• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

TheYanger

How are they nothing alike? Little 'minions' you send off to do things such as crafting and misc missions. As far as I know, the only mmo to have that prior to WoD was SWTOR's companion system. Just because they didn't ape all of it doesn't mean they didn't ape some of it.

They didn't ape any of it. Followers in sWTOR are literally the crafting system. Followers in wow are a minigame with actual decisionmaking and stuff. It's much more involved.

I did ten heroics today, and got one piece of equipment that I didn't already have.
Hey, 3 gold, 63 silver, 42 copper. Just what I always wanted. It's not about "oh I demand all the loot instantly". Doing the same shit over. And over. And over. For what? Nothing. That's not fun. I stop having fun, I stop paying to have this experience.

You've done nothing but whine about loot drops for like two pages. Yes, you are asking for it to rain from the sky. You're also HIGH AS A KITE if you think you're going to get the items you want in Diablo faster than this, or even remotely as fast. Or any other loot based game for that matter. I also rarely get upgrades, because I don't have THAT many to get, and I am willing to run dungeons on the offchance I get them. If you're not - don't. Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying "HEY. You need this one slot to be warforged bro".

Trickster

I did ten heroics today, and got one piece of equipment that I didn't already have.
Hey, 3 gold, 63 silver, 42 copper. Just what I always wanted. It's not about "oh I demand all the loot instantly". Doing the same shit over. And over. And over. For what? Nothing. That's not fun. I stop having fun, I stop paying to have this experience.

Curious, how good is your gear already?

If your pretty much decked out in 630+ gear, then you shouldn't really expect the game to necesserily hand out gear for those last few remaining item slots.

Giggzy

Anyone that have leveled a mage as frost? I'm at 95 now and it just feels like such a bore and uphill battle. Fighting 2-3 mobs is so ridiculously difficult compared to doing it with a melee character. And doing next to no dmg unless I get procs just makes me feel like my mage is a complete weakling a lot of the time

And let's not even talk about if I have to fight a big mob that I can't cc. If I don't have mirror images to divert attention long enough for me to hopefully get enough procs to kill the mob, then I'm basically dead.

I'm at 95 myself and it's not too bad. Ice Nova is a beast, especially since it also seems to interrupt mobs.

I have my mage at 95 also, and I gave up for the time being. Same with my 92 warlock, although that felt better. Caster classes just feel so weak compared to the two melee classes I've leveled (rogue and warrior).

Giggzy

Oh man, I'm dying over here. I'm doing that quest in Spires of Arak where you're one of those giant bird dudes. I meet an alliance guy doing the quest as well, and we're having giant bird war PvP while trying to complete the quest. It's hilarious

Ultratech

Finally got to do some Ashran tonight (that and I really had nothing else going on).

Was mostly a Horde faceroll, and I managed to score more than a handful of PvP gear pieces, which was very nice.

And yeah, having the Relic is pretty crazy.
There was this one Feral Druid that had it and was flying around just one-shotting people like nobody's business.
He was buffed and armed to the teeth! (Think he was packing around 650-800k health; it varied depending on buffs he had active.)

Took the better part of our entire raid to take him down.
(Of course, about less than 5 minutes later, he gets it again.)

Mothman91

Second day in a row Leeroy died last second. Beast was at 5%, and someone was a bit too close to Leeroy when they got charged. Leeroy got aggro and started joining the fight and died instantly :c

Have to tell people to not stand too close to the main room and just group up in the dark corner.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Had a Leeroy run today where we finished everything 60 seconds before the timer ran out.

Definitely the best Leeroy run I've had and one of the best heroic groups I've had in Draenor.

(Then I got a bunch of taters in my Skyreach run, as shown in my earlier post.)

Pace yourself bro, you burned yourself out and I guarantee you everyone has bad streaks of luck regardless of the loot system employed.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I have my frustrations with HC's loot drops, but not to the point that I'll uninstall the game. (Seriously, I can craft 640 ilvl boots if I can't get ilvl 630 boots).

Sometimes I get lucky, sometimes I don't. Just gotta be patient

Pace yourself bro, you burned yourself out and I guarantee you everyone has bad streaks of luck regardless of the loot system employed.

I have to say the gating is poorly implemented right now. Unless you have an absolute shit-ton of gold to throw around on BoE's, or have a decent group of people willing to just farm The Pit, you're hugely dependent on luck. You can do 10 heroics and get 1 solid upgrade, while someone else does 1 and gets warforged+socket and is instantly ahead. I feel like they should have a small apexis crystal payout or something for heroics.

Fjordson

It was the fallen tree I couldn't find. The ancient I happened upon without even trying.
That's sort of what happened to me. I randomly saw one while leveling, except I just passed it by for some reason I'm forgetting. Guess I didn't know what it was at the time. And of course now I can't find one lol.

Giggzy

Woohoo! Second level 100... I think this toon will be my main too. I had a lot of fun leveling her. Also had enough GR to upgrade to level 3 right after the ding. Thanks Lumber Mill!

nN01HqK.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is making Ashran so imbalanced compared to the Cataclysm equivalent (Tol Barad)? Seriously, this is even worse than Wintergrasp. How did they fuck this up so badly? It's the least fun experience in WoW when all we do is lose so fucking hard every single time.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I have to say the gating is poorly implemented right now. Unless you have an absolute shit-ton of gold to throw around on BoE's, or have a decent group of people willing to just farm The Pit, you're hugely dependent on luck. You can do 10 heroics and get 1 solid upgrade, while someone else does 1 and gets warforged+socket and is instantly ahead. I feel like they should have a small apexis crystal payout or something for heroics.
Yeah but all that's in your head. Warforged heroic is still worse than lfr, and bis isn't a thing anymore. They're not going to give 5 different cloth gloves with 5 different stats and then require you get all your best stats. The DPS/hps required for raids will be much lower than people realize I think. I hope this means they will be less forgiving with the mechanics to make it more about player skill instead of out gearing a raid but I'm not holding my breat .

Getting bis gear won't be easily attained this expac not unless we have another 13 month raid tier.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is the LFR iLvl requirement going to bed?

vocab

I dunno. Even ignoring the loot, everything feels a lot more grindy than I enjoy.

No one is forcing you to grind.

I'm 639 ilvl, and do daily challenge modes. I got a 640 belt I don't need for my troubles and I'm not mad.

If you care about loot in this game you are gonna have a bad time. You are just gonna lose a piece of gear to someone. Just accept you are never gonna get loot and youll be happy.

Reknoc

Glad I went back to questing instead of just chiling in stormwind waiting for dungeons. The Badlands has some really fun quests, the Deathwing story being my favourite, and has a cameo from Blizzards best game!

ampere

Got Lady of Blackrock today ^^. Really like the title, shame it's temporary. Had a decent silver run for the daily. And wow they buffed the shit out of Brewmasters. Guard +100% and base Stagger +10%. Not in the patch notes, but the buff is indeed live.

What? I mean I don't think SWTOR is a horrible game of only bad ideas, but...those two systems are NOTHING alike.

I thought it was similar, albeit a much better and more developed version. At least similar in that you send off followers on missions of sorts.

Question for you tanky types.

Turbulent Seal of Defiance
Tormented Seal of Fortitude
Kyrak's Vileblood Serum (Heroic)

Which two? I'm leaning towards the first two right now because I'm comfortably geared so the extra attack power from the Bonus Armor is really nice, but I like the ilvl of the third one because I heard my e-penis grows with my ilvl.

I'd say the two Bonus Armor ones. It's just a way better stat than anything else so you want all you can get.

Floridian

Is it me or do elemental shamans barely exist anymore? I have yet to witness one while doing countless Heroic Dungeons or in Battlegrounds/Ashran.

vocab

Is it me or do elemental shamans barely exist anymore? I have yet to witness one while doing countless Heroic Dungeons or in Battlegrounds/Ashran.

They play like shit, they are mechanically busted, and do shit damage. Anyone who sticks with it is either a retard, or a complete low tier hero. I think I'm retarded for gearing one, but they are just assssssssssssssss. I make them look good, and do some high damage for how weak they are. In MC or big trash packs with lust I hit 80-100k. However only if the trash/boss is standing still. The tank can't see my earthquake (thanks blizz). Their burst is gone (boomkin has better burst than ele. Ya. Hilarious). Off healing sucks ass. Multiple tiers of talents are worthless. Our level one hundred talents have no choice. Fusion is boring. The wind elemental totem is bad. LMT is good, but it feels weak.

Mastery is so poorly designed that its game breaking in pvp. They are unplayable in pvp because their tools are just shit.

Our aoe has ramp up, and it does average damage. A warlock can drop a cataclysm and ROF, and do 4x our damage. 2 GCD's. We have to drop a searing totem, chain lightning for improved chain lightning, drop an earth quake at 5 stacks. A 2.3 cast time for me (higher if you dont have haste). Liquid magma totem, and rinse and repeat. That's the most fucking clunky shit ever. So many wasted GCD's for very little return. All our casts are above 1.7 in this gear level. It feels bad, and it does bad damage. That's all there's to say about it. The only thing shamans are good for are cm's. Even though their damage is lacking, they have utility for every thing a cm will throw at you.

Let's look at feral vs enhancement, and damage break downs. The fact that enhance has to push a billion buttons at the speed of light, and are not rewarded for ANY of it is absurd. This comparison alone is completely insane. Just look at it. Feral has insane down time and enhance almost none. Once they get GCD capped with haste they won't even be able to hit all their buttons. Won't matter because feral will do less and still out damage them.

chart

chart

The whole shaman class just needs a redesign. Surgical work needs to be done to fix this class. Even though hunters have three specs that play exactly a like, they still function, and are mechanically sound. Shamans have none of that shit. Resto shamans still function (could be so much better if they weren't ball and chained to the clunkyness of the class), but enhance (despite the lack of slowdown) and ele are busted with a bunch of band aids over severed limbs. It's a travesty that in 2014 that's how those two specs play.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Our aoe has ramp up, and it does average damage. A warlock can drop a cataclysm and ROF, and do 4x our damage. 2 GCD's.
To be fair Warlocks probably are in the top three when it comes to AOE. Shaman still sucks though.

ZenaxPure

I thought it was similar, albeit a much better and more developed version. At least similar in that you send off followers on missions of sorts.

I stopped playing swtor when I apparently had to buy extra action bars so I didn't get too far, but, the follower/mission stuff in WoD feels like a more developed version of the brotherhood in AC brotherhood and that always felt like a more developed version of the tavern missions in FFT and I'm sure there is an even older game with the same concept.

Yoshichan

Highmaul gear:

LFR: ilvl 640

Normal: ilvl 655

Heroic: ilvl 670

Mythic: ilvl 685

Blackrock Foundry gear:

LFR: ilvl 650

Normal: ilvl 665

Heroic: ilvl 680

Mythic: ilvl 695
Thanks so much!!

Edit: last question; will both LFRs open at the same time?

Karl Hawk

Banned
Thanks so much!!

Edit: last question; will both LFRs open at the same time?

The first wing for Highmaul's LFR will open on December 9th (A week after Normal/Heroic Highmaul opens). Second wing will open on December 16th, then the third wing will open on 6th January. To sum it up, you can't do the entirety of Highmaul on LFR until January 6th.

As for Blackrock Foundry's LFR, I have no idea. All I know is that it'll open several weeks (Maybe 8 weeks or so) after Highmaul. T

Floridian

The whole shaman class just needs a redesign. Surgical work needs to be done to fix this class. Even though hunters have three specs that play exactly a like, they still function, and are mechanically sound. Shamans have none of that shit. Resto shamans still function, but enhance (despite the lack of slowdown) and ele are busted with a bunch of band aids over severed limbs. It's a travesty that in 2014 that's how those two specs play.

