• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
0207_d54p.gif

I've been going in there for so long every week. Almost two years probably at this point =[ just did it again this morning and still no mount.

My room mate has been trying since the end of WotLK. Pretty sure if he read that guys post he would flip his desk...

So I finally got into a guild after needing the guild vendor heirlooms. Now I'm wondering what the fastest way to get guild rep is? This particular one is quite small with 25 members and it doesnt appear like they are online when I am, so grinding out heroics seems to be a no go with the guild.

I'm not so much interested in the guild and having people be online to socialize with as I am with getting the heirlooms. So I'm wondering how I can best kill two birds with one stone here.

My toon is a 90 mage and I have basically done nothing as far as rep, quest lines, raiding, what have you so my options are vast. I hear something about reputation with the Klaxxi being beneficial? Should I just go grind out Dread Wastes, turn in quests, gain Klaxxi rep and guild rep? Any dailies I should be doing? I've been to the Timeless Isle and opened up all the one time treasure chests and done a few of the quests, but nothing else.

There's a lot of quests you can still do on Isle of Thunder, should yield a fair amount of guild rep. Not sure if you can buy the guild tabard and banner but that also helps. I think if you're wearing the tabard you don't have to be in a guild group to get rep grinding heroics. Don't quote me on that I've never had to use it.

CassSept

Ashran has a lot of players taking part in the battle, but they are spread out so that performance doesn't suffer. Ashran has a fortress for each faction, as well as capture points spread around the outside of the zone that are beneficial to hold. There will likely be a larger central battle with other battles going on around the outer part of the zone.

How likely is it that they succeed? All their efforts in the past sooner or later devolved into zerging what's most important in the map and leaving the rest of the map to the few people who care about strats or playing it like it was intended.

Robin64

How likely is it that they succeed? All their efforts in the past sooner or later devolved into zerging what's most important in the map and leaving the rest of the map to the few people who care about strats or playing it like it was intended.

If the outside capture points do nothing other than shit like "5% extra damage" then nobody will care. But if they do awesome things like "Summon a world boss to fight on your side" then they'll matter.

And Blizz say that it should be 30 to 40 hours before you see any sign of a victory there, so hopefully that amount of time will give people plenty of things to try.

Crossed the 200k gold mark!

---

So I got more into using TSM. Very convenient for some things and I can see it saving a lot of time already (which is money friends, ofc), but I feel like a disaster could be one click away if you're not properly configured (and even if you are).

One problem I'm having is that I setup a function for enchants, but for some reason it thinks Sha Crystals are much more expensive than they actually are, ruining the ability to quickly post/manage/etc. the very lucrative bracer enchants (over 100g profit on avg.) So if I want to do those I have to calculate it by hand.

Another example of its failings is that it doesn't account for things like mystery orbs in some crafting costs, so it thinks I can make a Jeweled Onyx Panther for less than 10k to sell for a 55k profit, which just ruins some of the tables. Not to mention weird one-offs where someone has something up for an obscene price that messes with your data. I guess that's why you need a good set of groups and something like the TSM App or Undermine Journal data addon so you can get correct market prices. And there's always common sense.

If the outside capture points do nothing other than shit like "5% extra damage" then nobody will care. But if they do awesome things like "Summon a world boss to fight on your side" then they'll matter.

And Blizz say that it should be 30 to 40 hours before you see any sign of a victory there, so hopefully that amount of time will give people plenty of things to try.

Sounds like that awful PvP planet from SWTOR (Ilum I think it was called). People either exploited it or ignored it completely. It was nonsense...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Crossed the 200k gold mark!

---

So I got more into using TSM. Very convenient for some things and I can see it saving a lot of time already (which is money friends, ofc), but I feel like a disaster could be one click away if you're not properly configured (and even if you are).

One problem I'm having is that I setup a function for enchants, but for some reason it thinks Sha Crystals are much more expensive than they actually are, ruining the ability to quickly post/manage/etc. the very lucrative bracer enchants (over 100g profit on avg.) So if I want to do those I have to calculate it by hand.

Another example of its failings is that it doesn't account for things like mystery orbs in some crafting costs, so it thinks I can make a Jeweled Onyx Panther for less than 10k to sell for a 55k profit, which just ruins some of the tables. Not to mention weird one-offs where someone has something up for an obscene price that messes with your data. I guess that's why you need a good set of groups and something like the TSM App or Undermine Journal data addon so you can get correct market prices. And there's always common sense.

