• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

sora87

Wut. We're stronger than ever feels like!

How were we nerfed?

I dunno, maybe I've just forgot how to play my class but I just don't feel as strong as I used to, can't pass silver proving grounds because my AoE feels weak as hell. Tried healing too and passed bronze just barely, went out of mana pretty easily. I felt like I should roll another class but just can't bring myself to.

Magnus

I dunno, maybe I've just forgot how to play my class but I just don't feel as strong as I used to, can't pass silver proving grounds because my AoE feels weak as hell. Tried healing too and passed bronze just barely, went out of mana pretty easily. I felt like I should roll another class but just can't bring myself to.

I don't recall there being a strong need for AoE in silver proving grounds...?

But yeah, unsure what to tell you, except that there may be a couple of fundamental things you can look at or address that you may be doing incorrectly, since all the proving grounds up to silver are kind of easy.

For heals, which Chakra are you in? In a 5man environment, stay in Serenity. Keep a Renew rolling on the tank by refreshing serenity on him every CD or as needed. You can spam Heal on a tank taking Low but sustained damage and basically spend no mana at all. Flash heal spam for emergencies, which will be the one major mana drain. Cascade when 3 or more people are down 20% or more. (CoH for less damage) Divine Hymn during heavy sustained party wide damage. You win!

Grim Rail has a significant curve in heroic compared to the rest of the instances. Mainly because the fight mechanics don't allow for straight faceroll. Funny how the last boss is by far the easiest to comprehend and kill.

Mupod

Played a bit last night, boosted my 80 druid to 90 - nice to see that my fucking name wasn't stolen this time. Although two-letter names might be impossible to make these days so I guess nobody would try. But yeah, by 'played a bit' I mean I spent hours fooling around with keybinds. At least I apparently don't need to worry about making space for 4-5 new abilities as I level, just my last talent - and for cat that's not a problem since it's passive.

Bear doesn't feel much different from what I'm used to. More cooldowns I guess, and more self-heals.

Cat on the other hand is nuts. I think I'm going to level in this spec outside of dungeons just to get used to it again. I last played cat DPS in WOTLK where the dps rotation was 'JOHN FUCKIN MADDEN' and it doesn't seem to have fundamentally changed. Still lots of omen of clarity/crit combo point RNG and making sure Rip goes up at the right time. Just now I can heal myself a lot. Looking forward to cat man form in pvp.

Honestly if I could show what they did to cat druids to myself 9 years ago he'd have tears of joy in his eyes. I used to bend over backwards trying to find a viable 'true hybrid' spec that could fill multiple roles in a fight. Looking back it's crazy how druids were treated back in vanilla, it even took years for us to get potions in forms.

Yaari

Going to jump on that 5$ deal. I'll give it a shot. I was able to look up my old character through some website, here's the date I last played.. haha. Nov 27, 05

I wonder if I'll be lagging hard if I will play on the US servers while living within EU? My own connection is pretty solid, was reading about 200ms but not sure how bad that is anymore, it's been such a long time.

Lanrutcon

Played a bit last night, boosted my 80 druid to 90 - nice to see that my fucking name wasn't stolen this time. Although two-letter names might be impossible to make these days so I guess nobody would try. But yeah, by 'played a bit' I mean I spent hours fooling around with keybinds. At least I apparently don't need to worry about making space for 4-5 new abilities as I level, just my last talent - and for cat that's not a problem since it's passive.

Bear doesn't feel much different from what I'm used to. More cooldowns I guess, and more self-heals.

Cat on the other hand is nuts. I think I'm going to level in this spec outside of dungeons just to get used to it again. I last played cat DPS in WOTLK where the dps rotation was 'JOHN FUCKIN MADDEN' and it doesn't seem to have fundamentally changed. Still lots of omen of clarity/crit combo point RNG and making sure Rip goes up at the right time. Just now I can heal myself a lot. Looking forward to cat man form in pvp.

Honestly if I could show what they did to cat druids to myself 9 years ago he'd have tears of joy in his eyes. I used to bend over backwards trying to find a viable 'true hybrid' spec that could fill multiple roles in a fight. Looking back it's crazy how druids were treated back in vanilla, it even took years for us to get potions in forms.

What? You dudes were straight up unkillable in pvp for ages. Your raid healing was so silly it was nerfed, then in BC it got silly again and had to be re-nerfed. There was a time when there was literally no reason not to take a bear tank to...well, everything.

