• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Warlock on the other hand, feels fine compared to my mage.
:/

all the locks I know are complaining they are the worst lol. everyone's class is always the worst class :)

Salamando

I think Garrisons accidentally killed the game for me. Since they're so mobile-gamey, they put me in a mobile game state of mind...which is I'll play i heavily for a few weeks before abandoning it completely. And since I have no interest in raiding, the entire gear treadmill broke. And it's not like the storyline is worth playing for...

Or maybe I just really don't like playing my Shadow Priest anymore. Dots are a lot more boring now.

antonz

I am doing fairly good with my mage. Sucks I am limited to frost to be effective but I am effective.

Mage has a big problem though that has expanded to all the specs instead of just fire. It is way too gear dependent. The class is just a glass BB gun with basic gear. You don't even achieve glass cannon until your gear is basically maxed out and your waiting for the next expansion.

short Burst AOE we are great. If the targets have a lot of health you can see how quickly we lose ground to like Hunters who just spam aoe attacks all day. They added a cooldown reducer to blizzard for frozen orb but blizzard blows so that addon was useless.
Frost Mage AOE is basically frozen orb, ice nova, ice nova, ice lance spam

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any mistweaver monks around? I used to love mine at the start of MOP (the last time I raided for realsies, when we cleared up to the bug place with a group of 10m friends, but when they wanted to move on to heroic shit I just didnt have the time or will anymore), but blizz started forcing the "melee healing" in more and more with changes which killed the class for me, since I have zero interest in melee.

Im seeing now that "melee healing" actually is a official thing now, it even has its own stance. So are both ways of healing viable now, or do you still need to use both and switch around depending on the circumstance? because I really liked the range way with the statue and shit, I just dont want to be in melee to heal

(I also dont like disc priest, I just dont want to dps to heal basically lol)

edit: also, yes I realise im saying I have no interest in melee when just 2 days ago I said I took a ret pali for a spin for the first time and liked it, it still doesnt change the fact that as a healer, I want to hang back and see whats going on and...well heal, I dont want to be on the boss's ass punching him

I am doing fairly good with my mage. Sucks I am limited to frost to be effective but I am effective.

Mage has a big problem though that has expanded to all the specs instead of just fire. It is way too gear dependent. The class is just a glass BB gun with basic gear. You don't even achieve glass cannon until your gear is basically maxed out and your waiting for the next expansion.

short Burst AOE we are great. If the targets have a lot of health you can see how quickly we lose ground to like Hunters who just spam aoe attacks all day. They added a cooldown reducer to blizzard for frozen orb but blizzard blows so that addon was useless.

How does arcane fare right now? Thinking about trying it out.

But yea, frost is really boring. It seems the only time i do decent damage is when frost orb is out. other than that its just frostbolt spam until some procs. Incredibly dull rotation. Thinking about using that 90 on a new class that might actually be fun...

vocab

oh boy. that last fight in highmaul. Man, pugs are gonna have it rough. That is a long ass fight. We almost full cleared on normal, and got him down to 10%. The arcane pulse rifle hell owned the raid hard. 11 min attempot too. Was gonna rank on that one easily. I ranked on two other fights so that's not too bad.

any mistweaver monks around? I used to love mine at the start of MOP (the last time I raided for realsies, when we cleared up to the bug place with a group of 10m friends, but when they wanted to move on to heroic shit I just didnt have the time or will anymore), but blizz started forcing the "melee healing" in more and more with changes which killed the class for me, since I have zero interest in melee.

Im seeing now that "melee healing" actually is a official thing now, it even has its own stance. So are both ways of healing viable now, or do you still need to use both and switch around depending on the circumstance? because I really liked the range way with the statue and shit, I just dont want to be in melee to heal

(I also dont like disc priest, I just dont want to dps to heal basically lol)

fistweaving is not viable in raids.

lexi

Banned

I think Hunter AOE is actually really bad now. But they're single target DPS is so good that it's a tradeoff most of them are happy to make.

Rhaknar

fistweaving is not viable in raids.

awesome! sorry punchy fans :p

I think Hunter AOE is actually really bad now. But they're single target DPS is so good that it's a tradeoff most of them are happy to make.

hunters destroyed me in aoe (well in dmg overall, but in aoe good lord) in the few dungeons ive done on my shadow priest. shadow priests have fuck all aoe, we have 1 shitty channeled aoe, and a shitty cooldown aoe, I guess you can multi dot, but by the time you do that, mobs are dead

How does arcane fare right now? Thinking about trying it out.

