• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Just came back to this game two weeks ago after over a year hiatus. Went to start a new guild with my brother and the guild is already level 20 with 200 members. Superguildinvite rocks.

What's the best place to look up proper rotations and such? I used to use Noxxic for its simplicity but feels like I'm doing something wrong on my lock. Should be doing a lot more DPS.

Never use Noxxic. Icy Veins, Official Forums, MMO-Champion forums, and sometimes Elitist Jerks (If they have an updated guide) are the way to go. Also some youtube guides are pretty good but do some research before following them.

JSoup

Banned
I wish MMO-Champ didn't have such a relationship with Blizzard, seems to be getting in the way of our leaks dangit! Need a new source.

Didn't most of the beta leaks over the last few years come from NeoGaf? That's where I was always directed to for current stuff, anyway.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Didn't most of the beta leaks over the last few years come from NeoGaf? That's where I was always directed to for current stuff, anyway.

No. Almost any neogaf thread/post about new or leaked Warcraft related stuff is a repost of something found in mmochamp proper or the mmochamp forums.

Finished this today:

dlbmfaE.png

So pretty. All made myself.

Filling out bank space is a little rich though, even for me, and while I could use more space I'm not that desperate - have some leeway to clean it up a bit. Probably just gonna sell bags or leg enchants from now on and buy if I really need/want them. Especially since WoD should have cheap 24 or 26-slotters at a minimum.

Wubby

Now that my realm has been connected with two others free bank space is not something I really have to worry about any longer. I can now have 33 toons on one server. 66 if I include my second account. I only keep soulbound stuff on my mains. Altaholic makes keeping track of everything easy.

komplanen

Last update I played was the one with Oondasta and the daily island. Has there been any systems or leveling etc. changes made after that? Anything interesting or different happened in WoW or just more raids and dailies?

I kinda feel torn whether I should start leveling up a new character or wait until I can do it with the level 90 boost. I'm so done with leveling but I'm bored.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to strictly do flex through openraid but sometimes oqueue is my only option.

and it sucks because oqueu flexes are pretty hit or miss

I want to strictly do flex through openraid but sometimes oqueue is my only option.

and it sucks because oqueu flexes are pretty hit or miss

If you don't have other raiding commitments there's absolutely no reason you can't do all your Flex raids via OpenRaid.

oQueue is fine for Flex 1 and Maybe 2 - haven't tested it (or had the need to really) on other wings. Also great for finding Ordos groups quickly but you don't have a cloak yet so that's not a factor for you. And for finding celestials it's also fine if you're on a lower pop server that isn't doing them often enough.

Ultratech

Did some ToT earlier on my DK and tanked bosses up to Dark Animus.

Not too great when people think they can try and zerg through all that mess and it doesn't work out too well.

JSoup

Banned
I kinda feel torn whether I should start leveling up a new character or wait until I can do it with the level 90 boost. I'm so done with leveling but I'm bored.

Could always save the boost for a class you find boring to play. I'm saving mine for either shaman or pally, as I find both uninteresting.

Lock hit 85. Out of rested XP now though, which is a shame. Definitely gonna get him to 90 ahead of the 85 Mage though since the Lock has professions at ~500 while the Mage has none. Not sure what to get him. Another Alch would be alright, but I don't have an herbalist on the server at the moment. Maybe Blacksmithing since it'll be awhile before I'd get a Paladin to 90 as my last plate wearer and I don't have room on my Warrior or DK for it. Could drop mining on the Warrior and put it on the Priest, but that's so tedious and the Warrior already has 310 flying whereas the Priest does not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
501 ilvl on the Monk. Not too bad on progress considering I hit 90 yesterday. Got another burden, but I'm waiting to see what I get off LFR this week(maybe next as well) before I use it. Got lucky and got the sha-touched fist wep off the Empress from HoF AND another for my double roll. Still gotta finish my sigil quest to throw a sha crystal in it.

Hoping I'll get something off ToT instead though. Ideally I'd like to be flexing in about 2 weeks, but we'll see. Going to try to be the one getting carried through SoO LFR instead of the other way around for once since reset is 2 days away. Need to get some more mogu runes as well.

