• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just got the same exact 645 mission. I failed it at 70% :(

I was so pissed.

It would be so much more on the nose if the success chance was way lower if Tectus was the boss.

We wiped like 5 times on Tectus and it was sort of uncomfortable because nobody seemed able to agree on a specific strategy where to tank the shards. Also, I Killing Spree'd myself to death twice in a row because for whatever reason we had those red clouds right on the boss's ass.

I dunno why I keep playing melee, seems like there's little reason to actually play melee dps over ranged, especially when people only recruit ranged dps for challenge mode.

Heroic Raiders:

What was the average item level of your group when you went into Highmaul?

I'm sitting at 632(634 if I equip stuff I don't want) because heroics have been really shitty about giving me trinkets.

We're going on Saturday night, which only gives me two days to get trinkets, and I'm thinking it's probably not going to happen.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It would be so much more on the nose if the success chance was way lower if Tectus was the boss.

We wiped like 5 times on Tectus and it was sort of uncomfortable because nobody seemed able to agree on a specific strategy where to tank the shards. Also, I Killing Spree'd myself to death twice in a row because for whatever reason we had those red clouds right on the boss's ass.
The red clouds are going to be there a lot, melee needs to stay on the sides. Sucks for killing spree :/

I could never get a good defile down. The tanks had to constantly move the shards around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man hunters do some serious DPS. Dude did more than 3 million more damage than me, and I was doing a lot - 1 million more than the other DPS. I think it's time to level my hunter.

You do realize that Hunter's current DPS state probably isn't going to last, right?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Given Blizzard's Balance Cycles™, it'll be changed in time for the next expac.
For all of the stuff they got right this expansion the class/spec balance is just completely baffling to me. Maybe I've also just gotten too used to Moba patches where the developers seem way more attentive.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For all of the stuff they got right this expansion the class/spec balance is just completely baffling to me. Maybe I've also just gotten too used to Moba patches where the developers seem way more attentive.
I think the fact that 10 years of WoW development still haven't "taught" them how to balance is evidence of one thing: They don't think it's important

And in a way, it isn't. Poorly tuned classes pisses off maybe, what, 20% of the playerbase at any given time? In a MOBA, almost everyone suffers from glaring imbalances, and in a much more personal, vitriolic way. What really bleeds their numbers will always be content, and keeping the treadmill rolling. Balance is minor part of that.

mileS

Hunters aren't even that extreme right now in terms of dps. Only viable option is MM and most fights with decent amounts of movement they are perfectly in line with a bunch of other classes. *shrug* not sure why there's always more attention at hunters when they happen to be near the top.

Boogdud

Hunters aren't even that extreme right now in terms of dps. Only viable option is MM and most fights with decent amounts of movement they are perfectly in line with a bunch of other classes. *shrug* not sure why there's always more attention at hunters when they happen to be near the top.

Probably because you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a hunter...

Fjordson

Probably because you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a hunter...
Are they the most popular class? Wouldn't shock me if so.

Over the course of MoP I came to realize that we're everywhere. I would whisper people looking for more for something in trade sometimes and would get a response like "we already have three hunters, is that cool?". And this is for 10 man :lol

It's part of why I chose to focus on a new character for WoD (albeit a small part).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, its pretty shitty that rogue sucks right now, but they always come back to making it less shitty since nobody fucking plays rogue so it ends up not mattering what it looks like

ch0mp

Over the course of MoP I came to realize that we're everywhere. I would whisper people looking for more for something in trade sometimes and would get a response like "we already have three hunters, is that cool?". And this is for 10 man :lol

It's part of why I chose to focus on a new character for WoD (albeit a small part).

As of 6.0.2. Pretty clear leader there.

vocab

Damage on the go, high raid utility, can do movement heavy mechanics that other casters cant. Best raid class in the game. Only down side? All the specs play the same. MM is barely different. You stand still with a huge window of leniency. BIG DEAL

Probably not the best idea to focus on so many followers at once instead of just a few. Right now I have 7 followers at at least 630 ilvl and 11 at at least 615 ilvl. Finally got a 630 mission that rewards something other than exp or gear. Have I think a 70% chance (might be higher, can't remember for sure) to get a 645 trinket.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
granted, I barely had time to play today, but I get the feeling I got to the "log in, do your...stuff (used to be dailies, now its garrison pick ups) and log out" part of the expansion much faster this time around.

I still have plenty of heroics to do of course, but I dunno, just feels like im already there. off work for the next 2 days so ill have time again to put some actual time into the game, so ill see how I feel during that

granted, I barely had time to play today, but I get the feeling I got to the "log in, do your...stuff (used to be dailies, now its garrison pick ups) and log out" part of the expansion much faster this time around.

I still have plenty of heroics to do of course, but I dunno, just feels like im already there. off work for the next 2 days so ill have time again to put some actual time into the game, so ill see how I feel during that
On my end, I have so much I still need to do. I need to do Spires and finish Nagrand. I haven't run a single dungeon. My guild wants me to help with raiding. I still have so much to make gear and otherwise. I want Nat Pagle. At some point I'll get back into pet battles...

... and speaking of pets. I finally did MC tonight. Three hour queue. Rough time with people listening on trash - took almost three hours to run it. BUT... Hatespark the Tiny dropped for me. So one six hour session to not run it again? I'm okay with that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
On my end, I have so much I still need to do. I need to do Spires and finish Nagrand. I haven't run a single dungeon. My guild wants me to help with raiding. I still have so much to make gear and otherwise. I want Nat Pagle. At some point I'll get back into pet battles...

... and speaking of pets. I finally did MC tonight. Three hour queue. Rough time with people listening on trash - took almost three hours to run it. BUT... Hatespark the Tiny dropped for me. So one six hour session to not run it again? I'm okay with that.

I did every quest. Which was fun as shit, especially withthe dwarven bunker upgrading the rewards, but I got no zones left :(

Also, I dont like those apexis crystals dailies at all btw. Doing those outposts takes so fucking long :(

Got Kargath Heroic down, mechanic wise is still easy, the same as normal, but you start feeling the need for good gear to manage the damage and get the boss down in time.

Rhaknar

Challenge Mode gear + Follower loot.

challenge mode drops gear now? I mena better gear. I thought it was just for the transmog

but still, thats stupid. normal is basically flex, you go in with heroic gear. you went in normal (now heroic) with heroic gear before for christ sake.

thats why I never bothered with pugs, they ask for better gear requirements than the raids drop! why would you even go then o_O

Haly

challenge mode drops gear now? I mena better gear. I thought it was just for the transmog
To be more specific, you there is a daily from the Challenger guy in Ashran and it's for a single CM completion. The reward from the daily is a random 640 item.

What item level are you guys for Highmaul? I'm seeing people asking for 640+ for Normal....

Par for the course, same assholes were demanding 550 for Reg Siege of Orgrimmar, which dropped 553 gear. People just want to get carried instead of learn/teach the encounter, or have to deviate one iota from a strategy they learned on youtube.

Mothman91

Got a 630 trinket from a follower mission:

106 spirit
1080 mastery for 15secs(1.5min CD).

Got a 600 trinket from a follower mission:

107 spirit
800 vers for 20 secs(2m CD)

wtf? Shouldn't the 630 trinket atleast have higher raw stats?? I have a 630 trinket from heroic dungeon that gives around 150 spirit/150 sec stat.

Rhaknar

I need to remember to do that quest in talador for the robot follower with the tailoring trait :(

Haly

Yeah this annoys me as well. I'm actually using a 615 DPS trinket from follower missions because the raw AGI is just too good.

Rhaknar

dwarven bunker or barracks to lvl 2 first?

Rhaknar

Bunker is the stuff with the salvage crates correct? If so, get that then.

I dont know im a noob :/

I know its the one that makes quest rewards higher chance to be upgraded, at lvl 1. I dont know what it does at lvl 2. I know barracks let me use bodyguards at lvl 2

C.Dark.DN

Banned
At lvl 2 it gives work orders for follower ilvl upgrades and a vendor for some transmog gear. The work orders cost garrison resources.

Rhaknar

At lvl 2 it gives work orders for follower ilvl upgrades and a vendor for some transmog gear. The work orders cost garrison resources.

so bunker > barracks? I only want the bodyguards for...looks really, its not like I need them

edit: also where do you get the items to trade for the lvl 2 upgrades for most buildings? The ones I have were all quest rewards, I have no quests anymore so...now what?

Mothman91

I dont know im a noob :/

I know its the one that makes quest rewards higher chance to be upgraded, at lvl 1. I dont know what it does at lvl 2. I know barracks let me use bodyguards at lvl 2

If you want to get a higher follower cap, then get barracks because it goes up to 25 at lvl 3.

If you want your followers to get higher ilvl gear, then get the bunker because lvl 2 you can put in resources into it to get (sometimes) follower gear. Lvl 3 gives you a free seal for extra roll on raid bosses.

Whatever you want. I say bunker though.

Rhaknar

If you want to get a higher follower cap, then get barracks because it goes up to 25 at lvl 3.

If you want your followers to get higher ilvl gear, then get the bunker because lvl 2 you can put in resources into it to get (sometimes) follower gear. Lvl 3 gives you a free seal for extra roll on raid bosses.

Whatever you want. I say bunker though.

better gear on followers -> better follower quests -> more chances to get gear for myself?

Also, I dont like those apexis crystals dailies at all btw. Doing those outposts takes so fucking long :(
Oof. Yeah, I haven't done a single one of those yet. I have too much on my log in plate.

wtf? Shouldn't the 630 trinket atleast have higher raw stats?? I have a 630 trinket from heroic dungeon that gives around 150 spirit/150 sec stat.
Ran into this yesterday myself. Had a 621 trinket with 115 agility with a chance to proc mastery. My followers returned with a 615 that had 136 agility and a chance to proc crit.

Top Bottom