• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Hey all.. hoping for a non-judgmental crew here which I think I'll get after glancing over a few pages. I need help with my Death Knight..

This is my main so he's the one I am leveling first (obviously) to 100. I just did a couple dungeons last night and it seemed like my DPS was horrid. I didn't look at Recount as I am always afraid to do so but someone posted the meters in chat and I was fourth. The tank was first. I forget my exact numbers but it just feels like I need to be higher.

I have looked at some DPS charts and a lot of them have DK's at the bottom in terms of class/spec performance. Did they really nerf DKs that much? Am I just terribad? It feels like I am just twiddling my thumbs a lot waiting for stuff to pop and I can do stuff.

I am a 2h Frost at the moment as that's what I have been used to. Rotation involves presences (Frost/Plague), Obliterate, and Frost Strike. Every guide I've read has everything that I have been doing.. but I feel like I should be doing better. I should also add that I do use the Killing Machine proc's and when Howling Blast proc's.. so I'm not leaving anything out.

I guess what I'm looking for is are DK's really on the low at the moment?

(I'm level 96 right now)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ilvl 636. I'm pretty pleased with what I managed to do before raids starts intervening the gameplay.

cdyhybrid

Hey all.. hoping for a non-judgmental crew here which I think I'll get after glancing over a few pages. I need help with my Death Knight..

This is my main so he's the one I am leveling first (obviously) to 100. I just did a couple dungeons last night and it seemed like my DPS was horrid. I didn't look at Recount as I am always afraid to do so but someone posted the meters in chat and I was fourth. The tank was first. I forget my exact numbers but it just feels like I need to be higher.

I have looked at some DPS charts and a lot of them have DK's at the bottom in terms of class/spec performance. Did they really nerf DKs that much? Am I just terribad? It feels like I am just twiddling my thumbs a lot waiting for stuff to pop and I can do stuff.

I am a 2h Frost at the moment as that's what I have been used to. Rotation involves presences (Frost/Plague), Obliterate, and Frost Strike. Every guide I've read has everything that I have been doing.. but I feel like I should be doing better. I should also add that I do use the Killing Machine proc's and when Howling Blast proc's.. so I'm not leaving anything out.

(I'm level 96 right now)

DKs are strong, particularly Unholy. Blood does a ton of DPS in dungeons when tanking as well. This is all at 100 of course. If you're really worried about it check out Icy Veins and the MMO-Champion Death Knight forums for tips, but it's not really a big deal until max level.

Rapstah

I've been looking for a Goblin rogue all week.
I have come to the conclusion they are hiding from me so I can't get my title and mount.

I landed on top of one in Un'goro Crater while he was hearthing and had to emote to him to stop so I could turn him into a turkey. At least with Dwarf Rogues you can create one or have a friend create one and tag your own one, but the 15-level chain Goblins and Worgen have to go through is just annoying compared to the other races. Pandaren aren't even included.

They also solved all of the issues that achievement used to have. I think I missed out on it in 2010 because your target sometimes could not be mounted.

vocab

(I'm level 96 right now)

Frost has some serious down time right now, and you shouldn't base your dps at 96. The gear disparity is still there if you are playing with someone in heroic/mythic SoO gear.

Also, dks are not at the bottom. You probably are doing something wrong, but i don't know the fight you are referring too/are you popping cool downs.

Saucy_XL

Banned
DK's are amazing tanks right now. Things may change (for better or worse) once the raids open, but in 5 mans and especially CM's they are probably the best tanks. If you want to stick to DPS, things are a little rougher, but a lot will change when everybody starts getting raid gear, set bonuses, etc.

DK's are amazing tanks right now. Things may change (for better or worse) once the raids open, but in 5 mans and especially CM's they are probably the best tanks. If you want to stick to DPS, things are a little rougher, but a lot will change when everybody starts getting raid gear, set bonuses, etc.

Understandable. I know I should tank as it will help with queue times too but the pressure.. one wipe and everyone blames you (or the healer). If I don't know the fights then I'll feel like I am not doing my job as a tank. Just a mindset I guess. I partially tanked back in the Wrath days but that was only really for my guild as they were helping me out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stopped at 98 earlier, loving Spires of Arak, so thats 2 for 2 on loving zones back to back after I was so-so on Shadowmoon and absolutely hating Gorgrond

I've yet to try holy, Im having too much fun as shadow...unexpected, but not unwelcomed

Fuck Crescent Oil. 33 minute crafting queue.

At least I'll make bank on all my potions tomorrow.

And fuck people who put 1 stacks of stuff up. Guy put up 1400 flesh up in stacks of one for cheap, but that's not worth it at ALL for the sheer amount of clicking and mailbox reloading. Bought stuff twice as expensive simply because it was in 200 stacks. Seriously get the fuck out of here with that shit unless individual pieces are sufficiently valuable or useful.

ill never understand that and it pisses me off too

Fuck Crescent Oil. 33 minute crafting queue.

At least I'll make bank on all my potions tomorrow.

And fuck people who put 1 stacks of stuff up. Guy put up 1400 flesh up in stacks of one for cheap, but that's not worth it at ALL for the sheer amount of clicking and mailbox reloading. Bought stuff twice as expensive simply because it was in 200 stacks. Seriously get the fuck out of here with that shit unless individual pieces are sufficiently valuable or useful.

----------

And DKs are actually quite strong right now, best we've been in awhile - the spec to play is Unholy though. And damage below level cap is always wonky, so don't get too concerned about that.

At 630 iLvl we're simming only behind Windwalker and Feral: http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17P.html
At 665 iLvl only behind WW slightly http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17N.html
And in Mythic gear at 695, we remain competitive near the top: http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Minion101

Banned

(I'm level 96 right now)
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings
This isn't super accurate because there hasn't been a patchwork style fight in years but still gives a good idea. DKs are just fine right now.

Oibignose

ilvl 625 on my protection warrior. Teamed up with some guys from the guild I joined and they dragged me through all the wod dungeouns on heroic. Was pretty funny getting the achievements for finishing the dungeouns and the heroic at the same time.

Really like the mechanics of most boss fights. So much more variety now than when I quit (mid TBC). Particularly liked the nerzhul fight where you have to kill an add to make a path through the shadow. Very cool.

Doubt my schedule will permit raiding which is a shame.

Chris R

Vashjir...

Ok, so I've never done Vashjir, but it wasn't required.

The other Cata zones were fine I think, I liked the zoning stuff for Hyjal minus the final 20 or so quests when you start your undercover work. Uldum was fun too.

Just saying, my personal preference will be to get to Talador as soon as possible on my other characters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure Yrel is the Disney Princess of the Draenei.

I'm starting to loathe garrisons, cow clicker bullshit.

Follower missions and work orders are basically web browser games.
Inn dailies are cool.
The Stables seem fun.
Invasions are...eh I've only done one and it was kind of boring.
I like having a trophy room for my pristine archaeology solves.

Maybe they'll get expanded in future content patches.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm pretty sure Yrel is the Disney Princess of the Draenei.

...I dont want to be THAT guy, but how many times can she play the "damsel in distress is saved by the male" in the same expansion >_>

First
Velen then Maraad
, lets all sacrifice ourselves for the pretty lady

Shes awesome tho :p

My TTK on my shadow priest is wonky, is that normal? Like some mobs are fine, but some mobs just take ages to kill. not even elites or the ones with a !, I know those are supposed to be tougher. but damn, for example, in spires of arak, theres a arrakoa questline in a zone with orcs and ravagers, and orcs riding ravagers. The orcs go down fine, but the ravagers take AGES to kill, its quite annoying. Its happened a few times in every zone too

I have 1600 strength pots to sell tomorrow. Only took 45 minutes of pure crafting today (and that was only about half of them - already had the other half done).

Hope it's worth it.

Also about to venture into selling upgrade tokens. Have one for BS, one for Tailoring able to be made. We'll see how it goes.

Rhaknar

so I keep hearing that you "should" not use any resources to upgrade your garrison main building (I forget the name) to level 3, but I already upgraded my tailoring place, and now I want to upgrade my barracks too...am I wrong? :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
so I keep hearing that you "should" not use any resources to upgrade your garrison main building (I forget the name) to level 3, but I already upgraded my tailoring place, and now I want to upgrade my barracks too...am I wrong? :(
Garrison level three is the top priority.

Fjordson

Oh boy, in the middle of LFR MC right now. lol, it's as bad as people say. Never seen so many accidental pulls from people just backing into shit.

but why. more plots?
You also need it to build any level 3 buildings I believe. Could be wrong, though.

iirate

Hyjal and Vashjir were both 80-82, similar to Howling Fjord and Boring Tundra.

Vashj'ir is the better of the two, though.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my questing preferences, but they don't seem to line up with the vocal internet. Vashj'ir, Deepholm, and Twilight Highlands were all good/great, and Gorgrond is my favorite WoD zone(only haven't done Shadowmoon). I couldn't stand Ulduar at launch, but I had a slightly better opinion of it when I tackled it again recently.

Rhaknar

More plots, opens up the quest for the Menagerie, opens up the garrison campaigns, etc.

It also 'resets' the harvest on your mine/herb garden, which is a nice bonus.

you just reminded me I have yet to place a work order for either the mine or the garden.

I done fucked up didnt I? :(

SOOOOOOOoooooo, I think the cost of Savage Bloods and upgrade tokens is out of whack compared to the general price and availability of 665 world drop epics (and the level of gear from the raid). In terms of what it costs me + a comfortable profit margin. It's kinda dumb. Bloods alone are about 70k for one items, so I can't really go much below 90k total if I have to buy them myself, and for that price you can get at least one 665 epic now anyway...

Even when bloods were 2k/ea I don't know how quick I could move them.

Gotten a few nibbles, but no sale yet :/ I think it's just the poors whispering me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
...I dont want to be THAT guy, but how many times can she play the "damsel in distress is saved by the male" in the same expansion >_>

First
Velen then Maraad
, lets all sacrifice ourselves for the pretty lady

Shes awesome tho :p

My TTK on my shadow priest is wonky, is that normal? Like some mobs are fine, but some mobs just take ages to kill. not even elites or the ones with a !, I know those are supposed to be tougher. but damn, for example, in spires of arak, theres a arrakoa questline in a zone with orcs and ravagers, and orcs riding ravagers. The orcs go down fine, but the ravagers take AGES to kill, its quite annoying. Its happened a few times in every zone too

She was with me on some quest and she stopped at some merchant and goes "Oh hello Mr. Merchant!" and had some weird Disney-girl conversation with him. The people in my guild keep calling her "that hot girl" which is weirding me out because all of the draenei women look identical - e.g. nothing like the men who have weird tentacles growing off their faces.

antonz

SOOOOOOOoooooo, I think the cost of Savage Bloods and upgrade tokens is out of whack compared to the general price and availability of 665 world drop epics (and the level of gear from the raid). In terms of what it costs me + a comfortable profit margin. It's kinda dumb.

Gotten a few nibbles, but no sale yet :/ I think it's just the poors whispering me.

They really fucked up on the world drop rate. It should not be nearly as high as it is. They are so flooded I am seeing a lot of stuff going for like 10-15k now just trying to sell them. Love the joke that is crafting bags. Takes as long to craft one bag as it does a 25-20k piece of gear but people try to say ill give ya 4k for the bag

ZenaxPure

Vashj'ir is the better of the two, though.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my questing preferences, but they don't seem to line up with the vocal internet. Vashj'ir, Deepholm, and Twilight Highlands were all good/great, and Gorgrond is my favorite WoD zone(only haven't done Shadowmoon).

Pretty much the same for me. Never really understood the complaints of Vashj'r because swimming and flying are literally the same thing in this game, just felt like any other zone to me except I could fly without a mount. Gorgrond is my favorite WoD zone as well because there was more of a focus on just exploring and doing bonus objectives as there weren't a lot of quests which worked out well for me because I thought the WoD story was a pretty big meh so cutting that part out and just focusing on the gameplay was great.

Rhaknar

I forget, can you transmog polearms into staves?

I got that awesome looking Scythe from a rare elite in the ghost town in spires of arak, and would love to use a staff transmogged into it on my shadow priest

so anyone have any suggestion on how to get to 5k gold for artisan flying?

I don't remember it being that high when I played 3 years ago.

My DK is so poor =(. only 400 gold.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sell low level mats.

Although with the Draenor profession changes this is less viable than ever.

I haven't played WoW in a while... How have they changed professions?

Edit: I used to play the auction house pretty heavily. Is gold pretty different now where you don't have to do that?

Ultratech

Welp, learned my lesson about going after Nok.

Wasted two hours in a List Group only for it to fall apart to the usual bullshit.
(Hell, I was up there towards the start; like #4.)

So I'm kinda pissed about that...

Also getting annoying I can't get a chest/weapon to drop.

Rhaknar

so is there a cap on how many followers you can have or just a cap on how many you can USE?

because if I get a follower that I want (or like a epic one) and cant accept it because im capped im gonna be pissed

cdyhybrid

so is there a cap on how many followers you can have or just a cap on how many you can USE?

because if I get a follower that I want (or like a epic one) and cant accept it because im capped im gonna be pissed

Just on how many you can have active at one time. I have 32 followers but have to keep 7 deactivated.

Ultratech

No hard cap (seemingly) on followers, but you're limited to 20 active followers at a time (25 if you got Lv3 Barracks).

As soon as you get over 20/25, you'll have to start deactivating guys so you can actually do missions.

Top Bottom