Every class has had dark times, but Druids are currently gods and it's not the first time they've enjoyed this level of supremacy.

sora87

The rounds were you have to take down like 6+ mobs are my problem, my friends said they just AoE'd down everything but I'm not fairing so well, normally 1 or 2 mobs left by the timer runs out.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my god, I didn't believe them when they said that Cata raids on 25 man heroic were basically free money BUT GODDAMN they are free money!

The gold drop seems to be personal loot so if you solo it or bring a friend you always seem to get about 125 to 144 gold per boss kill. On top of that because you are on 25 man heroic the bosses drop like 7 pieces of gear or something insane each one vendoring for between 20 and 75 gold

I made like 5k gold in an hour or so, the hardest bosses were easily ultraxion (couldn't solo it on my DK needed a friend so we could kill him before his big burst) and spine, but spine mainly because it just took a while.

Mupod

What? You dudes were straight up unkillable in pvp for ages. Your raid healing was so silly it was nerfed, then in BC it got silly again and had to be re-nerfed. There was a time when there was literally no reason not to take a bear tank to...well, everything.

Every class has had dark times, but Druids are currently gods and it's not the first time they've enjoyed this level of supremacy.

I don't see how most of this is relevant to what I said. I was specifically talking about playing a hybrid/feral in vanilla, not about whether druid healing was OP long after I'd stopped playing a healer. Nice to hear druids are in a good spot right now though.

Anyways, whether or not they had good armor and hp, horde bear tanks could not be MTs for a lot of vanilla because they had no fear breaks, period. There was no proper high-end itemization for tanking, although through sheer stubborn-ness I was able to get to the point where I could tank some stuff in Naxx. Cat form was utterly useless for its intended purpose, stealth was nice as a pvp healer though. If all you wanted to do was heal and run flags in WSG - sure, druids were great. But don't fucking tell me the class didn't have MAJOR ignored issues regarding its hybrid aspects for years. Blizzard would agree with me, just look at the class now.

BC was where things started to get better, and nowhere in my post did I say otherwise. I got to experience bear form at its most ridiculous, in that first month I was doing 40% of my Kara group's DPS while tanking (that got nerfed REAL fast). But for most of BC raiding bear tanks were best in an offtank role while warriors maintained the MT spotlight. I didn't mind because I loved that role, cat dps was pretty sorta decent even when wearing bear gear so you could switch forms mid-fight when your adds were dead. A bit disappointed that doesn't really seem feasible anymore, but the direction they went (more specialization) seems to make a lot more sense.

TheYanger

um. in Vanilla? You even bolded it.
In Vanilla druids were hot garbage. Awful healers (the worst, actually), could not tank, Balance was a joke spec. They didn't do anything well.

Only use I ever knew for druids was A) healing cause you didn't have 9 priests of course. B) innervating people, which was a 31 point talent at that. C) I know at least one guild that used bears (healers in bear spec/form) to tank on 4 horsemen, they didn't need the set bonus to hit taunts because of their spell hit gear. That's it.

I mean none of this REALLY mattered because content was easy enough that people weren't minmaxing that hard, but yeah.

Lanrutcon

I don't see how most of this is relevant to what I said. I was specifically talking about playing a hybrid/feral in vanilla, not about whether druid healing was OP long after I'd stopped playing a healer. Nice to hear druids are in a good spot right now though.

Anyways, whether or not they had good armor and hp, horde bear tanks could not be MTs for a lot of vanilla because they had no fear breaks, period. There was no proper high-end itemization for tanking, although through sheer stubborn-ness I was able to get to the point where I could tank some stuff in Naxx. Cat form was utterly useless for its intended purpose, stealth was nice as a pvp healer though. If all you wanted to do was heal and run flags in WSG - sure, druids were great. But don't fucking tell me the class didn't have MAJOR ignored issues regarding its hybrid aspects for years. Blizzard would agree with me, just look at the class now.

BC was where things started to get better, and nowhere in my post did I say otherwise. I got to experience bear form at its most ridiculous, in that first month I was doing 40% of my Kara group's DPS while tanking (that got nerfed REAL fast). But for most of BC raiding bear tanks were best in an offtank role while warriors maintained the MT spotlight. I didn't mind because I loved that role, cat dps was pretty sorta decent even when wearing bear gear so you could switch forms mid-fight when your adds were dead. A bit disappointed that doesn't really seem feasible anymore, but the direction they went (more specialization) seems to make a lot more sense.

Actually I was referring to Vanilla. Maybe I'm confusing BC with Vanilla :/ I remember Druids were an absolute terror in battegrounds, tree form was faceroll healing and bears had so much hp the other tanks were green with envy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All I remember about old druids was from TBC... fuck, they were so, so fucking strong in pvp.

Mupod

Actually I was referring to Vanilla. Maybe I'm confusing BC with Vanilla :/ I remember Druids were an absolute terror in battegrounds, tree form was faceroll healing and bears had so much hp the other tanks were green with envy.

The funny thing is that around when resto PVP became the overpowered flavor of the month, I'd basically stopped playing PVP. I've never liked arenas and when they became the be-all end-all, I started to lose interest in the game.

I haven't done much research on WoD yet, hell I only bought it on a whim last night. But I'm looking forward to checking out what they've done with battlegrounds.

TheYanger

The funny thing is that around when resto PVP became the overpowered flavor of the month, I'd basically stopped playing PVP. I've never liked arenas and when they became the be-all end-all, I started to lose interest in the game.

I haven't done much research on WoD yet, hell I only bought it on a whim last night. But I'm looking forward to checking out what they've done with battlegrounds.

When did you quit? There were 3 new BGs added in mists and I like all 3 decently (I like kotmogu and silvershard a LOT).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They could put Invincible, The Amani War Bear, Ashbringer, and Mimiron's Head at the end of the MC LFR, and I wouldn't do it. 2 hour queue, no one removing curses, and then no one can stop dpsing the Core Hounds. I said it when they first started to add the raid, this thing should have been dumbed down to all hell if they want it to be something you can solo queue into. LFR won't listen to advice, and it's not worth all the gold I spent repairing just to say 'fuck it' by the fifth try when people wouldn't stop dpsing core hounds.

Sadly i think those are only for level 84 or below unless i read it wrong.

I know. I'm just referring to an alt for the future.

Mupod

When did you quit? There were 3 new BGs added in mists and I like all 3 decently (I like kotmogu and silvershard a LOT).

I haven't really done PVP at all since early Wrath, and that was kind of butt since I was a frost DK and none of my shit worked on vehicles at the time. I briefly came back during Trial of the Crusader, early Cata, and a couple months in early Pandaria. But I didn't play long and I was only interested in PVE. Hell I was a prot warrior in cata/pandaria, I lived in dungeons.

A year playing FF14 and its god-fucking-awful PVP seems to have instilled a desire to try out WoW's PVP again. I have no idea what shape druids are in since I don't know anything about the state of the game, but catman form seems like it'd be great. Also helps that I've desperately wanted to play as one of those ever since I saw a guy who modelswapped his cat form into the tiger boss from ZG, and made an arathi basin PVP video.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Finally done farming. Need to find a good 2H to go with it now. Made about 20k while farming.

p39350618-4.jpg

Daante

After 4 years not playing this game, i ended up buying Warlords of the Draneor about a week ago and im having a blast so far.

Im getting TBC chills from this expansion and im only lvl 95 (i consider TBC as the best time i had with Wow so far)

Bravo Blizzard, bravo.

Ultratech

They could put Invincible, The Amani War Bear, Ashbringer, and Mimiron's Head at the end of the MC LFR, and I wouldn't do it. 2 hour queue, no one removing curses, and then no one can stop dpsing the Core Hounds. I said it when they first started to add the raid, this thing should have been dumbed down to all hell if they want it to be something you can solo queue into. LFR won't listen to advice, and it's not worth all the gold I spent repairing just to say 'fuck it' by the fifth try when people wouldn't stop dpsing core hounds.

At least it's reminiscent of Vanilla; trying to herd 40 people into doing what you tell them is still something of a clusterfuck.

As much as I'd like the pet and enchant, I seriously doubt I'll run it again (aside from the one last time on my DK to get his helm).

Ahem.

Fuck yeah.

Grats!

(Now maybe I can get that while farming for Sulfuras on my DK...)

M.D

I picked a really bad time to get into "normal" games again X_X
Only launched the game once since the xpac released and the 2 first quests

Can't you put your account on hold to not lose game time? :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At least it's reminiscent of Vanilla; trying to herd 40 people into doing what you tell them is still something of a clusterfuck.

As much as I'd like the pet and enchant, I seriously doubt I'll run it again (aside from the one last time on my DK to get his helm).

But I did this with mish mashes of guilds when it was relevant and we didn't even use vent for any of it. It's not a lower skilled player, it's just trash being done in a way that people haven't seen in years upon years. I actually think any group of derps can do the bosses. It's the trash because blizzard has instilled this 'trash is trash' so no one pays any attention to it.

And the whole remove curse being a cd now when it wasn't like that back then.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why did my Hillsbrad Foothills-BG-rank reset? I didn't die...

Yoshichan

It's fucked. It happens every time someone leaves

idiotic system

Any achievement to this? In fact, what're the achievements that're linked to the 10th Anniversary?

_DrMario_

So, with RAF the trick to it is that Wrath is when dungeons stop giving a ton of bonus xp for randoms - you need to only specific queue the ones you've never done. Randoming is a waste of time because you get a pittance. the quests still give you a shitload. The initial hump is a bit rough because Utgarde is all that's there, but you should be able to limp up to nexus and AN and then it opens up. Do quests if you have to, but don't just keep randoming utgarde.

Without RAF? Absolutely avoid random dungeons. Do each once for quests then hit the regular quests in the world. It will never be worth randoming a dungeon for XP again as long as you're levelling from WotLK on, and never has been (Except like, the first time you hit an expac cause might as well get that +15k or whatever).

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Yoshichan

Horde will never win this shit. Heal carry is not enough...

X1y3xub.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Horde will never win this shit. Heal carry is not enough...

X1y3xub.png

Just won it after many shitty attempts. Just gotta keep at it. Hordes big problem is that they have more egomaniac 'gots to get my kills in' players and push too far so they get kited to death and killed by guards.

lazygecko

ilvl distribution is all over the place. I just got a lvl92 610 blue shoulder for my mage. Normally they're in the early-to-mid 500's around that level.

Mupod

I just realized my druid is still a leatherworker, and the only reason is that everyone in our guild had to have it for Brutallus drum rotations. That's how long it's been since I played him seriously.

I wasn't paying attention but I think the level 90 boost gave me 600 in LW/alch. I guess I can just stick with those, unless it's really easy to level new professions now. I've actually always enjoyed mining, but is there any point to gathering professions these days? Seems like the garrison will provide me with lots of stuff. I haven't even had a chance to look at the AH yet so I have no idea what's making a lot of money.

ZenaxPure

I wasn't paying attention but I think the level 90 boost gave me 600 in LW/alch. I guess I can just stick with those, unless it's really easy to level new professions now. I've actually always enjoyed mining, but is there any point to gathering professions these days? Seems like the garrison will provide me with lots of stuff. I haven't even had a chance to look at the AH yet so I have no idea what's making a lot of money.

Mining seems mostly pointless but as an alchemist I will say that the herb garden in the garrison really does not give me enough herbs per day for shit. I barely get enough for my daily cooldowns and if I swapped it to just frostweed production I wouldn't be able to craft flasks I need.

As for skinning, I am also a LW and a single barn doesn't really give me enough leather either, will especially be problematic when I upgrade it to level 3 and start using the work orders on savage blood instead of leather. Seems to be the case for the whole server as well, ~25g per a single piece of leather right now.

Apt101

Grim Rail has a significant curve in heroic compared to the rest of the instances. Mainly because the fight mechanics don't allow for straight faceroll. Funny how the last boss is by far the easiest to comprehend and kill.

As a ret paladin I find it easy if the tank knows to aim those flame thrower women and bomb throwers away from the group. I roll with empowered seals, so I can pretty much keep myself healed during the fights that can be troubling for some healers (my HoT, crit Flash of Light's), mixing my bubble and Lay on Hands when needed. I can seal twist to insure my damage remains acceptable (besides, I'm iLvL 635 with a lot of haste, I pretty much never stop wailing on bosses unless I'm maneuvering heavily).

Mupod

Mining seems mostly pointless but as an alchemist I will say that the herb garden in the garrison really does not give me enough herbs per day for shit. I barely get enough for my daily cooldowns and if I swapped it to just frostweed production I wouldn't be able to craft flasks I need.

As for skinning, I am also a LW and a single barn doesn't really give me enough leather either, will especially be problematic when I upgrade it to level 3 and start using the work orders on savage blood instead of leather. Seems to be the case for the whole server as well, ~25g per a single piece of leather right now.

Maybe I'll drop LW and go herb/alch then. Those were my druid's traditional professions anyways.

Man, ashran is a such a piece of shit.

First it was horde that used to massively outnumber alliance win 24/7, so blizzard tried to fix it and broke it the other way, now alliance massively outnumbers horde and wins 24/7.

Boring and shit and useless either way, only thing ashran is good for the the initial gearing, not worth stepping foot in otherwise, don't think I'll ever bother get my gladiator's thing to level 3 now, since blizzard was stupid enough to not make bg/arena kills count.

Apt101

Man, ashran is a such a piece of shit.

First it was horde that used to massively outnumber alliance win 24/7, so blizzard tried to fix it and broke it the other way, now alliance massively outnumbers horde and wins 24/7.

Boring and shit and useless either way, only thing ashran is good for the the initial gearing, not worth stepping foot in otherwise, don't think I'll ever bother get my gladiator's thing to level 3 now, since blizzard was stupid enough to not make bg/arena kills count.

It's lovely when you're on the winning side though. Rapidly gearing a full elite PvP set was a new experience for me. Horde used to crush bungholes on my server/server group when I last played years back. Now Alliance runs shit.

lazygecko

It's lovely when you're on the winning side though. Rapidly gearing a full elite PvP set was a new experience for me. Horde used to crush bungholes on my server/server group when I last played years back. Now Alliance runs shit.

Lovely for gearing, but it's not really a fun experience either way. Ashran is clearly a failure on a fundamental level because everything it was designed to be is ignored by the playerbase just turning it into a mindless zerg fest on eachother's bases. It's the least fun of all if you're a melee class since you'll die the moment you decide to overextend from your zerg group.

I was on the winning side for most of the expansion, it was the worst, just zerging the alliance keep every 10 minutes, so fucking fun, not.

Going to jump on that 5$ deal. I'll give it a shot. I was able to look up my old character through some website, here's the date I last played.. haha. Nov 27, 05

I wonder if I'll be lagging hard if I will play on the US servers while living within EU? My own connection is pretty solid, was reading about 200ms but not sure how bad that is anymore, it's been such a long time.

Is it possible to do that $5 deal and use the game time on a current account?

Dresden

Ashran is junk, but I got my full pvp set out of it at least.

Lovely for gearing, but it's not really a fun experience either way. Ashran is clearly a failure on a fundamental level because everything it was designed to be is ignored by the playerbase just turning it into a mindless zerg fest on eachother's bases. It's the least fun of all if you're a melee class since you'll die the moment you decide to overextend from your zerg group.

Yeah. Any encounter with more than ten people on each side is doomed to turn into a 30min no rush zergfest. Good for people who just want to go through their aoe rotations from afar, I guess.

Rizzi

My experience with Ashran was;

Enter Ashran. What's all this about then?
Poke around a bit. See no-one from my faction.
/1 Hello? Is anyone here?
Get murdered by a whole bunch of enemies.
/1 Anyone?
/1 No?
/1 Okay, bye.
Leave Ashran.

ZenaxPure

Ashran confuses me because best I can tell you don't get any honor for the random capture the flag battles that you try to do as you try and push into the enemies base, outside of HKs anyway. Also I'm rogue and can't do shit in there, didn't even need to bring back Hillsbrad cause I am getting the same experience in Ashran.

I like the random events for the most part though, the ore collection battle has been really intense every time I've done it and the racing event is hilarious when one side doesn't bother to show up.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

as a destro lock (though I may suck) the AOE packs in proving grounds silver are unkillable with just rain of fire on them for the whole wave. I tried just to make sure I wasn't crazy (with flask up) and I needed to pop a cooldown (mannorath, cataclysm, or pot) to burn the packs down.

would actually love to be proven wrong and show I suck on this for destro lock.

Is it possible to do that $5 deal and use the game time on a current account?

no. if you enter the key on an existing battle.net account it will simply add a new license of wow to the account. only way to add time is with a subscription or actual game time card/code.

mining has been hotfixed.. and rightfully so.. the garrison mine even at just level 2 made it so almost no one needed to be a miner. garrison mine now gives out noticeably less ore. looks to now be about on par with the herb garden which at level 2 only gives me around 8-10 nodes.

Top Bottom