• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Tacitus_

SO in the latest PC Gamer article they said Garrison will not carry over to the next x-pac. Seems kind weird to put so much time, just to get rid of em later.

This has been known for ages already. I think since last blizzcon or something? They said that they might bring them back in some form, but the draenor garrisons won't be relevant in the next expansion.

Kintaco

So trying to do the "Only the Penitent" achievement, but not sure how the lock out works. I killed all the bosses up till Staghelm, does that mean anyone that groups with me can't be locked to the raid? I'm not too familiar with how these lock outs work.

Azzurri

So do you have to actually run to the dungeon? Or is it an instant port from the dungeon finder. I see some twitchers actually fly to the entrances and such?

Peachpies

So do you have to actually run to the dungeon? Or is it an instant port from the dungeon finder. I see some twitchers actually fly to the entrances and such?
if you are using the dungeon finder it will port you in, for challenge modes you have to run in though

vocab

If you dont meet ilvl you can go to the dungeon by foot cause queue wont let you. However, anyone usually going to the dungeon on foot is doing challenge modes.

Atlantis

The new BE models look pretty great, but really what I'm most excited for is animation upgrades for them. Female Blood Elf ranged attacking and casting just looks so wonky to me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's +6 ilvls to a piece of dungeon gear. All dungeon gear have a slight chance to be a little better than the base dungeon gear.
Additional Properties

Armor pieces may have three other properties at random. First, items may be higher Item Level than normal. For sake of this discussion, we’ll call these items Warforged for now.

Second, items may have gem sockets. Unlike gem sockets today, gem sockets in Warlords of Draenor will be rarer but more powerful. There will be no socket bonuses, but we are strongly considering requiring the right color gem for the socket. All gems will grant secondary stats, including Spirit and Bonus Armor (see below).

Finally, items may have tertiary stats. These include things like a bonus to Movement Speed, Sturdiness, Life Steal, Avoidance (less AoE damage), and Cleave. Because of the rarity of tertiary stats, stacking them to produce (for example) a Movement Speed set will take enormous effort.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ha, I was typing on neogaf and came back to a random corehound line
NbHj8GH.jpg

Haly

Someone in my guild sold a BoE epic for 120k.

It's fitting that the people most desperate to push their ilvls to the max also have the most money to blow.

Woo! Finally joined the 100 club! Dinged during that first quest chain in Spires so it took me about three full zones to do it. I feel like the most under geared 100 at 585 though. Haha. Ah well. Still taking shit down and I'll be replacing soon enough as I clear out zones.

royalan

This has been known for ages already. I think since last blizzcon or something? They said that they might bring them back in some form, but the draenor garrisons won't be relevant in the next expansion.

I honestly can't imagine them not continuing with garrisons in the next expansions. It is easily one of the best things they've ever done. And, from what I've seen, the player response to them has been extremely positive.

Obviously, from a storyline standpoint we won't be continuing with this particular garrison. But I'll will eat my hat if they don't do garrison's at all next expansion.

Haly

Some sort of persistent player housing + expac-unique ships is my guess.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I honestly can't imagine them not continuing with garrisons in the next expansions. It is easily one of the best things they've ever done. And, from what I've seen, the player response to them has been extremely positive.

Obviously, from a storyline standpoint we won't be continuing with this particular garrison. But I'll will eat my hat if they don't do garrison's at all next expansion.

Unless the next expansion is a new continent on Draenor.

Jarnet87

Molten Core is an absolute nightmare in LFR. Vanilla and BC may have been short on raid mechanics but you had to do fundamental and small things like actually wait for patrols and dispel. Took around 3 hours with at least 12-15 wipes, maybe one of them to a boss and not trash. We wiped 5 or 6 times on a ramp area after Geddon because people kept aggroing the mobs on the other side or not going back far enough and aggroing core hound patrols.

Before logging I decided to try Bronze tanking on my Monk and it was pathetic. I one shot it on my Monk and on my Druid I got a lucky disconnect that somehow finished it when I couldn't. Did bronze and silver heals so am ready to get my heroic dungeon on.

Haly

So you're not swapping in and out your entire stable of followers to level them up at the same time while making the most of their abilities/traits.

Apt101

I've taken to assigning my lowest level followers to high missions, because even when failing they earn more than double what they would for a success at their own level. Fuck it.

TheYanger

I've taken to assigning my lowest level followers to high missions, because even when failing they earn more than double what they would for a success at their own level. Fuck it.

No they don't, they get 10% if a mission is red to them. Max level missions have like 1-2.5k base XP, a level 90 mission will give like 100 + 100 at the absolute lowest.

nerv

I've got my 100 Hexweave from Tailoring now.
Which piece would you recommend crafting?
Just the one I'm lacking itemlevels or should I gamble on the upgrade path on an off slot like bracers so I won't have to replace it with the tier set?

Alex

Garrisons, in some form, should absolutely carry over and return, it'd be asinine if they just jettisoned all of it. They're a lot of fun and added a lot to the questing game as well.

Agree that they should just find some manner to implement it as a persistent element.

I'm not really happy with most quest based leveling nowadays but I gotta say 90-100 is probably some of the most fun I've had in an MMO. The amount of secrets, easter eggs and exploration incentives they added is ridiculous. Draenor is one of the most fleshed out and inspired landmasses in any game I've ever played.

TheYanger

I missed that, but they're still leveling more rapidly, so whatever works.

They'll absolutely level faster if you do level appropriate stuff :) Even orange isn't great unless you have no choice. Orange = 50% xp, Red = 10%. The higher level missions aren't worth enough more base xp (Given that they won't succeed at them) to offset the massive cut. You're free to feel whatever anecdotal evidence you want, but it's basic math, trust me I've levelled a lot of dudes heh.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just reached ilvl 615 today so hopefully I can get in a run of Molten Core for the first time tomorrow morning.

Haly

I saw another Greater gem for 24k.

I'm this close to dropping engineering and getting Jewelcrafting up and running to get in on that.

nerv

So for ret paladins, which stat should have more priroty - haste or mastery?

For accurate stat simulations you might want to download SimulationCraft off http://www.simulationcraft.org/.

You need to check "Enable Scaling" after importing your character data under the scaling tab and select the stats you want to have weighted in your simulation results.

For more advanced documentation check out the official wiki:
https://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/DocumentationTOC

Top Bottom