• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

So I came back to WoW after being gone awhile. I'm playing a demo lock and I notice my damage isn't all that great. I'm only in normal 100 dungeons, but I'm usually being very outclassed although I'm not ever the very last in damage the gap is pretty large. I don't think I'm handling meta correctly. Like maybe not using it enough? Any minor tips or guides to recommend? Currently surfing Icyveins, but open to others.

ampere

So I came back to WoW after being gone awhile. I'm playing a demo lock and I notice my damage isn't all that great. I'm only in normal 100 dungeons, but I'm usually being very outclassed although I'm not ever the very last in damage the gap is pretty large. I don't think I'm handling meta correctly. Like maybe not using it enough? Any minor tips or guides to recommend? Currently surfing Icyveins, but open to others.

Check out mmochampion forums for your class and there should be a thread for demo (here is one). The OP might not be perfect but it should help you get started. You can always ask questions in there to people with more warlock expertise, I don't know anything about locks. It can also help to just read that whole thread or sub forum if you have time and gradually gain knowledge about the class and discussions about tiny details. Obviously there will be some wrong info scattered about, but over time you will be able to tell what's what I'm sure

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I rarely get jealous in WoW because I constantly change things so I know I wouldn't use something special for longer than a month anyways... But there's a warrior on my server with tier 3, and I just turn green every time I see it. And I know it's legit because he's got an ashbringer too.

I don't care that much about corrupted ashbringer, but god damn that tier 3 warrior set is still the best warrior set in the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Demo is all about generating enough demonic fury to poop out the 4 demon bolts. Its super boring.

Destro isn't much more interesting, but its a lot less effort for more of a reward.

JSoup

Banned
*gets invited to new world boss*
Oh, wait, I know this one. Nothing but gold, but a crapload of rolls later I'll get something that is only a slight upgrade.
*kills boss, gets upgrade, roll gives gold*
Oh.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wow, they made heroic leap way better in WoD. There's like no pathing issues, and I can just bypass entire parts of dungeons by leaping up a ledge.

Tarazet

I wouldn't get BS at this point because you wont have many True Iron Ingots. Alchemy, enchanting, and inscription are all good choices though. I have been really happy with enchanting, largely because I saved every unused quest item from 90-100. And with a bunker, ~10 rares got upgraded to epics while leveling. So I got a good 6-8 temporal crystals just from those 10 items. I don't have a lot of knowledge about the other two but I know they are fine choices as well.

Good for you. I blew a bunch of upgraded stuff up while it was still bugged and yielding Sha Crystals and didn't realize it.

Doing my first Highmaul run with my guild, but I'm the only tank, so we pug another tank. Loot is master loot. Butcher drops boots, after 20 attempts, I roll 16, pugged tank wins it, no biggie, slightly annoyed but I don't wanna be that guy who says "put it on personal loot pls". On the next pack of trash, Warforged BoE cape (661) drops, with tank stats. We roll for it(!) and pug tank wins. My guild leader is a fucking moron, right? I'm right that I don't wanna raid with puggers with Group/master loot again, right? FML.
I think the first piece rolled to the pug member is fair but the second piece should have gone to the guild to keep it even. As someone that has raided somewhat often as the spare non-guild member in the group I appreciate being able to get gear but I understand fairness in not taking or rolling for pieces to keep it spread out.

Not allowing the pug member to attempt for gear is a bit silly since your guild obviously needed them to even be able to run it and they should be understanding to spread gear around as they also needed your guild to bring them along.

But getting both pieces including the cape? That's pretty terrible for your guild leader.

Edit: Won my 80k bid for the jeweled panther. So glad to finally have my own and it's legitimate! Not one of the dupes I always report in trade chat for 35k!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I hope this 645 mission doesn't disappear. My dudes that are good for it are on a mission right now. My mission manager or whatever addon keeps switching between a 30sec - 6 min window. It's bracers again tho.

I hope this 645 mission doesn't disappear. My dudes that are good for it are on a mission right now. My mission manager or whatever addon keeps switching between a 30sec - 6 min window. It's bracers again tho.

