• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sub has the 'pleasure' of keeping both SnD AND Rupture up. >.>

At least they'll be removing the positioning requirements.

And this is why I'll never play Sub. If I wanted to play Sub I'd roll a cat, and then pound nails into my dick because I'd be a masochist to have to juggle that many things at once with an unreliable stream of combo points and energy starvation a thing.

MMmm, got LFR Gaze of Arrogance of Sha on the Lock from the coin roll. He really needed a weapon so that's great.

Unfortunately for some reason he didn't get a Sigil of Power which should be guaranteed. Was gonna try and move him onto the next step of the legendary quest before reset but with me getting no sigils out of the first four of SoO, I don't think it's worth it to try and push, even if it takes me another week overall. Really should've done my raids on him earlier but I couldn't be bothered. Oh well - not like I'm in a huge hurry on him.

Ultratech

I might post my transmogs later, though they're nothing too exciting.

Dark Simulacrum, please go away. I don't think I even have you on my bars any more you useless POS skill.

Other than that for DKs, probably Pestilence - just bake it into Blood Boil like the T1 talent lets you.

And um, Control Undead, while kinda neat, I don't think I've ever used.

Besides that maybe some reworking of Icy Touch/Blood Strike/Outbreak. Not sure how exactly I would handle it, since it could become very imbalanced, very quickly if not properly done. I like the option to glyph Icy Touch as a purge, but I don't think I've ever actually used that functionality.

The only other thing would possibly be merging Frost Strike and Death Coil, or making Frost Strike also function as a ranged attack (though this might currently be offset by Howling Blast being one).

Control Undead is pretty neat, but it kinda sucks in that there's only so much you use it on.
(Plague Scientists in ICC are awesome for instance.)
Dark Simulacrum sucks in that there's almost never any good reason to use it; especially in PvE. Neat concept, but poor execution.
Frost Strike doesn't really need to be ranged, since you got Icy Touch and Howling Blast. Glyphed Icy Touch is nice though, but situational.
I agree with Pestilence though. Might as well bake it in with Blood Boil or something else.

Fjordson

Well.. i just finish lvling my warlock... there goes my complete list of 90s :

My mage(thinking about switching to human once the new models are up since i have 2 dwarves)

My paladin

My shaman

My druid

My warrior

My latest one, the warlock(love the wings)

My hunter(because i had to at least get 1 Horde to 90)

Finally got my monk leveled up to 90 last night, that makes 3. I have a mage sitting at 85, but I can't remember how to play them at all, so he'll probably there awhile. I need to find better looking boots for the monk and a better looking shield for the pally...

J1vsGih.png
Grats Ryu!

So much great transmog. Ryuellie your monk looks awesome, and Bis your shaman and pally look especially bad ass.

I've been wanting to put together a sweet transmog set for my hunter (just using the stock tier look from SoO right now) but I've never found anything I really like. I'd love to get an awesome blue set, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of blue hunter gear out there.

Hmm at the rate I've been going should break the 200k gold mark tomorrow (or at least sometime this week). Almost 40k made this past week.

And that's without doing GDKPs (or other types of carries) which are easily some of the quickest gold you can make - how I made quite a bit of nest egg back in the ICC era.

Still not sure what I actually want to do with all my gold. Hitting cap might be a fun goal for WoD - probably too hard to get there this late in MoP with prices on everything deflated. It's certainly an interesting alternate objective when I'm out of raids to do for the week and don't feel much like leveling or gearing alts.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Should I just ignore it when I get kicked with barely any communication from the rest of the group? I mean, up till now I have been pretty good, but this is now like 3 times in a row.

I stumbled upon this and I'm just listening to the whole thing. WotLK is my favorite login theme and funnily enough WotLK was my favorite expansion pack. There's just so much power and finesse to it, which one is your favorite?

Hmm at the rate I've been going should break the 200k gold mark tomorrow (or at least sometime this week). Almost 40k made this past week.

And that's without doing GDKPs (or other types of carries) which are easily some of the quickest gold you can make - how I made quite a bit of nest egg back in the ICC era.

Still not sure what I actually want to do with all my gold. Hitting cap might be a fun goal for WoD - probably too hard to get there this late in MoP with prices on everything deflated. It's certainly an interesting alternate objective when I'm out of raids to do for the week and don't feel much like leveling or gearing alts.
Damn. The most I ever had was 30k. Looks like I'm going to need to read up on this stuff so I can make some cash.
I stumbled upon this and I'm just listening to the whole thing. WotLK is my favorite login theme and funnily enough WotLK was my favorite expansion pack. There's just so much power and finesse to it, which one is your favorite?
Mine is WotLK as well. I just love the lore of Arthas and the Scourge. I'm looking forward to WoD just because of Grom, Ner'zhul, and Gul'dan. Should be really cool.

Rokam

Whine time! I really hate these podcasts that spread misinformation as fact, without doing any research. Listening to Convert to Raid and they think LFR gear ilvl will be less than heroic dungeons. Yet they ignore that it was never said, in fact all Blizzard said is that since LFR would be out later, as opposed to H. Dungeons being out at the beginning. Not to mention Blizzard stated that the Challenge Mode daily would give LFR level gear. Had to ditch Legendary after Lore and MikeB left for the same reason.

So now that the whine is over, any recommendations for good podcasts.

Ugh got normal Garrosh to 7.7mill one attempt and 16mill another attempt. People keep thinking to just have the tanks tank the empowered whirling corruption adds on top of Garrosh but a few die from aoe and then destroy the tanks. There's also starting to be some massive tension with our run. We raid 10 man with another guild (5 people from each guild), and our side is starting to get really frustrated with some of the members of the other guild we raid with. Our problems were a resto druid kept dying from whirling corruption and one of our tanks kept running around trying to interrupt while tanking Garrosh and getting hit from behind.

Rokam

Ugh got normal Garrosh to 7.7mill one attempt and 16mill another attempt. People keep thinking to just have the tanks tank the empowered whirling corruption adds on top of Garrosh but a few die from aoe and then destroy the tanks. There's also starting to be some massive tension with our run. We raid 10 man with another guild (5 people from each guild), and our side is starting to get really frustrated with some of the members of the other guild we raid with. Our problems were a resto druid kept dying from whirling corruption and one of our tanks kept running around trying to interrupt while tanking Garrosh and getting hit from behind.

Why? Shouldn't the entire raid be on top of Garrosh for the MC anyways? Honestly if they're not up to par, I'd start looking to recruit and fill out your guild. Merges, for lack of a better term for your situation, rarely work out, and it'd be best not to burn out your raiders in your guild.

Why? Shouldn't the entire raid be on top of Garrosh for the MC anyways? Honestly if they're not up to par, I'd start looking to recruit and fill out your guild. Merges, for lack of a better term for your situation, rarely work out, and it'd be best not to burn out your raiders in your guild.

We're not really too together in phase 3 but he does it in phase 2 too before empowered MC's. Anyways it was someone else in the guild that noticed it not me. I was playing like crap for a lot of the run too.

Should I just ignore it when I get kicked with barely any communication from the rest of the group? I mean, up till now I have been pretty good, but this is now like 3 times in a row.

Some people are just impatient with newer players not knowing exactly what to do or where to go. It's understandable to be upset, but don't pay it much mind if you weren't doing anything egregiously wrong besides "low DPS" or some other BS excuse.

If you're US Horde I wouldn't mind partying with you - probably have a character in your level range or close enough that I could get there quickly.

Touchdown

Banned
Wooohooo! Just tamed Arcturis 1:10am Proudmoore server time. 3 hunters left 2 minutes after 1am but I stuck around a few more minutes. :D

ibqbtEYfUAFZ0M.gif

Enosh

Wooohooo! Just tamed Arcturis 1:10am Proudmoore server time. 3 hunters left 2 minutes after 1am but I stuck around a few more minutes. :D
a similar thing happened to me

camping Blackhoof since I need the horn for some CM pulls
warlocks shows up starts camping too, we both sit there for like 25-30 mins, then he just flies away, I guess he went "fuck that shit" 2 mins latter the rare spawns ^^

and he was in a better position too would have tagged it sooner than I could so thank you dear lock for giving up

Tarazet

Monks are better designed then most classes, so I don't think they have as much to worry about.

But ya, Tigers Palm is one I could see going, along with Spinning Fire Blossom.

Poor Skull Banner I will miss it.

Without Tiger Palm, there is no Fistweaving, though. I would nominate abilities like Healing Sphere (good as it was tanking Lei Shi), Clash, Energizing Brew, Spinning Fire Blossom like you said, Transcendence.. and on the Mistweaver side, Enveloping Mist which is pretty much never used once you have access to ReM.

StMeph

Reducing the abilities for each class doesn't mean totally doing away with some mechanics. Just moving some stuff that's necessary to be passive instead, and reduce the number of things used just for upkeep.

Had a pretty miserable week for Secrets. Three. Three!

This is going to take forever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Too bad I'm too cheap to buy a faction change. I was just thinking how badass a Troll DK would look with the ZG plate set, Zin'rokh, and the Fossilized raptor.

Slayerx

Ohhhhh, no more valor or justice points. They will try to further improve bonus rolls and make it so it doesn't roll the items you already have.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ohhhhh, no more valor or justice points. They will try to further improve bonus rolls and make it so it doesn't roll the items you already have.

What? So all our gear will have to come from dungeons, scenarios and raids? Nothing to buy from npcs? I doubt you'll be able to buy anything good with gold.

Robin64

http://www.pcgamesn.com/wow/blizzard-plan-strip-currency-systems-world-warcraft-raiding-warlords-draenor
We will probably get more and more info in the coming days from the press event they did. I hope they release the patch notes today, how long does it take to localise 14k words lol?

I like the part about a system in place to try and avoid duplicate drops. That should help immensely. I can only assume that gear upgrade will be gone too, then, as there is nothing to spend on that (unless they go for gold, in which case they have to find a suitable balance for those that are always broke and those that have billions)

Giggzy

Is there a website similar to a dressing room for WoW transmogs? I see so many cool transmogs but I have no idea where any of these items come from. It would be nice to see what I would look like with gear and know where to acquire it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I am so glad they're cutting back on moves, having ability bloat is frustrating. Especially when you look at an ability and ask what the hell is the point of this?

I foresee, Mirror Images being revamped completely so it isn't a DPS cool down but instead a utility cool down, otherwise they'd have to roll it into icy veins / arcane power.

Berordn

I foresee, Mirror Images being revamped completely so it isn't a DPS cool down but instead a utility cool down, otherwise they'd have to roll it into icy veins / arcane power.

I actually expect the opposite. Icy Veins/Arcane Power would probably have their effects rolled into MI for the appropriate specs. Mirror Images is a pretty iconic mage ability now, I don't think it's in danger of drastic change.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I actually expect the opposite. Icy Veins/Arcane Power would probably have their effects rolled into MI for the appropriate specs. Mirror Images is a pretty iconic mage ability now, I don't think it's in danger of drastic change.

I was originally thinking that as well but there is one issue, Mirror Image's are also a defensive cool down when doing certain pve content. An offensive ability rolled into a offensive/defensive ability seems like it would be counter intuitive to what blizzard is trying to accomplish.

I think they're just trying to make it so you don't feel the need to macro stuff together.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't like Rogues getting a shadow image of themselves. It's like Blizzard ran out of ideas and said, 'f it, just give them the inbetween of mirror image and storm, earth, and fire.'

http://www.pcgamesn.com/wow/blizzard-plan-strip-currency-systems-world-warcraft-raiding-warlords-draenor
We will probably get more and more info in the coming days from the press event they did. I hope they release the patch notes today, how long does it take to localise 14k words lol?

“The bonus rolls system that we have these days actually goes a long way towards helping counteract that.”

No, no it really doesn't.

At least reintroduce a way to get epic weapons that makes you raid-competitive. There was nothing more frustrating in this expansion than trying to crack 502 with a weapon with poor luck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather they kept bonus roll chances the way they are and increase your weekly allotment of seals
Or keep the allotment and increase chances for loot.

I'm glad they're trying to get rid of getting duplicates for personal loot.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
No, no it really doesn't.

At least reintroduce a way to get epic weapons that makes you raid-competitive. There was nothing more frustrating in this expansion than trying to crack 502 with a weapon with poor luck.

Fucking seriously, weapons have always felt far more important to a class than any other piece of gear yet they're 30 times more difficult to get. I basically gave up on my warrior alt because getting him 528 weapons felt like a waste of my time.

Berordn

I don't like Rogues getting a shadow image of themselves. It's like Blizzard ran out of ideas and said, 'f it, just give them the inbetween of mirror image and storm, earth, and fire.'

I dislike how the rogue design has been shifting more and more toward a ninja as of late too, but I guess they're running out of things to do with their old inspirations.

Wish they'd just make combat into a full-on pirate at this point. I'd jump mains so fast.

I dislike how the rogue design has been shifting more and more toward a ninja as of late too, but I guess they're running out of things to do with their old inspirations.

Wish they'd just make combat into a full-on pirate at this point. I'd jump mains so fast.

The last cool ability they gave rogues was Dismantle. Fact.
Well I guess leeching poison was p cool

Khezu

I'm now the 8,000th person in this thread to have gotten this mount.

Only took 2 tries, in fact yesterday was the first time I have ever actually set foot in the eye.

Now to continue trying to get Ony's mount even though I hate Drake mounts with a passion.

Dawg

I have been, but I just let my sub lapse. Never had an issue.

Yeah, I was just wondering if IPS is OK for playing a MMO. I've heard the screens have better colors, but are slower for gaming. But I've heard the newer ones are pretty much as good as TN.

Yeah, I was just wondering if IPS is OK for playing a MMO. I've heard the screens have better colors, but are slower for gaming. But I've heard the newer ones are pretty much as good as TN.

I've seen someone play on an Apple Cinema display which uses the same IPS panel as most of the Dell's, and the game looked really vibrant. I couldn't see any noticable ghosting or delay like people would have you believe. Should be fine for most games that aren't a first person shooter.

Mordeccai

So I finally got into a guild after needing the guild vendor heirlooms. Now I'm wondering what the fastest way to get guild rep is? This particular one is quite small with 25 members and it doesnt appear like they are online when I am, so grinding out heroics seems to be a no go with the guild.

I'm not so much interested in the guild and having people be online to socialize with as I am with getting the heirlooms. So I'm wondering how I can best kill two birds with one stone here.

My toon is a 90 mage and I have basically done nothing as far as rep, quest lines, raiding, what have you so my options are vast. I hear something about reputation with the Klaxxi being beneficial? Should I just go grind out Dread Wastes, turn in quests, gain Klaxxi rep and guild rep? Any dailies I should be doing? I've been to the Timeless Isle and opened up all the one time treasure chests and done a few of the quests, but nothing else.

Fjordson

I'm now the 8,000th person in this thread to have gotten this mount.

Only took 2 tries, in fact yesterday was the first time I have ever actually set foot in the eye.
0207_d54p.gif

I've been going in there for so long every week. Almost two years probably at this point =[ just did it again this morning and still no mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom