 2 healing and doing basically fine with everything else, but our druid healer kept dying to his aoe. Our last 2 attempts we tried to 3 heal but those attempts didn't get very far since I think people were just tired by that point.

One thing I need to rant on though, is only one battle rez is 10 man is so fucking stupid. It allows for almost 0 room for error. We had to use a brez on someone between either someone dying to Annihilate or killing someone MC'd almost every time before phase 3 and were fucked as soon as something went wrong during it. We have 5 people in our raid that can brez (2 DK's, 2 Druid's and a Warlock), but limiting it to only one kept pissing me off.

Ok, done venting.

Giggzy

I just hit 90 on my priest. If I remember correctly, I believe someone posted a fresh 90 to do guide awhile back. If anyone has any idea of what I'm talking about, please let me know! :)

Yeah I've had Garrosh cast Annihilate on the stairs a couple times and it is just dumb. Not sure if there's a sure fire way to prevent that from happening.

Particularly frustrating to wipe on the fight because it is over 7 minutes long - probably closer to 10 for a full kill. So between attempt time and recovery there's only so many tries you can get in each night.

Jag

Yeah I've had Garrosh cast Annihilate on the stairs a couple times and it is just dumb. Not sure if there's a sure fire way to prevent that from happening.

Particularly frustrating to wipe on the fight because it is over 7 minutes long - probably closer to 10 for a full kill. So between attempt time and recovery there's only so many tries you can get in each night.

There is, make sure EVERYONE is in the room and stacked before he activates. He will cast it on one random person and if that idiot is in the hallway, it's probably a wipe.

Aylinato

How the hell do you level that fast and make that much money? WTF am I doing wrong :jnc

Well, I was making a killing from ghost iron ore. However it seems that prices bottomed out. I'll still undercut them all because I hate jerks who ruin the economy.

I also run all the old instances because I love them. Each one I do is an easy 300-600g from selling all the items. I'm about to get that mammoth from another 7k I made. Better farming :)

Shahadan

Realms around here can't connect you, you're stuck at90% loading and then disconnected. ;(
On top of all the problems recently. I don't know what's happening but it's getting weird.

And to think that back then they would at least give a day free for a lot less shit happening.

mclem

There is, make sure EVERYONE is in the room and stacked before he activates. He will cast it on one random person and if that idiot is in the hallway, it's probably a wipe.

But I tend to find that if you do that, you can get caught out if the shield lands up the corridor from the dying mob. Can you *outrange* the annihilate?

Jag

But I tend to find that if you do that, you can get caught out if the shield lands up the corridor from the dying mob. Can you *outrange* the annihilate?

The shield isn't mandatory. It's more important to avoid the annihilate and I don't think you can outrange it.

mclem

People seem *very* fragile without it, though. I wonder if part of that's the fact that we're ending up too scattered for sensible group healing.

Khezu

Custom classes should be a thing.

Just let me chose 3 specializations that I like.

So I can cherry pick from specs of classes that I don't like very much.

Restro(druid)
Fury
Enhancement

Deathknight would probably have to stay it's own thing for obvious reasons.

Just came back to this game two weeks ago after over a year hiatus. Went to start a new guild with my brother and the guild is already level 20 with 200 members. Superguildinvite rocks.

What's the best place to look up proper rotations and such? I used to use Noxxic for its simplicity but feels like I'm doing something wrong on my lock. Should be doing a lot more DPS.

I goofed. I sent a friend a Scroll of Resurrection who hasn't played since around Cataclysm. At the end I could have sworn I read that Scrolls were sent out hourly, but now I'm searching on Google and being told they only go out once a day. Which is it?

If it's once in a day I'm just gonna tell him to sub now.

EDIT: He just received it. Ignore this post.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will miss pandarea overflowing atmosphere, so full of life unlike WotkL.

The Dusty Spot daily for the tillers is when I realized Valley of the Four Winds is the best zone in the whole game. Not necessarily my favoite, but the pure best. When you're flying over it, you see just how alive that world is. It's the first time in the gmae where I've thought' this is a living world' when you see the farmer harvesting crops, the one guy fighting weeds, the birds looking for things to kill, the chickens and sheep running around, seeing other players fighting the vermin in the Farmers fields, etc. It's magnificent because it's not the old WoW thing of 'NPCs standing around'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom