• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Giggzy

I love leveling in this expansion. Am I crazy?

100 gladiator warrior
97 assassination rogue
95 frost Mage
92 destruction warlock
92 balance Druid

I'm going to have a sick assembly line for my garrisons.

I'm enjoying the rogue way more than any other class. I'm SO HAPPY that SnD is passive now, at least for assassination. I think it will be my main for sure. Going to grind out to 100 today.

Saucy_XL

Banned
MC was....interesting to say the least. Our tanks wiped us a good 8-10 times pulling when people weren't fully ressed. 300g in repairs but it was worth it to see MC one last time and get the helm.

Ed: try looking for MC groups in Premade Group finder if you're not having luck with Raid Finder

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok so I built the Tavern and now I can spend Garrison resource to upgrade my followers... is this worth it at all?

Novocaine

I resubbed. Although I don't think I will be going as hard this time around. Will be lucky if I see any non LFR raids. All my friends have moved to different guilds.

I will say that I like this expansion far more than MoP so far.

petran79

Banned
just a question.

I have Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 on my account.
Got an email that account got hacked and I am suspended for 72 hours.

3 days pass.
I want to log in and change my Battle.net password, but they ask me for an authenticator code.
I didnt even ask to activate this. Either the hacker or Blizzard's support enabled it by default.

Problem is I cant log in at all. In order to remove authentication they ask for my ID card as a security measure. I sent them a scanned ID copy and explained my reasons for removal.

I can also register to Blizzards SMS service for a mobile phone authenticator for free or order it for a fee. But my mobile phone is old and does not support this.

As a result I cant access the account, not even the forum. All that was created was a support ticket and even there I need to be logged in to access.

I am waiting for an email. They'll answer withing 24 hours but I doubt it.
Fortunately except those two games which I got for half the original price, there wasnt much else on that account. But all those measures really punish the end-user. So I need to pay extra for a security authenticator right now....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait a minute, are we trying to say AQ40 and BWL are harder than modern content? Or are you calling LFRers 'modern raiders'? Because AQ40 and BWL are basically jokes compared to every raid in every expansion after them. It's all gear. All vanilla content is. A modern player in 'appropriate gear' would destroy AQ40 and be done with it within a day.
They were harder in the sense they were filled with uninspired asshole mechanics like kill all these adds at the same time or they revive.

Ok so I built the Tavern and now I can spend Garrison resource to upgrade my followers... is this worth it at all?
Getting their levels up is literally why you have them. They basically do the same thing you do on a very simplistic scale.

Pretty much everyone should use the War Mill unless they don't care about follower missions. Otherwise you only can upgrade them if you happen to get items from the missions themselves or randomly from the salvage yards.

FeD.nL

The opening questing experience lasts about half of the first level (can do it in under an hour) and should give you a good idea, everyone I know loved it so hopefully you will :) I would hate to steer someone wrong in that regard, but I think it's a safe bet to say it's the best questing experience yet. Hope you like killing badass evil orcs.

Just hit 91. Opening experience was indeed one of the best (if not the best) I've played so far. Quests are great so far can't wait to play some more, thanks once again!

They were harder in the sense they were filled with uninspired asshole mechanics like kill all these adds at the same time or they revive.

Getting their levels up is literally why you have them. They basically do the same thing you do on a very simplistic scale.

Pretty much everyone should use the War Mill unless they don't care about follower missions. Otherwise you only can upgrade them if you happen to get items from the missions themselves or randomly from the salvage yards.

Level 92, tier 2 garrison. Should I replace the barracks with the war mill? Is losing patrol missions a big deal or worth it?

Tanking MC for the mount was such a test of patience.

The other tanks and myself had a running joke about AoEing the fire eles going.

People running into Geddon's room, DPS pulling, not waiting for Corehounds to go out, etc.

So glad that is over.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do you want to eventually get raid gear from the tier above what you are running? If the answer is yes, carry on.

