• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rizzi

Remind me why I ever do pugs?
I died because the tank decided to pull too many mobs, and I'm the one who gets kicked. Awesome. I totally love waiting in 40 minute queues for this shit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I was healing Auchindoun on my lvl 94 holy paladin sooner, it was a pain.

I miss the holy paladin of MoP, the current one feel so nerfed with its lack of instant heals(other than Holy Shock). I need to spam Flash of Light a lot more than before since everything else is too slow in emergencies. =/

Mordeccai

Remind me why I ever do pugs?
I died because the tank decided to pull too many mobs, and I'm the one who gets kicked. Awesome. I totally love waiting in 40 minute queues for this shit.

pugs are indeed suffering. I got really upset and had to stop playing last night because I was carrying a group on my blood DK through heroic Auchindoun. Two of the members insisted we did an achievement on the third boss, we wipe two times because nobody CCs the imps.

They want to do it again, I type "we'll just wipe again lets do it normally."

Well lo and behold we get the achieve once I pop every CD I have and they CC imps. The two DPS type "fuck you tank" and "noob tank" and the like for a few seconds and then I'm kicked shortly after.

I miss the holy paladin of MoP, the current one feel so nerfed with its lack of instant heals(other than Holy Shock). Feels like i need to spam Flash Heal a lot more than before since everything else is too slow in emergencies. =/

I spam Flash a lot, too, but I think our mana pool is more designed for it now. I've noticed that even if shit goes south in a group, and I need to spam FoL on a fight, I can still keep my mana at a decent level. Very seldom do I actually go OOM.

Minion101

Banned
pugs are indeed suffering. I got really upset and had to stop playing last night because I was carrying a group on my blood DK through heroic Auchindoun. Two of the members insisted we did an achievement on the third boss, we wipe two times because nobody CCs the imps.

Well lo and behold we get the achieve once I pop every CD I have and they CC imps. The two DPS type "fuck you tank" and "noob tank" and the like for a few seconds and then I'm kicked shortly after.

I feel people boot a lot more now than they used to last I played (wrath). The last time I got booted was today when I started off-healing to save us from a wipe and was kicked for low dps.

Westlo

I nabbed a Scavenger 90 green follower via the Tavern, and fuck, it's amazing. I'm not hurting for GR at all anymore. Hundreds a day.

You can get this going really early on as well.

Build Inn Medium plot @ 92, complete Gorgrond‎ story missions and use that item to upgrade that to level 2 ASAP. 1 scavenger week 1, 2 the week after, 3 the next... even 60-70% chance of getting alot of GR isn't too shabby if you don't have the right counter.

Shits over lumber mill, especially for alts. Chug down dem 20% xp pots like nothing with them....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was kicked once... by accident. They were complaining about one of the DPS who was semi-afk/doing stupid things and then suddenly I get a kicked message.

Dresden

Thankful that I've avoided assholes like that so far. Heroic runs have been pretty damn smooth for me, but I'm bound to come across one eventually.

Ultratech

This made me feel bad after the fact.

6Il4WJV.jpg

For context, a Blood Elf lady is in this Arcane Crystal mine and she's going crazy with power, draining a lot of power from the crystals in the mine.

Not surprisingly, this is causing problems, so you're tasked with taking her down, and you loot that letter above after you kill her.

Rizzi

Fuck yeah, 35 minutes in a queue for one boss that doesn't even drop anything I need. Totally not a complete waste of time.

Kaper

I miss the holy paladin of MoP, the current one feel so nerfed with its lack of instant heals(other than Holy Shock). I need to spam Flash of Light a lot more than before since everything else is too slow in emergencies. =/

FoL and Stay of Execution are really the only two heals I use in dungeons. Everything else is garbage compared to them. I'd highly suggest talenting clemency (if you haven't already) and applying Hand of Sac liberally on tanks, it really helps. Finding trinkets with on use haste buffs are nice too.

Peachpies

FoL and Stay of Execution are really the only two heals I use in dungeons. Everything else is garbage compared to them. I'd highly suggest talenting clemency (if you haven't already) and applying Hand of Sac liberally on tanks, it really helps. Finding trinkets with on use haste buffs are nice too.
Holy prism is really great. Eternal Flame/word of glory and holy light with infusion of light proc also have the same cast time as a flash of light but without the high mana cost.

6Il4WJV.jpg

For context, a Blood Elf lady is in this Arcane Crystal mine and she's going crazy with power, draining a lot of power from the crystals in the mine.

Not surprisingly, this is causing problems, so you're tasked with taking her down, and you loot that letter above after you kill her.

Yeah that BE is an asshole but most of the BE are assholes even the ones in the Horde, the bad thing was the draenei guy kept the impression about BEs are not trustworthy

I bought the wrong cloak with Apexis Crystals, and you can only sell it back for money. Being out of 3000 Crystals, I wanted the damn things back. Submitted a ticket, waited three days, got back that they can't do it, and to quote the response, that "the developers have put in systems that allow these items to be refunded back to the vendors if noticed within enough time."

Except they didn't.

They fucking didn't.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I bought the wrong cloak with Apexis Crystals, and you can only sell it back for money. Being out of 3000 Crystals, I wanted the damn things back. Submitted a ticket, waited three days, got back that they can't do it, and to quote the response, that "the developers have put in systems that allow these items to be refunded back to the vendors if noticed within enough time."

Except they didn't.

They fucking didn't.
I think they give random stats when you buy them correct? Probably can't sell it back to avoid people just selling it back and buying it again until they get a super leet version.

I don't care about warforged or tertiary stats, but they need to not do it on crafted gear and vendor items. Esp PvP gear. I see that going away right quick. Just needs to be on drops.

