• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Anyone here remember how long it took them to get exaulted with Kirin Tor (Wrath version)?

Looking in to getting the vendor mount and saving that bit extra would be nice!

Grab a tabard and solo level 70 heroics, should be pretty quick.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
didn't they say it was coming in 6.1? I haven't been following the expansion at all, got it on a whim last week.

I think they said 6.1 was their like marker for whether to add flying or not, they just wanted to see how things were going by 6.1

But once you see the map and you realize that Tanan Jungle is closed off for this current tier it becomes slightly apparent the only reason we can't fly is because they don't want us flying over that zone and seeing stuff they don't wanna show yet.

So 6.1 is probably the patch flying comes at, which is a real shame.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
But once you see the map and you realize that Tanan Jungle is closed off for this current tier it becomes slightly apparent the only reason we can't fly is because they don't want us flying over that zone and seeing stuff they don't wanna show yet.

That really is a huge stretch. Even when it looked like Tanaan would be in at launch, we were still well into the whole "no flying at launch" realm for the myriad of reasons that have been discussed for the past year+.

mileS

I think they said 6.1 was their like marker for whether to add flying or not, they just wanted to see how things were going by 6.1

So 6.1 is probably the patch flying comes at, which is a real shame.

They just confirmed no flying for 6.1 and hinted at not even adding it until another expansion comes along. Also like Anoregon just said, that is a huge stretch and totally not the reason at all. There's a million ways you can gate people from flying into a locked off zone, pretty sure not letting anyone fly in the entire set of zones isn't the reason.

The way the world is designed, the way treasures and everything else work, it was clear from the early stages of planning this expansion that they wanted to go without flying. They won't plan on changing that unless a large majority of the community complains forever about it, and right now more people are happy with the design decision (for good reason)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm more excited about the heirloom tab in 6.1 than anything else. If it makes it. I'm annoyed that they were trying to push off class accessories as 'next expansion' content. Mother fucker, why would you show it off in MoP then?

Right now the things I want most from WoW are new race skins and new races(for the next expansion). Other than that? I'm very happy with where the game is. Except garrisons. Fuck em.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I healed for the first time in years and what a nightmare it was. I had literally the worst group in my decade plus of playing WoW. You had the tank doing 52% of the group dmg, a rogue killing it at 6k dps, and the entire group sans the tank (who was fantastic) just took the most insane amount of dmg that I swear to fucking god they had to have been trolling me. Tank said it was the worst dps group he has ever seen in his entire time playing WoW too so I know I'm not crazy.

Ugh, I kinda wanted to be eased back into healing but I guess you don't get better and raid-ready by healing the easy groups.

exact same experience as me. I myself am rusty as shit and did lots of things wrong, but hte groups werent helping. one tank was just chain pulling clearly more thn what he could handle, let alone a rusty me

I dont know if its the fights or the groups, but EVERYONE seems to be taking so much damage

ampere

I'm more excited about the heirloom tab in 6.1 than anything else. If it makes it. I'm annoyed that they were trying to push off class accessories as 'next expansion' content. Mother fucker, why would you show it off in MoP then?

Right now the things I want most from WoW are new race skins and new races(for the next expansion). Other than that? I'm very happy with where the game is. Except garrisons. Fuck em.

Heirloom tab will be a very welcome thing. I enjoy leveling a random alt on some random server and this will simplify the gear distributing. Wonder how enchants will work with it.

I like Garrisons, but I hope they don't persist past WoD. That'd be too much. Like how I wish Archaeology remained with Cata and didn't keep sticking around.

Q: Can you guys explain the logic behind versatility, given this? It seems to be simple a +betterer stat, and feels neither interesting or fun.

A:Yeah I'm not sure that we actually accomplished that goal TBH. We're trying to strike a balance between the goal above and also the goal that we have enough variety in items, but I think we wound up with more secondary stats than we really need. This will be something we continue to refine in the future.

Yeah no shit. I thought we had it pretty good in Mists with the secondary stats and then they go and add some bloat.

Iron Horde Invasion: Made a number of adjustments to make Gold Victory more obtainable.

I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. I was out of combat for maybe a total of 30 seconds on my last invasion and didn't even get Silver.

ZenaxPure

I think my biggest problem with the lack of flying is that as nice as it is for treasure hunting at first I find it actually has a negative impact on my sense of exploration in the long run. I've been done with all the quests in WoD and most of the treasures for a while now which is kind of the only major reason to go out into the world this expansion besides the daily apexis crystal mission. One of the things I liked in MoP was that when flying to a location I would alter my own flight path to be on the look out for rare spawns who on the whole were far more interesting and a lot of them had valuable items (elixir of ancient knowledge, pets, bags of goodies, the 5.1 ones gave more of the 5.1 currency along with dropping pvp items, and eventually the zandalari had mounts/rep tokens/more bags of stuff).

Now to be entirely fair not all of that is strictly the fault of no flying. I've been complaining about the lack of max level content for a while now, but it's only gotten worse as the days continue on, especially in regards to stuff that gets you out in the world. The removal of daily quests is one of those baffling swings in the complete opposite direction, all they needed to do was remove epics from the reps and put a little hub in every single zone, not many people were really complaining about reps like the Anglers/Cloud Serpent/Tillers, it was more of Golden Lotus and Shado-pan. That aside though, even if there was stuff to actually do out in the world I think the flight paths are too good now. There is a FP right beside almost every major point in the world now so I find myself barely mounting just in general.

Anoregon

What is Heirloom's and also whatis UBER's?

Still a bit of a noob here

Heirlooms are the bind-to-account gear that levels with you. Each piece of heirloom armor has 5-10% boost to xp gained. They are generally used by players with max level characters to level up low level characters.

"UBERS" is actually "UBRS", short for Upper Blackrock Spire. It's a vanilla dungeon that was revamped to be a level 100 heroic dungeon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I continue to hold that Talador goes on for WAY too long compared to every other zone, and it feels disjointed because of all the directions it goes in

• The Vol'jin's pride quests which lead to
• The Morketh/Magister quests which are based on the ogres
• The Durotar quests with Ogrim which leads to the Shattrath stuff
• The outskirts of Shattrath stuff
• The Arrakoa outcasts stuff
• The auchindoun stuff
• The Kargath stuff

It's just all over the place and constantly breaks up the flow.

mclem

What is Heirloom's and also whatis UBER's?

Heirlooms: Items that are Bind-on-Account so you can pass them on to alts. They scale with level, so you can use a weak version with a low-level character and it will improve as you do. Many also have a +XP bonus on them. However, they only level across a given range, so at max level you'll be wanting 'real gear' as you leave the heirloom behind. There's a specific colour signifying that, a sort of off-brown.

I'm *assuming* UBER'S is UBRS, Upper Blackrock Spire. A vanilla dungeon that was unusual in that it was intended to be handled by a small raid, without formally being a raid - while Lower Blackrock Spire was a conventional five-man but both shared the same actual locale; at the start you'd go right for LBRS, left for UBRS. Anyhow, UBRS has now been updated for 100 as a 5-man with all-new bosses.

Godan

Heirlooms: Items that are Bind-on-Account so you can pass them on to alts. They scale with level, so you can use a weak version with a low-level character and it will improve as you do. Many also have a +XP bonus on them. However, they only level across a given range, so at max level you'll be wanting 'real gear' as you leave the heirloom behind. There's a specific colour signifying that, a sort of off-brown.

I'm *assuming* UBER'S is UBRS, Upper Blackrock Spire. A vanilla dungeon that was unusual in that it was intended to be handled by a small raid, without formally being a raid - while Lower Blackrock Spire was a conventional five-man but both shared the same actual locale; at the start you'd go right for LBRS, left for UBRS. Anyhow, UBRS has now been updated for 100 as a 5-man with all-new bosses.

Heirlooms are the bind-to-account gear that levels with you. Each piece of heirloom armor has 5-10% boost to xp gained. They are generally used by players with max level characters to level up low level characters.

"UBERS" is actually "UBRS", short for Upper Blackrock Spire. It's a vanilla dungeon that was revamped to be a level 100 heroic dungeon.

Ah so its a dungeon. Thanks.

So how is it you get these Hairloom gear? Do you have to buy it or something?

Anoregon

Ah so its a dungeon. Thanks.

So how is it you get these Hairloom gear? Do you have to buy it or something?

You kind of can't buy the bulk of them, at the moment. The majority were sold for Justice Points, which no longer exist, so those vendors are defunct. They should be coming back in 6.1, though.

You can get heirloom legs and helms from the guild vendor for gold if your guild has the requisite achievements, though. And there are still weapons, chests, and shoulders available for honor from PvP.

mileS

Are flight paths really that bad right now? I don't want to argue they can't be better, but in terms of comparing this to every other expansion they are the best they have been by far. Everything is quick and straight forward for the most part, no strange wrapping around 3-4 extra flight points to hit the one you want, lots of nice quick straight lines. Only decently long path is straight to Ashran (complete other side of the map for horde) so that kind of makes sense.

Maybe that's just the case for Horde, and Alliance have it a bit worse having to come from Shadowmoon? Not sure my Ally alt is still only 92.

mclem

Maybe that's just the case for Horde, and Alliance have it a bit worse having to come from Shadowmoon? Not sure my Ally alt is still only 92.

As an Alliance, I've never really felt that the flight points are problematic. *Maybe* going to the top end of Gorgrond is a bit distant, but I'm not that bothered by it.

Godan

You kind of can't buy the bulk of them, at the moment. The majority were sold for Justice Points, which no longer exist, so those vendors are defunct. They should be coming back in 6.1, though.

You can get heirloom legs and helms from the guild vendor for gold if your guild has the requisite achievements, though. And there are still weapons, chests, and shoulders available for honor from PvP.

There's a few different methods. The last boss of the previous expansion would drop heirlooms specifically intended for the 90-100 levelling bracket, for example. The main way, though, is purchasing from a vendor.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1751/heirloom-list lists the heirlooms and how you acquire them.

Thanks again. Will check out the link when I get home from work.

Jag

Jesus I'm playing way too much.

Someone outside my office keeps making *that* whistle sound and I swore he was trying to summon his pet or spamming dire beast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just healed shadowmoon temple...why is there so much damage on everyone >_<

its like me and 4 tanks :/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I farmed primal spirits like a maniac, so I've had three already, and two queued on the NPC. Waiting until next week.
Let me know if you need help next week. :D i found a guy in group finder and got my treaure. No loot though.

I was dumb and did an invasion solo a few days ago. 800/1000 silver. What a waste. Could have had two other people getting treasure with me.

Rhaknar

Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and Grimrail Depot are the 2 hardest dungeons to heal IMO. Even moreso when ppl can't stay out of dmg.

some of the trash is ridiculous. doesnt help that everytime someone dies, I feel like shit. I need to care less

Rizzi

I feel sorry for healers.
Finally got my epic quest ring, and crafted another ring. So that's that taken care of.

hobart

Couldn't agree more about "No Flying." My buddy and I were having this conversation the other night. Traveling hasn't felt this good since Vanilla. The game is *bigger* traveling like this. Finding things, mobs and places feels meaningful.

I miss flying because it makes things easier. I appreciate that its gone right now.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
But I like my flying mounts. And I like flying. I think you should be able to fly at 100. Bums me out you won't be able to fly in 6.1 either.

I did just use Aviana's Feather to go from the northern end of Nagrand to the southern end in like 15 seconds of flight, it was glorious. That item is worth getting an inn for.

Still, I'd rather just be able to use my damn flying mounts.

ehhh I guess i'm done with missions.

iDKyjLk4g8gBi.jpg

Chris R

Was there a good guide/image to follow for fresh 100s in terms of gearing up for potential LFR? I'll tick over 100 this weekend (probably tonight) and just want to know if I should keep questing or just jump straight into something else.

ampere

Couldn't agree more about "No Flying." My buddy and I were having this conversation the other night. Traveling hasn't felt this good since Vanilla. The game is *bigger* traveling like this. Finding things, mobs and places feels meaningful.

I miss flying because it makes things easier. I appreciate that its gone right now.

Agree. Mountains, for example, are meaningless with flying. The world does feel a lot bigger.

Although I hate invisible walls :x. I was trying to get into Tanaan Jungle last week and there are invisible walls everywhere. Not to mention the boats that we sailed on to the starting zones are still there! Pretty sure the Dark Portal was still intact too. Breaking my RP, Blizz.

hobart

I'd be interested in seeing a poll of those who want flying in relation to when they started playing the game.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the big flying fans are those that started the game post-Vanilla.

I could be wrong tho. I mean I can't deny how convenient and easy flying makes traveling, leveling, etc.

Jesus I'm playing way too much.

Someone outside my office keeps making *that* whistle sound and I swore he was trying to summon his pet or spamming dire beast.
Not WoW related but one of the weirdest ticks I developed to doing something so much would be regarding my Wacom Intuos. Got used to drawing on my desk and having my keyboard drawer underneath for shortcuts. I eventually moved to one of those drawing monitors so I put the Intuos away. I still pull out a pencil and paper though and if I'm drawing and make a mistake, I occasionally counter it with ctrl-z.

Even though I'm drawing traditionally. >.>

Now WoW -related, I'm fine with no flying in Draenor. You'll kill most of the fun of getting those little items all over the place. I've been having fun figuring out how to get to them. That's the way it's meant to be enjoyed.

ZenaxPure

I could be wrong tho. I mean I can't deny how convenient and easy flying makes traveling, leveling, etc.

I'll just go ahead and ruin your dreams. I've been playing since April 2005 and I prefer flying.

I'm fine with ground mounts only while leveling since it makes you more familiar with the world, but, at max level it's just an annoyance.

Rhaknar

building to lvl 3 need achievements right? i need to investigate that

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't know if there's any enhance players here other than myself, but I've found EnhaPrio a decent replacement for ShockAndAwe if you're looking for something similar rather than using that or WAs.

StMeph

If your end-game is LFR, then you just have to shoot for ilevel 615 to be able to queue; doesn't matter how you get there. Normal level 100 dungeons drop i615. The first step of the legendary ring quest gives i640. Heroic dungeons drop i630. Crafted armor is i640, weapons i630. There are also BOE 655s (and up) from Highmaul, as well as the 665 world drops. Finally doing Apexis every day will net you at least a 645 for a phase 2 item.

Unless you're a tank, in which case you'll want more than the bare minimum.

Anoregon

If I buy a some Truesteel Boots from the AH (640 crafted ones) then upgrade them to 655 will the stats be re randomized?

I am not 100% positive, but I feel like the answer has to be no.

ampere

I'd be interested in seeing a poll of those who want flying in relation to when they started playing the game.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that the big flying fans are those that started the game post-Vanilla.

Not sure if there is a correlation or not. I played a tad on a friend's account in Vanilla, but didn't start until BC. I have lots of guildies who have been playing and raiding since Vanilla and they want flying back.

If I buy a some Truesteel Boots from the AH (640 crafted ones) then upgrade them to 655 will the stats be re randomized?

No, the stats will stay the same.

Top Bottom