• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

notworksafe

There's no gear on some of my left side slots (head, shoulders, shirt)
Is this normal? Where'd I normally go about acquiring gear other than quests and dungeons at this point?

Shirt is cosmetic.

Head and shoulders used to wait til 30s-40s. Not sure if that's still the case

Rizzi

My monk hit Outland with a vengeance. 63 already, so I don't think I'll be seeing very much of the place. :p

notworksafe

Okay, made my UD priest. Got almost full heirlooms (no ring). Time to see how fast I can get to 60 so I can boost it up once WoD drops.

I logged onto my highest level char (I quit close to the start of Cata) and I have no clue what any of my skills do anymore.

Trying to decide if I want to play a monk or roll a new version of those classes on new server (the guild I was in is dead).

StayDead

I've levelled a character through to 72 with dungeon runs recently and I found lots of chatty groups.

Just initiate conversation and it'll flow, you might even find groups you want to chat with. Also I was in Nagrand the other day and General was like Barrens chat back in the day activity wise.

If you want to talk to people, do it! :>

Fjordson

Man I'm actually considering boosting my warrior this week just to get an heirloom for WoD.

Trying to resist dropping the $60. I doubt heirlooms will matter that much when leveling.

StMeph

Man I'm actually considering boosting my warrior this week just to get an heirloom for WoD.

Trying to resist dropping the $60. I doubt heirlooms will matter that much when leveling.

It really shouldn't matter. But being removed from the game + pre-launch hype + nothing else to do in the game now anyway means that everyone's chasing down an heirloom.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It really shouldn't matter. But being removed from the game + pre-launch hype + nothing else to do in the game now anyway means that everyone's chasing down an heirloom.

Yeah, they honestly won't make much of a difference at all because leveling is leveling, but its the most worthwhile thing you can be doing right now while waiting for the 13th.

Fjordson

Yeah, they honestly won't make much of a difference at all because leveling is leveling, but its the most worthwhile thing you can be doing right now while waiting for the 13th.

Yeah, y'all are probably right. I didn't get into the beta to test it or anything, but I doubt leveling will be too much trouble without an heirloom.

Definitely going to try and level my warrior soon, though.

Jag

There's no gear on some of my left side slots (head, shoulders, shirt)
Is this normal? Where'd I normally go about acquiring gear other than quests and dungeons at this point?

Are you a new character? If so, you probably won't see head and shoulders for a few levels. Shirt and tabard can stay blank.

Do we know the ilvl of weapon drops from Level 100 UBRS? I'm debating whether I should just pony up a little gold for a heirloom axe heroic guaranteed run but if @ 100, we are getting 630+(?) weps right out the gate, it isn't going to be worth it for a weeks usage.

Hixx

Do we know the ilvl of weapon drops from Level 100 UBRS? I'm debating whether I should just pony up a little gold for a heirloom axe heroic guaranteed run but if @ 100, we are getting 630+(?) weps right out the gate, it isn't going to be worth it for a weeks usage.

630 is heroic dungeon ilvl. Normal UBRS is 615.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Level 100 heroic blues are 630 I think.

Anoregon

Hmm. And heirlooms top out at 620 (from all difficulties) at level 100.

Do Heroic drops also have the potential for Warforged / Socket, etc? Or only raid drops?

Raid only for warforged, unsure about sockets.

ampere

Hmm. And heirlooms top out at 620 (from all difficulties) at level 100.

Do Heroic drops also have the potential for Warforged / Socket, etc? Or only raid drops?

Yes. Even quest rewards can proc a better version actually. For quest rewards I think it's just a boost up to an epic, no tertiaries etc. Not sure though.

Raid only for warforged, unsure about sockets.

Nope, dungeon loot can be Warforged/socket/tertiaries.

Magnus

Yup, I leveled 3 characters this weekend from 87/88-90. It took like 2-2.5 hours each.

Is it seriously that fast now? That's like a 2-300% increase over what it used to be.

I can't be the only one who still took like 4-5 hours per level in Pandaria content, right?

I swear, after all these years, I'm still a slow leveller. I guess.

I mean, half an hour alone can get eaten up by a dungeon run that only ends up yielding a fifth of a level.

-
Is questing THE way to level fastest from 1-90 these days? Barring a 90 helping you grind dungeons, since that won't be something I do.

I wish Blizzard would release a consolidation tool. I have x number(don't remember, blizz block at work) of characters spread across different servers, I'd like to be able to move them all to the same server.*

*without having to pay 25$ a char.

Magnus

I wish Blizzard would release a consolidation tool. I have x number(don't remember, blizz block at work) of characters spread across different servers, I'd like to be able to move them all to the same server.*

*without having to pay 25$ a char.

And lose all that character transfer money? Lol

(I want such a tool, too. ;(. )

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got my Blazing Wings. These are pretty cool.

I fully expect Blizzard to nerf the duration of those wings. 60 mins duration with 60 mins cooldown means you're going to see A LOT of these wings around, and everybody knows "Blizzard don't like fun" when it comes to things like that.

Feels like the celestial mount.

Looks cool when one guy in a crowd has it

Less cool when everyone is rocking it.

The fad will die. RPers are happy though.

ampere

Oh, okay.

World of Warcraft |OT6| It's Actually Diablo 4

Yeah, that's what my guildies have been saying.

I'm not sure how I feel about it... I think I prefer the model where there is just so much different shit that can drop you might never see it all (Ulduar was a bit like this, not to mention the itemization being different on 10/25). Warforged and Tertiaries are potentially a little too much 'fluff' randomness for me.

Dicer

Banned
Banged out a few mounts, good start to the week....

I've got 9999 blah blah blah
jRzQUmb99KE0m.png

Bye-bye Kara
jbj38RIjD1f6KA.png

vocab

The wod gearing will be a disaster. I get that tier is predictable, but random stats, random sockets warforge and non warforge is so excessive its not even funny. It makes comparing logs/comparing your self to other people kinda pointless. I'll still do it, but meh.

StayDead

The wod gearing will be a disaster. I get that tier is predictable, but random stats, random sockets warforge and non warforge is so excessive its not even funny. It makes comparing logs/comparing your self to other people kinda pointless. I'll still do it, but meh.

Excellent! :D

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

I think thats the point, and the intention is to make it so that you never get BiS. It's not really necessary to get a crazy amount of gear to kill things, it's like Challenge Mode where it's about your skill, while retaining a sense of upgrades and loot.

Of course, people will still go absolutely apeshit about every little bit of min/maxing.

e: I got rejected from a guild because I didn't have an addon like weakauras or tellmewhen to track procs. Since snapshotting is gone, I didn't really think it's necessary anymore, coupled with the random PPM rate on everything not lining up anymore, it's so pointless.

Of course I used to track them, and when I would get 4 procs + dark soul + badge of dominance, it was most damage in the world and then I spread the dots to every one in range.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills though. Am I wrong in thinking this? What the fuck is a warlock supposed to do when shit procs? It's not like re-applying dots is necessary, and procs are so uneven that it's pointless to save big damage dumps except for on-use cooldowns.

I doubt I'm going to be able to get the hellscream loom on heroic before WoD, what do you guys think about the boosts going for 5-7k?

Fjordson

I doubt I'm going to be able to get the hellscream loom on heroic before WoD, what do you guys think about the boosts going for 5-7k?
As long as the buyer's legit then do it! I mean if you want the heirloom enough. I grabbed one from a top guild on my server for my mage. Only 6k and took like 10 minutes.

Shahadan

I really don't understand why so many people are paying for a dumb ugly heirloom? Especially if you already have a normal version.

StayDead

I really don't understand why so many people are paying for a dumb ugly heirloom? Especially if you already have a normal version.

It's basically BiS for levelling as no weapon will be better than it until max level. Levelling with some transmog is the best thing about heirlooms though :p

Top Bottom