• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Boogdud

Everbloom is my least favorite. Execution-heavy first boss. Obnoxious Stonecore-style maze of trash between the first and second bosses. Uninteresting add grind on spider boss. God awful trash for the Archmage boss. Difficult to see and annoying stun/aoe damage effects from those spores before and during Archmage boss.

Couldn't agree more. They should call that place evertrash. It makes it even worse when you have people that try to skip the trash and inevitably make a mega pull, which happens every time.

So far my biggest garrison regret is the Trading Post. Need 3 reps at exalted for the level 3 blueprint...the auction bot quest is the worst thing in the world...they often ask for dust or true iron ore for work orders. What a waste of a building plot. It's worse than the barn :p

Apt101

I don't run a DPS meter but I've pulled aggro from tanks who were equally geared several times, and I'm usually the target of bosses's "let me annoy a DPS" ability. So I guess ret paladins are fine. I just switch seals for packs or solo targets, use my cooldowns as often as I can. I've also seen mages complaining about "utility classes" out DPS's them in many heroics. I've yet to run with a DPS shaman, I think they gave up.

So far my biggest garrison regret is the Trading Post. Need 3 reps at exalted for the level 3 blueprint...the auction bot quest is the worst thing in the world...they often ask for dust or true iron ore for work orders. What a waste of a building plot. It's worse than the barn :p

I've gotten lucky with trading post work orders - only ever asked for dust once. The three exalted rep thing and obscene auction quest will probably have me dropping it for something else once I build all my other stuff to lvl 3 though.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't run a DPS meter but I've pulled aggro from tanks who were equally geared several times, and I'm usually the target of bosses's "let me annoy a DPS" ability. So I guess ret paladins are fine. I just switch seals for packs or solo targets, use my cooldowns as often as I can. I've also seen mages complaining about "utility classes" out DPS's them in many heroics. I've yet to run with a DPS shaman, I think they gave up.

I've gotten lucky with trading post work orders - only ever asked for dust once. The three exalted rep thing and obscene auction quest will probably have me dropping it for something else once I build all my other stuff to lvl 3 though.

Those are probably just some mechanics you're running into. It's literally impossible to pull off a tank once they attack anything once. Threat isn't even a thing anymore, the tanking meta-game is surviving, not keeping threat.

Apt101

Those are probably just some mechanics you're running into. It's literally impossible to pull off a tank once they attack anything once. Threat isn't even a thing anymore, the tanking meta-game is surviving, not keeping threat.

No, there have been occassions where I've climbed from "high threat" to them attacking me, the tank having to taunt, and asking me to slow down. Threat is still a metric. Keep in mind with some paladin talents, a ret paladin can hit Templar's Verdict like 5, 6, even 7 times in a row, then get it again if Divine Storm activates it. In rare circumstances we can unload on a target.

I've played female blood elf for like two months and I didn't even bothered to notice their scrawny look.

Though, to be honest, I really like the updated look for female belfs.

The bad thing about their slightly rework is most of the chest gear are toges so you wont notice anything at all unless you go melee.

I really hope they change at least the weapons details or the model size since you cant notice any detail on their gear.

Jag

Camped Poundfist for 3 days. Finally crashed around 12am. He spawned at 2am and my raid that I was in got him. Fuck.this.

Camped Poundfist for 3 days. Finally crashed around 12am. He spawned at 2am and my raid that I was in got him. Fuck.this.

I still don't understand his spawn pattern, is it just like old galleon, wait for a week and hope you get lucky with your chosen location?

Apt101

I wish all gear that dropped for me had haste and mastery. Fuck crit. Fuck versatility. Fuck Bad Boy as a label. And multistrike? Fuck you too.

Ultratech

Got some dungeon achievements done earlier:

Grimrail Depot:
-This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things: Easy achievement. Just have the big guy run into these 4 chests and kill the bosses.
-No Ticket: Annoying, but not hard. Gotta knock 20 adds off the train on the 2nd boss. Since I was on my Hunter, I used glyphed Explosive Trap. :

UBRS:
-Magnets, How Do They Work?: Annoying as hell. Honestly, it just requires people just paying attention and not being stupid.
-Leeeeeeeeeeroy...?: Surprisingly no issues. Had plenty of time to spare. And I got Leeroy!
-Bridge Over Troubled Fire: Kill two waves of the adds the Dragon boss spawns within 10 sec. Slightly annoying since you have to kite them and they hurt a bit.
-Dragonmaw? More like Dragonfall!: Kill 5 of those dragons spewing flames on the last boss.
Took a few attempts, but there's basically 8 dragons, and they rotate in-and-out, recovering some health when they go away. You're basically just drawing out the fight for a while.
Pretty crazy.

Jag

I still don't understand his spawn pattern, is it just like old galleon, wait for a week and hope you get lucky with your chosen location?

Pretty much. But the spawn time variance is huge. Anywhere from 72-96 hours. Plus 5 possible locations and different phases depending on the number of people in the zone. Plus he's a level 95 that can be soloed and his health only increases a bit as more people attack. So basically he needs to be cycloned (with diminishing returns) for anyone who was not on the exact spot and phase when he spawns.

Rapstah

I created a Blood Elf Warrior and it randomly got the achievement Savage Friends, which is for getting Exalted with three Draenor factions. Okay? Any rational explanations? A mission finished on another character and it gave that character reputation or something? As far as I know, I don't have any Draenor factions at Exalted, or even close to it, on any character.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I created a Blood Elf Warrior and it randomly got the achievement Savage Friends, which is for getting Exalted with three Draenor factions. Okay? Any rational explanations? A mission finished on another character and it gave that character reputation or something? As far as I know, I don't have any Draenor factions at Exalted, or even close to it, on any character.

It's bugged. I was at 2/3 reps for it without being exalted with anything, and finishing off Steamwheedle gave me the full achieve.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What happened to the amount of missions I'm getting? I was getting like 10+ all the time, couldn't keep up with my followers... but now it's like 3-4 of them and they never seem to recharge fast enough.

Fjordson

The random procs on gear can be kinda neat. I'm guessing it makes it harder for top end guilds to dial in on BiS gear for people, but as just a regular player it's cool stumbling upon a good piece like that.

I just picked up a warforged piece from achindoun with bonus item levels and the "indestructible" stat.

ZenaxPure

What happened to the amount of missions I'm getting? I was getting like 10+ all the time, couldn't keep up with my followers... but now it's like 3-4 of them and they never seem to recharge fast enough.

If all your followers are level 100 it's probably that. Not sure if its a bug or intentional but I pretty much have 4-6 missions at any given time with nothing but max level followers. I actually activated one of my low level guys just so I would have an endless stream of missions for salvage crates.

Same here, I was just sending everything to get more crates of salvage, but now it takes a lot more to refresh missions.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cataclysm zones were horrible (except Uldum).

Top Bottom