I don't get it, could you rephrase that please?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
demonology simply isn't clicking with me... is there a good resource for level 100 rotation and such? it just seems like there is no real "rotation", and even in a priority system it's "well here's your priorities, unless [stuff] then not."

I have no problems with either complex or simple classes/rotations/priorities.. but when fight to fight there doesn't seem to be consistency or a flow to things it just kind of sucks... I have to be missing something.

Boogdud

So the starting agility flask is 200 agi for an hour. The greater agility flask is 250 for an hour, requires 5 Catalysts, 1 sorcerous water and 5 normal agility flasks in order to make ONE.

My question is, what the hell were they thinking?

Some of these professions are just absurd anymore.

StMeph

I don't get it, could you rephrase that please?

After hitting 100, your followers also can gain item levels, distilled down into a weapon and armor. They all start at ilevel 600, and you can raise them by giving them special follower tokens for weapons/armor or items that specifically raise one of those by a certain number.

This allows followers to undertake more difficult follower missions, which includes rewarding T17 raid quality loot.

Yoshichan

Your followers will be raiding BWL for you while you're bottom of the DPS charts in Molten Core.
I'm a healer.

And I logged top 10 in almost every fight during Dragon Soul.
After hitting 100, your followers also can gain item levels, distilled down into a weapon and armor. They all start at ilevel 600, and you can raise them by giving them special follower tokens for weapons/armor or items that specifically raise one of those by a certain number.

This allows followers to undertake more difficult follower missions, which includes rewarding T17 raid quality loot.
Thanks!

Fjordson

Finally hit 100. Feels good! And I'm already at 601 ilvl so hopefully it won't be too bad getting geared for heroics. I still have all of Nagrand to quest through which should help.

Now I just need to decide what to put in these new level 3 Garrison plots.

Saucy_XL

Banned
Is the Inn actually necessary to do high level follower missions/get good reward? What kind of increase in ability would I get by getting an Inn? Currently it seems like the Salvage yard is really the one that matters.

borghe

So the starting agility flask is 200 agi for an hour. The greater agility flask is 250 for an hour, requires 5 Catalysts, 1 sorcerous water and 5 normal agility flasks in order to make ONE.

Some of these professions are just absurd anymore.

??? as an alchemist it's hardly the end of the world.. I mean they are going to be costly, but the are end game consumables..

it's basically 20 plants, 10 frostweed, 5 blackrock ore and a sorcerous water for one flask (at max level, otherwise basically 13/7 of those two). of course our skill is on daily CD, but then we can also work work orders in an alchemy lab for another 5 frostweed per catalyst.

Is the Inn actually necessary to do high level follower missions/get good reward? What kind of increase in ability would I get by getting an Inn? Currently it seems like the Salvage yard is really the one that matters.

inn is not "necessary". where the inn is helpful is that it's the easiest way to get access to new followers to fill out your ranks. yes you get access to all of the garrison quests on your own (though you don't get patrol missions without barracks). It's just you're pretty limited in game with what followers you can get, meaning unless you luck out with some rarity upgrades, yuo might have a hard time covering all of the requirements for the highest levels of quests.

ampere

What spawn points do you check? I see people camping at 43.2,55.5 right now.

Was just sitting in that area hoping someone would tell me if it spawned elsewhere.

So I got a new mount:

http://i.imgur.com/a3GCp5d.jpg[MG

And I only camped it for like 3 hours =V[/QUOTE]

Bastard... grats. Stayed up way too late camping and it never spawned

[quote="Boogdud, post: 140196523"]So the starting agility flask is 200 agi for an hour. The greater agility flask is 250 for an hour, requires [B]5 Catalysts[/B], 1 sorcerous water and [B]5 normal agility flasks[/B] in order to make ONE.

Some of these professions are just absurd anymore.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure?? Wowhead lists the spell as creating 5 greater flasks. I haven't made any in-game yet, but I am pretty sure it's correct.

