• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
lol I just saw they rerereverted the personal loot thing so that it's back to being default personal loot.

Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard takes feedback for longer than 3 minutes before making a decision.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Anyone bought gold recently? What's the scene like nowadays?

If you're saying you had 40 active players during Naxx, you're probably lying.

I had 40 active players during Naxx. More actually.

lol I just saw they rerereverted the personal loot thing so that it's back to being default personal loot.

Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard takes feedback for longer than 3 minutes before making a decision.

guaranteed drop off final boss now

Dawg

So... I'm doing about ~10K DPS with my arms warrior at ilvl 600 in normal dungeons.

Is that bad? FYI: I've never played a warrior end-game before. I used to be a hardcore rogue so all of this is still new to me. I'm assuming the DPS is very gear based?

I really like the spec though, but there are moments when you're low on rage and you feel the combat is a bit slow. Probably because most rage comes from auto attack now.

Tacitus_

So... I'm doing about ~10K DPS with my arms warrior at ilvl 600 in normal dungeons.

Is that bad? FYI: I've never played a warrior end-game before. I used to be a hardcore rogue so all of this is still new to me. I'm assuming the DPS is very gear based?

I really like the spec though, but there are moments when you're low on rage and you feel the combat is a bit slow. Probably because most rage comes from auto attack now.

Absolutely fine at ilvl 600. You'd do well in heroics with that number already.

Single target I assume? I think for your gear level that's fine. Not too sure about where Arms is placing at in general. In my 626 Ret set, I can finish at about 17-18k on bosses.

I think once you get some gear and get more used to the ins and outs of your spec you'll get up there.

TheYanger said:
With the old loot system you'd get stuff you couldn't even use.
Yeah. Getting no loot is a bummer, but when you see an Agi 2H wep that rolls Warforged and with a socket, and nobody in the group can use it, you get straight-up pissed.

Has anyone seen any Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on Warlords of Draenor? Might consider picking it up and trying it out if I find a deal worthwhile.

Robin64

Single target I assume? I think for your gear level that's fine. Not too sure about where Arms is placing at in general. In my 626 Ret set, I can finish at about 17-18k on bosses.

What are you doing unbuffed against target dummies? I'm a 621 ret, so a comparison would be nice.

Boogdud

When the only time I get loot is from the last boss, and it's shit that is useless to me, I get pissed.

I'd hate to see you after wading through dozens of dungeons, seeing nothing but loot for other classes/specs drop only to have a great item for you finally drop and some off spec (or completely wrong class) decides to roll need on it and win.

Bizazedo

So I got back into this "late" (4 whole days!) and am ilvl 605, 610, something like that. I've always preferred Arms Warrior, but friends have been talking about how awesome Gladiator Prot is.

I tried it....it's fun. I don't like how short the range is on Shield Charge, makes it feel just like a brief self-buff instead, which is irritating, but I do feel tough.

I still want Arms, though :(.

Is Arms crap / out of date now?

Rizzi

I'd hate to see you after wading through dozens of dungeons, seeing nothing but loot for other classes/specs drop only to have a great item for you finally drop and some off spec (or completely wrong class) decides to roll need on it and win.

I quit playing for like six months during MoP because of this, so..

Draxal

Yeah but MOST of it has changed in ways that only made the game deeper. I was there in those days, I did MC before CTRA existed, the first raid frame mod was simply called RaidBar and it was basic as dirt. That said...you don't NEED any mods for that stuff. The bosses have like 2 mechanics apiece and one of them is a dispel spam (On every single boss). We had 1 decurse per group, and just called 'decurse' every time the curses cast. Mages/druids would handle their 5 for 5 GCDs and resume whatever else.

Vael? Do DPS rotation, run out with burning adrenaline. That was it. It was hard because people were bad, not because it was challenging.

Playing most of the classes as dps consisted of spamming your best spell. Playing a rogue was MARGINALLY more complex - the first class in the game with an actual rotation!!!
BSx3 SND BSx5 SND, BSx5 Eviscerate. Such mechanics. Much complex. This was ye olde 3-5-5 rotation.

Don't get me wrong, I would do it and it'd be neat, but the simple truth is if my guild had to suddenly go back to all blues and do BWL (IE: undergeared) we absolutely could and would with no trouble at all. I wouldnt' be shocked if we one shot all of the bosses (Ony cloaks aside, obviously).

Wow was a totally different place than time.

Vael had issues with buggy cleaves, and you had to enough geared tanks, and gearing in vanilla was impossible.

Threat was a much bigger issue in those days when its pretty much nonexistent now (except for some tank transitions if the tanks aren't used to each other).

