• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oof. Yeah, I haven't done a single one of those yet. I have too much on my log in plate.

I did the first one because I was still doing the nagrand quests. it took so long that its not something I want to do again :/

maybe I should start getting that Pit one, I se people asking for groups for that all the time.

I need help. I am level 100 and I'm trying to get the last bit of gear for heroics, and I need auchidoun. The only problem is that its not listed on my normal lfg. It's there in heroic with everything else as too high to enter, but auchidoun is simply unlisted in the normal list.

Halp.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yup. Just got a quest for 645 weapon, 100% chance :D

Also upgrade your salvage yard, I get more stuff from there than the bunker.

I dont know how to get more of the thingies to trade at the ashram guy for garrison upgrades. the books, whatever they are called :/

fuzzyset

I need help. I am level 100 and I'm trying to get the last bit of gear for heroics, and I need auchidoun. The only problem is that its not listed on my normal lfg. It's there in heroic with everything else as too high to enter, but auchidoun is simply unlisted in the normal list.

Halp.

Normal Auch drops won't help you gearing for heroics. It drops gear for level 94 people. It's only for people level 92-97 (or something like that).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Also, I dont like those apexis crystals dailies at all btw. Doing those outposts takes so fucking long :(

Just join a party/raid group for it then run around tagging things for other people to kill.

Takes like 10 minutes. My daily fishing is longer.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I dont know how to get more of the thingies to trade at the ashram guy for garrison upgrades. the books, whatever they are called :/

You only get 4. 2 large, 2 medium, and they're just "free". You can buy the blueprints next to the draftboard.

Halp.

I don't know what you're trying to do but that's not how you get gear for heroics. Just spam the random warlord normal dungeon queue until you get enough gear, and/or do BGs and get the honor gear.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Blizzard on Patch 6.1: "bahahahaha deal with your Stockholm Syndrome isn't it awesome to artificially take more time to go from Point A to Point B to just reinforce our awesome method of making everything take longer?!"

Rhaknar

Blizzard on Patch 6.1: "bahahahaha deal with your Stockholm Syndrome isn't it awesome to artificially take more time to go from Point A to Point B to just reinforce our awesome method of making everything take longer?!"

not a fan of no-flying I take it :)

Haly

I thought I'd get tired of running around after the initial novelty wore off but nope.

I like seeing things happen around me instead of treating the world like a giant aquarium. Wouldn't mind if ground speed mounts were faster though. Or flight masters a bit quicker and more direct.

So is it just me or does earning Conquest suck now? Either arenas or RBG, or do the horror that is Ashran....bummer. Gonna be a looong journey to conquest gear .-.

DarkJC

I thought I'd get tired of running around after the initial novelty wore off but nope.

I like seeing things happen around me instead of treating the world like a giant aquarium. Wouldn't mind if ground speed mounts were faster though. Or flight masters a bit quicker and more direct.

Ditto, I think ultimately they made the right decision. Stables do speed up ground mounts, but you sacrifice one of your large garrison buildings for it.

oh ffs you just buy them with gold? I did not know that!
If having enough resources for upgrades is a problem then definitely upgrade Barracks first. The resource for the work orders for a chance of follower upgrades is the garrison resources so you don't want to be spending them if you're still working on upgrading everything.

Besides, you may not need the barracks bodyguard but mine definitely helps dps and makes fights go quicker having him around. Also, they gain two abilities as you use them and build up rep. The first ability varies but I believe is typically some sort of damage and/or buff but the second time you build up their rep and max that they get a helpful ability like portable mailbox access or a portable follower mission table thinger so you don't have to return to your garrison. Each bodyguard has different perks. I really wish I had started this earlier while leveling as I'm not out killing things nearly as often around Draenor since I've completed most the quests doing all the story quests and bonus objectives prior.

I think my favorite part about not flying is that everything actually looks larger. The scope simply seems bigger since I'm not freely just flying over everything. Makes me also appreciate the actual world design as there's plenty of shortcuts and things hidden about with the treasures. Flying would certainly make some things simpler but I'm honestly fine with how it is for now. I think the best way to do it would be to only add flying with the release of the next expansion and do that in the future as well.

Haly

That was my problem with FFXIV as well.

At one point, the game became a series of nodes I'd hope between, making the world, already much smaller than Warcraft, even more cramped.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Glad to see you've been brainwashed into enjoying grinds take an artificially longer period of time.

TheYanger

Glad to see you've been brainwashed into enjoying grinds take an artificially longer period of time.

But they don't, flying around isn't usually faster than taking a flight path and riding, and the times where it is meaningful (IE when something IS intentionally vertical, or harder to get to on foot) are exactly the moments that it was undermining. Flying doesn't add anything.

Haly

Every grind takes an arbitrarily decided and artificially designed amount of time. That's what a grind is. I wouldn't mind getting my 800-1000 Apexis Crystals instantly, but I have to go out and kill stuff for it. No big deal.

There's no really such thing as a "longer grind" or a "shorter grind". The important thing is that the components of the grind are at least somewhat enjoyable, and I frankly enjoy riding into Siegeworks/gliding into Shattrath more than I would divebombing into them. Now, here is where most people would say "what's to stop you from getting to these places slowly while I get to fly in?" And that's a reasonable argument. Except that MMO gameplay is always about maximizing efficiency, whether it's questing, farming, market pvp, actual pvp, making dps meters go up, whatever. If an efficient path exists, people will gravitate towards it. Which is why MMO design is mostly concerned with making that "most efficient path" enjoyable, or making multiple "similarly efficient paths".

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Frost DK + Combat rogue = hilarity in skirmishes. The burst is out of this world and we are both sturdy as hell.

Man Ashran kinda sucks =[ just realized how many portals it's missing. Would at least like a Dalaran one.

I still keep my hearth in the vale, since you have a garrison hearth and the level 3 garrison has a portal to Ashran it isn't exactly much of an issue.

Fjordson

Realistically, why does anyone need easy access to Dalaran?
Mount and transmog stuff. On multiple characters
mjcry1.png

I still keep my hearth in the vale, since you have a garrison hearth and the level 3 garrison has a portal to Ashran it isn't exactly much of an issue.
Wait forreal? I didn't even know this.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Went and got gold damage in the proving grounds. Hopefully that will help in group finder. Fixing to look for another Twins group.
Mount and transmog stuff. On multiple characters
mjcry1.png

Wait forreal? I didn't even know this.
Yeah, it's to the left of the mines up the tower. lol.

ZenaxPure

Yeah me too, no real reason to change it and vale has portals to every other major city. I've actually found it to be the weirdest part of this expansion to be honest, not changing my hearthstone.

Mount and transmog stuff.

Yep, I am still doing ICC/Ulduar weekly for mounts so the portal is nice (but I have a dalaran ring anyway so I typically use it). Also gives a portal directly to the caverns of time which means a fast way to dragon soul for even more weekly disappointment when mounts don't drop. Also as alliance the only other teleport down to that part of the world is Uldum, caverns of time saves you a little bit of time if you want to go to mid-kalimdor faster.

Tacitus_

We were hoping not to have a bunch of irrelevant missions spamming up your mission list. We didn't plan well enough for the fact that those missions aren't really irrelevant when the salvage yard is OP. It's definitely an issue we talk about here, but solutions are complex and can have a lot of ripple-effect consequences on the rest of the system/game.

---

Originally missions all pulled from a single pool; players found that as they got their first level 100 followers they got fewer low-level missions and had a harder time leveling their weaker followers, so we made a change to ensure that some low-level missions would always pop if you had a follower in that range who needed them. We recognize this causes some odd incentives (you're encouraged to NOT max all your followers) and are discussing good solutions to that problem.

Good job Blizz...

Robin64

Found it odd that Ashran only had portals to the three vanilla cities, then I thought about it and thought it would be even more odd if it had a portal to Outland's Shattrath. But yeah, I keep my HS in the Vale for that reason.

CassSept

But they don't, flying around isn't usually faster than taking a flight path and riding, and the times where it is meaningful (IE when something IS intentionally vertical, or harder to get to on foot) are exactly the moments that it was undermining. Flying doesn't add anything.

I'm taking this expansion slowly but I wanted to wait with archeo until flying is enabled, no flying will make this even worse than MoP with the endless pristine grind.

Robin64

I am so torn on flying.

Without it, the world is so much more meaningful and Blizzard can craft these awesome locations we have to fight into and out of. Quests should never be about flying in the air over your target, landing, killing it and then taking off again. It also allows us to have excellent treasure hunts and hidden locations. Flying in an MMO is just "god mode" with a different name.

On the other hand, Archaeology sucks without it.

Brilliantly, in the reddit ama, they said flight paths will be direct soon.

How often can you get garrison invasions to pop? I want a epic weapon from it.
Someone can correct me but someone here or maybe in my guild mentioned that each of the six type of invasions have a behind-the-scenes counter that goes up based off of kills or whatever that determines when you get an invasion. I didn't have any for awhile and then got two within three days. I'm not sure if you can have more than one lined up or how that part of it works. I think I did the Socrethar place three times and that one popped. I honestly have no idea how the Dark Iron one triggered as that was after having done the Mok'gor Outpost or whatever that area is called out in Nagrand. Are those considered Dark Iron Horde or something? I don't keep up with most lore stuff. Anyhow, I did the quest out there maybe four times before that one popped up.

Anyhow, that should give you a rough idea what's needed.
I'm taking this expansion slowly but I wanted to wait with archeo until flying is enabled, no flying will make this even worse than MoP with the endless pristine grind.
Maybe it was fixed or perhaps it's intentional but I did my archeology at level 90-91 while questing in Shadowmoon and all the digsites stayed in the zone and made it fairly quick to just run from one to the next. Of course you won't get sites for all three groups but if you're wanting to level it quickly that's what I'd suggest doing if you have any alts or something.

Belfast

Not sure why people are so averse to the Apexis dailies. They take maybe 15-20 minutes and there are a variety of ways to increase your counter besides just "killing" things. It's kind of like questing in GW2 where you just do things in an area until the bar fills. Plus, I've been chasing the achievements in those areas while doing them.

I'll take one big daily with a variety of things to do over a bunch of small ones in various parts of the world any day. It takes far less time and allows me to move on and do other things.

Not sure why people are so averse to the Apexis dailies. They take maybe 15-20 minutes and there are a variety of ways to increase your counter besides just "killing" things. It's kind of like questing in GW2 where you just do things in an area until the bar fills. Plus, I've been chasing the achievements in those areas while doing them.

I'll take one big daily with a variety of things to do over a bunch of small ones in various parts of the world any day. It takes far less time and allows me to move on and do other things.

I miss the dailies. I think I'm the only person that really can say that.

That said I do enjoy coming across the different things possible in the daily zones and still trying to uncover everything without looking stuff up. I've done the little base in Nagrand more than any other and I still can't figure out how to get the other two elites needed for the achievement, the dirt mounts do absolutely nothing, I've been curious if the stone block with symbols does anything (I've thrown a number of torches at it with no reaction), and I've still only found two of the six items in the area for the achievement (some shackles and something else I can't recall).

And when I do one I don't enjoy as much or I generally find tougher I'll just say something about forming a party or do a search in LFG and generally can get into a group with at least a few people and that speeds it up considerably. You can stick together to blaze through things or someone can wander off a bit and the group still generally benefits if they don't get too far away.

I do wish there were more daily stuff. The rep being based entirely off of grinding kills is a bit silly. They really should have at least made that a part of the Apexis daily or something just for a boost. Even like 1000 rep each day would have helped a bit and still required a lot of time and effort.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
On the other hand, Archaeology sucks without it.
In many ways I found the collection process to be even more frustrating in MoP. You really would just mount up and steer yourself in the general direction of your next spot. I think Archaeology sucks this expansion because Blizzard is just increasingly done with the profession, and they aren't interesting in putting many resources towards it. Arch is just really lost from whatever it initially was. Instead of doing fun toy box things, which would have fit better than ever, Arch followed the route of building up objects nobody cares about in a room that nobody will ever see. MoP's finds were a little more interesting, but when Orcs and Ogres have trouble tying two sticks together what can they really build that's flashy to put on display?

Robin64

There should be a reputation version of the "Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning" that we can buy with resources and pop before doing the Apexis dailies.

Is there an add-on to that tells what upgrades I can get on my current gear and where from? I'm trying to get my ilv past 605 so I can heal heroics

vocab

Is there an add-on to that tells what upgrades I can get on my current gear and where from? I'm trying to get my ilv past 605 so I can heal heroics
Work on the legendary ring and kill the rares in nagrand with handynotes telling you which item it drops. You can also buy off spec 640 ring from the vendor.

daedalius

Flying mounts just make the world seem so small. Trying to figure out how to get a treasure on top of a giant mushroom would be a lot less engaging if I could just fly over to it and pick it up.

Just do the Level 100 dungeons for items (and learning the encounters) and do the legendary quest, you get the 640 ring without much efford

Arcayne

selfishly wished druids exclusively had 'tri/triple specialization' 'cuz u know, we have four specs instead of three to play with.

i just want to heal. and play feral. and be a guardian tank. alllllll of ittttt

Top Bottom