What is TSM?

Robin64

Sounds like that awful PvP planet from SWTOR (Ilum I think it was called). People either exploited it or ignored it completely. It was nonsense...

Well it's supposed to bring back how Alterac Valley used to feel. If you liked that back in the day, you should like this. On the other hand, if you weren't a fan I don't think Ashran will do much to convert you.

Acidote

I'm now the 8,000th person in this thread to have gotten this mount.

Only took 2 tries, in fact yesterday was the first time I have ever actually set foot in the eye.

Now to continue trying to get Ony's mount even though I hate Drake mounts with a passion.

Sometimes you're lucky. I got my Invincible the only time I went for Arthas because some pals needed help killing him. A few months after I got the mount I went to ICC to help another friend with the Shadowmourne quest and achievements started to pop for every boss and wing and people started to laugh through mumble because they knew I had the mount.

So in short, I got Invincible in one try.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe with Diablo pre-patch going out we can get a preorder on WoD soon.

There are so many older armor models that it isn't possible to go back and update them all. The team can use them as inspiration for new armor sets though.

Calling it now. Naxx 2.0 tier repeat.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Maybe with Diablo pre-patch going out we can get a preorder on WoD soon.

Calling it now. Naxx 2.0 tier repeat.

Honestly, i wouldn't mind, most of my favorite sets are T5, but they are so low res compared to T6 and above that new Tiers that look similar to them would be nice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So my raid leader wants me to try to get a Mistweaver set together for heroic fights that can't be 2 healed.
That's fine, but I hope he's not expecting me to do it through LFR as well as flex and normal offspec rolls.
9 hours for guild raiding
3 hours for flex 1-3(my flex group one shots everything except Garrosh)
3-5 hours for LFR ToT for cloak

That would put me at around 15 hours of raiding a week.
No.

Mogwai

So my raid leader wants me to try to get a Mistweaver set together for heroic fights that can't be 2 healed.
That's fine, but I hope he's not expecting me to do it through LFR as well as flex and normal offspec rolls.
9 hours for guild raiding
3 hours for flex 1-3(my flex group one shots everything except Garrosh)
3-5 hours for LFR ToT for cloak

That would put me at around 15 hours of raiding a week.
No.

Tell him this, specifically ;)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll just bring it up if he has any complaints about me not having it yet. He hasn't said anything about me needing it immediately, but it's like yeah.. I'm not stepping foot in LFR, sorry.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'll just bring it up if he has any complaints about me not having it yet. He hasn't said anything about me needing it immediately, but it's like yeah.. I'm not stepping foot in LFR, sorry.

Just do it through flex? Mistweaver isn't very gear intensive though, i've healed normal with 522s

Your mana regen all comes from mana tea and your first haste break point can be hit no problem.

Mistweaver for me is so much more fun than Windwalker, the only problem is since it has no absorbs or passive healing don't expect to be topping any meters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's the plan after I get all my flex upgrades for WW.

I'm just saying, if he tells me to do LFR to get gear I didn't get on flex, that's when I'll say noooo.

I'm now the 8,000th person in this thread to have gotten this mount.

Only took 2 tries, in fact yesterday was the first time I have ever actually set foot in the eye.

Now to continue trying to get Ony's mount even though I hate Drake mounts with a passion.

awrdqpB_460sa.gif

Congratz, I am still getting chest pieces

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That's the plan after I get all my flex upgrades for WW.

I'm just saying, if he tells me to do LFR to get gear I didn't get on flex, that's when I'll say noooo.

Yeah I'm with you on that.

Also while we're on the topic of mist weaver...I fucking hate enveloping mists

The heal is "strong" but it's still a HoT so it won't really save a tank which is what I figured the skill was for.

It's also the highest cost Chi ability which further makes using this ability awkward, it costs 3 chi which means it doesn't generate a stack of tea but it puts me in a weird position where I need to generate 1 more chi to get a stack of tea but then I need to generate another chi to actually get that stack unless I'm going to dump it on a tiger's palm.

If a tank is dying I'd rather just put soothing on them and spam surging mists on them. I guess the idea is for it to increase the healing of soothing by 30% which would give added healing while you're spamming surging mists to keep them alive, but soothing is rather weak as it is.

Basically this ability is weird, I don't really like it but I don't want it gone either I just hate using it!
it's nice having a second dot but it'd be cool if maybe it was a shield instead.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is there a good guide for mistweaving other than the typical icy veins stuff?

