• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Karl Hawk

Banned
Blood elves models will be shown tomorrow!

Hyped.

Hyped!

No hype, Blood Elves suck.

You shut your whore mouth!

jk

Anyways, I'm gonna wager that RNGesus likes to taunt me sometimes. I managed to get ilvl 630 bracers, yet in all my HC runs that I did for today, I've yet to get ilvl 630 boots.

In fact, one of my runs gave HC warforged shoulders. ._.

I just want to get to 630. I'm only 3 ilvls away. ;_;

ampere

I'm not even a mount collector, and I hate riding huge mounts that can't fit in doorways. I'm not sure why I want it so much to be honest. I think its mostly the thrill of being the first group on the server to down him.

I am a mount collector ;x. It's a sickness, I killed Huolon hundreds of times to get him

Blood elves models will be shown tomorrow!

Hyped.

omg! Exciting. I hope they are like the Draenei update, faithful and just higher res with better animations.

Do you never do LFG? Almost every time I find people like this.

The crappy thing with not having much time to play is my entire guild has outgeared me. I'm still around 600 ilvl, and in a Normal Skyreach a dps and the healer were just going at it, all the way up through the final boss. I just don't get the animosity sometimes.

I do LFG a decent bit, though mostly guild groups. Have done LFG a ton over the years. I'm always tanking and I know what I'm doing, so maybe that's why? Not really much for people to yell about. I can see if a group is wiping or having issues maybe tempers would flare

No hype, Blood Elves suck.

no u

Bush chicken!
http://cdn.warcraftpets.com/images/pets/big/bush-chicken.v8814.jpg[IMG]

Comes from the Pilgrim's Bounty bag when you do the dailies.

[URL="http://www.wowhead.com/news=244668/pilgrims-bounty-2014-guide-november-24-december-1"]Actually, here's the whole guide since it starts today.[/URL] There's a new toy too.[/QUOTE]

Wonder what the drop rate is for the pet and the toy. Might do the daily on a few toons to be safe.

cdyhybrid

How did you get the artifacts for mining so fast?

I played a lot on release and hit 100 really fast, which allowed me to upgrade my mine to level 2 faster, so I had more nodes to mine. I also have two alts with mines, but I dunno if those count towards the achievement.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if there are going to be any Black Friday deals for the base game? I want to get back into the game since I've heard a lot of good things about the latest expansion, but I'm going to have to level up a character from zero so I'm looking for deals on the base game rather than on the expansion.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The addons MMO-Champ linked today for garrison missions are super awesome. They almost trivilize them for me, but in a good way. I was sick of sorting through all my followers trying to figure out which missions I could do and who was best to send where.

Got my first seal of tempered fate because of it.

Does anyone know if there are going to be any Black Friday deals for the base game? I want to get back into the game since I've heard a lot of good things about the latest expansion, but I'm going to have to level up a character from zero so I'm looking for deals on the base game rather than on the expansion.

The expansion comes with 1 free level 90 character.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wait, really? I thought that was only a pre-order bonus?

The free 90 boost is part of the base package, has nothing to do with pre-order or CE or anything else.

Fjordson

The addons MMO-Champ linked today for garrison missions are super awesome. They almost trivilize them for me, but in a good way. I was sick of sorting through all my followers trying to figure out which missions I could do and who was best to send where.

Got my first seal of tempered fate because of it.
Oh man, totally agree. Will look into this when I get home. Thanks.

Wait, really? I thought that was only a pre-order bonus?
Nah. Buy WoD and you get the boost.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The free 90 boost is part of the base package, has nothing to do with pre-order or CE or anything else.

Ohhhhh. Well that changes things then... Maybe I should read up on the classes to see which one I would want to boost. I used to play a Shaman back in the day but my brother is using my account and I always felt like Shamans were underpowered (jack of all trades, master of none).

Mothman91

I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between all the 'missions'
Haha yup, my same thought.

