• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ZenaxPure

Yeah I actually haven't made an Inn yet (bad idea in hindsight, would have been a better way to get good followers for the Highmaul follower missions), but once I get all the Inn achievements I'll tear it down for sure.

I used to think about tearing it down but I'm not so sure anymore. You can only recruit one follower per week with it and there is a lot of traits I want.

Also I kind of have a soft spot for customizing things like this so eventually I want to replace all my boring followers like Croman and Manastorm with NPCs I actually care about. Seems like you can get some interesting people from the Inn as a few weeks ago I had Ken-Ken show up and looking at the list of NPCs you can recruit, lots of other NPCs from past xpacs you can recruit.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I used to think about tearing it down but I'm not so sure anymore. You can only recruit one follower per week with it and there is a lot of traits I want.

Also I kind of have a soft spot for customizing things like this so eventually I want to replace all my boring followers like Croman and Manastorm with NPCs I actually care about. Seems like you can get some interesting people from the Inn as a few weeks ago I had Ken-Ken show up and looking at the list of NPCs you can recruit, lots of other NPCs from past xpacs you can recruit.

not sure if all followers from the inn start at 90 or not.. The one I got last week did.. Haven't gotten my one this week yet.. but if they do start at 90, it almost makes the barracks mandatory with the inn then to be able to efficiently level them up.

Magnus

Wow, Shadow Priest COP is that high up on simcraft? Awesome. I do feel decidedly more powerful this expansion than I have before.

And yeah, I would call any deaths in this expansion spoilers right now. It only came 3-4 weeks ago guys, come on.

Also, damn, if it's stuff that happens in Highmaul, that came out TWO DAYS ago. Lol. Please be courteous.

ZenaxPure

not sure if all followers from the inn start at 90 or not.. The one I got last week did.. Haven't gotten my one this week yet.. but if they do start at 90, it almost makes the barracks mandatory with the inn then to be able to efficiently level them up.

Yeah they all seem to start at 90, it's not too big a deal, the guy I got this week is already level 96 I believe. I roll with the barracks anyway because I felt short on space constantly having 5-6 followers work inside buildings anyway. Extra space was too nice to pass up.

Robin64

Woo! Got a 650 neck from Drov yesterday and then tonight I got a 650 belt from Tarlna. Plus the achievement for beating them both, of course.

Thanks for the replies on the Garrisons. I appreciate it.

So is LFR molten core a chore? My goal is basically to hit 100, get to the ilvl needed and get my mount.

ampere

DUDE, spoilers.

Not all of us have defeated that encounter yet.

Wait until you see what happens when you beat the Butcher... he dies!! Bwahaha

I actually haven't been able to kill any bosses yet, servers were too shitty Tuesday.

Woo! Got a 650 neck from Drove yesterday and then tonight I got a 650 belt from Tarlna. Plus the achievement for beating them both, of course.

Both are up on your realm? At least in the US we only have one boss and it flips weekly.

Wonder if they reneged on that.

So about Garrison plots, if I replace a level 3 plot with something else then later want it back what happens when I build it again? Do I have to pay all the costs or is it free?

Tacitus_

WTB people who don't stomp mines on the Imperator ._____________.

How blind do you have to be to miss the gigantic purple spinning thing under you ._______.

Nah his bladefist falls off after the raid fight and he runs away. Unless you are talking about something later I'm not aware of.

Dropped dead for us. No running away!

Jag

So about Garrison plots, if I replace a level 3 plot with something else then later want it back what happens when I build it again? Do I have to pay all the costs or is it free?

I'm going to guess you start at level 1 again.

I'm about to tear down my level 3 stables. Which is sad because it looks so nice. I have all 8 mounts. I'm not sure 20% riding speed and clicking while mounted is worth the large spot.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm going to guess you start at level 1 again.

I'm about to tear down my level 3 stables. Which is sad because it looks so nice. I have all 8 mounts. I'm not sure 20% riding speed and clicking while mounted is worth the large spot.

Is level 3 Stables necessary to get all the mounts? Or is level 1 enough?

iirate

Shamans aren't that bad. Huge exaggeration by a lot of people.

As someone who has mained shaman since vanilla and is currently maining priest(but still playing my shaman), I agree completely. I do feel like enhancement is a mess, and the talent trees are among the worst in the game, but ele and resto are a ton of fun. I keep hearing cries for discipline nerfs(the spec I currently play), but I'd be playing my resto shaman in a heartbeat if my new guild didn't need me as another spec(they only have 2 other healers, and one is another shaman).

Jag

Is level 3 Stables necessary to get all the mounts? Or is level 1 enough?

I'm not sure since I waited until level 3 to get around to doing the extra kills. I read that if you visit a different level 3 stables you can pick up the items you need for the 2 mount achievements. So it may be possible.

I know you need to have trained all the pets in order to get the whistles from the trainers. Once you have all 6 whistles, you can do all 6 kills carrying the 2 items. BTW, the summoned mounts are considered pets so locks and hunters can heal them, but the fights are really easy. Worst part is waiting for 6 respawns each.

The armored pig is kind of funny. The armored wolf is small.

Amneisac

So, I'm on a terrible server (Scilla) and I'm looking for a guild to join. Where's the best place to go for guild recruitment? I'm in a guild now that's for me and some friends, but none of them are playing anymore. I don't really want to leave the guild and give up the perks I have until I'm ready to join another one. What would you guys suggest?

mclem

Dude straight up wasn't using Savage Defense, 4 uses in a 6 minute fight? 6% uptime

Ask him about that. Maybe he has a good reason, but I doubt it. To be clear the only times you'd be justified in just not using Savage Defense as a Bear would be a Lei Shi fight while tanking Lei Shi. If things are dodgeable it's going to be the best use of Rage for the most part. Imagine if you only used SotR 4 times in that fight.

I spoke to him, sounds like he was valuing a self-healing ability more. Given he's *being* healed, he shouldn't need that as much. I think that explains a lot.

For funtimes: Today, on our server - and only on our server, it appears - we can't enter highmaul. Try to do so and it says "You must be L100 and in a raid group to enter". Other servers are, apparently, a-ok. Just us.

Hurrah.

Trickster

Has anyone had issues with skada and recount showing different numbers?

I've been using recount since forever and it's always reflected my dmg accurately, but in the highmaul raids, people with skada have been posting dmg meters from fights, and there's hardly any difference between what my recount and their skada show for the different people, with the exception of me. Skada seems to always say I do several thousand dps less than my own recount shows.

And this isn't really an issue of "dps" against "edps". The total dmg done and individual dmg done by abilities are just straight up lower on skada meters than on my recount meter.

Honestly I'd be pretty depressed if the skada numbers are right, and my recount has just been feeding me false numbers.

250 mounts and you use 1 or 2 so...yeah

I regularly use four of my 224, heh. I have a macro that selects at random one of the four jeweled panthers. If I win the bid on the black one I have in right now I'll add it to the macro.

I do occasionally hop on others and have around ten at a time on my side action bar that I change around with new mounts often enough.

But yeah, the vast majority I never really hop on.

Jag

I regularly use four of my 224, heh. I have a macro that selects at random one of the four jeweled panthers. If I win the bid on the black one I have in right now I'll add it to the macro.

I do occasionally hop on others and have around ten at a time on my side action bar that I change around with new mounts often enough.

But yeah, the vast majority I never really hop on.

That was a nice little benefit of the stable. Being able to see all my mounts. Oh well. RIP Stables.

Wunder

Has anyone had issues with skada and recount showing different numbers?

I've been using recount since forever and it's always reflected my dmg accurately, but in the highmaul raids, people with skada have been posting dmg meters from fights, and there's hardly any difference between what my recount and their skada show for the different people, with the exception of me. Skada seems to always say I do several thousand dps less than my own recount shows.

And this isn't really an issue of "dps" against "edps". The total dmg done and individual dmg done by abilities are just straight up lower on skada meters than on my recount meter.

Honestly I'd be pretty depressed if the skada numbers are right, and my recount has just been feeding me false numbers.

The only things I can think of are you not resetting your data before the raid - you should be using "Current Fight" for accurate data anyway, but would skew things if you're on Overall Data. The other thing is, and I'm not 100% on it is that because Skada is less resource intensive, I believe it only starts tracking when that player starts their rotation and I've had issues where it just wont track people's damage if they're far away or something. I think Recount tracks everything. But, since you said only your damage is significantly different and everyone elses is the same, I'm left a bit stumped if it isn't the first reason.

Bisnic

What's the point of upgrading a follower item lvl? Especially if he doesn't have a Bodyguard trait? It's not like it's affecting the mission success rate from what I see.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's the point of upgrading a follower item lvl? Especially if he doesn't have a Bodyguard trait? It's not like it's affecting the mission success rate from what I see.

ilvl 615 gives you a chance for ilvl 615 missions which rewards 630 loot.
ilvl 630 gives you a chance for ilvl 630 missions which rewards 645 loot.

Etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

HD6LXwx.jpg

See that number in the upper left?

Bisnic

I see now. And why is there no follower with me after I assigned them to a lvl 2 Barrack?

I checked the Barrack in case I needed to talk to him first, but nope.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I see now. And why is there no follower with me after I assigned them to a lvl 2 Barrack?

They stand outside the building.

antonz

Yep the follower game is an important one. Was nice getting a 655 Ring before raids even opened o go with my 680 ring

mileS

Just got Barn lvl 3. Did the quest for the mighty beast. Whats the deal? is this a once a day thing? or can I put nothing but those work orders in if I want? I assume it doesn't give 100gr everytime. Does it matter what work order I do for the chance at a savage blood?

Apt101

Man hunters do some serious DPS. Dude did more than 3 million more damage than me, and I was doing a lot - 1 million more than the other DPS. I think it's time to level my hunter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

You do need to talk to them. Should be outside the building.

I can't decide what to level still. I'm mostly just going to do 2v2 skirms at 100, lol. I hate pve except for some solo farming and love skirms from back in the day. Im kinda stuck between rogue, mage, hunter and warlock =\ So much time wasted not being able to pick.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
barely got any time in today, did manage to do the mines in heroic and got croman, was a nice group :)

I liked it more in heroic than normal, still not the best dungeon :/

I also went and wasted 8 epic enchanting mats on rings because im an idiot. one on a blue ring that I got from the heroic (granted, thats about the best im gonna get until LFR) and another enchant on the legendary quest ring which is still 640 and im pretty sure the enchant doesnt carry over when you upgrade

I just didnt realise those enchants were the top enchants, because you get them from the start and they only cost 1 garrison thingie to buy like the green ones. Im used to rep grinds and shit to get the top enchants.

oh well not like those epic crystals are hard to get with work orders anyway, but remind me to do just normal green enchants on most stuff from now on :p

Jag

Man hunters do some serious DPS. Dude did more than 3 million more damage than me, and I was doing a lot - 1 million more than the other DPS. I think it's time to level my hunter.

I've played every class to Garrison level and 2 to 100 and my Hunter main is by far the best DPS and BM is best soloer. We are going to get slapped by the nerf stick, but I'm enjoying it while I can.

Top Bottom