• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

mclem

Dilemma:

Heroic Warforged boots with Haste and Mastery
Heroic boots with Crit, Haste and a socket.

(Mastery > Crit > Haste in the last analysis, but the most recent hotfixes brought Mastery down a bit and built Haste up, although the figures haven't been tested yet to find how effective that is)

So it's Socket + Crit vs Mastery + 6 iLvls. Dilemma.

FeD.nL

Numbers wise they are sub par even with the most on point performance by the player. The main issue I take with my Shaman is an overly clunky routine with abilities that really don't feel as synergistic as other classes, ability pruning missed a whole bunch of still in game thoughtless buttons, talent tiers are the worst of any class.

You can play virtually any other class, use nothing but your mouse and outperform in every situation with half the effort. After Blizz's comment saying Shaman were overpowered and we just didn't know it, I think its safe to say they will remain convoluted. They could have used an overhaul 2 expansions ago, instead its more of the same. Just keep piling on buttons, nerfing buttons, then adding more to compensate, then nerfing, then adding some number increases, etc. The design of the class shows little to no considerstion for ability upgrading, replacing and updating. Add, Nerf, add, Nerf, add, Nerf, buff, add, Nerf.

No changes of substance. So I'm leveling my priest, warrior and Paladin. DPS warrior, healer and tank. I figure one of those will stick. Currently leveling priest as shadow and he's damn fun. Not mind blowing face melt but he feels great to play for a caster. Warrior is good fun, too. I love Arms tho. Prot pally is super fun to level, also. Then again I skipped MoP so I have no comparison other than Cata when my Shaman was my main as Enh.

They can be improved through design with numbers to follow but that doesn't seem like the intent with the class. I love my dual Axe wielding orc maniac but he's going to sit WoW out until a major overhaul hits.

Then again, if you think its fun and feel like you are performing well, go for it. All about preference. I just feel like I'm holding groups back on my shaman. I don't care to be best, I care to be viable, however.

Thanks for the info! I really enjoy healing, is a shaman viable at level 100 or am I better off leveling some other healing class (and which class would you suggest if so)

mclem

Inside the Inn, there should be one yellow and one blue quest giver every day.

I don't think that's how it works. I think the way it works is that two random quest givers there each day and the first time you encounter them, they give a yellow quest with a fun reward themed to the quest. Subsequent times, a blue, with a loot box reward.

Tarazet

It feels like an extremely anti-ranged expansion so far. All of the half-decent specs are melee, except Marks and Shadow Priest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I should have never downloaded handynotes Draenor treasures. Spending way too much time clearing everything off the map on every single alt.

Tacitus_

You sure? Ranged DPS is outDPSing my Arms warrior.

Or maybe I am shit after all ;_;

Ranged dps is fine if we can just stand and nuke, but moving absolutely destroys our DPS (unless you're a hunter, because they don't care about the rules).

Apt101

Another heroic down, my legendary ring quest done, and two upgrades. 630 necklace replaced my other 630, better secondary stats (haste and mastery rather than multi and versatility), and 630 gloves to replace my 620's. Yee-uhh.

Edit: and shamans, welcome to the state of paladins for years. We were told we'd never get a strike, we were fine, we're playing them wrong, an item added whose description was "it's either a doll of a little girl, or a paladin", etc, etc. For all the flack Ghostcrawler got, the paladin class did finally get fixed under his watch.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Starting to get more followers to 100 now, which means I gotta utilize the War Mill a bit more.

Also, you need a LOT of XP to get a follower up to Rare/Epic... :(

But I did get a nice Rare mission last night that's supposed to reward a Relic of Rukhmar (which is like 2500 Arakkoa rep, I think?).

Salvage is so damn random, it's funny.

Usually it's junk or a Gear Token, but then you'll get stuff like lots of mats, old-world Greens, or weird stuff.

Anywho, here's this:

One of my guildmates got a sword that looks like Frostmourne. Kinda bad ass.

Owensboro

I've got my 100 Hexweave from Tailoring now.
Which piece would you recommend crafting?
Just the one I'm lacking itemlevels or should I gamble on the upgrade path on an off slot like bracers so I won't have to replace it with the tier set?

Man, I'm in the same boat. No idea if I should replace a big piece or go for one that I assume won't get replaced easy. Realistically, we should probably pick a piece we want to upgrade all the way to Level 3 with the crafting items that boost level. That means no setpiece. Hrmmm.

I'm also thinking of working trade for a bit and selling the *craft* instead of just the item. I've got enough books to buy any recipe, they'd just have to commit to buying a random item. No idea how that's going to work.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Finally got my 680 ring and managed to up my ilvl to 635. *pats myself back*

I am officially ready to raid Highmaul with my fellow guildies. ;)

Rizzi

And in a pure asshole move, I had a tank grab the peachick hatchling, and pull a bunch of shit and just leave.
Edit- The entire group left. Awesome.

Interfectum

I can't do shit as melee in Ashran.

Yup, same. As a DK I'm having a hard time doing anything in Ashran besides pulling people into our group and hoping people focus fire. Melee sucks for these big PvP battles. I just melt if I attempt to get close. I'm tempted to dust off my 90 Hunter so I can join in on the melting of faces.

Tacitus_

I mean... Sniper training going away can destroy your dps if you move for too long.

And as destruction warlock, the only thing that we can cast while moving and has no cooldown, does less damage than our melee strikes and costs 1/4 of our mana bar. The single dot and pets will make you not completely dead in the water but heavy movement fights over halve my damage. It's just embarrassing currently.

NeoCross

I mean... Sniper training going away can destroy your dps if you move for too long.

As a hunter I find that even if I lose like 1-5 seconds of sniper training when moving on encounters it doesn't effect my DPS much. I still am always topping heroics as MM. Marksman damage is just ridiculous now with Chimaera cleaves and Imp. kill shot and Barrage as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You know what would be really cool? A garrison app. Send followers on missions, do work orders, stuff like that.

Asked this every day since launch. IT WILL HAPPEN! Blizz will announce it next Blizzcon

Touch

so my druid has gathering professions (mining and herbing). what buildings would be optimal for my garrison? or should I reroll prefessions?

Apt101

I ran into a enhancement shaman in Ashran at the Arena. I just judged him and stood there. He went into his rotations and I calmly knocked down his totems and healed up. I think he got me to half health with me doing nothing but running in circles. Stunned him and danced. Felt bad so I just sent him to prison instead of killing him. Lord that spec needs help.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I currently have 3 of my 630+ ilevel followers out on an 8 hour mission with a 91% chance to get me an epic 645 trinket. Please RNG do not forsake me!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so the day I decide to switch from demo to destro lock, demo gets 25% buff to their core abilities, and while destro get's an 8% buff to most core abilities, Rain of Fire gets slammed with a 60% nerf.

fml.

with that being said, I switched from demo because the rotation was unintuitive, confusing, and frankly just not fun (and this is coming from someone who LOVED the complex priority system of Shadow Priest). So I'm sticking with destro which at least has a slightly more sane priority system.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Demo lock rotation is actually pretty simple with demon bolt. Keep both dots up, use molten core procs at will, spam SB filler, and when you are full of fury go meta and blast out 4 demon bolts.

I am bad at perfecting the clipping of hand of gul'dan to refresh itself with ~1 second left though.

Robin64

yzWeUB3.png

borghe

Demo lock rotation is nuts, I agree. Don't like it that much either.

basically demo priority is

keep corruption up
spam shadow bolt until 1000 demon fury
switch to metamorphisis
puke on keyboard until/unless you are out of demon fury which you shouldn't be as you should be moving in and out between keeping it up while puking on your keyboard and don't forget your CDs but try to keep doom up but don't hit it early but you're out of demon fury so weave in and out *BRAIN EXPLODES*

then you move onto the next mob.

oh btw... most dungeon trash is dead before your 3rd shadow bolt.

oh, and you have full demon fury on this mob (like the 4th or 5th trash mob) but don't spend your fury because you'll need it for the big boss coming up.

seriously.. demonology seems like a spec that at casual glance you are like "oh man.. there are so many options to play with and tweak.. so many tools at your disposal!!!"

but in reality it's like I said.. trash is dead before you get to play with any of those options, leaving you to just suck with corruption and like 2 shadow bolts on trash DPS and be middle of the pack on boss DPS.

Demo lock rotation is actually pretty simple with demon bolt. Keep both dots up, use molten core procs at will, spam SB filler, and when you are full of fury go meta and blast out 4 demon bolts.

I am bad at perfecting the clipping of hand of gul'dan to refresh itself with ~1 second left though.

the problem above (and biggest problem with demo) is using your molten core procs at will is a sizable DPS loss if you're using them outside of metamorphisis where they get a 12% buff.

I DID play it like you suggested, and my DPS tanked.

What I finally changed to was skip molten core procs and then (depending on how many you have accumulated) above 20% and while in metamorph, start spamming molten core on the boss.. say you have 10 stacks, at 25-29% you should be able to burn through 9 of those stacks hitting 1 stack at or just before 20%

Apt101

Yay 631 PvE iLvL, I can relax and take it slow. My new guild is the shit. It has been a long time since I've run with a proper group of villains.

Robin64

Woah, there's a Garrison mission that awards a sizable amount of both the currencies used in Halaa. This is awesome, it's almost impossible to get the PvP tokens for that now.

Anoregon

the problem above (and biggest problem with demo) is using your molten core procs at will is a sizable DPS loss if you're using them outside of metamorphisis where they get a 12% buff.

Saving molten core procs for meta only makes sense if you don't have demon bolt. With demonbolt, by far the best use of your meta time is on demonbolt, with the caveat that you never want to get above 4 stacks of the +damage/cost buff. If you are approaching full fury and the stacks have not yet fallen off, only then should you be saving MC procs for meta.

NeoCross

Just seems kind of annoying to switch talents that often, I guess. Like every time your dungeon pops.

It get's a little tiresome yeah. I always do change around my talents though. Especially barrage, because that skill alone can get hunters kicked from a lot of dungeons, lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Happens too often that I get stuck in the loading screen from an instance to my garrison

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why does Assassination have all these sound effect and animations for its main attacks, but combats attacks all sound like a light breeze and the character doesn't seem to do anything?

borghe

Saving molten core procs for meta only makes sense if you don't have demon bolt. With demonbolt, by far the best use of your meta time is on demonbolt, with the caveat that you never want to get above 4 stacks of the +damage/cost buff. If you are approaching full fury and the stacks have not yet fallen off, only then should you be saving MC procs for meta.

I'm looking through and I see that this seems to be the case.. demonbolt (starting with zero stacks) ends up about twice as much as full molten core procs..

that makes it better.. though it still makes it an awkward situation on trash. I don't know.. I have destro as my second spec.. so maybe I'll play with demo some more with these buffs and see if it's less annoying.

CassSept

Why does Assassination have all these sound effect and animations for its main attacks, but combats attacks all sound like a light breeze and the character doesn't seem to do anything?

Because Assassination's main attacks were introduced in TBC, while Combat's were (mostly) in Vanilla :)

Anoregon

Yeah the fury mechanic is always gonna make trash weird, since you either want to save it for bosses or stuff doesn't live long enough for it to really reach full potential.

Top Bottom