Yoshichan

Lovely conversation after defeating a boss:

ibdyrCfBTMKKTP.png

Boogdud

Are you sure?? Wowhead lists the spell as creating 5 greater flasks. I haven't made any in-game yet, but I am pretty sure it's correct.

I'll have to check, that would make a hell of a lot more sense. I was pretty groggy when I looked. Otherwise I can't imagine it being remotely worth it to make one.

Yoshichan

We did the entire heroic dungeon in one try but the paladin got mad at the tank (monk) for not interrupting the final boss :lol

borghe

I'll have to check, that would make a hell of a lot more sense. I was pretty groggy when I looked. Otherwise I can't imagine it being remotely worth it to make one.

it's right on wowhead. It doesn't say it in the description, but if you look at the icon for the spell it shows a stack of 5 for the icon.

so like I was saying.. it's basically 20 herbs, 10 frostweed and 5 ore for the recipe.. which (uggh math) is 4 herbs, 2 frostweed, and 1 ore per flask (at max level). and then the sorcerous element for the stack.

the limiting factor is the catalyst.. which at most you can do 16 per day plus bonuses from a worker in your lab.

edit - I get the 16 per day from 10 per day at 700 alch plus 6 per day (one every four hours) from your lab plus the bonus to work orders from having an alchemist working in the lab.

Giggzy

Still no confirmed kill on poundfist for my server. If it stays that way until I get home in 6 hours, do I go back to camping the spawn or get my rogue to 100... Hmmm...

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I got my T3 Garrison Saturday night finally.

Not sure what to put for my 3rd small plot and my other 1x Large and Medium Plots. :(

Hixx

You can upgrade followers? How did i never notice that? Where? How?

In quality or ilvl?

Quality uo get them to 100 and they will go rare/epic through XP (LOTS of XP though) I believe. Its what the internet leads me to believe anyway.

As for ilvl... level 100 missions and Salvage Yard level 2/War Mill level 2.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Once they hit 100, you can use gear on them to upgrade their item level. Usually they show up in level 100 missions, but the Salvage Yard will have you swimming in it.

Oh that's why. I have yet to get a lvl 100 follower. And what gear? Random greens you find in the world? Going to take a while to gear them all.

ampere

Still no confirmed kill on poundfist for my server. If it stays that way until I get home in 6 hours, do I go back to camping the spawn or get my rogue to 100... Hmmm...

Yeah trying to decide if I camp again after work if he hasn't spawned.

Will be such a waste if I don't get it, but really want that mount.

Yoshichan

Was that in a 10 man guild? *cackles maniacally*

Dunno if you were joking or not but World of Logs, the entirety of US realms :)

Giggzy

Yeah trying to decide if I camp again after work if he hasn't spawned.

Will be such a waste if I don't get it, but really want that mount.

I'm not even a mount collector, and I hate riding huge mounts that can't fit in doorways. I'm not sure why I want it so much to be honest. I think its mostly the thrill of being the first group on the server to down him.

borghe

In quality or ilvl?

Quality uo get them to 100 and they will go rare/epic through XP (LOTS of XP though) I believe. Its what the internet leads me to believe anyway.

As for ilvl... level 100 missions and Salvage Yard level 2/War Mill level 2.

it looks like around 55000 xp to get someone from uncommon to rare or thereabouts.

yes, both stats are tracked. item level shows right on their portrait (or below) and experience tracked indicates to next rarity upgrade. and item level is upgraded by rewards you get for follower quests.

Disagree. I almost never encounter players that rude. Most people are relatively polite and just want to have fun

Do you never do LFG? Almost every time I find people like this.

The crappy thing with not having much time to play is my entire guild has outgeared me. I'm still around 600 ilvl, and in a Normal Skyreach a dps and the healer were just going at it, all the way up through the final boss. I just don't get the animosity sometimes.

Top Bottom