But yea, frost is really boring. It seems the only time i do decent damage is when frost orb is out. other than that its just frostbolt spam until some procs. Incredibly dull rotation. Thinking about using that 90 on a new class that might actually be fun...

from the little I tried I have to agree, and Mage was going to be my main some months ago when I was playing him. But its basically frostbolt ad nauseum until fingers of frost procs so you ice lance...or whatever makes makes frostfire bolt proc

as a shadowpriest I have mindblast, 2 dots, a big nuke/dot to use up my class resource, a channel, a proc in the form of mind spike AND shadow word death on execute phase. No wonder I ended up loving SP so much in comparison >_>

Frost Mage is alot of fun, insane burst. I can pull off 60ish k DPS at the start of a fight(Prismatic Crystal+Ice Nova=From one Ice Nova, it's technically 2 frost novas hitting the enemy. Add in an Ice Orb, and you get 2 ticks per second on one enemy, and Ice Lance with the Chilled Fingers buff and you're essentially throwing 2 lances at once. Not to mention the multistrikes.)

I mean, Prismatic Crystal is a little bit overpowered. Thermal Void and Comet Storm are just useless with PC. They need to buff the other two talents.

Also I found out during the raid last night Mages have a skill called 'Amplify Magic' which increases healing for everyone for 6 seconds. I have been playing since day 1 of the expansion and I barely found out.

lexi

Banned
awesome! sorry punchy fans :p

hunters destroyed me in aoe (well in dmg overall, but in aoe good lord) in the few dungeons ive done on my shadow priest. shadow priests have fuck all aoe, we have 1 shitty channeled aoe, and a shitty cooldown aoe, I guess you can multi dot, but by the time you do that, mobs are dead

Yeah I think all casters are not in a great place atm. Hunters are like ranged melee, they're really kinda bullshit currently.

Rhaknar

does anyone feel like they gimp their dps a lot for being "too careful"? I dont raid so it doesnt really matter, but im always so worried about not dying that I never take risks. I never stand in the fire a little longer to pump out that last dps because my trinket procced. Hell atm on my shadow priest im constantly shielding myself (so im basically losing a dps global cooldown every 10 seconds or something) for example. Ill move near healers if I feel i might be too far away instead of nuking and waiting for the healer to come to me. Shit like that.

Maybe its because half my time on wow has been healing so I know the stress it is, and I dont want to add to tha,t I dunno. Maybe im just a big pussy

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Maybe it's because everyone has low ilvls but normals seems way harder than SoO's Flex.

Guild should kill the last boss tomorrow night. No loot so far. >:

I enjoy my ret paladin quite a lot.

Ret is super fun right now. Love how inquisition is gone now.

vocab

Maybe it's because everyone has low ilvls but normals seems way harder than SoO's Flex.

Guild should kill the last boss tomorrow night. No loot so far. >:

Ret is super fun right now. Love how inquisition is gone now.

Siege as a whole was just too easy on flex. With the healing changes, and damage on the go, it's just much harder.

But ya, we are undergeared as hell.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My guild started with heoric Highmaul. The Butcher was kind of just a gut check, particularly as an Arms warrior. Kinda regretting being a DPS warrior because the climb on it seems like it'll be pretty steep. Fury is worthless right now and I feel blocked out of Glad spec based on the makeup of my raid group.

My guild started with heoric Highmaul. The Butcher was kind of just a gut check, particularly as an Arms warrior. Kinda regretting being a DPS warrior because the climb on it seems like it'll be pretty steep. Fury is worthless right now and I feel blocked out of Glad spec based on the makeup of my raid group.

Yeah, he's a huuuuge DPS check. The thing about him though, at the last 30% it becomes a communication check. If you're not timing the Cleaves perfectly, then people will die because they don't notice how many stacks they have. Otherwise the fight is a huge tank check.

Makes me excited to see the later bosses. I haven't really watched any guides per se, so I'm coming in fresh.

cdyhybrid

Tank let me die with 30 minutes left on my 300% exp potion because he was watching YouTube.

Then the windwalker monk ninja'd a leather INT bracer.

Good times.

Mothman91

HOLY SHIT, finally downed Tectus. So satisfying. Really wanted the staff but got warforged bracers, can't always get what you want ;D

Gonna go for Twins tomorrow, see how he is.

So what are the best option to get the new coins aside from gold? apex and honor coins?

And I didnt noticed the War Mill achievement to get its lvl 3 BP for the free coin, so random.

Hellers

I like my frost mage. In fact I like any class that doesn't require me to push many buttons. I loved arcane back in Wrath. I think while raiding it was a 3(?) button rotation? So much fun.

I love my windwalker but christ he has too many buttons.

Guys. I have the altohism bad. 7 characters working through WoD at the same time. Highest is 97, 5 at 96 and 1 at 92. I'm going to finish fishing on my DK tonight (40 more points to go) and then push one character all the way to 100 just so I have one to do heroics with. Which would you recommend? Here's what I have

97 Destro Warlock
96 BM Hunter
96 Frost Mage
96 Frost DK
96 Feral Druid
96 Ret Paladin
92 Windwalker Monk

I don't have an issue changing specs if I need to but I'm too lazy to tank or heal and queues haven't been bad :)

I'm thinking either my Hunter or my Mage. I'm not a huge fan of melee in dungeons or raids. I prefer to stand at a distance most of the time. It tends to mean far less re-positioning but my frost DK is loads of fun.

Maybe my mage. It'll take me longer to level than my hunter but even in normal dungeons I can see my burst dps being stupid high numbers. :) I'll just have to glyph for ice block healing so I don't have to screw around with food

Robin64

Inn: To encourage players to not leave in the middle of a run with a Dungeon Finder group, quests received from the Garrison Inn now requires the final boss of the Dungeon to be defeated.

Satchel of Savage Mysteries now have a chance to contain a mount, pet, pet consumable, Draenor consumable, or Follower upgrade token in addition to an Augment Rune.

Might see some HCs finished now?

Trickster

Tank let me die with 30 minutes left on my 300% exp potion because he was watching YouTube.

Then the windwalker monk ninja'd a leather INT bracer.

Good times.

...You spend your precious 1 hour of insane bonus xp in a dungeon?...why?

So what are the best option to get the new coins aside from gold? apex and honor coins?

And I didnt noticed the War Mill achievement to get its lvl 3 BP for the free coin, so random.

Apexis crystals and Garrison resources are what I'm gonna be using to get coins. Within a few weeks your garrison will reach the point where all you really need resources for is sending followers on missions and a lvl 3 building once in a while

Rhaknar

I love my windwalker but christ he has too many buttons.

good lord you are not joking, just logged mine and played a bit on the prologue quest, damn so many buttons and spells >_<

my gear is also fucking wank, like mop heroic gear (I only healed on the char) so thats not helping lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Windwalker has a lot of buttons but many of them are either not needed or have extremely rare use cases. They are also not particularly reliant on damage windows, making their core rotation extremely simple.

Hellers

good lord you are not joking, just logged mine and played a bit on the prologue quest, damn so many buttons and spells >_<

my gear is also fucking wank, like mop heroic gear (I only healed on the char) so thats not helping lol.

I took the talent that turns the spinny kick thing into a whirlwind and he's lovely in dungeons on trash packs when my fingers don't get all muddled.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Windwalker has a lot of buttons but many of them are either not needed or have extremely rare use cases. They are also not particularly reliant on damage windows, making their core rotation extremely simple.

I dunno man, Tigereye Brew + Serenity/Energizing Brew put a lot of pressure on me when I DPS. And there's also Chi Brew to worry about.

I guess blizzard buffed the xp rewarded from dungeons then? Because during launch week dungeons gave a pitiful amount of xp, and a lot of people were complaining about it, including in this thread.

Talking about low level dungeons with the XP pot (only goes to level 84). WoD dungeons gave shit XP (though it's somewhat fixed now).

Apt101

Two friends just had long text convo's with me why they are quitting because shamans suck. Their entire guilds quit.

Sometimes a class is broken. Sometimes it's so bad people quit in fucking legions over it

Rhaknar

Two friends just had long text convo's with me why they are quitting because shamans suck. Their entire guilds quit.

Sometimes a class is broken. Sometimes it's so bad people quit in fucking legions over it

and sometimes people exagerate

353049e3da.jpg

If you look at defeated Kargath Bladefist in the guild news tab he just looks like a normal orc.
I clearly see two hands there!

Trickster

353049e3da.jpg

If you look at defeated Kargath Bladefist in the guild news tab he just looks like a normal orc.
I clearly see two hands there!

Well, the way they just have us unceremoniously kill him off as the first boss in the expansion does make him feel little more important to the overall plot than a common orc. Really don't get what the point of building him up with stuff like the lords of war short was, especially considering they said that they only featured the most important of the warlords in those animation shorts.

The expansion gets some things right, but their handling of the orc warlords so far in the actual expansion itself have felt very subpar imo.

Rhaknar

Well, the way they just have us unceremoniously kill him off as the first boss in the expansion does make him feel little more important to the overall plot than a common orc. Really don't get what the point of building him up with stuff like the lords of war short was, especially considering they said that they only featured the most important of the warlords in those animation shorts.

The expansion gets some things right, but their handling of the orc warlords so far in the actual expansion itself have felt very subpar imo.

Nerzhul goes from eventual lich king to a dungeon boss so... :p

Rizzi

Well, okay. So don't faction change if you're still doing Talador.
You have to do the At Your Command quest to choose your outpost building again, except the drafting table doesn't show up.

Top Bottom