Ohhhhh. Well that changes things then... Maybe I should read up on the classes to see which one I would want to boost. I used to play a Shaman back in the day but my brother is using my account and I always felt like Shamans were underpowered (jack of all trades, master of none).
Right now Shamans are really lacking from what I'm hearing. Both of their DPS specs are bottom of the barrel but I think their healing is pretty good.

Apt101

Ever been up late, tired, running a heroic or raid, not even looking at chat. You glance over and noticed a few party members have been arguing viciously for the entire run. I don't kno where people find the energy to care enough to argue about the game, in-game no less.

cdyhybrid

Finally got the belt token to finish the set! Think I'll go tabard-less now.

H2s3mZK.jpg

Fjordson

Finally got the belt token to finish the set! Think I'll go tabard-less now.
Wow, grats man! Looks awesome.

Iron Horde scraps are still confusing to me. In all of my time playing so far I think I've gotten 9 of them lol...and the spot you and someone else posted in here last week has been nerfed =[

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Right now Shamans are really lacking from what I'm hearing. Both of their DPS specs are bottom of the barrel but I think their healing is pretty good.

I'm not surprised. I played an Enhancement Shaman for ~2 years and they just got weaker and weaker over time. I then switched to Elemental, which I also found underwhelming. Having to manage stationary totems sort of puts a damper on the Shaman playstyle, since it chains you to a piece of ground where all your buffs reside.

cdyhybrid

Wow, grats man! Looks awesome.

Iron Horde scraps are still confusing to me. In all of my time playing so far I think I've gotten 9 of them lol...and the spot you and someone else posted in here last week has been nerfed =[

Thanks! Yeah, I think the fastest way is to just chain Heroics now. There might be some decent farm spots out in the wild, but they won't be anywhere near that one spot. Glad I hammered out my set before they nerfed it :p

Still deciding whether I should go back to the Blackrock helm or stick with the MC Crown.

I always used to like maxing every profession with alts, but there just doesn't seem to be much of a reason to do it now with how the garrison works. Not interested in having to get everyone to 92/96 to daily farm mine/garden to supply work orders that only give slightly higher yields, on bop mats that can't traded around.

Fjordson

Thanks! Yeah, I think the fastest way is to just chain Heroics now. There might be some decent farm spots out in the wild, but they won't be anywhere near that one spot. Glad I hammered out my set before they nerfed it :p

Still deciding whether I should go back to the Blackrock helm or stick with the MC Crown.
Ah, that makes sense. I haven't been in heroics yet so hopefully I get some there.

And I would stick with the MC crown imo. It's a nice touch with the rest of the set.

Dresden

Shaman were pretty damn good in MOP, right? Skipped that xpac for the most part but that's what I've been told, anyways. Watching them be gutted in beta and now out of it has been pretty depressing, though. I'd stick with them but I just don't like how enh plays now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I always used to like maxing every profession with alts, but there just doesn't seem to be much of a reason to do it now with how the garrison works. Not interested in having to get everyone to 92/96 to daily farm mine/garden to supply work orders that only give slightly higher yields, on bop mats that can't traded around.

Yeah, honestly I am pretty unhappy with how professions work in WoD pretty much entirely. It's all gated behind daily/work order stuff, and ore itself is virtually useless for anything other than work orders. It just doesn't feel right not being able to collect a bunch of ore and grind out some gear.

ampere

Shaman were pretty damn good in MOP, right? Skipped that xpac for the most part but that's what I've been told, anyways. Watching them be gutted in beta and now out of it has been pretty depressing, though. I'd stick with them but I just don't like how enh plays now.

Yeah Shamans were good in MoP. And honestly Ele is a bit low right now, but they'll probably bring them up.

If you don't enjoy how a spec plays that's another story though. I'll probably keep my Shaman as an active alt and heal/dps with it a bit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's the achievement called, that you need in order to get lvl 3 Frostmine?

Rrang129

Elemental does seem pretty weak at the moment... They seem to want to buff Lava Burst over and over again to fix it... Maybe something like have Lightning Bolt / Lava Burst have a chance to cause Earthquake, or something. Survivability seems really crappy too, but maybe that's just a gear issue? At least there is a cool lightning strike when Earth Shock is used, haha :)

Resto, on the other hand, is pretty fun. Definitely the strongest of the three shaman specs at the moment.

I stopped playing enhancement since they switched it from TBC - I really liked having strength and spamming StormStrike / Earth Shock, but I'm probably in the minority.

Dresden

Yeah Shamans were good in MoP. And honestly Ele is a bit low right now, but they'll probably bring them up.

If you don't enjoy how a spec plays that's another story though. I'll probably keep my Shaman as an active alt and heal/dps with it a bit.

Yeah, not worried about numbers either. The warcraft dev twitter mentioned something about it, too, so they'll see some tuning before December.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't remember what it's called but you need to loot 500 Draenic Stone. It shows up in the profession achievement tab not the garrison one.
Oh! Apparently I have close to 400 of'em so I should have lvl 3 soon enough as well :D

Anoregon

Elemental does seem pretty weak at the moment... They seem to want to buff Lava Burst over and over again to fix it...

Lava burst just flat-out needs to do more damage. It was nerfed horrendously a while back and is now just sad. It's damage (assuming flame shock on the target, obviously) is between a regular lightning bolt and a crit lightning bolt. It should do at least as much damage as a lightning bolt crit.

Earthquake is another story. Some people hate it, I don't really mind it and am totally fine with the AoE rotation using both chain lightning and EQ, but the fact that no one other than the caster can see it and it's (relatively) small radius make it way more bothersome to use effectively in dungeons and raids than it should be.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Say what you want about Paladin's Tier 17 set, but I really like the look of the heroic armor set despite the fact it's a recolored version of the normal armor set.

cdyhybrid

Ah, that makes sense. I haven't been in heroics yet so hopefully I get some there.

And I would stick with the MC crown imo. It's a nice touch with the rest of the set.

From the launch thread:

Yesssss, just finished farming iron horde scraps. In my opinion, heroics are pretty bad for getting them. I found the best place for farming them is either the Orunai Coast in Talador, or the iron horde encampment that is in the north of Talador.

Yoshichan

Just got this warforged trinket for my resto druid:

iebKT1jcTSzaa.png

Sooooooo good. (Both proc and intelligence increase)

Rrang129

Lava burst just flat-out needs to do more damage. It was nerfed horrendously a while back and is now just sad. It's damage (assuming flame shock on the target, obviously) is between a regular lightning bolt and a crit lightning bolt. It should do at least as much damage as a lightning bolt crit.

Earthquake is another story. Some people hate it, I don't really mind it and am totally fine with the AoE rotation using both chain lightning and EQ, but the fact that no one other than the caster can see it and it's (relatively) small radius make it way more bothersome to use effectively in dungeons and raids than it should be.

I like Earthquake - sucks that they took out the stunning, which I found pretty useful for a little damage mitigation at least.

Ascension spamming Lava Burst is pretty powerful - but it's quite the one trick pony.

Fjordson

Just got this warforged trinket for my resto druid:

iebKT1jcTSzaa.png

Sooooooo good. (Both proc and intelligence increase)
Grats mang!

From the launch thread:
Ah, interesting. Thanks for the tip.

I played enhance for the last 5 months or so of MoP and I thought they were great in PvE. Was always competitive DPS-wise.

Touchdown

Banned
Druid Mythic T17 looks sooooo good (on the left below).

The Monk one is... eh. Gonna stick with my old xmog, I like more leathery looking gear. This new set looks like metal.

I'm not a fan of the mythic druid set. XD My favorite all time though would have to be the haunted forest set a tier or two back. I'm not digging the bug suit.

ZenaxPure

Druid Mythic T17 looks sooooo good (on the left below)..

I'm really excited for the rogue T17 myself. Thematically I've always loved poisons since vanilla (part of the reason I play mutilate outside just enjoying the playstyle) so to see a set that is poisoned themed gets me really excited. Will probably be my go to transmog when I get bored of what I am wearing.

Top Bottom