Not really that I've found, icy veins isn't particularly useful. Most of my mistweaver knowledge is self discovery and random posts on the internet / talking to other mistweavers.

Basically I've boiled it down to 10 rules.

1) Keep renewing mists, chi wave, expel harm off cool down
2) use soothing mists as filler
3) never hard cast surging mist / enveloping mist
4) dump your chi as soon as you get it as there is no point in hording it
5) use thunder focus brew to refresh all renewing mists to double the amount of people that can have RW on them.
6) fist weaving isn't necessary but useful for light incoming damage and very useful in 10 mans if you're lacking in DPS.
7) if you're going to fist weave watch the muscle memory buff, it doesn't stack and you never want to waste it.
8) If you take chi torpedo take celerity and use it as often as possible since it has no mana cost and is great group healing, alternatively if you take rushing jade wind use it as often as you can without it being a burden on your mana.
9) never glyph for mana tea, and chi brew is basically a mandatory talent.
10) revival is best used whenever it is necessary, same with cocoon.

Hope that helps.

Bisnic

What's the worst i can expect before a raiding mount decide to drop? I've been killing Kaelthas, Malygos, Onyxia and Attumen on almost all my (5-6 of them)90s for the past months, and I.STILL.DON'T.HAVE.THEIR.MOUNTS.

scoobs

What's the worst i can expect before a raiding mount decide to drop? I've been killing Kaelthas, Malygos, Onyxia and Attumen on almost all my (5-6 of them)90s for the past months, and I.STILL.DON'T.HAVE.THEIR.MOUNTS.

all 1%... luck of the draw. You'll eventually get em

Bisnic

It sucks that Onyxia and Malygos are a pain to kill on my shitty geared warrior because he lack ranged attacks. :( Not to mention Kaelthas lieutenants and their damn CCs, at least ranged classes can equip the legendary staff to get immune to them and my paladin can just use divine shield.

fuzzyset

With the new S15 i550 gear, what's the best way to earn Conquest quickly?

Well the Celestials on Timeless drop s15 armor, so get your one kill per week. They are faction tag, so it should be very easy on Tuesdays.

Isn't Arena the best way to get conquest otherwise though? For me, winning BGs is such a crap shoot. I still need to convince my friends to jump into arena (we all just ressubed).

Speaking of those, we're competent players. Hunter, rogue and disc priest. We each have like half 522 set. Will we get stomped?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yes but you will get enough shitty teams and no shows that you'll be fully geared quickly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It sucks that Onyxia and Malygos are a pain to kill on my shitty geared warrior because he lack ranged attacks. :( Not to mention Kaelthas lieutenants and their damn CCs, at least ranged classes can equip the legendary staff to get immune to them and my paladin can just use divine shield.

Bladestorm brah

I got my Raven Lord on like the 6th attempt of randomly trying that place hah. I'm a prick and use it instead of my flying mount everywhere since I don't have a cool flying one to show off.

Giggzy

Well the Celestials on Timeless drop s15 armor, so get your one kill per week. They are faction tag, so it should be very easy on Tuesdays.

Isn't Arena the best way to get conquest otherwise though? For me, winning BGs is such a crap shoot. I still need to convince my friends to jump into arena (we all just ressubed).

Speaking of those, we're competent players. Hunter, rogue and disc priest. We each have like half 522 set. Will we get stomped?

You might get stomped, but not too bad. The matchmaking system will find people around your skill level. You also get conquest points immediately after winning a match, where before I believe you wouldn't get your points until each week ended, and your points would depend on your rating.

So all you need to do is win 10 games to cap for the week, and then not play if you don't want to. I think ratings only allow you to have a higher cap on conquest points now. Nothing is locked behind ratings.

I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone will clarify :)

I can't recall if your warrior is horde or alliance. If alliance I don't mind going with you for a quick Onyxia kill. I don't need the mount so I won't be looking to roll. Besides, I got RPGCrazied his Onyxia on the first attempt!

Malygos I'd help but I need the blue drake still. Just got a second Azure Drake this week. Stupid dragon.

Berordn

I can't recall if your warrior is horde or alliance. If alliance I don't mind going with you for a quick Onyxia kill. I don't need the mount so I won't be looking to roll. Besides, I got RPGCrazied his Onyxia on the first attempt!

Malygos I'd help but I need the blue drake still. Just got a second Azure Drake this week. Stupid dragon.

please take the blue drake from me

it kills me seeing it go to waste every time D:

please take the blue drake from me

it kills me seeing it go to waste every time D:
If you need Azure we can go each week and then one of us will be happy when a mount drops.

Anyone that wants to do mount run stuff add me: LordWibble#1924

I don't mind helping on quick things and planning for longer stuff (meta achievements).

Laieon

Would anyone be willing to come help me get the Amani Battle Bear sometime? I'm not sure how solo-able ZA is these days, but better safe then sorry.

I'm alliance, my Battle.net account name is Ryuelli#1175.

Oh are we discussing our recent rare mount experiences?

:D

Nice! One of the few things from Archeology that I still need to get...

Would anyone be willing to come help me get the Amani Battle Bear sometime? I'm not sure how solo-able ZA is these days, but better safe then sorry.

I'm alliance, my Battle.net account name is Ryuelli#1175.

Nice! One of the few things from Archeology that I still need to get...
I'll add you and might be able to go through with you tonight. I have some plans and not sure how late I'll be.

RPGCrazied

Anyone else having this issue on the WoW forums? My character avatar is blank by my name. If I try and post I get a 500 Internal Server Error. By the reply box, the square that suppose to have your character avatar is black. I've tried 3 different browsers, no luck.

Fjordson

Oh are we discussing our recent rare mount experiences?

:D
Fuuuck. So jealous! Grats man. How many Tol'Vir solves did it take?

I've suspended my TLPD camping and my Qiraji Battle Tank grinding to get the Vitreous Stone Drake from Stonecore. Currently on run #97...

Fuuuck. So jealous! Grats man. How many Tol'Vir solves did it take?

I've suspended my TLPD camping and my Qiraji Battle Tank grinding to get the Vitreous Stone Drake from Stonecore. Currently on run #97...

Vitreous is my worst one. Took me 264 kills. Good luck! Vortex Pinnacle was around 112 kills and Rivendare around 68 (on this character. I imagine I had around 40+ kills across other characters in the past).

Ultratech

Warforged Tail-Tip, my life is complete.

Still need a helm though, hopefully Garrosh drops a token.

I've been trying to get the Evil Eye of Galakras on my DK for weeks now, and I still haven't gotten that damn thing to drop.
Pretty sure I've gotten at least 3-4 Helms and 2 Shoulders from him... :(

Hell, I just finally got my 4-piece set done last night for my Hunter after finally winning Tier Pants off Paragons last night. (My Hunter has shit luck on the Celestials; nothing but gold.)

Ugh, wipes on Garrosh tonight sub-10% in P3. Though I guess I shouldn't have too high expectations with our first kill being just last week - he's not exactly on farm yet. Although slightly different group of people. If we fail to kill him tomorrow however I will be a little upset. Hopefully it was just people being tired at the end of the night and a fresh start will be enough to get him in a few pulls at most.

Had a few issues with Siegecrafter and Paragons tonight too. Siegecrafter was a lot of me not being on my game with belts and having to be switched out after 2 attempts, and Paragons is usually a little messy anyway, but we had a somewhat hilarious insta-killeave that slaughtered nearly all the melee when the Korven tank died at one point. Berserk timer on Paragons is pretty generous though and can even be killed through enrage if you make it there, so we still downed them that attempt after an earlier wipe or two with some other unfortunate things happening.

Fjordson

Vitreous is my worst one. Took me 264 kills. Good luck! Vortex Pinnacle was around 112 kills and Rivendare around 68 (on this character. I imagine I had around 40+ kills across other characters in the past).
Daamn. I'm up to 104 now. It's not quite as maddening as some other mounts in that it only takes me about two minutes to get in and kill Slabhide, so that's at least something. Just have to keep at it I guess.

Khezu

For me when it comes to rare mounts and rare items in general, a lot of the time I don't really care much for them and ever really use them. I'm really in it for the feeling of finally getting it. It's the anticipation of looting a corpse and seeing if it's there or not.

I don't know, that's probably weird.
It's probably why I like Monster Hunter so much.

Dawg

Most rare thing I have is the SC2 CE pet. I'm not even sure it's that rare.

Never been a mount collector. Strange, since I'm a big pet collector. Maybe has to do with the fact a load of mounts have to be bought from vendors. And I'm the worst moneymaker guy on WoW. Have 20k and my main professions are JC and Engineering.

Still leveling my mining & BS alt but I feel like an alchemy and herbalism alt will be needed too for decent moneymaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom