• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

cdyhybrid

Woot! Finally.

beModelsInc.png

Shaman DPS buffs are coming too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The addons MMO-Champ linked today for garrison missions are super awesome. They almost trivilize them for me, but in a good way. I was sick of sorting through all my followers trying to figure out which missions I could do and who was best to send where.

Got my first seal of tempered fate because of it.

I need to try it out. I'm way behind on follower stuff cuz I went into the expansion blind and wasted a ton of resources on buildings that I didn't need.

Bizazedo

Level 3 Mine is done. This place is huge. I'll never need another source of ore again.

It kind of makes me annoyed that I have a mining profession, now. I suppose I am getting "extra" primal spirits from mining in the world, but still.

I am so far behind where I normally am in the curve, I don't need to use them yet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So the starting agility flask is 200 agi for an hour. The greater agility flask is 250 for an hour, requires 5 Catalysts, 1 sorcerous water and 5 normal agility flasks in order to make ONE.

My question is, what the hell were they thinking?

Some of these professions are just absurd anymore.

The Whispering Crystal is +200 all stats, too.

But the thing is, The Draenic Agility Flask is extremely cheap to begin with and +50 Agility is actually a lot of Agility. Its literally 5 herbs which everyone's garrison has in them + a vial. I use those flasks even in Heroics or regulars because why not - there is almost nothing else to use herbs for.

Mothman91

Just got this warforged trinket for my resto druid:

iebKT1jcTSzaa.png

Sooooooo good. (Both proc and intelligence increase)
I'm jelly, I have a spirit/multistrike that's raw stats, and a Intel/crit raw stats, wish it was something else besides crit, don't need it on my holy priest.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow, my followers are finally worthwhile. I can do missions for ilvl 630 stuff at follower ilvl 615, so I can finally fill out those gaps in my gear like Trinkets and Wrists.

Also got a mission for like 138 Garrison Resources fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (also 615).

Get your salvage yard going folks, it pays off in the long run.

Mothman91

Wow, my followers are finally worthwhile. I can do missions for ilvl 630 stuff at follower ilvl 615, so I can finally fill out those gaps in my gear like Trinkets and Wrists.

Also got a mission for like 138 Garrison Resources fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (also 615).

Yup, gotten like 4 epic weapon upgrades from the salvage crate.

Haly

Epic weapon nothing. I must've gotten a dozen of those "equip your follower with a 615 armor/weapon". Those are worse ASSLOADS early on, when you can catapult them instantly to 615 which unlocks the "next" tier of missions.

Apt101

Ugh, only iLvL 623 for PvE. This is going to take a while. If the DPS queues weren't 35-45 minutes long I'd be fine with that. But at least it seems like heroics give a lot of drops. First heroic I did I upgraded my weapon, boots, and a ring to 630. I can't wait to upgrade these engineering goggles.

cdyhybrid

Got the follower for the level 3 Lumber Mill. Anyone know if he has to be in there the whole time? Or can I just assign him there when I pick up work orders like everything else?

Ugh, only iLvL 623 for PvE. This is going to take a while. If the DPS queues weren't 35-45 minutes long I'd be fine with that. But at least it seems like heroics give a lot of drops. First heroic I did I upgraded my weapon, boots, and a ring to 630. I can't wait to upgrade these engineering goggles.

Yeah I immediately leveled my DK to 100 after seeing the queue times for DPS. Gonna be faster to gear him as tank then switch my loot spec to DPS than just sitting in queue trying as Frost.

Haly

Fortunately, as a BM monk, almost all my gear works for WW as well. Except for the +Bonus Armor stuff. Good thing I don't need to itemize for Avoidance or Parry.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The queue times don't bother me right now. There's still a lot for me to do in the world while waiting. I've probably done each heroic twice and have 628 ilvl. The guaranteed end boss drop is doing all the work.

Tacitus_

I just got my 2nd character (warrior) to 100 and got him heroic ready and got all the legendary cores, in <6 hours after dinging. I may need help. I only started to level him to get a boost on unlocking more T3 buildings (the cheevo counters are account wide) too...

... but gladiator spec is sooo fun.

The Whispering Crystal is +200 all stats, too.

Nerfed to 100 in a hotfix a couple of days ago.

cdyhybrid

I just got my 2nd character (warrior) to 100 and got him heroic ready and got all the legendary cores, in <6 hours after dinging. I may need help. I only started to level him to get a boost on unlocking more T3 buildings (the cheevo counters are account wide) too...

You're gonna make me level up my Warrior too :|

I don't have much else to do right now other than wait for missions to finish on my DK unless I want to grind a bunch of mobs for rep.

Apt101

Yeah I immediately leveled my DK to 100 after seeing the queue times for DPS. Gonna be faster to gear him as tank then switch my loot spec to DPS than just sitting in queue trying as Frost.

That's a good idea. I could fill out my holy gear in Ashran in a few nights then do that. Healer rather than tank.

Is it just me, or is healing super intense this xpac? I feel like I'm sweating and getting through bosses by the skin of my teeth! It's exhausting! I feel like healing was never this difficult.

Shaman heals by the way.

antonz

Did it actually happen? mine still says +200 and gives +200

Tacitus_

You're gonna make me level up my Warrior too :|

I don't have much else to do right now other than wait for missions to finish on my DK unless I want to grind a bunch of mobs for rep.

Yeah, that's why I started playing my warrior more too.

I need to get a shield asap to try out this Gladiator spec. Already have the 620 1H Garrosh heirloom.

There should be shields in treasures in.. I want to say Nagrand. At least an int shield for you to test it out.

Did it actually happen? mine still says +200 and gives +200

Oralius' Whispering Crystal now increases all stats by 100 (down from 200). --- November 17th hotfixes

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gladiator spec is everything I hate about MMO rotations. No thoughtful choices and you have to spam an ability every time the GCD resets. I understand why people like it conceptually, and because it's the highest single target DPS warrior spec with the highest utility and the highest mobility, but actually playing it is the biggest chore.

StayDead

Belf went from the horde race I had no interest in to belf female being the horde character I want to play due to tauren looking so weird now (I play alliance, used to be horde).

Hope the belf female looks good!

Rapstah

Thousand Needles is currently hilariously broken. The quest chain has you fighting seven or eight mini-bosses throughout the zone and they're all broken in some way. The funniest one is the one that enrages and instantly kills everything. Or the wind rider guy whose second phase is "jumping off his wind rider", except he doesn't actually jump off his wind rider, so a wind rider spawns inside of him and flies off while he keeps riding his wind rider.

cdyhybrid

Gladiator spec is everything I hate about MMO rotations. No thoughtful choices and you have to spam an ability every time the GCD resets. I understand why people like it conceptually, and because it's the highest single target DPS warrior spec with the highest utility and the highest mobility, but actually playing it is the biggest chore.

That's why I plan to have Arms as my DPS spec. So I can tank in Prot, single target DPS in Glad, and cleave/AOE in Arms.

I actually prefer slower rotations like Arms so I can focus on what's going on around me instead of staring at my Weakauras the whole fight. I want to actually enjoy the new character animations, the art, etc.

Giggzy

I agree. I didn't like the "rotation". It was my first 100, but it became tedious. I started leveling my rogue and I'm liking the combat/rotation much more.

However, PvP as a gladiator warrior is really fun.

I have a love hate relationship with the new heroics and drop rate for gear.

I love that in most cases, I come out of heroics makng a little cash. I sell or DE the stuff I don't need a make a few gold. I'm always making money every day now, which is unusual for me unless I was farming.

I hate that there are so many potential items that drop from a boss now, that even though I have a better chance to get loot, I have less of a chance to get the item that I actually need.

I need trinkets! :(

Angry Grimace

That's no fun. But I still have basically infinite Agility flasks, so there's that.

Everyone was saying "build what you want" but it really seems like you have to get Lumber Mills, War Mill/Bunker and Salvage Yards, upgraded as fast as you can. Hell, the Mill/Bunker (I hate that they gave these different names) gives you a free seal for gear rolls every week.

Apt101

The first boss in heroic Everbloom. How is it possible to finish? The bubbles keep coming, wave after wave, anf the plants burst from the ground. I'm not doing any AoE, so I am not hitting them. That shit feels severely overtuned. It needs like half the bubbles, and just get rid of those plants completely.

dimb

The first boss in heroic Everbloom. How is it possible to finish? The bubbles keep coming, wave after wave, anf the plants burst from the ground. I'm not doing any AoE, so I am not hitting them. That shit feels severely overtuned. It needs like half the bubbles, and just get rid of those plants completely.
Just ignore the bubbles. It's not as hard as you think it is.

dimb

So kill the plants instead? Don't the bubbles heal him?
Just don't make the plants. The plants spawn when the water globs run over patches. If some do pop up just kill them fast with AOE while you're on top of the boss.

ZenaxPure

I actually prefer slower rotations like Arms so I can focus on what's going on around me instead of staring at my Weakauras the whole fight. I want to actually enjoy the new character animations, the art, etc.

I've been leveling my warrior the past few days for blacksmith stuff and I've been digging Arms. Not really many numbers popping up on the screen and each of my hits feel really powerful. It actually feels like I am wielding a giant 2 hander and hitting things really hard which I've never really felt playing arms in the past.

antonz

So kill the plants instead? Don't the bubbles heal him?

When the bubbles come the boss takes 100% extra damage. Just dps the hell out of the boss during that and clear any adds when he's up moving.
Stand him in the middle of the area and have dps back against the wall should limit plant spawns as the plant growth will be behind the boss who is between them and the water

cdyhybrid

I've never had trouble doing this:

-Tank boss in the middle facing the water. Ranged stay behind him near the wall to drop vines there.
-Melee stay on the boss the entire fight.
-Ranged kill globs if they can, otherwise just DPS the boss.

Haly

If your party's DPS is good, it's possible to kill both the bubbles and hit him a few times, prolonging the "parched" phase, when he takes extra damage.

But otherwise you can ignore the bubbles if you don't mind going through the cycle a few times. He doesn't heal at all. It's just sort of an "energy" bar for him.

My best run is when my DPS managed to bring him down to 10% within the first globules cycle by alternating between the globules and him.

ampere

Way to do Witherbark if you can handle it: tank him against the wall and have dps drop the plants behind him, that way all the water gets absorbed by the plants and he takes the increased damage debuff until he dies. Tank just needs to pick up the adds, Monk statue makes it super easy.

potam

Banned
Is there much I need to be doing with my garrison before 100? I've got a few stupid buildings, but I haven't upgraded anything and I feel like I'm not maximizing output or anything. I'm only 95, btw.

Fjordson

Possibly a stupid question, but fury/arms warrior gear will translate to glad stance, right? Same stat priorities I'd imagine.

edit: now that I think about it, without reforging and tons of gems you don't really control your stat priority.

Giggzy

Possibly a stupid question, but fury/arms warrior gear will translate to glad stance, right? Same stat priorities I'd imagine.

edit: now that I think about it, without reforging and tons of gems you don't really control your stat priority.

For the most part, but you want Bonus Armor stat on as many pieces as possible

Top Bottom