Reminds me of upgrading PvP gear in mop. Why does blizzard never learn from their mistakes?

Apt101

I can get into paladin healing now I think. At level 100 it's OK. I took beacon of faith, I figure in most cases I'll use it on myself when the group is good, and a DPS who can't get out of the fire otherwise. I just don't have the gear for it outside of PvP though.

Peachpies

I think they give random stats when you buy them correct? Probably can't sell it back to avoid people just selling it back and buying it again until they get a super leet version.

I don't care about warforged or tertiary stats, but they need to not do it on crafted gear and vendor items. Esp PvP gear. I see that going away right quick. Just needs to be on drops.

Reminds me of upgrading PvP gear in mop. Why does blizzard never learn from their mistakes?
Apexis crystal items have set stats but they should have the 2 hour period where you can return them and get your crystals back like you could with valor gear.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Found a 630 weapon finally. It was the last slot to hit that item level and the difference between that and my 620 archeology weapon is something I could feel in a big way right off the bat. Feels so good to be using an axe again too. Really surprised at how much I'm loving Arms. It's grown on me a lot.

Apexis crystal items have set stats but they should have the 2 hour period where you can return them and get your crystals back like you could with valor gear.
Unless there was some sort of hotfix, there wasn't. I bought it, went "oh shit, wrong one," saw that I could only sell it for 33g or something, and then submitted a ticket.

Boogdud

6Il4WJV.jpg

Made you feel bad?? I laughed for like 15 minutes after that quest. Made me laugh harder than any other quest in WoD so far...

"Unfortunately I do not associate myself with any basket weavers..." damn, lol.

<-- terrible person

Apt101

Damn we have Ashran on farm tonight Eonar/Velen. I've killed the warlord like 7 times. Completed "kill the Horde leaders(sics) twice for 250 honor a pop. Upgraded another piece to 620/whatever it is in PvP. Just standing around soaking up honor. At this rate I'll have my ring and necklace upgraded in an hour as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so healing is harder and pugs are even worse / more obnoxious? good times :(

LiveWire

Any tips for learning how to tank?

I've played a mage my entire WoW career and am trying life on the other side. Had a bunch of levels from RAF left over and created an 80 warrior. Geared up with the best available gear for level on AH and set my specializations to Arms and Prot. Tried running one dungeon and died ten times (luckily the group was OP enough to handle without me)...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
People saying healing heroics are hard... what class and ilvl are you?

Lanrutcon

People saying healing heroics are hard... what class and ilvl are you?

There are a few encounters that are semi hard to PUG.

- Endboss of the Docks. If the tank or healer doesn't get into cover they pretty much die in seconds.
- Endboss of Skyreach. Tank positions incorrectly, dps doesn't kill adds. The encounter features an instakill, which is always fun when running with braindead folks.
- Grimrail Depot is a clusterfuck. All three bosses kill people who don't know what they're doing. The 2nd fight in particular is complete ass when the tank is new.
- Shadowmoon has that fun skeleton wall mechanic. Requires a bit of coordination. Like, a tiny tiny bit.
- Everbloom requires interrupts (joy) in the second fight. I've had that go way sour.
- Endboss of the new UBRS. Requires constant movement, almost. Lots of people finish their casts in the fire.

Personally? I hoped the Silver trial would weed out the hopeless, but it hasn't.

Kuntz

Man, Touch of Death is so good as a brewmaster.
People always wonder why the rare I just pulled is one shot before they can tap it.
Pull a pack in heroics -> bam one is dead right away.

Makes me want to try an all-monk instances run.
Yeah, my 10 year shaman is officially on the shelves now :(

Regarding Kaelynara, saddest quests/events for me are the frostfire veteran, the frostfire letter/collar in two parts and the nagrand lovers.

Livewire, learning how to tank is something I did while leveling, so you'll get better at it the more you tank, you'll learn from your mistakes, you'll know when to pop your defensive abilities depending on the boss/mob... Don't worry, it comes with time, gear is only a survivability bonus for now (I did all heroics with a minimum level party, everyone at ~610)

Tacitus_

However, there's a lot more shit to watch out for-- shit on the floor, shit from the boss, shit ON the shit, adds, etc, than there was than in MoP (it seems like). All of that shit also really hurts. Just today, running Grimrail, there's a trash mob that does this attack that is a stream of about 10k per hit, per second,, each second you stand in front of it. I have about 60k health as a healer, and I assume most DPS don't have too much more, so if you stand in front of it, you'll be dead in about 6 seconds. This is just trash, too. I have to heal the tank, I can't just heal you!

What the... how? Our priest has 230k hp and I don't think I've even seen anyone under 200k in heroics.

M.D

So... how are you guys liking this xpac? I've not played since it came out, only did the first 2 quests when you reach Draenor

Robin64

Personally? I hoped the Silver trial would weed out the hopeless, but it hasn't.

Silver Proving Grounds is just stupidly easy. You can breeze through it with about 8k DPS and still have around 15 seconds left per wave. Really don't see why they thought that would prepare people for Heroics.

Silver Proving Grounds is just stupidly easy. You can breeze through it with about 8k DPS and still have around 15 seconds left per wave. Really don't see why they thought that would prepare people for Heroics.

Should have been Gold, really. You don't learn much in terms of actual HC mechanics from Silver.

Apt101

662 iLvL in Ashran now, playing with the early morning crowd (sub 600 probably). I've never felt so OP. I beat a warlock and a hunter 2v1, healed, then killed a warrior that came leaping in. I've been farming mobs in the Arena of Annihilation, turning in 100 fragments for 200 honor for the quest for the whistle. All I have left to upgrade are my gauntlets and necklace. Oh, and the bonus quest for killing mobs there grants 625 honor.

Top Bottom