The actual raid mechanics are ten times harder now, but the logistics of raiding (class composition was nowhere closely as balanced plus all the pots you needed to farm up) and gearing up raiders was much harder back then.

What are you doing unbuffed against target dummies? I'm a 621 ret, so a comparison would be nice.
I haven't done entirely unbuffed and don't really know exactly what kind of break down you'd be looking for, but IIRC, with just my Mastery buff, I can burst w/ CDs about 18-19k single target on a dummy, averaging at around 12-13k over time. I'd never played Ret before Friday and hadn't played a DPS in something like 5 years, so I have no clue how I'm doing in relation to other Ret pallies, or if I'm doing particularly well for my gear level.

Draxal

Who can forget running Maraudon to get nature resist gear.

Had to farm venom sacs in Duskwood with the Alterac Valley frost ammo + buy a Hurricane for Viscidius.

The game is in a much better place now, and the actual hard content of raiding is the raiding itself.

Robin64

I haven't done entirely unbuffed and don't really know exactly what kind of break down you'd be looking for, but IIRC, with just my Mastery buff, I can burst w/ CDs about 18-19k single target on a dummy, averaging at around 12-13k over time. I'd never played Ret before Friday and hadn't played a DPS in something like 5 years, so I have no clue how I'm doing in relation to other Ret pallies, or if I'm doing particularly well for my gear level.

Ah okay, cool, we seem to be in the same ballpark.

I will say, a lot of the ret style is really proc heavy. Sometimes I get a whole bunch of free Templar's Verdicts in a row and other times I can go for ages without seeing a single one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I haven't played a mage since BC, so I'm reading up on them, and I have one question. Is Frost Bomb a single target dps gain? I would have thought no, but some sites seem to apply it is as long as you have the fingers procs for it? I thought it just added aoe to your single target finger lances.

Godan

So hit 100 yesterday for the first time and got a ilevel of 600. What should I be looking to do now?

Should I just try and get my ilevel up so I can get into heroics now and get my garrison stuff to level 3 too?

So hit 100 yesterday for the first time and got a ilevel of 600. What should I be looking to do now?

Should I just try and get my ilevel up so I can get into heroics now and get my garrison stuff to level 3 too?

You can probably get close to 610 if you complete everything in Nagrand, helps if you build a War Mill/Dwarven Bunker before questing there for the increased chance at quest reward upgrades.

Don't forget to do the daily Apexis crystal quest and start your legendary questline.

Godan

You can probably get close to 610 if you complete everything in Nagrand, helps if you build a War Mill/Dwarven Bunker before questing there for the increased chance at quest reward upgrades.

Don't forget to do the daily Apexis crystal quest and start your legendary questline.

I only done a few quests in Nagrand before hitting 100 so would have a good bit left to do there.

Where is it I find the daily quests?

I think I did a legendary quest too where I got a ring in skyreach and gave it too khadgar which i got a 640 ring from. So the quests which he gives after this are the legendary stuff?

Hixx

Finish Nagrand, do the proving grounds for the weapon (very, very easy as DPS), do Skyreach for the legendary quest and you should be 610 for heroics no problem.

mileS

Barrage in the new instances is scary. It's so good but I feel like such a noob when I accidentally pull more because of the massive range and how buggy it can be sometimes. Maybe ill get in the habit of flanking packs of mobs so I can't pull more than I should.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Barrage in the new instances is scary. It's so good but I feel like such a noob when I accidentally pull more because of the massive range and how buggy it can be sometimes. Maybe ill get in the habit of flanking packs of mobs so I can't pull more than I should.

Just remove it from your bindings when you do MC.

Bizazedo

Threat was a much bigger issue in those days when its pretty much nonexistent now (except for some tank transitions if the tanks aren't used to each other).

I kind of miss those days, though, when threat was an issue.

I haven't tanked in WoD, will tonight maybe, but yeah....

That and still need to find out if Arms War is a bad idea or if Gladiator is the new shit.

I only done a few quests in Nagrand before hitting 100 so would have a good bit left to do there.

Where is it I find the daily quests?

I think I did a legendary quest too where I got a ring in skyreach and gave it too khadgar which i got a 640 ring from. So the quests which he gives after this are the legendary stuff?

The daily I mentioned can be found inside your Garrison town-hall, that quest you did for the 640 ring is part of the longer legendary questline, next step sends you into heroics and rewards you a 680 epic ring.

When the only time I get loot is from the last boss, and it's shit that is useless to me, I get pissed.

Try running Black Morass 37 times for no other reason than the shitty OH that either won't drop or that you keep losing to tanks and offspec.

I promise you this system is better in the short and long run. I would have never had this much loot before.

Ah okay, cool, we seem to be in the same ballpark.

