• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rapstah

I accidentally came across this post of mine from the WoW thread before Cata came out:
Yes, I'm on Ragnaros! I don't have any Horde characters above the 45 Shaman I'm levelling, but that'll probably be my Cata main after a while.
Poor 2010 Rapstah, so clueless.

I deleted that shaman today.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

13thStep

I would like the opinion of this group on something. I try have a healing alt, but I'm sure what to roll. Which healing class is pretty easy to play as? I do have a level 90 priest I can level. Thoughts?

Not bad!

EF0BDI3G78CD1416903176696.jpg

TB7E45M78T9K1416903180173.jpg

Female just got more muscle, I was expecting a different stance at least but still there is only one face with the yellow eyes, I guess the BEs will get the green eyes forever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everyone gets one.

What happened in my group was that we were trying to CC it to keep the tag alive for more people, but some dudes freaked out that it might despawn and just went ahead and nuked it, resulting in tons of angst over general chat.

Spawn time needs to be random. Randomer.

Apt101

My stables have become my second largest garrison resource earner. 6 quests when I logged in today, 20-30 resources per. None were a taming mission either, just training.

Ocho

Three buddies and I are looking for a guild. We like PVE/PVP. We are on Elune US, Alliance, but it appears guilds are now cross-server? Any guild we could join?

Giggzy

My stables have become my second largest garrison resource earner. 6 quests when I logged in today, 20-30 resources per. None were a taming mission either, just training.

What mounts can you get from the stables? I'm considering building one once I get everything else up and running.

Jag

These training missions are becoming quite the slog though. Running all over the place. Some time consuming to get too. By the time I get the 20% run speed, I'll have spent more than I saved just running around all of Draenor.

Also how do you track your progress until Lvl3 Stables? I keep doing the quest, but nothing is changing.

Fjordson

Thank god my Thanksgiving break from work starts today. I have way too much to do in WoD. Just hope my wife and her family don't try to interfere too much this week.

just kidding. Kinda.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Alright well it finally happened, I returned to WoW.

Gonna be using my free 90 boost to start playing a Dwarf Unholy DK on Korgath. Anyone got any tips on things to considering doing after boosting a character?

Obviously I'll have to go through that intro quest line to get all my skills in order, but I am not particularly sure if I need to go back an unlock stuff like the Cata portals etc etc.

I won't be jumping too deep into WoD content just yet waiting for my friend to get back from thanksgiving break to go all out on questing so I am gonna spend some time getting some money since this is a new server for us.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIT they must've buffed enchanting because I got MAD amounts of Draenic Dust for disenchanting a few blues

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What mounts can you get from the stables? I'm considering building one once I get everything else up and running.

Everything new in Draenor other than Gronnlings or the Sunhawk.

Meaning Wolf, Hippo, Elephant, Talbuk, Boar, Clefthoof.

I'm bored camping for poundfist with all these dudes.

A lot of hours, like 72 or something. Almost every confirmed kill was starting on the weekend.

erawsd

That RoF nerf is bittersweet. Its sucks that our lock is taking a AE hit but I also won't have to deal with that obnoxious effect all over my screen and speakers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
A lot of hours, like 72 or something. Almost every confirmed kill was starting on the weekend.
There's like 25 people at one locations. I thought I'd join since I haven't seen more than a few the past few days.

But, I went to the other 4 points and saw no one. I don't know what their camping plan is.

ZenaxPure

Also how do you track your progress until Lvl3 Stables? I keep doing the quest, but nothing is changing.

It seems confusing at first but there is a pattern to it. Eventually the mobs you kill will be in Nagrand and you will kill a different one each day until you fight the final boss at which point you get the mount, have to fully train all of them to get the level 3 stables. Best I could tell you can't track it directly, but, if you pick up the claw of sethe as soon as you can and do it alongside your dailies you can track it that way through the Advanced Husbandry achievement, you will get your level 3 stables when everything is 6/6 in the achievement pretty much.

Speaking of which, if stables people missed that item somehow they should grab it, the achievement doesn't list it but you get an additional mount from the stables by completing the Advanced Husbandry achievement, the Armored Frostboar.

Angry Grimace

There's like 25 people at one locations. I thought I'd join since I haven't seen more than a few the past few days.

But, I went to the other 4 points and saw no one. I don't know what their camping plan is.

Its probably "I just saw mount lets camp." Its not gonna show up the day of server restarts. I am super glad I have it already since its the only mount in the cycle that's not just a recolor of a stable mount.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Is there any reason to have mining/herbalism at this point? What do they give that the mine and garden don't?

RPGCrazied

Ugh, 605 ilvl. I'm going to have to run a dungeon aren't I. I haven't made up my mind if I want to LFR MC for the mount. I'm hoping if I get into a group they will be at the last boss already. I know I'm not going to sit in an LFR for four hours, kick ass mount or not.

Linkyn

Ugh, 605 ilvl. I'm going to have to run a dungeon aren't I. I haven't made up my mind if I want to LFR MC for the mount. I'm hoping if I get into a group they will be at the last boss already. I know I'm not going to sit in an LFR for four hours, kick ass mount or not.

The weird thing is that every group I was in started out as complete garbage, but somehow managed to turn things around by the time we were fighting Geddon and Shazzrah. Almost like they learned to dispel and not pull every trash mob in the instance.

Ultratech

The key here is to do a range of objectives, picking stuff up and clicking on items gives you a lot of progress, killing a rare gives at least 25%. Also sometimes there are hidden objectives. It's really not bad at all and shouldn't take more than 15 minutes if done properly. Some of the items you use are really fun too.

Yup.

Killing a Rare usually fills 25-30% of the bar, so that's worth doing.
Other stuff like killing harder mobs or clicking on relevant items/objects reward more % towards the objective as well.

Like the Shattrath solo daily has stuff like scrolls you can burn and cannons you can blow up, and they usually add like 3% to the bar (compared to most mobs that give 1-2%).

HOLY SHIT they must've buffed enchanting because I got MAD amounts of Draenic Dust for disenchanting a few blues

Bah, they would do that shit after all the effort I spent DEing quest gear. :(

vocab

The weird thing is that every group I was in started out as complete garbage, but somehow managed to turn things around by the time we were fighting Geddon and Shazzrah. Almost like they learned to dispel and not pull every trash mob in the instance.
They should of made people run back on a wipe. That would teach em what vanilla was really like. Those good old days right guys? Idiots.

RPGCrazied

I heard horror stories of groups wiping on the first trash of the instance, lol.

Question about those "Attack on" dailies for Apexis crystals. Is there a way to see how much longer you have to getting it complete? Yesterday was close to 45 minutes before it finished. Of course a lot of players were there. Can you still get credit if you help kill things other have tapped?

Dresden

Question about those "Attack on" dailies for Apexis crystals. Is there a way to see how much longer you have to getting it complete? Yesterday was close to 45 minutes before it finished. Of course a lot of players were there. Can you still get credit if you help kill things other have tapped?

You get a little meter in your objectives. Gotta party up because randoms don't share taps. You can form raids, too, which is especially nice for the Pit.

Reaching that casual scrub moment where I'm running out of shit to do. 40 min queues for dungeons. Horde on my server is getting 24/7 farmed in ashram so there's fewer and fewer of us turning up there. I play a melee class so even the blob that forms feels a little rough for me. Garrisons, I'm not sure...on one hand, thank god for broken bones, on the other it's obliterated my meagre gold pile and I'm still stocking up on bars to make a weapon with.

And now they've nerfed my gladiator stance which I was actually really enjoying, and hoping they'd add to the prot pallies as well.

Molten core was enjoyable again though.

When did Thrall become so neutral? Bad ass horde leader Thrall is better

They need to kill his ass already.

Yoshichan

Killing Thrall is like killing Metzen. Not gonna happen.

StayDead

I like Neutral Thrall, his character in general leans to him being Neutral anyway.

I kinda like how they fucked with Jaina too, she was this paragon of Neutrality then she went and ordered a massacre of the sunreavers in Dalaran. Then Varian told her she was really dumb and I agree haha.

Yoshichan

So how "lucky" was I to get an epic ring (640) for my first challenge mode daily? Is it a common thing or was luck greatly involved?

Rapstah

Why not just use him again? ;_;

I have two other shamans on Ragnaros EU. The deleted shaman had no items or fun achievements. Enough was enough, and it was time for a change.

I'm actually sort of confused by how I ended up with three shamans on this server. I don't think I'm deleting anyone else.

StayDead

I have two other shamans on Ragnaros EU. The deleted shaman had no items or fun achievements. Enough was enough, and it was time for a change.

I'm actually sort of confused by how I ended up with three shamans on this server. I don't think I'm deleting anyone else.

Oh I thought it was your only Shaman. 3 on one server o_o

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So how "lucky" was I to get an epic ring (640) for my first challenge mode daily? Is it a common thing or was luck greatly involved?
Challenge mode dailies guarantee a 640. If it has good stats on it that you can use than I guess you're lucky.

Azzurri

SO in the latest PC Gamer article they said Garrison will not carry over to the next x-pac. Seems kind weird to put so much time, just to get rid of em later.

“In some ways,” Chilton says, “I wish we had kept some features bound to the expansions they lived in to make room for more innovation without players feeling like we were taking something away.” He points to the Archaeology profession introduced in Cataclysm as an example; he wishes they’d removed it in time for Mists of Pandaria. It’s a practice he intends to follow in the future. The garrisons introduced in the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion, for instance, won’t carry over to whatever comes next.

StayDead

He points to the Archaeology profession introduced in Cataclysm as an example; he wishes they’d removed it in time for Mists of Pandaria

What. I like Archeology. You can't just go removing proffesions. Also I want Garrisons to come back :/

That really annoys me when companies take out features when they make an expansion/update purely because they want to be seem to making something new. If somethings good, don't take it out. You don't take Jumping on stuff out of a Mario game because it's been done.

Top Bottom