• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

vocab

Got silver on grimrail. Not bad. Woulda got a better time if the glad stance warrior didn't die so much, and didn't pull two trash packs by accident.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just on how many you can have active at one time. I have 32 followers but have to keep 7 deactivated.

ok good, thanks dude :) Im getting a lot of epic followers, is that common or am I just being lucky?

also, I need to give healing / holy a go, that is why im lvling a priest afterall (even if shadow grabbed me by the balls like I wasnt expecting). Also from the 3 dungeons I did, healing doesnt seem that horrific as I hear, except the iron docks dungeon I did where the tank clearly was pulling more than he should be and died a couple of times, the other ones the healer seemed to do fine, and I kept an eye on his/her mana and it didnt seem to be going oom

Anyone here with a GTX 970 have WoW crash frequently? Game started crashing my system since I got my 970, I thought the card was busted but it only happens with WoW. Played Far Cry 4 for 2 hours today, no issues. 30-60 mins of playing WoW and my pc will crash, every time. The system locks up, screen goes black, audio hangs, and some fans get cranked. Can only fix with a hard shut down. Thought something could be overheating but speedfan says all is good. I tried reverting to the drivers that came with the card, 344.11, dunno if that fixed it or not haven't spent much time with this since.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone here with a GTX 970 have WoW crash frequently? Game started crashing my system since I got my 970, I thought the card was busted but it only happens with WoW. Played Far Cry 4 for 2 hours today, no issues. 30-60 mins of playing WoW and my pc will crash, every time. The system locks up, screen goes black, audio hangs, and some fans get cranked. Can only fix with a hard shut down. Thought something could be overheating but speedfan says all is good. I tried reverting to the drivers that came with the card, 344.11, dunno if that fixed it or not haven't spent much time with this since.

970 SLI here and no crashes sicne I started Warlords on friday

Well, don't think I'll have time to complete Pilgram's Bounty this year, need to do the Turkey Feathers, and The Tekanor Terror thing. Next year. Thankfully, I only have 3 achievements left on Winter's Veil!

Fjordson

Man PvE achievements really suck sometimes. How am I supposed to get into a CM if every single group I come across requires a completion achievement?

vocab

The latest drivers hardlocked wow for me. They are very buggy. I'm not using a 900 series either.

New nitpick, my mainhand poison falls off every time I switch talents. This really fucks me up during heroics as I'm used to just doing it. It used to only fall of when I switched from paralytic poison and back.

At least it didn't cost me my Leeroy run, it nearly did :(

...I dont want to be THAT guy, but how many times can she play the "damsel in distress is saved by the male" in the same expansion >_>

First
Velen then Maraad
, lets all sacrifice ourselves for the pretty lady

Shes awesome tho :p
o
Better question,can you recruict her?

Tarazet

So Ferals.. I gave Claws of Shirvallah a whirl today because I was underwhelmed with Bloodtalons. Ever since they took away Nature's Swiftness the old DoC hadn't been the same, anyway. The results were pretty great. Being able to Cyclone/Grasp adds and cleanse Poisons, Curses and Enrages without shifting is well worth the price of admission, especially for CM's.. and I was getting better DPS on anything other than massive trash packs. Just make sure you take Incarnation, macro it to Berserk and you're good to go.

Rhaknar

anny shadow priests lurking? which lvl 100 talent do you guys use? The dot seems the most interesting one, I dont like the 2 passives (especially since they are, well, passives :/)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yrel? like as a follower? I highly doubt that, she seems like a key figure in the expansion lore. Thats like recruiting Jaina

She's basically going to be the person that steals all the credit for whatever we do Alliance side for the rest of the expansion. So far she is basically just Thrall as a Draenei girl complete with being a member of the iconic faction race.

Also, the way Follower Upgrades work is totally counterintuitive - it actually seems like followers should upgrade gear on their own when you send them on missions, but instead you can't really upgrade their gear at all without installing a Salvage Yard or War Mill.

Rhaknar

reading class guides is the worst, unless you are mid maxing for mythic raiding I guess. Its just a bummer when you realise youre using the "wrong" talent or you should be using X spell and not Y

example, aparently the new lvl 100 shadow priest dot is the worst talent, and it looked like the most interesting to me :/

A more grievious example is reading on demonology locks and neither the grimoire for the better pets, nor the new one to use doomguards as perma pets are the best... its like...dude im a demonolist, let me use the cool pets :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got a 645 epic armor upgrade for my follower from a tier 2 salvage crate.

I must be lucky?

They are rare, yes. I got a weapon once, but it doesn't seem like Tier 3 crates give more of them out, you just get them more often.

reading class guides is the worst, unless you are mid maxing for mythic raiding I guess. Its just a bummer when you realise youre using the "wrong" talent or you should be using X spell and not Y

example, aparently the new lvl 100 shadow priest dot is the worst talent, and it looked like the most interesting to me :/

A more grievious example is reading on demonology locks and neither the grimoire for the better pets, nor the new one to use doomguards as perma pets are the best... its like...dude im a demonolist, let me use the cool pets :(

It basically doesn't matter unless you're doing bleeding edge content. Complaining that a guide written for people trying bleeding edge content isn't "letting you" use whatever talent you want is a bit silly, don't you think?

lexi

Banned
Also, the way Follower Upgrades work is totally counterintuitive - it actually seems like followers should upgrade gear on their own when you send them on missions, but instead you can't really upgrade their gear at all without installing a Salvage Yard or War Mill.

This is actually stupid. Followers seem to be an essential part of the WoD experience and you don't get anything out of them without these buildings. The only other way is the occasional 'token' you get from missions, gearing up followers through this alone would take years, however.

vocab

Be careful with guides. Not all of them are good. Some talents are shit, and its obvious.

This is actually stupid. Followers seem to be an essential part of the WoD experience and you don't get anything out of them without these buildings. The only other way is the occasional 'token' you get from missions, gearing up followers through this alone would take years, however.

Well, once you have a Salvage Yard/War Mill they start leveling quite fast. Already I have one at 633, one at 622, 1 at 613, and uno at 608.

Yeah, it sucks that those buildings are essential, but that's only if you want to get raiding gear.

Rhaknar

It basically doesn't matter unless you're doing bleeding edge content. Complaining that a guide written for people trying bleeding edge content isn't "letting you" use whatever talent you want is a bit silly, don't you think?

I wasnt so much complaining, more saying it bums me out is all. Maybe I should have left the "reading guides is the worst" part out, I meant personally :/

its basicaly the same as

you: "yay Im having fun with X class guys"
guys: "X class is bottom tier"
you: "aw :("

this goes for every game btw, not just wow :)

Angry Grimace

I mean, it basically doesn't matter so long as you are having fun. If you're doing bad you're probably not having fun in the first place - you can almost always get by with the "wrong" talent and still be okay.

Rhaknar

I mean, it basically doesn't matter so long as you are having fun. If you're doing bad you're probably not having fun in the first place - you can almost always get by with the "wrong" talent and still be okay.

I know that, it still bums me out :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How much should I upgrade my epic followers' weapon and armor (ilvl) before starting leveling my other followers?

Fjordson

Finished MC! Wasn't too bad, the second group I got into was solid. Finished it all in about two hours.

Still, I can't imagine ever going back for the pet or weapon enchant lol. Happy to have the 640 helm and mount, though.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
How much should I upgrade my epic followers' weapon and armor (ilvl) before starting leveling my other followers?
I'd like to know this too. I've upgraded Lantresor to beyond ilvl 625, all other followers still at 600.

Angry Grimace

Ideally you'd have three guys with six different counters and level them to 645 so you'd ace every Raid mission. In practice its hard to pass anything doing this since you won't have followers following that pattern.

Fjordson

Should I be dumping all my upgrades on epic followers > blue followers > green followers? Or is it more about just having different counters? I've been hesitant to use my salvage yard upgrades on non-epic followers.

New nitpick, my mainhand poison falls off every time I switch talents. This really fucks me up during heroics as I'm used to just doing it. It used to only fall of when I switched from paralytic poison and back.

At least it didn't cost me my Leeroy run, it nearly did :(

Make a weak aura for it (telling you if your poison isn't applied).

Speaking of - I imported a bunch of hunter weak auras I found online, but it was a bit too comprehensive and crazy with dynamic groups that accounted for multiple specs/talents, so I spent about the past 90 minutes trimming em down and polishing them up to my liking. Really tedious work, albeit a bit fun. Made a Blood Fury (Orc Racial) aura while I was at it using some of the hunter ones as a base. Copied my strength pot aura to make an agility one too.

So now I've pretty much got everything all set up on my hunter for now. Maybe redo keybinds a bit. Hopefully I can end up playing this hunter in raids as my alt - kinda dread doing all the setup again for my lock (originally intended alt) or whoever else. It's trying and takes awhile, but you do get a strange satisfaction out of it.

vocab

Should I be dumping all my upgrades on epic followers > blue followers > green followers? Or is it more about just having different counters? I've been hesitant to use my salvage yard upgrades on non-epic followers.

Epic only with good traits. Greens are basically worthless unless its a healer.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Greens can still become blue/epic with enough xp right?

Hellers

So. Here's my progress so far. The last time I played seriously was Wrath. I did some raiding. Lots of heroics. Really enjoyed myself. Did some 1-60 leveling in Cata and got a few characters to 85. Didn't do much. Got one character to 90 in MoP and then quit. Came back about a month before the WoD launch with the intention of getting a few characters to 90 ready.

Fuck me but my frost mage was painful to level to 90. Felt like I was doing almost no damage at all.

Then WoD launched and I skipped the first week entirely. No idea why. Just couldn't be bothered. Then I logged in to see what it was like and..... this week alone I've put in 64 hours and I have a bad case of altohism. I don't have anyone at 100 but I have 5 at 96, 1 at 97 and I'm working on my currently 92 monk to open up the herb garden on him. I'm loving it. Running dungeons, feeding my professions. I have shadowmoon and gorgrond nailed I've done them so many times :) I plan to do some lfr at some point in this expansion too. Really really loving it.

So. My thoughts on leveling these different classes. I need some advice on a couple

Hunter - 96 - Beastmaster. Not having any issues here. Probably the easiest character I have to level and probably the first one I'm going to be pushing to 100.

Warlock - 97 - Destro. Can't get along with the other two specs at all. Bit slow to kill stuff but pretty safe. Going to leave this one for a while to build up some garrison resources before I take her to 100.

Mage - 96 - Frost. Surprisingly painless to level given my MoP experiences. When I hit 94 I got the enhanced water ele perk and it got even easier. Quite often top of the dps lists in normal dungeon runs which is nice. If I get an insane run of procs the damage is stupid high.

Death Knight - 96 - Frost. Until 95 I was leveling as unholy and stuff was dieing so slowly. Could someone tell me what I need to do because switching to frost simplified the rotation and I'm doing twice as much damage.

Paladin - Ret - 96. Pretty painless. Bit boring. Especially when you have no procs and your main attacks are on cooldown

Druid - 96 - Feral. Boring as a hell. I must be doing something wrong since I'm constantly energy starved. To the point where I had to turn off the error voice before I put my fist through the monitor.

Monk - 92 - Windwalker. My current project. Going to get him to 96 for the herb garden next. Insanely fun to play. Especially since I talented for that talent that turns the spinning kick into a vortex. Far, far too many buttons. I need to get better organised for that.

I'm into a daily routine of mining, herbing, work orders and doing my profession cooldowns. Been selling darkmoon cards and temporal crystals on the AH. Not making spectacular amounts of cash but I have enough now to pay for level 3 outpost on all my characters at least.

RLsVOmI.jpg

Robin64

Two of the world bosses, the ones in Gorgrond, start spawning this week after maintenance. Both of them drop 650 gear.

Highmaul normal and heroic also opens, but LFRers will have to wait til next week just for the first three bosses. Blizz really hate LFR these days.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Two of the world bosses, the ones in Gorgrond, start spawning this week after maintenance. Both of them drop 650 gear.

Highmaul normal and heroic also opens, but LFRers will have to wait til next week just for the first three bosses. Blizz really hate LFR these days.

To be honest, the LFR armor sets are just... bleh. It's why I wanted to do Normal/Heroic Highmaul first.

At least Tier 17 Paladin's set makes me a feel like a warrior who smites her enemies with the power of light. :p

Robin64

To be honest, the LFR armor sets are just... bleh. It's why I wanted to do Normal/Heroic Highmaul first.

At least Tier 17 Paladin's set makes me a feel like a warrior who smites her enemies with the power of light. :p

Heh, yeah, the one thing LFR shared with normal raids before was at least the armor designs. Didn't get titles, achievements, pets or mounts, but hey, at least the armor matched! But then they took that away.

I'll probably use the group finder to join a normal run, but I better do it quick before they start setting that they require the achievement to show you've completed it before plus an ilvl of 640.

Fjordson

Heh, yeah, the one thing LFR shared with normal raids before was at least the armor designs. Didn't get titles, achievements, pets or mounts, but hey, at least the armor matched! But then they took that away.

I'll probably use the group finder to join a normal run, but I better do it quick before they start setting that they require the achievement to show you've completed it before plus an ilvl of 640.
:lol oh man, it's totally coming. "LFM NORMAL 655+ - LINK MYTHIC ACHIEVE"

I saw someone earlier asking for 638+ and the Challenge Warlords Bronze achievement (every single CM bronze or better) for the CM daily. Like wtf. People get completely out of control with that stuff, it's awful.

cdyhybrid

Got one of these from a 630 follower mission ;)

mG1DBI7.png

Was only 80% chance to succeed too...was so nervous waiting to see if the mission succeeded!

Up to iLvl 640 now. Should be more than good to go for Heroic when Highmaul launches.

Karl Hawk

Banned
:lol oh man, it's totally coming. "LFM NORMAL 655+ - LINK MYTHIC ACHIEVE"

I saw someone earlier asking for 638+ and the Challenge Warlords Bronze achievement (every single CM bronze or better) for the CM daily. Like wtf. People get completely out of control with that stuff, it's awful.

I'm
not
looking forward to see the absurd requirements from pre-made groups for shit like normal Highmaul and whatnot.

It sucks low level questing is non existent now. It's too easy to level and if you do an instance you'll level 2-3 times. Kinda miss just staying in an area for a couple of levels and questing, but even that's impossible now with the xp nerf

Lanrutcon

Why is there a delay on raid finder? Damn. A week for wing 1, a month for wing 3.

Gotta give the raiding guilds a window to get their penis sizes sorted before the peasants are allowed to have their fun.

Cause I can't think of a single other reason why the majority of the player base is being arbitrarily gated.

Top Bottom