I will say, a lot of the ret style is really proc heavy. Sometimes I get a whole bunch of free Templar's Verdicts in a row and other times I can go for ages without seeing a single one.

Yeah, it's kinda frustrating. Some AoE pulls, I blow up to about 30k+ (I've done as high as 45k on some pulls though), and then on others I'm barely scraping 20k because free Divine Storms won't proc.

Lanrutcon

Yeah, it's kinda frustrating. Some AoE pulls, I blow up to about 30k+ (I've done as high as 45k on some pulls though), and then on others I'm barely scraping 20k because free Divine Storms won't proc.

Try playing a Warlock some time. Oh? what's that? I'm not getting enough crits to generate embers and the fucking tank is doing more damage than me?

Awesome.

Godan

The daily I mentioned can be found inside your Garrison town-hall, that quest you did for the 640 ring is part of the longer legendary questline, next step sends you into heroics and rewards you a 680 epic ring.

Yeah would have picked up the daily quest then as I had a bunch on quests when I got into my garrison after hitting 100 and just took them all.

Finally got my level 3 garrison.
... Now I have no resources. Shit.
The struggle is real :( LM and TP can alleviate it though.

Try playing a Warlock some time. Oh? what's that? I'm not getting enough crits to generate embers and the fucking tank is doing more damage than me?

Awesome.
Tanks in general seem to do a lot of damage right now, prot wars in particular. It's not uncommon for our main tank to beat one or two DPS on trash pulls, and sit firmly at 10-12k on a boss fight.

StayDead

Had to farm venom sacs in Duskwood with the Alterac Valley frost ammo + buy a Hurricane for Viscidius.

The game is in a much better place now, and the actual hard content of raiding is the raiding itself.

I must be the only person who enjoyed the stuff you needed to do outside of raiding to raid.

I farmed for weeks to get Stamina gear for my Mage to tank High King Maulgarr and since I started late I was mid farming shadow res gear for Mother when TBC ended.

StMeph

Camped Poundfist for about 7 hours yesterday after reading about the initial sightings on EU and NA servers, but no spawn.

Got my ilevel to 630 over the weekend, and now qualify for CMs. Is the daily chest only a chance at 640s, or is the ilevel 640 item guaranteed?

Dawg

Absolutely fine at ilvl 600. You'd do well in heroics with that number already.

I think once you get some gear and get more used to the ins and outs of your spec you'll get up there.

Yeah. Getting no loot is a bummer, but when you see an Agi 2H wep that rolls Warforged and with a socket, and nobody in the group can use it, you get straight-up pissed.

Thanks.

Now I feel better :p

StMeph

Finally got my level 3 garrison.
... Now I have no resources. Shit.

Trading Post + Lumber Mill for your medium buildings, guaranteed 50 resources / hour.

That's all fine and good, but running a follower with the Scavenger ability has probably been the biggest source of Garrison resource for me personally. Work Orders just take way too long.

With Scavenger, a follower earns 3x whatever the normal resources are for the mission. So if you are equal to or higher than the quest, you can usually get 50% or better success rate. Even slightly lower in the 30-40% is still worthwhile, but not as big of a difference. 50% of 3x is vastly better than 100% of 1x. At level 100, you earn 300 resource. Lower level missions that normally pay 30-40ish give 100+.

If you don't have a Scavenger or two, a level 2 Inn/Tavern will allow you to recruit a follower with a specific trait 1/week. Get a Scavenger. Level the guy. Roll in resource.

Tanks in general seem to do a lot of damage right now, prot wars in particular. It's not uncommon for our main tank to beat one or two DPS on trash pulls, and sit firmly at 10-12k on a boss fight.

The current barometer for me to determine if the DPS we have in group is decent or not is if they have higher DPS than I do as a Blood DK. So far there's only been a single Heroic where all of the DPS have been higher. Usually there are 1-2 stragglers, but I imagine it would be much worse without PG Silver.

Jarnet87

Not sure if I want to stick to Brewmaster on my Monk or switch to Mistweaver. Have read mixed things about both of the specs right now.

Robin64

Garrison addicts should check out Master Plan.

• Shows the number of followers, number of bonus XP, and if each threat can be countered or not.
  • Mousing over a threat shows which followers can counter it. If a follower that can counter it is on a mission, the time until they are back is displayed.
  • The followers list displays how many followers you have that can counter each ability, allowing you to see which ones you are missing or have too many of at a glance.
mpAddon04.jpg

mpAddon03.jpg

Godan

Not sure if I want to stick to Brewmaster on my Monk or switch to Mistweaver. Have read mixed things about both of the specs right now.

If you watch towelliee's stream he said they are going to do some good things for Brewmasters soon. Think he asked one of the dev's at blizzcon.

Top Bottom