• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

With how popular pet battles are, I hope Blizzard adds in a card game in the next expansion.

Not Hearthstone, itself, but slimmed down version that plays exactly the same, but with different cards, ones you collect inside of WoW.

Each mob could drop a card version of themselves, dungeon and raid bosses, faction leaders. Could get them from achievements, and holiday events. Basically anything. It would be an easy way to create content that people want to do. Even do it the creepy way FF8 does it and use magic to turn mobs into cards.

Didn't Final Fantasy 11 have a card game?

Bloody Coins is the dumbest idea Blizz has come up with since dumbing down content in WotLK. Group of about 20 people on my Rogue's server going around Timeless Isle ganking people.

Berordn

With how popular pet battles are, I hope Blizzard adds in a card game in the next expansion.

Not Hearthstone, itself, but slimmed down version that plays exactly the same, but with different cards, ones you collect inside of WoW.

Each mob could drop a card version of themselves, dungeon and raid bosses, faction leaders. Could get them from achievements, and holiday events. Basically anything. It would be an easy way to create content that people want to do. Even do it the creepy way FF8 does it and use magic to turn mobs into cards.

I think it's more likely that they'd find some way to connect the two than it is that they'd make a separate game within a game, kind of like they're doing with the Hearthsteed for beta testing. No reason to cannibalize themselves like that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got a Rune Sword off the AH for transmogging for 200 gold for my monk.

Given that the second cheapest was 1000 gold, I feel pretty good about it.

Khezu

I think it's more likely that they'd find some way to connect the two than it is that they'd make a separate game within a game, kind of like they're doing with the Hearthsteed for beta testing. No reason to cannibalize themselves like that.

I know that's probably the route they will take, but I think that wouldn't be as cool.
Would rather do things inside of WoW to earn the cards, give reason to explore different parts of the game.

I suppose they could kind of still do that if it was connected, but if they do it wrong, or with poor balance, it could come off as pretty unfair to Hearthstone only players.

Berordn

Orcs are just reskinned humans anyway..

They're big 'n meaty and that's why I love(d) them.

Human males are just disproportionate bald gorillas. If they actually slim them down a bit in the remodel we might have something, but as they are they're a blight on the sanctity of our Warcraft.

You know I was just thinking how much absurdly easier Garrosh would be if the empowered whirling corruption was swapped with the empowered weapon or tank debuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dear Blizzard,
I would like celestials to drop tier pants for me this next week otherwise I will have to spend 8k gold on snow lily pants, and I really don't want to have to do that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ready for reset. I want to find more flex groups for my monk lady now that she's 532. And luckily I'm at the point where I can avoid certain LFR bosses since all I need is trinkets, which I'm goign to save my seals in flexes for.
Until the legendary pushes me back into LFR that is.

Idea for Garrisons: A pond. Where you can go out in the world and fish up two of a certain kind of fish then put them in there and they make babies. After a day(because magic water) it puts a bunch of that fish in your pond for you to fish up. Kinda like the farm.

JCizzle

I hope they add pet battles to the mobile app >. >

After playing my Lock some more, I'm starting to think it might be a possibility that caster DPS just isn't for me. Will take some more time to figure out though.

As for other melee specs I don't have much XP with, not sure if I like Feral or Rogue better. Ret I'm not sure how it stacks up, but I feel like I'd enjoy Prot more. Monk I'm still not particularly interested in.

Might focus on leveling both the Rogue and Druid next to compare, though the Rogue has a pretty big head start at 70 compared to 20-something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Monk tiers suck, so I had to be creative
pgmZgWh.jpg

edit: I don't know how it happened, but I found a Garrosh killing normal mode guild before Carbon. Just got asked to join and figured it would be somewhere that I could run normal mode with after I finish flex gearing. Talked to the officer, and he says he's going to try and get me in on a Normal Mode kill of Lost Protectors and likely Sha too. Apparently they're also going to try to help gear a warrior, so I'll be saving my seals for that. He said he'd like to take me past that, but that anything past Dark Shaman just requires a little more gear. So I'm essentially going to be getting a few normal mode carries if I'm lucky.

They're 1/14H, but they just started heroic progression. I'm just happy to get a chance at normal mode stuff. Get my dang wolf already.

Bought some gametime through the Blizz shop and the amount has been dedacted from my account but it has been queued for 30 minutes. Does it always take this long if you buy gametime through the shop?

Fjordson

Bought some gametime through the Blizz shop and the amount has been dedacted from my account but it has been queued for 30 minutes. Does it always take this long if you buy gametime through the shop?
Hmm. The official Blizzard shop? It's usually instant for me. I got disconnected last week because my time ran out so I got on the Blizzard store, bought 3 months of time and then was able to log back in seconds later.

Hmm. The official Blizzard shop? It's usually instant for me. I got disconnected last week because my time ran out so I got on the Blizzard store, bought 3 months of time and then was able to log back in seconds later.

It's active now, took a while though. usually it's instant so I was getting worried heh.

Khezu

I wish pet battles didn't have the weird thing that Pokemon has, where each one has like different genes and you have to capture the right one.

At least Pokemon you can like breed them to get them how you want, I think anyway.

Jag

I wish pet battles didn't have the weird thing that Pokemon has, where each one has like different genes and you have to capture the right one.

At least Pokemon you can like breed them to get them how you want, I think anyway.

I think they are adding breeding in MOP. It might be through Garrisons.

So my mount luck has been phenomenally good lately.

The only grindable things I'm really missing are the Azure Drake, the NuZG mounts and the Black War Mammoth.

Movin' on up!

Does that include all the Argent Tournament? And rep mounts (Netherwing, Skyguard, etc.)? Also, don't forget the normal mode Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle. And Alysrazor in Firelands.

You might already have all of those. Just reminding you in case you hadn't thought about some of those.

And lastly there's always the rare spawns: TLPD, Aeonaxx, Poseidus, and Mysterious Camel Figurines. Have fun!

Berordn

Does that include all the Argent Tournament? And rep mounts (Netherwing, Skyguard, etc.)? Also, don't forget the normal mode Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle. And Alysrazor in Firelands.

You might already have all of those. Just reminding you in case you hadn't thought about some of those.

And lastly there's always the rare spawns: TLPD, Aeonaxx, Poseidus, and Mysterious Camel Figurines. Have fun!

AT I'm always working toward, but I can never keep my attention on it for long. I'm about half done. SC and VP I'll hunker down and do hardcore some day but for now I'm just hitting them up on a whim. The monk does Alysrazor, but I could probably start running the paladin through it. He'd probably kill her before she lands in his current gear.

Rare spawns I'm never ever ever ever touching.

Khezu

I think they are adding breeding in MOP. It might be through Garrisons.

Oh that's nice, and it also looks like its going to let you get epic pets from it.

I think they should go one step further and add in that weird shiney stuff from Pokemon.
Have an absurdly low chance to get a pet with a unique skin. Just so if I ever got one I could sell it on the AH for stupid amounts of gold to crazy people.

AT I'm always working toward, but I can never keep my attention on it for long. I'm about half done. SC and VP I'll hunker down and do hardcore some day but for now I'm just hitting them up on a whim. The monk does Alysrazor, but I could probably start running the paladin through it. He'd probably kill her before she lands in his current gear.

Rare spawns I'm never ever ever ever touching.

Rare spawns are easier if you don't mind being really passive about it. Just use _npcscan, turn its alarm up, all other game audio down, and run the game in the background propped in a decent spawn location. They can still take a week or two to get lucky but you'll eventually get it if persistent. I got Aeonaxx after only about a week while I was in the middle of watching The Master when the alarm went off.

Oh, and forgot about Strat. Who doesn't love trying for Rivendare's Deathcharger?

Suppose you could add Huolon into the mix, too.

That covers most of the solo-able stuff.

Brawler's Guild mount, I suppose. I think you might already have that one.

Berordn

Rare spawns are easier if you don't mind being really passive about it. Just use _npcscan, turn its alarm up, all other game audio down, and run the game in the background propped in a decent spawn location. They can still take a week or two to get lucky but you'll eventually get it if persistent. I got Aeonaxx after only about a week while I was in the middle of watching The Master when the alarm went off.

Oh, and forgot about Strat. Who doesn't love trying for Rivendare's Deathcharger?

Suppose you could add Huolon into the mix, too.

That covers most of the solo-able stuff.

Brawler's Guild mount, I suppose. I think you might already have that one.

I've actually got those last three, Burly Mushan Beast is still one of my favorite mounts. Might try for Aeonaxx later on, but my CRZ cluster has a lot of mount whores.

Enosh

awww yes mage at 90, my fifth

those fucking 90 talents really are as annoying as everyone was saying :p
maybe with some more haste the evo will be done over with sooner...

Khezu

The most positive thing I can say about WoW pet battles is how fast and snappy they are.
The reason I don't play pokemon anymore is because of how long everything takes, it feels excruciating a lot of the time.

I don't hold this against Pokemon, this is more of a me problem then a problem with the game.

Tamanon

Banned
Trying to think of which class I'll boost to 90. I don't have a 90 mage(have an 80), hunter, or rogue. I'm thinking Hunter, just so I can have another pure ranged dps class.

Shahadan

The most positive thing I can say about WoW pet battles is how fast and snappy they are.
The reason I don't play pokemon anymore is because of how long everything takes, it feels excruciating a lot of the time.

I don't hold this against Pokemon, this is more of a me problem then a problem with the game.

Wow pet battles are slow as fuck. Pokemon battle were slow years ago and only if you didn't know you could speed up the process in the options. Wtf :lol:

Khezu

I don't mean match length, I haven't gotten to the hard trainers yet, so I don't know what that's like.

Mostly just the small things like animations and turns. It all goes by very fast. Older Pokemon games always felt like they dragged out the combat turns just a bit too much and it drove me crazy, even when the matches themselves were short. Though I think the random battle aspect made it more pronounced.

It's mostly just me not having a single ounce of patience and wanting to hits buttons as fast as I can.

Windam

Scaley member
So my mount luck has been phenomenally good lately.

The only grindable things I'm really missing are the Azure Drake, the NuZG mounts and the Black War Mammoth.

Movin' on up!

What UI mod is that? I use SpartanUI for my main, but it's such a huge change from the normal one I feel I won't get used to it. Yours is different yet close enough. :D

EDIT: Found it. Now to get it all set-up nicely...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate alts.

I hate the catchup game more specifically. I hate doing factions(even with commendations), professions, recipes, cloak portions, etc. It's just so much all at once.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Can someone send me a scroll of resurrection please! I am thinking of coming back for a month or too. PM me if you can, thanks!

Edit* Thanks Rokam!

mileS

"Season 15 PvP gear will use the same models as Season 14, but with the colors available to each faction switched."

BAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom