• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Boogdud

Doesn't horde have stuff going on right now tho? Like bosses in Org? SW is just a clusterfuck of nothing happening

So far, huolon's, iron stars and a sha of anger outside the gate. Server has died like 3 times. Lag is so bad you don't see anything for literally 2-3 minutes after it's spawned so you very well could have something going on and not see it...

TheContact

So far, huolon's, iron stars and a sha of anger outside the gate. Server has died like 3 times. Lag is so bad you don't see anything for literally 2-3 minutes after it's spawned so you very well could have something going on and not see it...

It finally started in stormwind. Got snails and houlon now we're fighting horde leaders but at this point nothing is happening bc it's so laggy

edit: world server down =x

Boogdud

It finally started in stormwind. Got snails and houlon now we're fighting horde leaders but at this point nothing is happening bc it's so laggy

edit: world server down =x

Seriously, this is terrible. We had no leaders, just a sha of anger (a single one) outside the gate, then nothing for like 10 minutes. Then all of a sudden everyone dies. I had to look at the combat log to even see what it was. Apparently an iron star blew up in the middle of org? One that nobody could see, just insta-dead. This is the opposite of fun.

vocab

Stuff like that proves wow can't handle anything in the world period. Even with the new server responsive shit, it's still not enough. The respawning guards and the weird interactions with battle standards just destroy the servers.

Man Id kill for a new engine so we can have some really good stuff like the AQ event.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Fun times
Wo_WScrn_Shot_110314_171218.jpg

If the blacks were more crushed, I'd be able to make out what was going on in this pic.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Stuff like that proves wow can't handle anything in the world period. Even with the new server responsive shit, it's still not enough. The respawning guards and the weird interactions with battle standards just destroy the servers.

Man Id kill for a new engine so we can have some really good stuff like the AQ event.

This is one of the reasons I really don't like cross-realm. It gets over done in certain areas and the servers become lag city central. They need to tone that down a lot but keep going with the server merges.

I hate to whine about this but world pvp seems horribly unbalanced in the Hordes favor. It's astoundingly annoying to try to do dailies in the old zones when the horde are just over flowing around them.

Peachpies

Dont do the event on the leveling servers, go to ashran on the PvP server each instance is limited so there is a lot of people but little lag and they are giving lots of cool items to players and lots of bosses being spawned in

vocab

This is one of the reasons I really don't like cross-realm. It gets over done in certain areas and the servers become lag city central. They need to tone that down a lot but keep going with the server merges.

I hate to whine about this but world pvp seems horribly unbalanced in the Hordes favor. It's astoundingly annoying to try to do dailies in the old zones when the horde are just over flowing around them.

Yup, I have seen some serious crz imbalance in my battle group. I'm in the same one as Sargeras and Illidan, and it's still a mess.

CRZ is just buggy as shit. I have seen some weird phasing shit on timeless happen. We Phased in on an alliance group killing ordos and we just killed them all. They weren't even on our server.

If I ever go alliance it's going to be an alliance heavy battlegroup.

StayDead

Cross Realm should be limited to cities that barely get used (aka anything but org, stormwind and if) and levelling zones. It's really nice levelling in low level areas and seeing other players now, but not being able to see anything at all in Stormwind or do anything due to the lag is awful.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Maybe its because Kargath and Norgannon aren't high in population, but Stormwind and Orgrimmar are pretty stable and lagless on them, and they both share the same SW & Org.

StayDead

Been like that for a long time. Ever since the removed half the instance I imagine.

Even with the top half the only thing that took ages was trying to work out what bosses you've missed haha.

The biggest change time wise for me was Maraudon. Although when I did it on my preist recently the corpserun is still ridiculous. I can't find my way around that place at all.

Savitar

So is there a PVE GAF guild?

Was looking and didn't see it listed anywhere.

My current guild is......well......one of those guilds.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And yet piece of shit Dire Maul is still a mess.

Ought to just remove it. Would anyone notice besides Warlocks and Paladins with nostalgia?

Ultratech

Anyone in the beta going to the end of beta event? Haven't ever logged into one of these since UO where they spawned a bunch of demons to kill everything, hope Blizz does something like that lol

Haha, I remember being on the PTR when they first released Arena gear in BC.
Area 52 was so packed with people, it was causing major lag, so Blizz summoned raid bosses to thin out the crowd.

I think sunken temple was really great before they closed off the upper and lower levels

OG Sunken Temple was a nightmare with people who had no idea where to go.
(Which then usually resulted in people ragequitting, not to mention half the fun was just getting through to the entrance.)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did Blizzard ever mentioned they would be able to fix the Blazing Wing achievement before the Darkmoon Faire end this week?

StayDead

Did Blizzard ever mentioned they would be able to fix the Blazing Wing achievement before the Darkmoon Faire end this week?

They've fixed it now, just did it legit on EU servers after a hotfix earliar.

They also lowered Moonfangs level.

Dire Maul just needs better maps, most of the grief comes from people who just don't know where the entrances and exits are. BRD suffers from a different problem where the tank can just take you on a magical mystery tour of unknown objectives and then abandon the group before you get the 'dungeon complete' credit because the entire instance is spawned and not just the level-appropriate bits you queued for.

Both were problems in Vanilla (same for Maraudon and UBRS/LBRS) and both continue to be problems today. I love BRD but I don't really want more confusing dungeons with overlapping 3D components to them. If you're going to give me a dungeon that's literally a maze then make it more rewarding than dungeons that are not a maze.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Yup, I have seen some serious crz imbalance in my battle group. I'm in the same one as Sargeras and Illidan, and it's still a mess.

CRZ is just buggy as shit. I have seen some weird phasing shit on timeless happen. We Phased in on an alliance group killing ordos and we just killed them all. They weren't even on our server.

If I ever go alliance it's going to be an alliance heavy battlegroup.

There's not battlegroups anymore, they're all just merged based on timezones/server type. I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's about 5-6 'mega-servers' for each type of realm/time zone/region.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really like the sound of Elemental in WoD heroics. Actually making use of earthbinds/grabs, tremors, and grounding totems in a PVE environment. Very support in a way without having to be 'support' just because they have raid cooldowns.

Top tier CM class yet again.

Rizzi

My monk tried to zone in to a dungeon and now I get stuck at the loading screen and a "Character Not Found" error.
Fml.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Find your server, check what guilds have actually done stuff. Check their raid times and requirements, go to their website and apply.

Also the WoW Guild Recruitment Forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011639/
You can post yourself saying you want a new guild. Guilds will reply to you copy/pasting in their spiel about their guild. Guilds also post their own threads looking for people. Find one that meets what you want in a guild and if you meet their requirements and apply.

Thank you SO much for suggesting the Guild Recruitment Forums. I didn't know that existed until your post. I had only posted to a bunch of realm forums on the Alliance side and had 2-3 nice offers lined up, but none of them were perfect. I had never even thought about going Horde, but a Horde guild approached me after I posted on the Guild Recruitment Forum and it seems like we are perfect for each other.

Again, thank you! :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone with WeakAuras that can help me out. I've got a WeakAura for my elemental shaman that's just a quick overview of the important buttons. Things grayed out when they're not usable, when flame shock goes off, etc. The earth shock is grayed out until it hits 7 stacks for Fulmination. That's fine. But now that the Fulmination stack is 15, It's saturating at 7 and just sticking with it.

Where in my WA might I find where to change that animation/trigger from 7 to 15? I've looked over all the groups and have found nothing with the number 7 in it. The closest thing I've found is a WA trigger that is based off Lightning Shield for Earth Shock.

vocab

Anyone with WeakAuras that can help me out. I've got a WeakAura for my elemental shaman that's just a quick overview of the important buttons. Things grayed out when they're not usable, when flame shock goes off, etc. The earth shock is grayed out until it hits 7 stacks for Fulmination. That's fine. But now that the Fulmination stack is 15, It's saturating at 7 and just sticking with it.

Where in my WA might I find where to change that animation/trigger from 7 to 15? I've looked over all the groups and have found nothing with the number 7 in it. The closest thing I've found is a WA trigger that is based off Lightning Shield for Earth Shock.

Well I use TMW for Ele shaman, and I change lightning shield to show at min 13 max at 15. I imagine it's no different in Wa. Sadly I don't know how to make my own WA, and only use it for Import strings.

I got the 7 days of free time, sorry if this has been asked before but is there a server with a good amount of people on GAF playing in it or in a guild?
Horde or Alliance is fine I don't discriminate

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Blizzcon is this weekend? I thought it was AFTER Draenor release, not before

Dire Maul just needs better maps, most of the grief comes from people who just don't know where the entrances and exits are. BRD suffers from a different problem where the tank can just take you on a magical mystery tour of unknown objectives and then abandon the group before you get the 'dungeon complete' credit because the entire instance is spawned and not just the level-appropriate bits you queued for.

Both were problems in Vanilla (same for Maraudon and UBRS/LBRS) and both continue to be problems today. I love BRD but I don't really want more confusing dungeons with overlapping 3D components to them. If you're going to give me a dungeon that's literally a maze then make it more rewarding than dungeons that are not a maze.

Nothing compares to original BRD in my book. It was literally a weaving catacomb of fluff areas. It took me so long to figure out how to even get to the back half of that instance. Prior to them changing a bunch of stuff that gauntlet at the end with the firedancers or whatever their names were was horrific as well. I can't even tell you how many times I completely forgot about the arena mini-event in there, and I think that's really the overlying issue. It was too big and had too much optional content. You really only needed to kill like 3-4 bosses of the 9 or 10 that were in there, and most of the other stuff was basically fluff. Stuff like the Arena, and the jail cells, and the vault keys--it was all stuff to kind of distract you and draw out the experience. A call back to the times when doing a dungeon meant hiking for 30-40 minutes from across the entire game world after having spent 5-30 minutes looking for players in trade chat really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im going to say something and I honestly dont mean it to shit up the thread, and you can just as easily reply with "well fuck off then" and it would be fair

but 1 week or so till Warlords, and I STILL have no desire to play wow again. I got warlords long pre-ordered, got a 2 month card ready, I always at least get excited again during xpacs launches but this time...nothing :/

I played an hour or so with the 7 free days, on saturday to check the pre-launch event, which was quite disapointing. I also mainly play newer races (draeneis and worgen) which either got little changes or no changes, so the new models aspect didnt grab me since the start. The ability trim is what it is, both my mage and my lock feel about the same tbh, at least rotation wise... I dont know what to do. At this point, im almost forcing myself to play it at launch, which is probably a stupid idea, im not going to raid anyway, its not like I have to rush to 100 for that.

I keep saying "man I really want to get Dragon Age Inquisition, but it comes out 5 days after warlords so ill be deep into warlords by then", but right now, I dont think I will, or at least, I dont think I want to be.

I want to be part of the launch zeitgeist, I really do, but is forcing myself to do it the right way? Maybe I really am finally done with WoW, I mean its been 10 fucking years (vanilla player here), it was bound to happen, and its been happening more and more with every expansion. But like I said, with every expansion, the little spark always comes back... Also doesnt help that most of the people I knew that played dont play anymore.

Oh well, still 10 days left, maybe ill get excited closer to launch. Again, not trying to shit on the thread or on anyone's excitment, just wanted to share how I feel about it, since its actually bumming me out

Peachpies

im going to say something and I honestly dont mean it to shit up the thread, and you can just as easily reply with "well fuck off then" and it would be fair

but 1 week or so till Warlords, and I STILL have no desire to play wow again. I got warlords long pre-ordered, got a 2 month card ready, I always at least get excited again during xpacs launches but this time...nothing :/

I played an hour or so with the 7 free days, on saturday to check the pre-launch event, which was quite disapointing. I also mainly play newer races (draeneis and worgen) which either got little changes or no changes, so the new models aspect didnt grab me since the start. The ability trim is what it is, both my mage and my lock feel about the same tbh, at least rotation wise... I dont know what to do. At this point, im almost forcing myself to play it at launch, which is probably a stupid idea, im not going to raid anyway, its not like I have to rush to 100 for that.

I keep saying "man I really want to get Dragon Age Inquisition, but it comes out 5 days after warlords so ill be deep into warlords by then", but right now, I dont think I will, or at least, I dont think I want to be.

I want to be part of the launch zeitgeist, I really do, but is forcing myself to do it the right way? Maybe I really am finally done with WoW, I mean its been 10 fucking years (vanilla player here), it was bound to happen, and its been happening more and more with every expansion. But like I said, with every expansion, the little spark always comes back... Also doesnt help that most of the people I knew that played dont play anymore.

Oh well, still 10 days left, maybe ill get excited closer to launch. Again, not trying to shit on the thread or on anyone's excitment, just wanted to share how I feel about it, since its actually bumming me out
I was really enjoying leveling and garrisons on the beta. I even stopped playing my leveling character so I could be seeing most of the stuff for the first time when it actually launches.

vocab

Nah man, a lot of people feel that way about wow. Me personally, I can't be bothered to log in till wod. There is nothing for me to do. Tomorrow is the last mythic run our guild is doing and I don't even want to go period. Wow is at its best when you experience new content for the first time. I'm really excited for the new raids but worry if there's enough to do outside of raids, cms, and glory achievements.

Take a break. Reevaluate why you play wow. If you have nothing to look forward to when you log on, then either find a reason or just give it up.

notworksafe

Nothing wrong with stopping for a while. I quit for a while and missed most of Cata and Pandaria but it was fun to come back because I was actually interested in what was going on. If you think you won't be interested in the expansion just wait and play it later.

Rhaknar

Nothing wrong with stopping for a while. I quit for a while and missed most of Cata and Pandaria but it was fun to come back because I was actually interested in what was going on. If you think you won't be interested in the expansion just wait and play it later.

this concept of not being around for xpacs launches is alien to me tho, maybe thats the mindset I need to get over. Maybe I SHOULD just play dragon age or whatever I actually want, and not force it, and then just let it come naturally like in december or january when its slow anyway, and I hear more about it and shit?I mean, that 2-month card isnt going anyware, I can activate it whenever I want... hmm food for thought

Top Bottom