• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
now im actually scared that the euro servers will blow up aswell :/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
what in the actual fuck, my group has a dude on a mount checking for switching on butcher.

OMG. I'm pissed. We finally downed it, but wtf? Most retarded thing I ever experienced in a raid. More retarded than LFR/MC stuff. And he was the raid leader...

...blizzard never got rid of Valor points. They just made it so you that you can earn 'valor' either by being rich or doing pvp as well as grind them out for a few minutes a day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
...blizzard never got rid of Valor points. They just made it so you that you can earn 'valor' either by being rich or doing pvp as well as grind them out for a few minutes a day.

is this about the apex things? im still a nub to most end game stuff, I saw 2 dailies, one that gave 800, and another 1000, ive gotten some from the lumber mill, and I saw that the ring quest needs 5k

Kacar

Got Kargath and Butcher down on normal, wiped about 4 times on the spore mushroom guy then we stopped for the night. Thought the fights were good, butcher was a derp check.

So with being geared up for this expansion I'm now safely running more old content for mounts. Now weekly I run:

Eye of Eternity (10m)
Throne of the Four Winds (25m)
Ulduar (25m)
Icecrown Citadel (25m, Heroic at Lich King)
Firelands (10m Normal)
Dragon Soul (10m Heroic)

And got nothing. Bah! Still trying to kill warbringers and run around often for them to catch them spawned. Get maybe 5-10 kills a day. I've now gotten duplicates of both Slate and Amber but still need Jade.

All 25 of my followers are now level 100 and just working on raising their ranks and ilvl.

I really need to do the legendary stuff. I've only ran two heroic dungeons so far. And I haven't even ran all of them in Normal. I think there's three I've never been in. But I'm ilvl 627 so I'm not terribly worried.

I just need more mounts.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning ya'll! How is/was the raid when it went live :D?

Also, how often will the two (two right?) world bosses spawn?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Fjordson

So with being geared up for this expansion I'm now safely running more old content for mounts. Now weekly I run:

Eye of Eternity (10m)
Throne of the Four Winds (25m)
Ulduar (25m)
Icecrown Citadel (25m, Heroic at Lich King)
Firelands (10m Normal)
Dragon Soul (10m Heroic)

And got nothing. Bah! Still trying to kill warbringers and run around often for them to catch them spawned. Get maybe 5-10 kills a day. I've now gotten duplicates of both Slate and Amber but still need Jade.

All 25 of my followers are now level 100 and just working on raising their ranks and ilvl.

I really need to do the legendary stuff. I've only ran two heroic dungeons so far. And I haven't even ran all of them in Normal. I think there's three I've never been in. But I'm ilvl 627 so I'm not terribly worried.

I just need more mounts.
Haha, I need more mounts too! I'm doing all of those every week on like five characters save for Eye of Eternity.

I wonder if I'll be able to solo say...Horridon eventually if gear gets powerful enough this expansion. Or maybe people are already solo'ing Horridon, I don't know.

Good morning ya'll! How is/was the raid when it went live :D?

Also, how often will the two (two right?) world bosses spawn?
It looks like it switches every week. So this week it's only Tarlna. Next week it'll be Drov.

The timer isn't long. I got into a group and they said they had been waiting maybe 10 minutes before Tarlna showed up again. Of course I got double gold =[

C.Dark.DN

Banned
2 shotted Kargath. Wiped multiple times at 6% on Butcher because the raid leader decided to run around on his mount and do nothing but tell people to switch for cleaves. ...

In a new group for Tectus,

Floridian

Only had time for two highmaul bosses, korgath and butcher. Korgath was really simple while the butcher gave some trouble because of positioning issues that caused so much cleave damage. My group had like 3 655 boe pieces drop from trash alone, so the drop rate from them must not be too rare.

Ran with a guild starting on heroic without doing normal. Heroic Butcher is nearly impossible in dungeon gear. We were barely getting him to 50% before healers were oom and we weren't close to beating enrage. X_x

Rhaknar

just realised I cant play when I get home from work because servers will be down. Now im sad :(

Haha, I need more mounts too! I'm doing all of those every week on like five characters save for Eye of Eternity.

I wonder if I'll be able to solo say...Horridon eventually if gear gets powerful enough this expansion. Or maybe people are already solo'ing Horridon, I don't know.

It looks like it switches every week. So this week it's only Tarlna. Next week it'll be Drov.

The timer isn't long. I got into a group and they said they had been waiting maybe 10 minutes before Tarlna showed up again. Of course I got double gold =[

I'll try MSV again to make sure but as an enhance shaman we can't live through the damage. I was hoping I could solo that up to Elegon but I didn't figure that to be a reasonable thought and I only got the stone dogs about 1/3 of the way down when I attempted it. But that was as a fairly fresh 100, I think my ilvl was still around 590 or lower, so now that I'm 627 it might be more possible. I still haven't used my 90 boost because I don't play alts but I've been very close throwing it on a DK I started and played a little during MoP to get a proper soloing class up and running. I would bet DKs could solo a fair bit of the later content.

Also during that fresh 100 period I tested the world bosses and the only one I could keep my health up on was Sha of Anger but once it MCed me it faded away and reset. I intend to start using LFG to put together world boss killing groups. I'm sure most of them at this point really just need a tank, healer, and some DPS as the damage output should be quick enough to not require tank swapping or anything.

There's some other mounts I need to work on through just grinding like the new reps, Timeless Isle rep, and there's the Molten Core run I keep forgetting about.

One nice recent thing was being able to buy a fairly cheap Crimson Deathcharger (40k gold) so now I don't have to worry about Shadowmourne for its mount. That was another reason I wanted the DK since they don't even allow shamans to make it since they can't use it.

Oh, and while I've completed most the meta achievements prior to MoP on my own there's always one or two achievements within the last four I have of the older stuff that can't be soloed so that'll be another step eventually to knock out the last meta achievements I need to land me four more mounts.

Just need to get 250 and I'll be done again.

Edit: Oh, and forgot to mention that I did actually try Throne of Thunder back with the others with Horridon and the bird mounts in mind and maybe got like 15% into the first boss. Hit way too hard.

Rhaknar

can one realistically, easily do firelands 25m solo with any class at 100?

what about dragonsoul?

DarkJC

Ran with a guild starting on heroic without doing normal. Heroic Butcher is nearly impossible in dungeon gear. We were barely getting him to 50% before healers were oom and we weren't close to beating enrage. X_x

Yeahh, it seems dumb to do heroic before doing a normal clear. Even the gear from one normal clear would go a long way to helping for those gear checks.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
can one realistically, easily do firelands 25m solo with any class at 100?

what about dragonsoul?

I do firelands on my warlock all the time, it's pretty easy. I don't know why you'd want to do it 25 man though unless you were doing the legendary.

Same with dragon soul. Don't know why youd want to do 25 man over 10 unless you were doing the legendary, but Ultraxion needs 2 people on 25 man or he wipes the raid, and I don't know for sure but I think Spine is pretty hard unless you have a healer.

Maybe not "any class" either. Mages might have some problems.

Rhaknar

I've done heroic 25man firelands easily and heroic 25man DS ( until shitty deathwing tail ) on my 635 warrior.

dat plate tho. my only 100 is my (shadow) Priest, I want some tier for transmog, and I already have 5 and 6 (arguably the best Priest tiers tbh). I do love the white / gold spiky one, I think its Dragonsoul?

I do firelands on my warlock all the time, it's pretty easy. I don't know why you'd want to do it 25 man though unless you were doing the legendary.

Same with dragon soul. Don't know why youd want to do 25 man over 10 unless you were doing the legendary, but Ultraxion needs 2 people on 25 man or he wipes the raid, and I don't know for sure but I think Spine is pretty hard unless you have a healer.

Maybe not "any class" either. Mages might have some problems.

for the tier color, especially that white/gold one. This is the part where you say "the white/gold one was the LFR one which you cant get now lol" and I cry

edit: its not, I checked *whew. Its normal. wait those sets only had LFR/normal/heroic, there was no 10m/25m difference. I guess only in the amount of tokens that drop / higher chance to get yours

Fjordson

Are they taking down the servers again?
I've been on for a few hours now, seems fine.

I'll try MSV again to make sure but as an enhance shaman we can't live through the damage. I was hoping I could solo that up to Elegon but I didn't figure that to be a reasonable thought and I only got the stone dogs about 1/3 of the way down when I attempted it. But that was as a fairly fresh 100, I think my ilvl was still around 590 or lower, so now that I'm 627 it might be more possible. I still haven't used my 90 boost because I don't play alts but I've been very close throwing it on a DK I started and played a little during MoP to get a proper soloing class up and running. I would bet DKs could solo a fair bit of the later content.

Also during that fresh 100 period I tested the world bosses and the only one I could keep my health up on was Sha of Anger but once it MCed me it faded away and reset. I intend to start using LFG to put together world boss killing groups. I'm sure most of them at this point really just need a tank, healer, and some DPS as the damage output should be quick enough to not require tank swapping or anything.

There's some other mounts I need to work on through just grinding like the new reps, Timeless Isle rep, and there's the Molten Core run I keep forgetting about.

One nice recent thing was being able to buy a fairly cheap Crimson Deathcharger (40k gold) so now I don't have to worry about Shadowmourne for its mount. That was another reason I wanted the DK since they don't even allow shamans to make it since they can't use it.

Oh, and while I've completed most the meta achievements prior to MoP on my own there's always one or two achievements within the last four I have of the older stuff that can't be soloed so that'll be another step eventually to knock out the last meta achievements I need to land me four more mounts.

Just need to get 250 and I'll be done again.

Edit: Oh, and forgot to mention that I did actually try Throne of Thunder back with the others with Horridon and the bird mounts in mind and maybe got like 15% into the first boss. Hit way too hard.
Ah damn. Well hopefully ToT gets easier with new raid tiers.

And I hear ya about the world boss mounts. I got the Oon mount many months ago, but never saw any of the others. I did them every week on two characters (and bonus rolled) but have been busy with all the new stuff in WoD. Going to start trying to get groups weekly again for Sha and Galleon.

Mothman91

Yeah, harder that Butcher imo. Got down to 1 shard and 4 motes so far. Trying to find a new group on it.

Yup, same. Group finally realized that you should kill 1 shard first and let the other live while you burn the motes down. Also wiped a few times due to people not realizing they have the red cloud debuff on and they would wipe the range out before we realize it's on us.

Also anyone know if Tectus is easier or the spore boss? Hopefully I can down both tomorrow, server came up late so I had a little time to raid.

Trickster

No problem getting into Ravencrest-EU, then again, it's not the middle of the afternoon like it was when US servers went up

Hellers

I don't have a main. They're all alts to me. When I get bored doing one thing I switch to another. At the moment I'm leveling fishing on my DK. After that I have some free time this weekend so I may get a character to 100. I might also get distracted by something shiny and end up doing something else :) I have 7 aliiance characters at 90+ and one horde. Also a couple of alts left at vanilla levels for when I get really bored.

cdyhybrid

Browsing the Highmaul Premade Group listings, it looks like I should be playing a healer.

What's the state of the various healing specs right now for raids? Most OP? Ones to avoid? Most fun? etc.

Browsing the Highmaul Premade Group listings, it looks like I should be playing a healer.

What's the state of the various healing specs right now for raids? Most OP? Ones to avoid? Most fun? etc.

Mistweaver is the weakest now.

Druids are pretty good.

Just what the birds have said.

Rizzi

So level 90 mage.
Arcane seems kind of uh.. shit. Also holy fuck I take so much god damned damage. It's ridiculous.

Lanrutcon

I think people are figuring out the role balance for 30 man groups, and they're shoving in extra healers which is actually biting people in the ass because at least 1 of the new bosses people have gotten to is a serious DPS check.

Hellers

So level 90 mage.
Arcane seems kind of uh.. shit. Also holy fuck I take so much god damned damage. It's ridiculous.

Frost and pick the passive talent that reduces the damage you take, Get used to sitting around eating a lot or I think there's a glyph that heals you up while you're ice blocked. I know a lot of people are using that to heal up after fights. It's the only class I've played that needs to actually rest that much after fights. Frost really needs evocation back too.

I used to level as arcane but I can only stand to do it as frost now. It's a shame because arcane feels meatier

vocab

Resto drood is the best on paper. Play style is something you have to try for your self.

cdyhybrid

Resto drood is the best on paper. Play style is something you have to try for your self.

I don't need to have to choose between 8 different spells on every single GCD to have fun. I'd rather play a simple, straightforward spec that makes me feel powerful and in control than one that's more involved/complicated. I want to be able to pay attention to what's going on around me rather than staring at 20 different Weakauras the whole fight.

I enjoy the new Arms Warrior rotation, if that gives you an idea of what I'm looking for ;)

vocab

I don't need to have to choose between 8 different spells on every single GCD to have fun. I'd rather play a simple, straightforward spec that makes me feel powerful and in control than one that's more involved/complicated. I want to be able to pay attention to what's going on around me rather than staring at 20 different Weakauras the whole fight.

I enjoy the new Arms Warrior rotation, if that gives you an idea of what I'm looking for ;)

Resto druid is pretty easy. I'd stay away from resto shaman and mistweaver then. Both niche healers with high skill ceilings. Other choice would probably be holy pally.

Top Bottom