JSoup

Banned
My rouge just hit 85. I've done the whole MoP leveling thing five times now, been looking into the big three power leveling methods people have been going on about. None of them look very entertaining.

Also, inscription is the fastest profession I've ever leveled. I'm halfway done and it's only been an hour.

mclem

Finished this today:

dlbmfaE.png

So pretty. All made myself.

Filling out bank space is a little rich though, even for me, and while I could use more space I'm not that desperate - have some leeway to clean it up a bit. Probably just gonna sell bags or leg enchants from now on and buy if I really need/want them. Especially since WoD should have cheap 24 or 26-slotters at a minimum.

As soon as the Toy Box appears I'm going to have *so much* spare bank space.

Kuntz

Whelp, brewmaster is finally 90, but I don't have the guts to tag lfr just because I'm scared of people's reactions if I make a mistake... Tank-GAF, how was your first experience tanking in a raid where everyone is expecting you to be perfect?

Khezu

So on my enchanter, all I have been doing is just selling the raw sha crystals.
I assume this is just leaving money on the table, but they actually seem to sell unlike enchants.

I also have max alchemy and jewelcrafting, I know you are supposed to use those 3 in combination to make fat stacks, but I just suck at stuff like that. I have tried in the past and none of my stuff ever sold because I was always undercut super fast, and then I always just got demotivated to even bother trying again.

Ultratech

Indeed. This is what's killing me on item space on my Hunter right now.

I've got a ton of toys and crap just sitting in my bank taking up a lot of space.

Granted, it might help a little bit if I didn't horde every little thing as well.

Jag

Now that my realm has been connected with two others free bank space is not something I really have to worry about any longer. I can now have 33 toons on one server. 66 if I include my second account. I only keep soulbound stuff on my mains. Altaholic makes keeping track of everything easy.

I didn't realize you could do this. So I can make alts on the other server and have them join the guild on the first server? I thought I was out of character slots.

My rouge just hit 85. I've done the whole MoP leveling thing five times now, been looking into the big three power leveling methods people have been going on about. None of them look very entertaining.

Also, inscription is the fastest profession I've ever leveled. I'm halfway done and it's only been an hour.

Yeah but inscription is worthless without all the recipes. You're like 3 months away at least from being useful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whelp, brewmaster is finally 90, but I don't have the guts to tag lfr just because I'm scared of people's reactions if I make a mistake... Tank-GAF, how was your first experience tanking in a raid where everyone is expecting you to be perfect?

Find a guild and then find another tank(preferably the same spec) and ask them to do LFR with you.

Fjordson

God, I can't wait for that.

They're doing like an heirlooms tab also, right? That'll be nice. Tracking ones down that you haven't used in a while can be a pain in the ass. Since my main's bank is pretty full, so my heirlooms are sort of spread out all over the place.

JSoup

Banned
I assume this is just leaving money on the table, but they actually seem to sell unlike enchants.

I have this problem too. I find selling the mats tends to be more lucrative than selling the enchants. Only exception in my realm seems to be Jade Spirit, which I can normally get more for when it actually sells.

Yeah but inscription is worthless without all the recipes. You're like 3 months away at least from being useful.

Only leveling it for the achievement. Herbs are easy to get, so I'll just sell the leftover stacks to cover basic mat costs.

Loto

Look up Salts Dude YouTube lfr guides. They are all from the tank perspective and extremely simplified. Just take on wing at a time. Mogu shan vaults tier is great to start.

Lock hit 86 now which let me equip all my swag BoA 450 gear on him. Should cruise through the rest of Pandaria pretty nicely, just gotta let some rest build. Grinding it all out just isn't fun the 5th time through. Will get him started on Imperial Silk making tomorrow or the next day though at least - need to grab some embersilk cloth for that since he pretty much has all of the Cata phase to go through, but I don't feel like farming it tonight. His engineering is above 500, but AFAIK there's nothing special you can really do with that until 90, and I'm not sure how good the Sky Golem profits are on my server anyway. Might just make one for myself when he eventually gets there since I've slowly stockpiled Living Steel since the start of MoP.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Had an idea for a monk exclusive quest like green fire

You get Xuen as a mount for the reward.

