• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag

Looks like Blizz needs to hotfix their new street sign.

My guess is the street will be shut for maintenance on Tuesday between 5am and 11am PST.

BgI1lVqCQAAV7Ou.jpg

I think i'm falling back into the hunting mounts just for the sake of hunting them trap when i'm not doing raid/lfr.

I should really hold off until I get more money/professions leveled though. But I've been trying to get the Razasshi Raptor(just do my warlock and hunter because they're the easiest to do it on. I could do it on my main but it can get rough on the ice pulls)
I'm curious what you consider the ice pulls. I've ran that place a ton of times getting the raptor and panther. Want me to go with you soon to see how you run through and possibly help with optimizing your run? I don't imagine any class at 90 should have that hard of a time in there, especially one that's presumably your best geared if they're your main.

Jag

All right - not doing this again without rested, but I ground out the rest of the Lock overnight (not through pet battles thankfully). 5th 90!

Any tips for the 88-90 slog with a Monk tank? Even though I've done it so many times. It will be my 9th 90 and just getting very burnt out on it.

Shahadan

Any tips for the 88-90 slog with a Monk tank? Even though I've done it so many times. It will be my 9th 90 and just getting very burnt out on it.

At 88 just go to the timeless isle and kill worms and weak shit around old piju. Take all the buffs you can and it'll be easy.
Or ask a 90 to follow him while he's doing his weekly quests. I helped someone in my guild and pulled all the small turtles I could to get stones, she did 89-90 before I even had finished the quest.

I don't know why not more people are doing this. Even before 88 depending on your class. It's repetitive but fast as shit

Jag

At 88 just go to the timeless isle and kill worms and weak shit around old piju. Take all the buffs you can and it'll be easy.
Or ask a 90 to follow him while he's doing his weekly quests. I helped someone in my guild and pulled all the small turtles I could to get stones, she did 89-90 before I even had finished the quest.

I don't know why not more people are doing this. Even before 88 depending on your class. It's repetitive but fast as shit

I actually went to TI at 88 with my DK Tank and farmed the worms, but for some reason my Panda Monk couldn't handle it. Not sure why, but he's definitely squishier than the DK.

Shahadan

I actually went to TI at 88 with my DK Tank and farmed the worms, but for some reason my Panda Monk couldn't handle it. Not sure why, but he's definitely squishier than the DK.

Probably because of the worms poison :s
Try the small cranes and turtles, or switch to a dps spec if you have it and get the right buff from a shrine.

Just mix things up. I did the battle pets from 86-88 and moved on to Townlong and Dread Wastes from there with the occasional pet battle when they were on the way. They key for me was going to quest hubs that you wouldn't otherwise hit on the guided path. The questing in Pandaria definitely encourages a linear experience, but you can skip around a bit if you know what you're doing. This time I did the fishing wharf area in Dread Wastes, for example, which I hadn't done since I leveled at launch.

Lock is 489 with Timeless gear now. No luck on rings, but I did get a neck and an extra burden besides the blazing chest. Kind of wishing I hadn't consolidated two timeless rings on my Shammy right now, but what can you do. Will just have to run ToT until I can fill out a few slots higher.

Jag

This time I did the fishing wharf area in Dread Wastes, for example, which I hadn't done since I leveled at launch.

That area also gives very good Anglers rep for anyone that wants to grind out the Water Strider mount that any of your toons can ride. I found the mount helpful in TI and I believe it will be useful in MOP as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm curious what you consider the ice pulls. I've ran that place a ton of times getting the raptor and panther. Want me to go with you soon to see how you run through and possibly help with optimizing your run? I don't imagine any class at 90 should have that hard of a time in there, especially one that's presumably your best geared if they're your main.

The ice pulls are the guys near the raptor boss with the cauldron. On the pet classes its no big deal because the pets are taking the hit. But if I don't quickly get to the ice cauldron and hit every one witrh a different ice effect, they ice me and kill me pretty quick since the tomb goes for a while

Berordn

The ice pulls are the guys near the raptor boss with the cauldron. On the pet classes its no big deal because the pets are taking the hit. But if I don't quickly get to the ice cauldron and hit every one witrh a different ice effect, they ice me and kill me pretty quick since the tomb goes for a while

I solo Mandokir and Kilnara daily on a Monk and Paladin with no issue. Run up, click the ice, get them frozen as soon as you can.

Ultratech

Got the day off due to bad weather, so I did a full clear of ToT.

Spent the better part of the afternoon doing it and got some achievements done.

It's so silly how badly Dark Animus can go if you mess up initially.

Also read where they're getting rid of the Scroll of Resurrection.

Today will be the day I become best friends with nat pagle.

Time for a new fishing hat awe yea

That must've taken a while...

That's really weird to me as an enhance shaman since my first 15 or so runs I never clicked the cauldrons and never got iced. I did have to be cautious because when the trolls got large and berserked or whatever they hit super hard but once I started using the ice cauldrons it became a breeze.

I honestly didn't know they could freeze you. I just assumed you were taking too many hits from the large guys and not using the cauldrons to freeze them and deal big damage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who made up the myth that you should do LFR on Tuesdays because thatg's when the 'good raiders do it'

because this is 3 failed wing 4s in a row on LFR now. Keep in mind, I one shotted it on the weekend

edit: well I one shotted Naz, so I guess that's the game apologizing. And Nazgrim LFR being so stupid easy.

Enosh

funny story that happened just before in the raid

Malrok heroic, never killed it before
got into the second blood rage, my job is to solo tank it
I'm think "awww yeah I'm going to be all pro on this shit"
I pop dancing rune weapon and army, thinking "nice 70%-ish dmg reduction now, then IBF, trinket and a few seconds latter vigilance from the warrior"

2s into my army cast I notice that he is still in his bullshit cast thing and didn't even start the melee swings yet...
lol

well still killed it but with my face in the ground ^^ (second tank died a bit before)

Aylinato

Got the day off due to bad weather, so I did a full clear of ToT.

Spent the better part of the afternoon doing it and got some achievements done.

It's so silly how badly Dark Animus can go if you mess up initially.

Also read where they're getting rid of the Scroll of Resurrection.

That must've taken a while...

There are 3 fish to turn in, everyday. I enjoy farming in wow, I've collected almost all the fishing gear, I haven't done the ZG stuff contest. Even though I'm not on an RP realm I still collect things that my paladin would keep like anything referencing paladins, and I'll go and mostly do paladin-type quests and areas with demons.

Dawg

I am beyond hyped for the garrison addition in WoD.

I've been waiting for player housing for years, Blizzard always said it would be a lot of work so I didn't think it would ever get added.

But now... we get an entire town we can customize and stuff. I was so happy when it got announced and it is the main reason I want beta access ASAP.

Khezu

Hopefully they slowly add other themed buildings.

I'm a Blood Elf, I shouldn't be living in a pig hovel like an Orc.

Shahadan

Hopefully they slowly add other themed buildings.

I'm a Blood Elf, I shouldn't be living in a pig hovel like an Orc.

I don't believe it for one second. The amount of work would be ginormous and while other companies would probably do it (like some would have done for capital cities and flying mounts for each race), Blizzard won't.
That said they should at least design the building with some space that can be used to give a racial theme. Banners, curtains, furnitures, I don't know. Even a single room devoted to this would be cool.
But it's probably safer to expect human and orc only.

First world WoW problems: 3 upgrades tonight already, not enough Valor in the week to increase the iLevel on them all.

Nothing warforged (though a warforged sword did drop off Sha this week after I got a regular one last week - passed to let someone else enjoy), but this was the haul:

-Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags, neck, replacing burdened Timeless piece
-Greave of Sublime Superiority, boots, coined off Sha, replacing (non-upgraded) Flex version
-Gauntlets of Cyclopean Dread, tier gloves, replacing (upgraded) Flex version

In a perfect world I'd coin a warforged trinket off Thok tomorrow and win a helm (both LFR pieces still), but that's unlikely. Either one would be good, though from the regular loot table both are in high contention. Coining one or the other would be a massive upgrade though.

Salamando

Tarazet

Switch to WW for now and do the Klaxxi quests. If you have the charm, you should hit exalted by the time you free all the bugs and be able to buy a 463 weapon.

Dawg

Won a similar bag during their Game Fuel promo a few years back. Barely use it. If you want something to just throw crap into, it's serviceable. If you want something you'd keep a notepad, pen, papers, and a business card in, get a proper messenger bag.

So it's not that good huh? :( Figured since it wasn't as much as the other bags on there (those are $79,99)

Salamando

So it's not that good huh? :( Figured since it wasn't as much as the other bags on there (those are $79,99)

Big problem with it is it has no rigidity to it at all. Put it on, it does that thing where it wrap around your body. Put papers in it, they get crumpled and wrinkled. Also means there's no protection for anything in it...even from the other stuff inside of it.

About all I use it for is carrying my keyboard, mouse, and wires to LAN parties.

StMeph

Aside from chasing the Legendary quest and doing Flex raids, I'm running out of things to do on my main. I've hit Exalted with basically every faction I care to, so it's just a matter of farming ore/trillium/lotus at the Halfhill farm each day.

I still farm some old raids for transmogs and gold, but that's pretty fast as well. Maybe really go after Baron's Deathcharger...

I guess it's time to level an alt. I really want to get full heirlooms, but farming that much JP seems really mind-numbing to me. Ugh.

Bizazedo

Trying to decide who to use the free level 90 boost on. DK would be silly. Thinking Paladin. I despise Paladins, but it'd be good to have one to see how truly OP they are.

I think it's my Horde from vanilla background that taints my thoughts. "Oh, you think it's easy? Of course, you're a Paladin" type mindset is rough to shake.

Have they said if tradeskills get boosted, too?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Trying to decide who to use the free level 90 boost on. DK would be silly. Thinking Paladin. I despise Paladins, but it'd be good to have one to see how truly OP they are.

I think it's my Horde from vanilla background that taints my thoughts. "Oh, you think it's easy? Of course, you're a Paladin" type mindset is rough to shake.

Paladins arent that OP. I love mine, but it has nothing to do with being OP. Just love the feel of playing one.

mclem

Other than a short period around Cataclysm, I don't think Paladins have ever *actually* been OP. What your horde from vanilla didn't know is that it was deathly dull.

Other than a short period around Cataclysm, I don't think Paladins have ever *actually* been OP. What your horde from vanilla didn't know is that it was deathly dull.

Actually they were for quite a bit of Wrath. At least Prot. The free second life that you didn't even have to think about (was a passive) was absurdly better than anything else for progression, along with the absolute faceroll of a rotation compared to other tanks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So in an effort to get my ilvl up and get a replacement for these 496 trinketks, I've been running the first boss of the first wing fo tot LFR and just using my bonus roll every time by buying mogu runes with timeless coins and leaving after the first boss.

6 times in a row I have gotten gold now. Keep in mind, there's only two things he can drop for me. Trinket and pants. I've already got the pants.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Totems were > blessings anyway. Though I do miss wanding for mana..

Bizazedo

I should've added I was on a PvP server. So yes, Paladins were considered obnoxiously strong and played by those who like easy mode.

As others have stated above, I know they've been extremely strong at other points and being able to have a really high amount of versatility at all points in their life has drawn much hate from me and others.

I am a Warrior, though, so that's partially why :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom