• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

cdyhybrid

I dunno, havent played since Wotlk and just seems crazy that you have 4 chances at loot, even if some are worse/much much harder to get than others.

Eh, you won't find many people that are doing all the difficulties. "Real" raiders probably won't even step foot in LFR unless it's to finish the legendary quest faster. Normal is tuned for people who have normal dungeon gear, Heroic is tuned for people with heroic dungeon gear, and Mythic isn't even open until next week.

You might have people running the lower difficulties in their off time for extra gear, but it's not really necessary.

idlewild_

so, uh, was able to log on

but hearthstones don't work. oh well...

joined a group for highmaul, can't zone into instance, raid portal isn't even there and can't accept summons...

left group and tried walking through where the portal should be and it tells me i need to be in a raid group. try joining raid group, raid portal isn't there and can't zone in...

mileS

You need to go back in time to last night and log out outside your garrison.

def not everything. I logged out in pandaria and still had lots of problems logging in. Finally got in and nothing would register for a good 2 min each time, then I finally got kicked off.

vocab

When siege came out. There was 5 world bosses, a new continent, and a new raid and it worked properly. This is some garbage ass shit. I blame crz.

mileS

When siege came out. There was 5 world bosses, a new continent, and a new raid and it worked properly. This is some garbage ass shit. I blame crz.

I get where you're coming from but you have to remember this is at the start of an expansion and SoO wasn't. Also have to account for the 3mil+ subs they have since WoD came out. Add on how crazy the Garrison stuff works as far as phasing and server issues. Yea.

Again if they would just do maint. early on monday night a lot of these issues would be solved. For one the world boss spawning too many adds crashing servers shouldn't have made it to live servers. And more so a lot of the problems happen when everyone is hammering the servers trying to log in at once. Bring the servers down 4-5 hours earlier on Monday night, bring them up a couple hours before most people get home from school or off work and everything runs a bit smoother. Won't fix everything but it doesn't take a genius to know it would work a hell of a lot better than it does now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hey US-gaf, thanks for beta testing for us Europeans :p

zaxon

My server crashed so hard it's not even in the realm list anymore.

I just want to queue up those delicious 10 hour missions before I go to bed :(

ZenaxPure

My server has been down for an hour now and looking at the list there are a few random other servers down as well. Wonder what is up with that, we're just your average medium pop server nothing special.

antonz

Got in. Got to world boss. Got world boss to 50% world server crash.

Come the fuck on Blizzard. You had to know the moment a world boss went live the entire server would charge to its location

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Been on one of my servers for 1.5 hours, but the other one seems down. /shrug

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what ilvl is the heroic gear again? 630?

Watching a horde group nearly wipe on Tarlna. I think 'URUK OGAR' means 'KILL ADDS' I'm not sure.

And they wiped. I can only imagine the arguing and recrimination, this takes me back.

Mupod

Watching a horde group nearly wipe on Tarlna. I think 'URUK OGAR' means 'KILL ADDS' I'm not sure.

And they wiped. I can only imagine the arguing and recrimination, this takes me back.

our main issue with world bosses back in the BC days were other horde trying to sabotage us. Guess that's probably less of a problem now since you don't have to worry about butthurt people who want to get in the raid?

alliance were usually cool and we'd take turns trying. This one would make fun of us when we wiped in awesome ways
we got him anyways

i8v6Usyz6drcv.jpg

Rhaknar

ok, time to get serious for a second. real issues and shit.

do you buff random people as youre questing / out and about? I always do, I cant help it. Here have a buff, make your life 1% easier. Real story: I tried to heal a druid on my shadow priest the other day who was fighting a rare, wasnt working...turns out it was a cow :(

I tried mr cow :( he didnt die tho

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am so sad I didn't get the Bladefist on my Combat Rogue. Also I forgot to apply Poisons on Kargath.
KuGsj.gif

Rushed home from work after working a bit of overtime and my realm isn't even availble to log into. Blizz I want to raid, I studied boss strats at work... >_<

EDIT: Speak of the devil, I just logged in. Complaining on GAF does work! ;)

our main issue with world bosses back in the BC days were other horde trying to sabotage us. Guess that's probably less of a problem now since you don't have to worry about butthurt people who want to get in the raid?

About the only griefing I've seen is opposing faction tanks on pve servers pulling the boss and aiming colossal blow at any afkers on the ridge to the south of his spawn. Surprisingly effective, his aoe combat pulse is enormous. Like 80 yards or more. You can also park adds by the graveyard or tank the boss on top of the horde flight point.

Tyreny

Anyone having any luck on Kel Thuzad? Tried my two chars, one in garrison one not, both "Character Not Found" after waiting at 80% for a few minutes.

cdyhybrid

Stormreaver was apparently nuked from the server list for a bit there. I can actually see my character's model on the char select screen, so I guess that's technically progress, but I'm still stuck on the login screen.

I see people on my friends list online on Stormreaver, but I still can't get in. I assume it's because garrisons are borked.

I picked a great night just to skin. Aside from the lag spikes, I had nearly 200 leathers while in Nagrand. Picked a safe spot between some yellow mobs and just picked them off one by one so when there was a lag spike, it wasn't a big deal.

Just got the server restart boot though.

Rhaknar

heres a question. Say I do get my trading post, so ill have both the trading post and the LM. When I get all my upgrades in a few weeks or however long it takes, which one would you guys drop, LM or TP? I assume LM since by then youre not out and about as much, hence youre not tagging trees as much

I do. I'll try to buff, heal, or toss a renew or shield at them. Sometimes I just heal them if my group is in the area killing stuff.

I like you. I also help out with elites or something if im around, ESPECIALLY if the person is dying. Like come on, you see the dude dying, dont just fucking stand there or continue running :(

Mupod

ok, time to get serious for a second. real issues and shit.

do you buff random people as youre questing / out and about? I always do, I cant help it. Here have a buff, make your life 1% easier. Real story: I tried to heal a druid on my shadow priest the other day who was fighting a rare, wasnt working...turns out it was a cow :(

I tried mr cow :( he didnt die tho

I buff/heal/rez people as I run by them. I don't think I've gotten any random buffs since I started playing again though.

Back in vanilla I almost always played with a priest friend, and we had a thing we called 'reverse ganking'. We'd find a solo alliance fighting a mob, then when he was half health we'd mind control him and kill the mob. Afterwards we'd heal him to full, give him fortitude/MOTW and leave.

Shahadan

heres a question. Say I do get my trading post, so ill have both the trading post and the LM. When I get all my upgrades in a few weeks or however long it takes, which one would you guys drop, LM or TP? I assume LM since by then youre not out and about as much, hence youre not tagging trees as much

Trading post is significantly more useful than lumber mill. Not only do you get access to a reputation but you can buy materials in exchange of ressources.
I think it's a no brainer.

cdyhybrid

I like you. I also help out with elites or something if im around, ESPECIALLY if the person is dying. Like come on, you see the dude dying, dont just fucking stand there or continue running :(

LM because all it does is give you GR once you've done the associated quests and gotten the follower.

Trading Post gives you crafting mats, an auctioneer, and access to another faction.

Rhaknar

LM because all it does is give you GR once you've done the associated quests and gotten the follower.

Trading Post gives you crafting mats, an auctioneer, and access to another faction.

thank you for being so helpful

Mupod

burning blade just went down. I just want to do garrison stuff before I go to bed, hopefully they're fixing it.

I'm so far behind my friends it really sucks that I couldn't play on my non-workout day.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
burning blade just went down. I just want to do garrison stuff before I go to bed, hopefully they're fixing it.

I'm so far behind my friends it really sucks that I couldn't play on my non-workout day.

I was on for 15mins, got booted, and haven't been able to log since; 4 hours ago.

Top Bottom