• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The garrisons are just plots where you put premade buildings on top of them, most of which have a cookie cutter interior?
Yes, but designing and creating all those buildings was probably the most intensive part of the expansion when you're looking at over a hundred unique buildings.

So I basically quit for a bit because of some guild drama like a week out of the gate. I think I was level 91. Ended up hitting up GTA 5 for a bit and will probably be done with it by next week so I want to jump back into this. You guys have been fucking with garrisons for a while now, is this basically the treadmill for this expansion? I didn't do the daily wall in mists, and if this is just a different version of that, I'm not sure if it will keep my interest. Can I get some opinions on it from ya'll?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yes, but designing and creating all those buildings was probably the most intensive part of the expansion when you're looking at over a hundred unique buildings.

There are no unique buildings in WoW that aren't raid zones. They're all the same building, man.

So I basically quit for a bit because of some guild drama like a week out of the gate. I think I was level 91. Ended up hitting up GTA 5 for a bit and will probably be done with it by next week so I want to jump back into this. You guys have been fucking with garrisons for a while now, is this basically the treadmill for this expansion? I didn't do the daily wall in mists, and if this is just a different version of that, I'm not sure if it will keep my interest. Can I get some opinions on it from ya'll?

Yes and no. You don't *have* to do Garrisons at all if you really don't want to. It doesn't really lock you out of anything in particular, but Garrisons are, unlike daily quests, fun, so its not the same thing.

You can obtain resources for free and if you never use any of them, but log in to walk over to the box and collect them, you'll have enough for your Seal of Tempered Fate (bonus roll). You won't have enough for all three, but there are other ways to deal with that. So far I haven't identified much in the way of gear that's unique to the Garrison or that can't be obtained faster by just raiding or running heroics.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just saw hotfixes, some crafting items actually use base mats now instead of always needing a daily/work order mat, so I guess blizz is learning!

also rank 3 pet menagerie down from 500 battles to 150 is great. 500 was fucking obscene.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should let me replace the menagerie with something useful. Or just let me destroy it. I'm not using it either way.

Depends on the buildings you choose. Some encourage daily grinding in dungeons (the Inn), others encourage tedious gathering (Lumber Mill) and others encourage mob farming (Dwarven Bunker, Barn). Pick your poison. Eventually you'd let all the buildings go 'fallow' but you'll feel compelled to tend to your mine/garden every day a-la the sunsong ranch in Mists. It might be harder to juggle garrisons if you're an altoholic but if you're just on your main you'll be done with the principals (Apexis, follower missions, profession CDs) in less than 90 minutes at the absolute slowest.

Shattering the Enemy: Increased the spawn rates for Felstorm Crystal

haha oh god fuck that quest.

omg MC surgers and hounds no longer respawn. CASUALS, amirite?

vocab

You make it seem like garrisons are required for anything. They are a luxury item, and everything you get from it is a bonus. No one is forcing you to do any of it. The items you get from it are technically catchup mechanics, and the crafted gear is only good for the first few weeks.

Apt101

They should let me replace the menagerie with something useful. Or just let me destroy it. I'm not using it either way.

Agreed. I play with around 10 people I know IRL. None of us will ever have this building. In my guild of around 100, no one will ever own it. Let us destroy that wasted plot for something useful.

Robin64

Thanks Drov!

VKs84AC.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Pandaland-flying tome is hilariously unnecessary. It takes like an evening to get from 85 to 90 on a regular old mount and you get some idiotic amount of XP running dungeons in Pandaland.

Jarnet87

Agreed. I play with around 10 people I know IRL. None of us will ever have this building. In my guild of around 100, no one will ever own it. Let us destroy that wasted plot for something useful.

give us a building that lets us gather leather and cloth, much more useful.

Having that quest in my log is a constant thorn in my side, especially since it's 2/3rds done. But I can't be assed to level 3 beast pets to 25 for the last one so I can ignore the menagerie forever.

Angry Grimace

You mean Tarina? Or is your server Drov this week and not Tarina? I heard only 1 spawns each week alternating

I simply don't understand why this is. Wasn't the case in Pandaria at any of the raid tiers.

give us a building that lets us gather leather and cloth, much more useful.

The Tailoring Shack and Barn do this, don't they?

Angry Grimace

What's the macro? I know that in MoP, you had the world bosses in your raid lockout window if you killed them, don't see Tarina on mine.

They are tracked as quests now. Even if you kill Tarlna, its going to say you haven't looted it - /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(37462)) will tell you if you've done it.

Note: It's TARLNA, not Tarina. Hilariously, Blizzard doesn't even notice this - the infested enemies surrounding the boss are named Tarina Infested. The boss is named Tarlna.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We're aware of this behavior and have been working on a hotfix that's currently being tested to address this. To encourage players to stick around, quests received from the Garrison Inn will receive an additional condition to defeat the final boss of the instance.

There you go.

cdyhybrid

They are tracked as quests now. Even if you kill Tarlna, its going to say you haven't looted it - /run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(37462)) will tell you if you've done it.

Note: It's TARLNA, not Tarina. Hilariously, Blizzard doesn't even notice this - the infested enemies surrounding the boss are named Tarina Infested. The boss is named Tarlna.

Haha. Unpaid intern probably messed that up :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck at these healer proving grounds? its like youre in a group with the shittiest geared people ever that dont move from anything >_>

I barely scrapped by bronze, and I destroyed bronze/silver as dps :/ (priest here)

edit: oh wait I did it first try lol. thought it would be worse, seemed easier than bronze hah. Maybe I just wasnt expecting it at first with bronze

cdyhybrid

Think I'm going to go with Resto Druid. Probably offspec Boomkin because everyone loves ranged DPS.

Wish Horde had a pretty race that could be a Druid :(

BashNasty

what the fuck at these healer proving grounds? its like youre in a group with the shittiest geared people ever that dont move from anything >_>

I barely scrapped by bronze, and I destroyed bronze/silver as dps :/ (priest here)

Interesting. I'm playing as a holy priest in ilvl 610 gear and I found both the bronze and silver proving grounds pretty easy. Are you sure you're doing your healing rotation correctly?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Interesting. I'm playing as a holy priest in ilvl 610 gear and I found both the bronze and silver proving grounds pretty easy. Are you sure you're doing your healing rotation correctly?

as I said I did it first try, I was bitching before hand :p

was still almost oom on the last wave tho

FYI for those aggravated with tavern quest people ruining your runs:
We're aware of this behavior and have been working on a hotfix that's currently being tested to address this. To encourage players to stick around, quests received from the Garrison Inn will receive an additional condition to defeat the final boss of the instance.
Source

Angry Grimace

Maybe they should lower the amount of trash in UBRS while they are at it because its bullshit right now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The real problem isn't that the inn quests don't force the player to get to the end of the dungeon, it's that people don't feel like running heroics is worth the time.

Rhaknar

just did the shadowmoon dungeon heroic, was fun. lots of moving out of shit. Also did the train one normal, and it was probably my favorite dungeon in years. I can see the second boss being a pug killer in heroic tho

I can now do MC but ill save it for the weekend since I hear its loooooooooooooong

Angry Grimace

UBRS length reminds me of OG Heroic Deadmines in Cata (pre-nerfs).

They physical length isn't bad, its that there's fucking buttloads of trash.

They need to delete:

About half the Mobs in the entrance area, half of the mobs on the Leeroy path (find some other way to make some sort of challenge to the Leeroy achievement), delete half the mobs from the room before Zaela, cut half of the mobs from the fake Rend encounter.

Rhaknar

holy shit at that new druid werepanther form o_O

Angry Grimace

Level 100 you can pick a talent that changes catform into a Saberon (the humanoid cat people in Spires)

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=171745/claws-of-shirvallah

Its basically a kitty form of the Worgen - in lore it is basically the same thing, in fact. The Worgen were created when some Druids got the idea to attune to the Scythe of Elune to try and control their wolf forms and failed. These new cat forms are supposed to be similar.

cdyhybrid

Level 100 you can pick a talent that changes catform into a Saberon (the humanoid cat people in Spires)

Its basically a kitty form of the Worgen - in lore it is basically the same thing, in fact. The Worgen were created when some Druids got the idea to attune to the Scythe of Elune to try and control their wolf forms and failed. These new cat forms are supposed to be similar.

Oh, I thought that talent got another skin or something :p

Rhaknar

also, it looks badass

Angry Grimace

Oh, I thought that talent got another skin or something :p

Claws is the worst talent though. Unfortunately, Blizzard's take on Druids is that as a penalty for getting four specs, Druid talents are always dumb hybrid nonsense.

Hixx

Garrison RNG been kind to me today. Got 645 follower weapon, couple of minor armour upgrades for them but also 525 resources from one mission :D

A level 100 follower with Scavenger is great. Bye-bye LM and TP.

Linkyn

First raid with the new group tonight. Killed the first 4 bosses in about 3 hours, but of course Tectus bugged out and gave no loot.

Top Bottom