Monks are the last class that needs a class specific quest. They already have their special area and +xp %. Paladins and Priests need their own special area in the EPL doing stuff for the Argent Crusade, or warriors need something in the Brawlers Arena way before Monks need some cool quest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joined a flex on my monk f or this 'casual raiding' guild I enjoyed that has a progression team as well. Got 3 upgrades in flex 1. Even got a fist weapon that I put dancing steel(ow the price) on.

Wubby

I also have max alchemy and jewelcrafting, I know you are supposed to use those 3 in combination to make fat stacks, but I just suck at stuff like that. I have tried in the past and none of my stuff ever sold because I was always undercut super fast, and then I always just got demotivated to even bother trying again.

Sadly I'm the same. Well now anyway. Before on my server there was only 16 people so no one to sell to. But since the merge happened there is a viable AH again. Any tips? Do we have any gold making experts here?

Sadly I'm the same. Well now anyway. Before on my server there was only 16 people so no one to sell to. But since the merge happened there is a viable AH again. Any tips? Do we have any gold making experts here?

Flask market died when Flask Cauldron's came out in Cata and then made flasks barely take any mats in Mists. You can still make a lot transmuting Living Steel every day though. JCing market also crashed when people started putting uncut gems in AH for more than cut ones.

Zemm

yep this warrior is tanking lfr wing 2 in arms.

yep

We had a shaman join as a healer then play enhancement, he got kicked pretty quickly though. They should force you into the spec you are allotted once you get into the instance to stop this shit.

We had a shaman join as a healer then play enhancement, he got kicked pretty quickly though. They should force you into the spec you are allotted once you get into the instance to stop this shit.

I don't understand the logic...you can set which spec you get gear for...

Enosh

Spent 3 hours tonight wiping on Garrosh, with only one really good attempt (our second one). Besides really stupid things (like Garrosh using Annihilate in the Crane temple while half the raid is still in the hallway 3 times), our biggest problem was we kept having a healer die during Whirling Corruption (before adds spawned). We were 2 healing and doing basically fine with everything else, but our druid healer kept dying to his aoe. Our last 2 attempts we tried to 3 heal but those attempts didn't get very far since I think people were just tired by that point.

One thing I need to rant on though, is only one battle rez is 10 man is so fucking stupid. It allows for almost 0 room for error. We had to use a brez on someone between either someone dying to Annihilate or killing someone MC'd almost every time before phase 3 and were fucked as soon as something went wrong during it. We have 5 people in our raid that can brez (2 DK's, 2 Druid's and a Warlock), but limiting it to only one kept pissing me off.

Ok, done venting.
that normal?
I really don't suggest 3 healing it
it just means you will get to the third phase latter and have to deal with more adds and more whirlwind and then everything goes to shit
3 healing just means you will have to deal with all of those more

in general I've found that going up a healer is rarely the answer, usually it's just better to kill stuff sooner and tell people to not be shit as far as using def CDs, healthstones and not standing in shit goes

Jag

I've had so many perfect runs on Garrosh until those adds and everything goes to hell. I'm putting my Heirloom run on hold until it's nerfed or overgeared. I've already killed him in multiple modes, so it's just farming at this point.

Aylinato

Monks are the last class that needs a class specific quest. They already have their special area and +xp %. Paladins and Priests need their own special area in the EPL doing stuff for the Argent Crusade, or warriors need something in the Brawlers Arena way before Monks need some cool quest.

Well, idk about now but paladins used to have a quest for our charger mount. Now it was utterly absurd on how difficult it was without a raiding guild essentially. But I did it and all I got was an achievement. I think they should have made the BE paladins at least have one half as hard for their mount.

Well, idk about now but paladins used to have a quest for our charger mount. Now it was utterly absurd on how difficult it was without a raiding guild essentially. But I did it and all I got was an achievement. I think they should have made the BE paladins at least have one half as hard for their mount.

They did have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom