• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

vocab

I did both ways for gorgrand. The storyline you get with the shredder is inferior in every way. The rexxar stuff with the sparring arena is much better than hey we found these dorfs in some cave with an artifact.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What are the WoW zones that you like?

in the past? I liked every zone in MoP except Kun Lai, I liked every zone in Cata except Vashyr, I liked every zone in Wrath except Stormpeaks and BC I think I liked everything. Im talking first run through the zones of course

Im not shitting on it, I just expected... more. Too much hype I guess? I kept hearing how much voice acting and cutscenes and shit there were, and so far, its pretty much run of the mill wow. Did all the people that said those things not play MoP or something?

I did both ways for gorgrand. The storyline you get with the shredder is inferior in every way. The rexxar stuff with the sparring arena is much better than hey we found these dorfs in some cave with an artifact.

wish I knew that :(

cdyhybrid

Agreed.

Also I loved Vashj'ir and Storm Peaks :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I do like how you get quests in previous zones at higher lvls, its a interesting idea. im doing these lvl 94 quests involving Gul'dan now in shadowmoon

vocab

I do like how you get quests in previous zones at higher lvls, its a interesting idea. im doing these lvl 94 quests involving Gul'dan now in shadowmoon
I have yet to do that storyline. I need to check it out before the raids.

The only zone I don't have an opinion on is spires. I skipped it on my shaman.I'm gonna try to do it all on my monk either Sunday or Monday.

Atlantis

Just got Starfall on my Druid.

i7PLTFCYs4jtG.gif

It's a new game.

The story in spires is good, but the zone is exceptionally long and drags.

Gorgrond is probably the worst.

Frostfire, Talador, and Nagrand are all pretty good. Not sure about Shadowmoon since I don't have an Alliance character to play through it on (yet).

This is my opinion after doing it all twice now, but only half-paying attention to the quest text.

Rhaknar

Talador is already fucking miles better than Gorgrond and I just started

I got tailoring house to lvl 2, looked at the mats for the gear...the only way to get cloth is with those daily cooldowns? what the fuck did they do to professions? :/

Fjordson

I think I've enjoyed all the zones.

-Shadowmoon was amazing for Alliance. Spires was also great. I really liked the dark atmosphere and the Arakkoa storylines.
-Gorgrond was neat, love the way it looks and some of the mobs.
-Taladar was maybe the weakest for me. Not bad, though.
-Nagrand I'm still working through, not much of an opinion yet

Dinged 100 on my hunter alt. Gonna leave it pretty much there for tonight. Been playing too long and too exhausted to do much else. Did do the silver proving grounds and got an upgraded 630 bow right off the bat to replace my heirloom, but I still need a bit of gear from Nagrand and/or normal dungeons before I can queue for heroics.

Rhaknar

Boomkin: ok I want to AOE these 5 mobs.

Starfall: I WANT TO AOE

39654-SxutOgif-jbtf.gif

*pulls entire world*

you just described Halo for shadow preists, its very annoying, so much so I specced out of it

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm having a hard time justifying keeping Engineering around. It's no longer the "trinket" profession like it used to be, and even special mounts like the Sky Golem no longer require Engineering, a pattern I'm confident will be duplicated in future. It doesn't make me any money... which is normal for Engineering I guess, but it was once a worthwhile trade off for all the "fun" stuff.

Right now all it does for me is give me a 640 helm (I have the MC one anyway), Blingtron 5000, and an outlet for all this fucking ore I have.

Someone talk me into/out of dropping it for Enchanting or Leatherworking or something.

Even Jewelcrafting is more enticing at the moment.

EDIT: Oh, and Goblin Glider Kit. Honestly, this is the big thing right now. Making my own kits is very convenient and I make heavy use of them, although I'm not sure if it's because I like to or because I'm so desperate to justify keeping Engineering around.

TheYanger

I'm having a hard time justifying keeping Engineering around. It's no longer the "trinket" profession like it used to be, and even special mounts like the Sky Golem no longer require Engineering, a pattern I'm confident will be duplicated in future. It doesn't make me any money... which is normal for Engineering I guess, but it was once a worthwhile trade off for all the "fun" stuff.

Right now all it does for me is give me a 640 helm (I have the MC one anyway), Blingtron 5000, and an outlet for all this fucking ore I have.

Someone talk me into/out of dropping it for Enchanting or Leatherworking or something.

Even Jewelcrafting is more enticing at the moment.

EDIT: Oh, and Goblin Glider Kit. Honestly, this is the big thing right now. Making my own kits is very convenient and I make heavy use of them, although I'm not sure if it's because I like to or because I'm so desperate to justify keeping Engineering around.

You don't have to make kits for yourself, Kits are for selling. The old tinker still works for yourself :) Much easier.

Rhaknar

fucking LOVING Talador, first zone im really into. I got a thingie to buy a building upgrade from a quest, I wanted to get enchanting lvl 2 (i already have tailor lvl 2) but i keep seeing trees I cant get so maybe im thinking of getting lumbermill lvl 2 first :(

edit: wait its one of the orange books, so its for the higher buildings upgrade actually, so i guess ill upgrade my barracks

edit: OH SHIT at that cutscene at the end of Battle for Shattrah o_O now thats what im talking about

StayDead

There's a tinker for the goblin glider kit for cloak, use that and sell the small kits.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of the 'worst' aspects of this expansion has been seeing all the great Orc skins that you can't pick from. I'm tired of all my Orcs being green, and even characters like Azuka have those crazy forehead piercings you can't pick on your character for no reason other than they don't want to give you more choice when making a character.

Robin64

So I plucked up the courage and did my first Heroic, which was UBRS. Went okay. Ended up with nearly 15k DPS on the score which seems okay to me.

Had a tank leave after the first boss, and his replacement left after the second because he was annoyed that he was doing more DPS than the DPS classes in there.

6CJ1vsC.jpg

22k wut?

Haroon

or barrage for hunters.

AOE apparently means the ENTIRE area now. It'll be nice when we're raid geared and stomping dungeons though.

Barrage is fine. Just need to position better, and bada bing. The only thing sucks is keeping up sniper training while positioning yourself for the barrage.

Wunder

So I plucked up the courage and did my first Heroic, which was UBRS. Went okay. Ended up with nearly 15k DPS on the score which seems okay to me.

Had a tank leave after the first boss, and his replacement left after the second because he was annoyed that he was doing more DPS than the DPS classes in there.

6CJ1vsC.jpg

22k wut?

Was it AoE DPS?

Boogdud

I had a rogue in my heroic yesterday that was doing almost 30k dps. I have no idea how, I looked at his armory because my wife and I were so impressed with him and it didn't look all that impressive. The tank was doing almost 26k as well, they were both from the same guild. That was one fast run of the mines...

Apt101

Someone in my guild got two 665 items from big crates, both usable. He decided to equip them. Dude is amped to raid, lol.

Rhaknar

how do I assign followers to professions buildings?

side note, did all of Talador and loved it. lvl 97 now, going into Spires of Arak and I love the look of it. Also I love arrakoa so im biased

Wunder

how do I assign followers to professions buildings?

side note, did all of Talador and loved it. lvl 97 now, going into Spires of Arak and I love the look of it. Also I love arrakoa so im biased

Gotta have the building be level 2 as well as have a follower with the specific profession you want them to work in (ex: Lantresor of the Blade always has Mining). Go to your mission table thing and click the building and there should be a + sign around the top of the window. Click it and assign a follower.

I get like 3 615 missions a day now, and only 3 of my guys qualify. No other missions are available. How am i supposed to gear a horde if i'm not given any horde-gearing missions? :(

StayDead

Today I learned you can't be logged into the battle.net application from more than one computer at the same time.

This strikes me as extremely stupid.

It's a security measure. It means if anyone has logged into your account while you're logged in (unlikely if you have the authenticator, but it happened to me before) you can a) tell it's happening and b) log back in quick enough to change your password before they can.

Ultratech

Yup, I just did that on my DK.

Plus some of the buffs you get from the gladiators are pretty crazy.

Fairly high chances to deal extra damage, stun, or even insta-kill non-elites.

or barrage for hunters.

AOE apparently means the ENTIRE area now. It'll be nice when we're raid geared and stomping dungeons though.

Yeah, but Barrage has always been like that.

Attacks anything remotely attackable in its effective range.

Rhaknar

Auchidoun was my favorite dungeon so far. too bad the group as usual cant wait for a brother to watch a cutscene :(

I was still in time for the boss but damn

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know how I did it, but I got MC LFR done. Ragnaros emerging to 40 people is still one of the coolest moments in all of WoW.

Hatespark get too. I can't get mounts for shit, but I get ALL the battle pets(that I don't use)

Auchidoun was my favorite dungeon so far. too bad the group as usual cant wait for a brother to watch a cutscene :(

Probably my least favorite of the expansion, tbh. That or Mines.

Rhaknar

lvl 100 holy priest talents sound completely underwhelming now that I looked at them :/

lazygecko

Always thought cutscenes in dungeons and raids was a terrible idea. Sadly they are freakin everywhere now in WoD. A passive, strictly paced story narrative simply does not jive with the GOGOGOGOGOGO mentality of multiplayer dungeon crawling. Whenever I want to watch these I always feel stressed out and that's detrimental to the experience.

Probably my least favorite of the expansion, tbh. That or Mines.

Everbloom is my least favorite. Execution-heavy first boss. Obnoxious Stonecore-style maze of trash between the first and second bosses. Uninteresting add grind on spider boss. God awful trash for the Archmage boss. Difficult to see and annoying stun/aoe damage effects from those spores before and during Archmage boss.

Rizzi

I don't anticipate to get it done today. I do have a 615 mission for a weapon though, and the last follower I need for it is an hour away from 100 with a set of 615 armor and a 615 weapon waiting for him.
Who knows, maybe it'll even be warforged.

Boogdud

Sustained? Single-target? Receipts.gif

That was average over the whole instance. I'm guessing he was popping killing spree during multiple pulls (we were going extremely quickly and didn't cc anything). Should have taken some screens but wasn't thinking about it. Looked him up and his ilvl was only 634.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Combat AoE is bonkers, but their single target DPS leaves something to be desired.

Numbers were horribly inflated, their "cleave" is better than Warriors'.

Top Bottom