• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

LMAO.

All we needed was the lust in P3. One-shot Garrosh on the first pull tonight!!!!!

Heroics next week I suppose.

Grats on that!

We're stuck on 3/14 Heroics. We got Immerseus, Protectors, and Norushen down, but having huge issues on Galakras and Iron Juggernaut.

We just cannot not stand in shit lol.

Cheers.

Is it usual for groups to power through HC dungeons?
Had a group earlier who stomped through 3 HC dungeons in about 5 minutes. o.o

Very common, as is people dropping from long scenarios that suck, like A Little Patience. It's amazing that the game is measured in increments of 5 minutes these days.

Liha

Banned
Cheers.

Is it usual for groups to power through HC dungeons?
Had a group earlier who stomped through 3 HC dungeons in about 5 minutes. o.o

The dungeons are laughable with GS560+, this is the reason why Blizzard has developed the CM.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Quest log breadcrumb stuff:
mapUIChanges.jpg

I actually found this kind of annoying when playing at BlizzCon.

New/Old Character Model toggle:

JCizzle

I think they said they overshot the time needed from 85-90 at launch, so 90-100 should take less time. I hope this remains accurate.

Tamanon

Banned
Weren't there already breadcrumbs in Mists of Pandaria? I remember seeing the little exclamation points over hubs on the map that I hadn't visited/completed yet.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that
That means old models will continue to hold back armor designs.

What did you think was going to happen? The player shapes are not radically changed, it's essentially just the LOD slider getting a higher setting.

They were never going to do anything special with the armor besides new fabric movements.

Which were overblown imo anyway since they were just animated better, but didn't have actual physics.

Quest log breadcrumb stuff:

I actually found this kind of annoying when playing at BlizzCon.

What am I looking at here? I think the new thing is the top of the map you can now see what planet and zone you are on.

Considering there are now 3 planets, makes sense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I might boost a 90 rogue if they are changing the combo system

....That way my raid doesn't force me to gear offspec on my WW. I need to see more new race models though. Because a goblin rogue would be my ideal, but dat female orc in leather.

I might boost a 90 rogue if they are changing the combo system

....That way my raid doesn't force me to gear offspec on my WW. I need to see more new race models though. Because a goblin rogue would be my ideal, but dat female orc in leather.

I was pretty set on using the lvl 90 boost on a Night Elf Druid. Always wanted a Boomkin. But I've always wanted a Rogue as well. Changes to the combo point system would certainly push me towards a Rogue. Druids are easier to level then Rogues anyway.

Ahh I don't know.

Skab

While watchign some of the new gameplay vids, I just noticed Thrall is wearing Doomhammers armor again. About time.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
While watchign some of the new gameplay vids, I just noticed Thrall is wearing Doomhammers armor again. About time.

Concept art of him from WoD

Thrall_WoD.jpeg

Wish they'd just put him in all the armor so he and Orgrim are wearing it.

Thinking about Thrall they're being coy about the new Orc racial leader, I'm guessing it's gonna be Durotan or something.

This story is so fucked. If they can't pollute the timeline why wouldn't post WoD just be full of the good-Horde from Draenor?

So fucked. They're gonna try to put the timeline back to normal in alter-verse, but why do this after you get rid of your magical time travelling dragons?

StMeph

Got my first Skyshard today while wrapping up some Golden Lotus rep on my Lock for the tailoring leg enchants.

Not sure if worth actively farming 9 more...

I have 3, and it's a pain trying to get 7 more. Quit while you're ahead, unless you really want a Thundering Red Cloud Serpent.

Tamanon

Banned
I have....7 right now. At least getting Golden Lotus rep/Black Prince rep means any new 90s I use out there get a chance of getting them. I should be able to get to 10 by the time the expansion's over, at least just from rep-grinding different 90s.

How is that any different from right now other than the top of the screen?

I think this is the way it looks now whether or not you are actively tracking quests on your main log. Before it would have two sizes for the map you were on depending if objectives were being tracked or not. Now it looks like your quest log appears as a breadcrumb trail at the top sorted by zones and active objectives and no further resizing of the map is required. I presume this because it no longer says 'map' at the very top, but 'map & quest log'

I have....7 right now. At least getting Golden Lotus rep/Black Prince rep means any new 90s I use out there get a chance of getting them. I should be able to get to 10 by the time the expansion's over, at least just from rep-grinding different 90s.
I got three getting to exalted and then decided to just do the dailies every day at some point to farm the rest. I got four more relatively quickly (few weeks of dailies? I might have to look up my posts in the last OT to see where I talk about it). I then farmed the last three on days when it had quests to kill the little imp guys because they die quickly and spawn fairly quickly. Took something like six more hours of straight farming those guys to get my last three.

Your way sounds a lot better if you have alts. Since I don't play alts I just had to farm with my main.

Worst part is most people don't recognize the mount as rare or understand the effort required. It looks so similar to the other cloud serpents that it's largely ignored. I'm glad I have it and it was a step to my 200 mount achievement but in terms of showing off mounts it kind of sucks.

Fjordson

Got another Vyragosa kill today.

Getting the TLPD is hard as fuck with CRZ. I was expecting that, but it's even tougher than I imagined. Especially when you wait around all day and don't see any spawns. Doubt I'll be able to stick with this.

Getting the TLPD is hard as fuck with CRZ. I was expecting that, but it's even tougher than I imagined. Especially when you wait around all day and don't see any spawns. Doubt I'll be able to stick with this.

It's made me wish I spent more time before CRZ looking for it. My server pop was decently low... I just didn't have the patience. Now I don't have the patience to fight with other people over it.

Unless you actively have people trying to take your spawn camp spot CRZ doesn't change things much from how it would have been during Wrath. I did all of the rare spawn mounts during MoP without much issue. Occasionally had people come and try to take my spawn camp but they never lasted for that long and when you're a solid presence for days on end in one spot most people won't bother and just fly away. Probably helped that I always showed signs of life (/say, emotes, show off mounts) so people knew I was "around" and not afk typically.

Edit: Well, bet it sucks on pvp servers. So yeah, that'd be terrible.

Fjordson

Unless you actively have people trying to take your spawn camp spot CRZ doesn't change things much from how it would have been during Wrath. I did all of the rare spawn mounts during MoP without much issue. Occasionally had people come and try to take my spawn camp but they never lasted for that long and when you're a solid presence for days on end in one spot most people won't bother and just fly away. Probably helped that I always showed signs of life (/say, emotes, show off mounts) so people knew I was "around" and not afk typically.

Edit: Well, bet it sucks on pvp servers. So yeah, that'd be terrible.
Well it's not even PvP. It's just that because of competition the only way you're gonna get the kill is if it spawns on your spot. Your one spot out of four. And even if you do finally get a spawn it'll probably be Vyra. I see strategies online about camping spots that can intercept multiple flight paths and patrolling and all this, but none of that applies these days. TLPD / Vyra is never alive for more than a few seconds before someone downs it because all four spots are almost always being camped.

Like I said, I mostly expected it to be hard obviously, but I guess I didn't fully comprehend how lucky you have to be to not only get the spawn on your spot, but to also have it be TLPD instead of Vyra. Guess it's still a rare mount for a reason :lol

Edit: it also makes it near impossible to track spawns and get a read on any sort of timer because horde will kill Vyra and then skin her quick so no one knows she was up. You never know if it's been 10 minutes since a spawn or 10 hours.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I like mounts that are harder to get like the Challenge mode mounts or heroic raid stuff.

Getting lucky doesn't really motivate me to get a mount unless the mount also looks really cool, like the ultramarine battle tank.

Well it's not even PvP. It's just that because of competition the only way you're gonna get the kill is if it spawns on your spot. Your one spot out of four. And even if you do finally get a spawn it'll probably be Vyra. I see strategies online about camping spots that can intercept multiple flight paths and patrolling and all this, but none of that applies these days. TLPD / Vyra is never alive for more than a few seconds before someone downs it because all four spots are almost always being camped.

Like I said, I mostly expected it to be hard obviously, but I guess I didn't fully comprehend how lucky you have to be to not only get the spawn on your spot, but to also have it be TLPD instead of Vyra. Guess it's still a rare mount for a reason :lol
I had a bunch of Vyra kills to my name during my wait. I think six or maybe more? But yeah, generally it's about getting it when it spawns right on top of you.

But as mentioned I got my TLPD kill late at night (1am Pacific or so?) by missing it spawn on top of me while I was away and flying around to find it had flown all the way to the NW corner of the zone heading towards Valkyrion. So depending on the time of day CRZ isn't the end-all, be-all in factoring in for the kill. Some people will be afk, too. If you're lucky you can aim for one of the between spots that can catch many of the paths and nobody else will really be paying attention to their spawn camps.

Fjordson

I like mounts that are harder to get like the Challenge mode mounts or heroic raid stuff.

Getting lucky doesn't really motivate me to get a mount unless the mount also looks really cool, like the ultramarine battle tank.
I kinda like stuff like the TLPD being in the game. Stuff that isn't just "kill this boss 80 times until he drops his mount" for people who are willing to go out and try to get stuff like that. But yeah personally I don't know how long I can keep going for it.

I had a bunch of Vyra kills to my name during my wait. I think six or maybe more? But yeah, generally it's about getting it when it spawns right on top of you.

But as mentioned I got my TLPD kill late at night (1am Pacific or so?) by missing it spawn on top of me while I was away and flying around to find it had flown all the way to the NW corner of the zone heading towards Valkyrion. So depending on the time of day CRZ isn't the end-all, be-all in factoring in for the kill. Some people will be afk, too. If you're lucky you can aim for one of the between spots that can catch many of the paths and nobody else will really be paying attention to their spawn camps.
Interesting. I guess I'll keep trying for the immediate future, but I'm not sure I'm up for it long term. It's only been a week and I'm already frustrated :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to make an Engineering mount that shares the same model as the Mimmiron's Head but slightly different.

Because that's too cool of a concept to lock exclusively to a super rare drop in a pain in the ass raid

They need to make an Engineering mount that shares the same model as the Mimmiron's Head but slightly different.

Because that's too cool of a concept to lock exclusively to a super rare drop in a pain in the ass raid

Well, should be able to solo it geared with WoD stuff. Not sure about Flame Leviathan, though. Perhaps tweak that to make it so you can solo more easily but otherwise this and Invincible will become solo farmable I would think.

Rokam

Can't. Thorim and Ship require 2 bodies. And it's more of a time commitment issue than difficulty.

Thorim can be done solo by any pet class, or class with a speed boost and an ability that is placeable on the ground that lasts around 10ish seconds.

Ship is easily soloable on 10 man, just do all of ICC 10 on normal, then when you get to Lich King go outside and change it to 25 man.

Blarghhhh. Another Flex 3/4, another nothing (usable.)

And that's like the 4th or 5th time I've killed Garrosh where he's been eligible to drop heirlooms and nothing still. Only one person got one in my Flex this week. Gotta wonder what the exact drop-rate on those is. Guess it's low so you have something to farm for while waiting months for WoD. And it's really a shame you can't coin them.

Ultratech

Thorim can be done solo by any pet class, or class with a speed boost and an ability that is placeable on the ground that lasts around 10ish seconds.

Ship is easily soloable on 10 man, just do all of ICC 10 on normal, then when you get to Lich King go outside and change it to 25 man.

Yup. People have been getting around Thorim for a while.
I should go try it this weekend...

Ship you can solo, but I do remember it being wonky for the ship to show up.
But yeah, it's not hard.

Speaking of, I pretty much did that for ICC a month or two back; beat everything on 10, then switched to 25 for LK.
Then I messed up and got him to 1HP during the RP and he bugged out after Tirion hit him, giving me no loot.
(Funny enough, it got fixed in a hotfix just a day later.)

Also, we pulled this off on our mount run tonight:

So I've gotten into gold-farming a bit as a mindless task that's slightly more productive than Archaeology (at least more reliable and less soul-crushing) and it probably averages around 2.5k-3k an hour or so (haven't quantified it exactly) which isn't too bad. Would be more if I was doing the farming on a tailor and/or skinner (mainly tailor), but my tailors aren't geared enough for the for the extra cloth from the perk to be anywhere close to as efficient as just killing the shit much faster on my 560+ iLvl DK.

Tried the Krasarang spot and it's alright, but I think it favors ranged more and/or has been nerfed. The benefit of being there is you don't have to move around much. What's working better for me right now is a circuit on the Windward Isle. Not nearly as much competition for the area either.

I don't know if this was posted yet but I found this interesting.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11836963744?page=24#469

Ion Hazzikostas said:
To at least get everyone on the same page in terms of information, since a summary of a translated version of a translation of a few sentences in a single interview may not be the best foundation for a 24-page discussion, here's an overview of our current thinking:
  • We will have Normal and Heroic versions of our max-level dungeons. (Note that we did not have Normal level 90 dungeons in Mists.)
  • There will be no special requirement other than basic level/ilvl requirements on queuing for Normal dungeons or LFR.
  • Level-up quest gear will get you into Normal dungeons/scenarios, and Normal dungeon/scenario gear will get you into LFR.
  • Heroic dungeons will be more challenging than the Normal version (not brutally difficult, mind you -- just somewhat more demanding).
  • You will need a Silver Proving Grounds medal in a given role in order to queue for random matchmaking for a Heroic Warlords dungeon. If you form a premade group, you can zone in regardless and no such requirement applies.
In the past, challenging content and random matchmaking have often not gone so well together. Relying on item level does nothing to prevent a random group from getting, for example, a tank who may literally have never tanked before. Everyone has to learn somewhere, but we'd rather not have that learning come at other players' expense. One option would be to require a full premade group to do Heroic Dungeons, as we do with Heroic Scenarios, but that would present a very high barrier to entry (finding 4 other people with rigid role requirements is much harder than finding 2 other people with no role requirements). This solution represents a compromise in order to allow the content to see a broader reach via matchmaking, while minimizing frustration.

And yes, we realize that by formally using Proving Grounds as a qualification, it will be incumbent upon us to further refine their balance and mechanics. We'll be updating them for Warlords, and we're confident that we can make them a fair test of baseline ability within a given role.

I like this. It'll be interesting to see how this will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom