• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Based on my work/availability schedule, are there any guilds that raid like 8 am central on a saturday, every 9 weeks(sometimes never)?

no?

LFR for me then. my alliance character isn't even in a real guild(they left the server like 2 years ago) but i'm still in the guild by myself all day which is kind of how I play wow anyway.

Guess i'll just LFR my way to victory

do I get my ring once i've turned in the 4 pieces of garbage and the 4986 apexis crystals? I would be able to get it today but I missed out due to yesterday's issues :(

Cloth chest pieces should now correctly have a chance of dropping on Personal loot mode.

motherfucker!

edit: i also boosted my alliance character to 90(from 45 but still) and I have almost no gold. I've never been a big gold collector but my 100 horde shaman has like 25k just sitting on him.

I wish gold was transferrable :(

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder if Rukhmar will be like the two world bosses in Gorgrond or if he will be like Galleon. I killed Galleon a total of zero times while playing through MoP, never saw him up.

I assume he'll be on a real quick respawn. Blizz has those rare mobs for long-ass spawns instead!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Alliance Garrison > Horde Garrison

And I'm a Hordie and always will be, but damn we got the shaft on this one.

Pics to convince me?

Bizazedo

The best tactic is to form a wall of roots around the boss so he never gets any energy from water orbs and has the 100% damage taken debuff until he dies. The tank just has to pick up the adds then you ignore them

Relies too much on not having shit DPS. I lost that fight once with that strat because I seriously must've had 15 adds on me...and then the boss re-activated.

Just letting the water hit him is so much easier, it's not like he'll kill the tank.

I wish they would add so you can have race specific buildings.

They acted like this would be an amazingly huge project to do race specific buildings. I suppose? 3 levels of each building, etc.

I guess because it's going to just be this expansion they didn't want to go nuts on it.

strafer

Relies too much on not having shit DPS. I lost that fight once with that strat because I seriously must've had 15 adds on me...and then the boss re-activated.

Just letting the water hit him is so much easier, it's not like he'll kill the tank.

They acted like this would be an amazingly huge project to do race specific buildings. I suppose? 3 levels of each building, etc.

I guess because it's going to just be this expansion they didn't want to go nuts on it.

Yeah, will probably happen if they decide to do Garrisons in the old world.

Jarnet87

Pics to convince me?

As someone who has both it's not even close. Alliance not only had the better garrison buildings and layout, but Shadowmoon is infinitely better then Frostfire for leveling. You can't even do the lumbermill quests in frostfire, have to go to a different zone.

Bizazedo

Reminds me, I had a follower mission I had never seen before. So meta.

Path of the Titans. Said it took place in "Cataclysm zone". Mission description was something like "Awesome customization system within a system within a system!"

Awarded an item to reroll a followers traits / abilities (I forget exactly, was running out the door to work this morning), but still got me to chuckle.

Path of the Titans and Dance Studio, oh how we wonder what we missed.

Won

I already considered doing a faction change to the Alliance, because of the garrisons. The new character models make it even more tempting. :/

As someone who has both it's not even close. Alliance not only had the better garrison buildings and layout, but Shadowmoon is infinitely better then Frostfire for leveling. You can't even do the lumbermill quests in frostfire, have to go to a different zone.

I guess it would be difficult to justify trees in a glacial wasteland.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank fuck the world boss dropped [Eroded Tusk] (worth 22 silver) for me. With the tusk in my bag, the coin and time I spent on getting 60g is now totally worth it.

Yoshichan

fuck yes!!!

TGUj6ds.png

Yoshichan

It was from salvaging a box :lol

Jarnet87

It was from salvaging a box :lol

I'm close to getting the achievement for the lvl 3 plan but i've read so many people complaining about not getting any follower items with the salvage yard lvl 3. I am nowhere near fully gearing up my followers so I will stick with lvl 2.

Yoshichan

Barracks level 3! Thank god, no more needing to dismiss followers (for a good while at least) :lol

Tacitus_

I'm close to getting the achievement for the lvl 3 plan but i've read so many people complaining about not getting any follower items with the salvage yard lvl 3. I am nowhere near fully gearing up my followers so I will stick with lvl 2.

You get them no problem at level 3. You just also get so much other random crap that it might seem you're not getting any.

Hixx

Level 3 upgrade is definitely worth it. I too was hesitant but you quickly notice you get the crates much more often and you get more stuff from them. You still get boxes with next to nothing in but way more often you get 3 or even 4 greens, dust, follower items etc.

CassSept

630+ ilvl it's not hard at all, Legendary Ring, MC, Garrison Missions, Crafting Items, Daily CM, Apexis Items.

Yea, I feel even fairly casual players will stumble into 630 just running heroics and crafting. The ring and multiple options for 640 helms helps a lot (for the engineering helm it basically just comes down to three or four days of crafting gears and filling work orders).

I hit 630 today and I didn't even put any effort into gearing up yet. It's not hard at all.

Babalu.

Apparently some servers seem completely fine for the most part. Someone was saying they upgraded the server for tichondrius and some other higher pop realms (dunno which ones) and sure enough I'm watching streams of people on that realm zoning in and out of arenas and instances just fine. Yeaaaa.

I logged onto Tichondrius around 430-5pm PST and has absolutely no problems all night except from like 5-7pm I couldn't enter my own mine because it would auto disconnected me at the entrance. Otherwise it was smooth all night.

My guild ran Heroic Highmaul with an average ilvl of around 630-635. Kargath was REALLY fun and pretty easy. We downed Heroic Kargath in 5 pulls, I was able to get a 670 plate helm with crappy stats.

Heroic Butcher on the other hand.... we just were not geared enough for that. The closest we got heroic butcher was down to 36%. By that time all healers were OOM and our tanks were out of cooldowns. Our tanks (DK/BEAR) kept saying how absolutely fucking hard butcher hit them for. Our mechanics on that fight were perfect, the tanks just couldn't keep up with that much damage and neither could the healers. On Thursday we might just go and clear highmaul normal to get some people some gear and since we kind of just took anyone 630 from guild, we might trim the fat since we ran with 27 people and move it down to around 20-24 people. But were not a hardcore guild so the night was fun and all the new toys are fun to mess around with except...

BTW: toy train is nothing compared to the annoyance of that short cooldown teleport item and that thing that makes everyone cry. lol

But yeah, Heroic butcher was tough. We probably have to go clear normal for some more gear.

The large crates are great.

Yes you get a lot of garbage greens and I'm getting sick of checking to see if any of them have transmog values.

But the follower upgrades come hard and fast.

Midwinter got exposed on the butcher.

What happened?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn, was that a follower mission Yoshi?

My War Mill thinks I love iron horde scraps.

I got one of those from a Level 2 salvage crate. They're just rare.

What do you mean?

They probably died, I guess. We tried to dip our toes in on Normal, but its way too easy. We one shot Kargath and Butcher (and wiped once on Brackenspore, although only one person in our 20 man raid even knew what he does or watched a video) before servers died.

Also, fuck the backwards walking snake in Brawler's Arena.

Does anyone else keep the discarded lucky coin in their bag even though they're pretty sure it does absolutely nothing aside from a "buff" that says you feel lucky?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's my most wanted thing too. I like WC3 human stuff but I'd love to have a nelf or gnome garrison.
Garrisons were already so artistically intensive that we didn't wind up getting fully fleshed out capitals in WoD.

Yoshichan

Yes, I truly do wonder what happened here

iiaTiERJW4L0Y.jpg

Yoshichan

What did the Garrison mission lead to, actually? Like, I did all of the Socrethar quests in Shadowmoon Valley... and then it returned me back to the Garrison... and all I got was 14g.

Shahadan

What did the Garrison mission lead to, actually? Like, I did all of the Socrethar quests in Shadowmoon Valley... and then it returned me back to the Garrison... and all I got was 14g.

You're supposed to fill the bar while there to get a bonus 800 apexis crystals. IT's not part of the quest itself.

Mothman91

Can anyone see in their raid lockout if the world boss is in there? I'm sure I killed tarina yesterday and I don't see her in my raid lockout.

Yoshichan

You're supposed to fill the bar while there to get a bonus 800 apexis crystals. IT's not part of the quest itself.
Well then, and now it's too late I take it? Great information there from Blizzard (c)!

Is this a quest that will be showing time weekly?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Garrisons were already so artistically intensive that we didn't wind up getting fully fleshed out capitals in WoD.

The garrisons are just plots where you put premade buildings on top of them, most of which have a cookie cutter interior?

Angry Grimace

Can anyone see in their raid lockout if the world boss is in there? I'm sure I killed tarina yesterday and I don't see her in my raid lockout.

There's a macro that will tell you this, but its not working currently.

Top Bottom