• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So is there any I need to do for my salvage yard other than sending followers on missions? That's the only way salvage is recovered, right?

That's all the use I've seen for it so far.

Someone said if you want to keep it dropping gear for followers to not level it up past level 2, but that wouldn't make sense to me.

But I've kept it on 2 until I can find out for sure. My followers are all nearing level 100, but their ilevel is abysmal.

TheYanger

Lucky you, it didn't work for me. The lag was so bad nothing would spawn at all for 15+ minutes at a time, and when you actually saw a mob on your screen you couldn't actually do anything to it, whether that was attacking it or any other form of interacting with it. Never mind trying to do quests that were anything more complicated than kill X mobs. You couldn't do shit on Stormreaver until they started implementing their hotfixes. And I was lucky, I didn't even have to deal with the queues because I was able to stay logged in, so it could have been even worse.

Why does them crediting us for the time their product didn't work make it okay? That's the minimum they should have done. I'm literally paying them for every hour of the week outside of scheduled server maintenance, they had better be reimbursing me for that time. If they knew it was going to be this absolute shitshow and there was truly nothing they could have done, they should have included the free game time with the expansion and stated it up front - "Our servers are going to crap out on you until we fix them, so we're giving you a few free days to make up for it".

Um. What? What do you want them to do? Drive to your house and blow you? Pay you your salary times the amount of hours that the servers were bad? They gave you FIVE days of free time for THREE days of not even downtime but 'hard to play' time.

If you played on a medium or lower pop server you didn't even have trouble that long, if you played on Illidan, well you should PROBABLY expect it by now and they've offered tons of free transfers from there over the years.

You didn't have to sit there when they were having problems, I know I didn't have to either. Heck, I queued up and eyeballed the number and left the house for 6 hours at a time if I thought I could get away with it. Nothing stopped you from simply waiting for this to blow over.

CassSept

Um. I played on launch day, and the next day. It had queues and shit, and that sucks, but the game worked. It had 3 rough days and they credited us all 5, so...no, I don't have a problem with it? They made the perfect amends already.

Mqybe it depends on the server? Burning Legion EU was borderline unplayable on the 14th, I could barely get past the first chain in Frostridge because mobs constantly phased in and out and when I could engage them I were struck by several seconds of lag.

I'm glad they are giving 5 days, that's great of them, but it doesn't make tge launch any less of a disaster.

TheYanger

Mqybe it depends on the server? Burning Legion EU was borderline unplayable on the 14th, I could barely get past the first chain in Frostridge because mobs constantly phased in and out and when I could engage them I were struck by several seconds of lag.

I'm glad they are giving 5 days, that's great of them, but it doesn't make tge launch any less of a disaster.

It doesn't retroactively put us back in time? I'm shocked at that. Seriously though, what do you actually expect? Shit happens. In this case the garrisons caused some issues that forced them to lower the population caps briefly, the game mostly still worked, and 'borderline unplayable' on the 14th is one day after launch. It mostly depended on how far ahead of the pack you got, most of the people I knew that beat FFR/SMV very qucikly (via dungeons, since the one quest was busted for the telescope) had no issues.

I'm genuinely shocked to see anyone still mad now about the game half working for a couple of days at launch after they've made more amends than they really needed to, there's very literally nothing else for Blizz to do with the matter.

Lanrutcon

That's all the use I've seen for it so far.

Someone said if you want to keep it dropping gear for followers to not level it up past level 2, but that wouldn't make sense to me.

But I've kept it on 2 until I can find out for sure. My followers are all nearing level 100, but their ilevel is abysmal.

I've been having an incredible streak with salvage in the last few days: an ilvl 645 weapon, an ilvl 645 armor, several ilevel 630 weapons and some +9 weapons. I still haven't quite got the hang of the War Mill yet. Sometimes I get a piece of scrap from a work order, sometimes I get a batch of follower gear.

If anyone is serious about your followers: get a Salvage Yard asap. Leveling your followers is easy compared to gearing them.

I've been having an incredible streak with salvage in the last few days: an ilvl 645 weapon, an ilvl 645 armor, several ilevel 630 weapons and some +9 weapons. I still haven't quite got the hang of the War Mill yet. Sometimes I get a piece of scrap from a work order, sometimes I get a batch of follower gear.

If anyone is serious about your followers: get a Salvage Yard asap. Leveling your followers is easy compared to gearing them.

Yeah, just built one. Excited to see what it yields.

cdyhybrid

Um. What? What do you want them to do? Drive to your house and blow you? Pay you your salary times the amount of hours that the servers were bad? They gave you FIVE days of free time for THREE days of not even downtime but 'hard to play' time.

I wanted them to do exactly what they did. My problem isn't really with them anymore, as evidenced by the fact that I'm still giving them my business.

My problem is with people who want to just let issues like this slide, because then it's never going to change. The attitude that consumers should be perfectly fine with paying for a product that isn't 100% functional from the second you pay for it is infuriating to me. It's ridiculous.

If you played on a medium or lower pop server you didn't even have trouble that long,

If I played on a medium or lower pop server I wouldn't have even bought the expansion, because they're fucking awful to play on compared to the populated servers (when they're working, that is).

if you played on Illidan, well you should PROBABLY expect it by now and they've offered tons of free transfers from there over the years.

You don't see a problem with expecting a product you're paying for to not work?

You didn't have to sit there when they were having problems, I know I didn't have to either. Heck, I queued up and eyeballed the number and left the house for 6 hours at a time if I thought I could get away with it. Nothing stopped you from simply waiting for this to blow over.

I didn't sit there when they were having the problems, because I had no choice. I could have sat there and stared at my computer screen and accomplished nothing for hours, or done something else. That doesn't make it alright.

Lanrutcon

Yeah, just built one. Excited to see what it yields.

The level 3 blueprint is unlocked from opening 500 crates of salvage or something. Once you got a yard, make sure to always do as many missions as you can even if they award crap since you can get salvage from them. Salvage yeilds are erratic, but boy you get some neat stuff every now and then.

CassSept

It doesn't retroactively put us back in time? I'm shocked at that. Seriously though, what do you actually expect? Shit happens. In this case the garrisons caused some issues that forced them to lower the population caps briefly, the game mostly still worked, and 'borderline unplayable' on the 14th is one day after launch. It mostly depended on how far ahead of the pack you got, most of the people I knew that beat FFR/SMV very qucikly (via dungeons, since the one quest was busted for the telescope) had no issues.

I'm genuinely shocked to see anyone still mad now about the game half working for a couple of days at launch after they've made more amends than they really needed to, there's very literally nothing else for Blizz to do with the matter.

Jfc, I don't expect them to do anything, they've already handled it way better than I expected (for reference, WotLK 3.0 was waaay worse and we only got one day from that), I'm just stating the fact that the launch was disastrous, laggy mess - which it was, simple as that.

Rizzi

The level 3 blueprint is unlocked from opening 500 crates of salvage or something. Once you got a yard, make sure to always do as many missions as you can even if they award crap since you can get salvage from them. Salvage yeilds are erratic, but boy you get some neat stuff every now and then.

It's 100 salvage.

StayDead

What's the difference between dungeons and a group area of max level mobs with patrolling elites?

They're done handing things to people. Its a way to keep those items sparse and more rewarding. Its not like old rep to get your shoulder enchant or enchanting recipie. Its not mandatory, so they time-gate it

BTW when haven't raid level craftables taken a long time to make? Thunderforged ingots and celestial cloth took 24 days before you could make something. And then it was just pants and belt.

If anything they removed the time gating. MoP rep was awful. Set amount of rep per day due to the stupid dailies so it took forever to get what I wanted v_v

Robin64

If anything they removed the time gating. MoP rep was awful. Set amount of rep per day due to the stupid dailies so it took forever to get what I wanted v_v

Never even got my tailor to get the recipe for bags from Exalted with August Celestials because of that. Just never got lucky with that popping, and was already sick of them anyway having reached Exalted on my main. Recipe should have been BoE, dammit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
WW monk is so broken. Hate seeing specs like that because it's obvious other melee DPS will never be brought up to their level. Amazing single target damage, strong AOE, high mobility.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
well, guys, I want to go back into the game. I'm from europe (germany)..is there a Gaf guild or something? With the lvl 90 boost I would not mind going on a different server.

StayDead

do i need the recount addon for dps

Healing or DPS it's nice to use something like recount as it can track how well you're doing vs other people and if you're in a raid you can see what other people of the same class are doing differently to you to make them better so you can learn from them.

Daniel R

I'm concerned about the level 3 Salvage Yard. So far after 3 days or so it has almost completely stopped yielding follower items. I have great missions I want to run for great rewards (e.g. an ilvl 645 trinket) but my followers ilvls are stuck.

Should I raze it and get a lvl 2 salvage yard again?

I get way too many crappy old world greens, and the odd blue item.

Rapstah

"If you played on a medium population server" isn't applicable to EU. There were no medium population servers for days. Every server was locked and had a queue.

Hixx

I'm concerned about the level 3 Salvage Yard. So far after 3 days or so it has almost completely stopped yielding follower items. I have great missions I want to run for great rewards (e.g. an ilvl 645 trinket) but my followers ilvls are stuck.

Should I raze it and get a lvl 2 salvage yard again?

I get way too many crappy old world greens, and the odd blue item.

My level 2 Salvage Yard is giving me about a 25% chance to get a crate and then maybe similar to get a follower item from it.

Very frustrating seeing all these folks with ilvl 630+ followers. My highest is 616. RNGesus hates my Garrison.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I think I read on forums to keep your salvage yard at 2, 3 is just not worth it.

TheYanger

Level 3 Salvage works fine, all the salvage is very RNG. L3 gives you 'nothing' way less often than L1/L2, and it has a reasonable chance to give you 665 epics at that.
People get a green and go 'oh I got htat instead of a follower item' when the reality is before they probably would've just gotten some gold

Daniel R

If I come home and have no follower gear from my 8 missions I will go ahead and get a lvl 2 yard again just for testing purposes.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I finally started lvling my shaman (resto main but ele for lvling) and it's night and day compared to even arcane mage. The amount of burst procs is just insane.. so easy to level.

Apt101

I've done about 50 follower missions with a level 2 salvage yard and am at 26 salvage crates recovered. Clown penis this is going to take a while to unlock level 3.

TheYanger

If I come home and have no follower gear from my 8 missions I will go ahead and get a lvl 2 yard again just for testing purposes.

The problem is that even THAT is a very small sample. I've turned in 10 missions and gotten 1 salvage before with my L2 yard. People are just kneejerk. I could flip it around and tell stories of guildies getting multiple of the epic 645 follower set items sicne upping to L3 salvage. I will never try to claim anything about the percentages because there's no way anyone knows right now, what I do know is that L3 salvage has better things that you can get than L2, and certainly it anecdotally seems at least the same in terms of follower gear.

Daniel R

The sample is larger than 8 crates. I've probably gotten at least 30-40 big crates and perhaps 2-3 of them have contained follower items.

FeD.nL

So I decided to level up my shaman to 90, and really enjoying healing in this expansion atm. But yesterday there was this guy whispering "don't level a shaman, really bad atm" and I think well i'm having fun so whatever then today another guy starts in the group chat, don't level a shaman waste of time. Are shaman really in such a bad spot because atm I don't really notice it (level 96)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I read on forums to keep your salvage yard at 2, 3 is just not worth it.

One of my guildies got a 665 BoE epic from his first rank 3 salvage box.

Also, just saw in updated hotfix notes that Lava Burst did get that new multistrike mechanic on top of the 35% dmg buff:

Lava Burst now has a chance equal to the character's Critical Strike chance to trigger an additional Multistrike. This is separate from the standard two chances for Lava Burst to Multistrike; one Lava Burst could trigger up to three Multistrikes (two standard Multistrikes, plus one more from Critical Strike chance).

So I decided to level up my shaman to 90, and really enjoying healing in this expansion atm. But yesterday there was this guy whispering "don't level a shaman, really bad atm" and I think well i'm having fun so whatever then today another guy starts in the group chat, don't level a shaman waste of time. Are shaman really in such a bad spot because atm I don't really notice it (level 96)
Numbers wise they are sub par even with the most on point performance by the player. The main issue I take with my Shaman is an overly clunky routine with abilities that really don't feel as synergistic as other classes, ability pruning missed a whole bunch of still in game thoughtless buttons, talent tiers are the worst of any class.

You can play virtually any other class, use nothing but your mouse and outperform in every situation with half the effort. After Blizz's comment saying Shaman were overpowered and we just didn't know it, I think its safe to say they will remain convoluted. They could have used an overhaul 2 expansions ago, instead its more of the same. Just keep piling on buttons, nerfing buttons, then adding more to compensate, then nerfing, then adding some number increases, etc. The design of the class shows little to no considerstion for ability upgrading, replacing and updating. Add, Nerf, add, Nerf, add, Nerf, buff, add, Nerf.

No changes of substance. So I'm leveling my priest, warrior and Paladin. DPS warrior, healer and tank. I figure one of those will stick. Currently leveling priest as shadow and he's damn fun. Not mind blowing face melt but he feels great to play for a caster. Warrior is good fun, too. I love Arms tho. Prot pally is super fun to level, also. Then again I skipped MoP so I have no comparison other than Cata when my Shaman was my main as Enh.

They can be improved through design with numbers to follow but that doesn't seem like the intent with the class. I love my dual Axe wielding orc maniac but he's going to sit WoW out until a major overhaul hits.

Then again, if you think its fun and feel like you are performing well, go for it. All about preference. I just feel like I'm holding groups back on my shaman. I don't care to be best, I care to be viable, however.

Apt101

I played my shaman for about 45 minutes, and it felt a lot like how retribution paladins felt back in the day - when they had to rely on seal twisting and judging, situational abilities, one decent attack, and procs. It was tiresome busy work that when executed perfectly and blessed by the RNG gods still resulted in less efficiency than every other class's DPS roles. It swung wildly in the other direction during WotLK, when ret pallies basically just cycled through a bunch of moves on cooldown. We ran BG's for a while there thanks to faceroll burst damage, and even under-geared rets could do well in the damage charts by mashing buttons.

I don't know where Blizzard is going with shaman, but they seem awfully fixated with tweaking Lava Burst. I think they really need to think beyond that and simplify things.

Numbers wise they are sub par even with the most on point performance by the player. The main issue I take with my Shaman is an overly clunky routine with abilities that really don't feel as synergistic as other classes, ability pruning missed a whole bunch of still in game thoughtless buttons, talent tiers are the worst of any class.

You can play virtually any other class, use nothing but your mouse and outperform in every situation with half the effort. After Blizz's comment saying Shaman were overpowered and we just didn't know it, I think its safe to say they will remain convoluted. They could have used an overhaul 2 expansions ago, instead its more of the same. Just keep piling on buttons, nerfing buttons, then adding more to compensate, then nerfing, then adding some number increases, etc. The design of the class shows little to no considerstion for ability upgrading, replacing and updating. Add, Nerf, add, Nerf, add, Nerf, buff, add, Nerf.

No changes of substance. So I'm leveling my priest, warrior and Paladin. DPS warrior, healer and tank. I figure one of those will stick. Currently leveling priest as shadow and he's damn fun. Not mind blowing face melt but he feels great to play for a caster. Warrior is good fun, too. I love Arms tho. Prot pally is super fun to level, also. Then again I skipped MoP so I have no comparison other than Cata when my Shaman was my main as Enh.

They can be improved through design with numbers to follow but that doesn't seem like the intent with the class. I love my dual Axe wielding orc maniac but he's going to sit WoW out until a major overhaul hits.

Then again, if you think its fun and feel like you are performing well, go for it. All about preference. I just feel like I'm holding groups back on my shaman. I don't care to be best, I care to be viable, however.

Fuuuuck that. :lol: What a stupid thing to say. "They suck" "It's your fault, you're playing them wrong."

Ultratech

Starting to get more followers to 100 now, which means I gotta utilize the War Mill a bit more.

Also, you need a LOT of XP to get a follower up to Rare/Epic... :(

But I did get a nice Rare mission last night that's supposed to reward a Relic of Rukhmar (which is like 2500 Arakkoa rep, I think?).

Salvage is so damn random, it's funny.

Usually it's junk or a Gear Token, but then you'll get stuff like lots of mats, old-world Greens, or weird stuff.

Anywho, here's this:
I suppose you can answer this, is it intentional that salvage yard level 3 keeps giving me level 20+ greens? If so that sucks D:
the salvage yard loot is SUPER ULTRA random. Level 3 will give you a better pool, but yeah, it contains... LOTS of things. LOTS. (Muffinus)

I'm an expert

And yet they felt sub par healing in mop. Not sure about this xpac yet.

lazygecko

Shaman has historically been the most shat on class by Blizzard throughout the expansions (this is the one class where bad changes made people so mad and spiteful that a community manager stopped posting on the forums).What makes it extra disheartening is that for most of MoP I think they were actually really good in every spec, probably as good as they had ever been post-vanilla. Then WoD launches and they go straight back to rock bottom. People had consistently told Blizzard about the issues with the class throughout the WoD beta but all that constructive feedback was dismissed, and we ended up exactly where testers predicted it would. It's like completely spamming the forums with rants and hateful comments is the only way to get things done.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There's a video here that compares performance on target dummies between level 90 and level 100 elemental shamans, which really hammers down the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI5cS2r7Ud8

There's obviously going to take a lot more than some moderate percentage increases to fix the fundamental issues of the class.

This is not unique to Ele (or shaman in general.) Going from end-game stat percentages at 90 to blue heroic gear at 100, combined with the stat squish, makes the actual damage diffence between the two minimal across a lot of specs. It's only particularly noteworthy for shaman because our 100 talent teir is shitty; classes with good 100 talents are pushed above end-game geared 90 DPS based on how good that talent tier is.

Shahadan

I wish they would stop correcting stuff about Garrisons Invasions because I can't even get one ! It's annoying me to no end ;_;

Fuuuuck that. :lol: What a stupid thing to say. "They suck" "It's your fault, you're playing them wrong."
Yep. That kinda scorched some earth after their comment. I don't mind not topping the meters or not being able to 1v1 any class but there currently is no middle ground with shaman. Its the bottom or nothing, at this point.

Seeing the official forums with people happy over a 20% increase to SS and LL damage for enhance is crazy. You can't tune numbers if the mechanics are bad. Numbers won't fix bloat, lackluster talents and clunky rotation. They are in dire need of some pruning and ability realignment. They don't need to replace everything, just align and improve upon some abilities and talents, then roll numbers.

Top Bottom