Yo, the changes to ele have been brutal, holy shit. And here I thought warlocks were the bottom of the barrel because of the mobility nerfs and ability pruning. Idk why Blizz thought nerfing caster mobility was such a bright idea when it impacts gameplay and performance both pve and pvp wise. As a warlock main(destro), high movement based fights cripple my performance because of some dumb mechanic that has to be avoided yet melee and hunters are free to do damage on the move with barely any repercussions. Not even going to get started on pvp, as they made locks/ele-shamans just sit there asking to be trained on while trying to hard-cast abilities that hits like wet noodle. It's almost impossible to get away from melee due to their gap closers and snares unless u go super try-hard mode. I don't find that fun or balanced whatsoever, but of course this game has never been centered around balance. It's gonna take a lot more than just simple damage increase for LB though to fix the shaman class.

Yeah the War Mill is really nice for leveling and grabbing entry gear out of Nagrand. If it rolls some of the gear can be even better than heroic stuff. You really don't need a barracks until later if you want, but you're forced to build it as your first building.

Have some more thoughts on garrisons and the like, but it's late - I'll post them later.

5il3nc3r

Switched my main to frost DK from demo Warlock. Such a huge difference, just two obliterates is enough to melt most mobs. Can't wait to try him in dungeons. I'm guessing DK is considered one of the stronger class in WoD?

vocab

Switched my main to frost DK from demo Warlock. Such a huge difference, just two obliterates is enough to melt most mobs. Can't wait to try him in dungeons. I'm guessing DK is considered one of the stronger class in WoD?
They are strong in the beginning of every expansion. I'm afraid they will get a Nerf unfortunately. Unholy gargoyle alone was out dpsing people in dungeons.

Strongest spec in wod right now is ww easily but dk is much more tuned properly.

Dks are a great class. Some of the qol improvements they got in wod are fantastic. They would easily be the best rounded class in the game if frost was updated.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Finished Leeroy with two minutes left. Heroics seem so easy after challenge mode.

TheYanger

They are strong in the beginning of every expansion. I'm afraid they will get a Nerf unfortunately. Unholy gargoyle alone was out dpsing people in dungeons.

Strongest spec in wod right now is ww easily but dk is much more tuned properly.

Dks are a great class. Some of the qol improvements they got in wod are fantastic. They would easily be the best rounded class in the game if frost was updated.

But frost plays elegantly while Unholy remains the clunky one!

StayDead

Anyone that have leveled a mage as frost? I'm at 95 now and it just feels like such a bore and uphill battle. Fighting 2-3 mobs is so ridiculously difficult compared to doing it with a melee character. And doing next to no dmg unless I get procs just makes me feel like my mage is a complete weakling a lot of the time

And let's not even talk about if I have to fight a big mob that I can't cc. If I don't have mirror images to divert attention long enough for me to hopefully get enough procs to kill the mob, then I'm basically dead.

Use ice nova, I personally use the ticking up in damage power and make good use of your frost elemental. I had no problem pulling huge packs of mobs in one go and just aoeing them down.

EDIT: I really like Ashran. Although it'll be better when they fix the giant tree as without it it makes breaking over the bridge into the horde base really, really hard.

Wunder

Man I probably picked the worst combo of 90s to try and level. Shaman is up there nice and ready for Highmaul, but we're also apparently the worst class in the game PvE and PvP wise. So I try to level my Druid, except the changed boomkin mechanic still really confuses me and I don't really have any idea what I'm doing. I want to just go resto and level through dungeons but that's a real grind as well, so I'm kinda stuck. :(

cdyhybrid

Man I probably picked the worst combo of 90s to try and level. Shaman is up there nice and ready for Highmaul, but we're also apparently the worst class in the game PvE and PvP wise. So I try to level my Druid, except the changed boomkin mechanic still really confuses me and I don't really have any idea what I'm doing. I want to just go resto and level through dungeons but that's a real grind as well, so I'm kinda stuck. :(

Shaman buffs are coming.

Top Bottom