They stick around for the week, I believe. I took my time and crafted a team to get over 90% success rate before I undertook mine.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Warlock PvP is suffering though. I did some RBGs tonight and I used fear like 3 times total. It's actually so bad now. Breaks on contact and sucks up the cyclone DR. Might as well remove it from my bar. Played two separate teams with 4 moonkins on them, never played a team with less than 1 moonkin.

Why is PvP even in the game?

Ashodin

I love Aeda Brightdawn as my follower. Super small so I don't accidentally click on her, and she's a tanky Warlock! Feels weird to work with her as a Paladin though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Blook is green and lvl 92 for me. lol.

My epic followers are: Ka'la, Millhouse, Abu'gar, Ahm, Leeroy, and Talonpriest. All but Ka'la are 630.

They have redundant abilities tho. :|

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do bodyguard followers gain xp when they are with you or just rep?

I see they scale but mine are all 98 and im fraid they arent actually getting xp when they are with me

Rizzi

Haha. Tank got pissy at the priest and pulled a whole bunch of mobs and left. The gladiator warrior took that as a challenge. I fucking love that prot dps is a thing now.

What's the state of pvp healers? I got my druid to 100 and the healing iis fun, but I miss the big phat heals of a holy pally.

Which is the most op pvp healer right now?

Peachpies

do bodyguard followers gain xp when they are with you or just rep?

I see they scale but mine are all 98 and im fraid they arent actually getting xp when they are with me
They just get rep, the follower will scale to your level when they are following you around but you still have to level them up normally for missions

Repo Man

Cool! Didn't know you can get the new S1 pvp gear ( the blue set ) from the reward lockboxes at the end of random BG's. This should make the grind for a half decent pvp set a bit easier as I only did a few bg's before work and already got the neck and chest. Looking forward to doing some more pvp on my days off.

Apt101

I need rep for PVP gear? Are you fucking kidding me? And for multiple toons? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

You mean for the individual factions? Yea, it has always been that way. I remember the long, hard march to my Warsong and Arathi gear on my troll shaman. The new level 100 stuff just requires honor, though, and the basic versions drop like rain in Ashran.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You mean for the individual factions? Yea, it has always been that way. I remember the long, hard march to my Warsong and Arathi gear on my troll shaman. The new level 100 stuff just requires honor, though, and the basic versions drop like rain in Ashran.
Some epic pieces require rep for some reason. in guessing it's a bug though so that one guy should chill out.

If is not then it's because they didn't want people equipping them super quick, but unless they change ashran it'll probably be removed.

Apt101

Some epic pieces require rep for some reason. in guessing it's a bug though so that one guy should chill out.

If is not then it's because they didn't want people equipping them super quick, but unless they change ashran it'll probably be removed.

Is this conquest gear or something? I have a full elite set and I don't recall needing any rep.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
went back and did all the bonus aras in gorgrond, super disapointed that none of them gave resources, just gold. at least some of the rares i found gave resources

I dont want to be "that" guy (oh here comes the casual shitting on wow) but I feel like I got to that point of logging in, checking your "stuff" (in this xpac its the garrison stuff) and logging out way quicker than usual. I got lucky with heroics and pretty much got all 630 really fast (I just need a cloak and a chest, and Im a tailor so im going to craft at least one of those in the next day or so), and doing heroics just to do them isnt particulary appealing. Im not into pvp, ive done every quest so...yeah

I love the garrison idea, but since you cant actively get resources as you want, you cant progress it so I dont really have a reason to be online, i just need to wait until my followers are back or my work orders are done.

I guess I could play an alt but...yeah :/

edit: oops this Shattrah area isnt soloable, good lord o_O

Rizzi

Ah.. heh. Fuck you RNG.
Finally replaced my gloves in heroic grimrail depot. The quest in there gave me a box with a pair of better gloves and a better cape. So I went like four days without any pair of gloves to getting an upgrade two minutes after finally getting a pair.

lazygecko

Cool! Didn't know you can get the new S1 pvp gear ( the blue set ) from the reward lockboxes at the end of random BG's. This should make the grind for a half decent pvp set a bit easier as I only did a few bg's before work and already got the neck and chest. Looking forward to doing some more pvp on my days off.

You can also get the epic 660 gear from winning rated PvP.

Rapstah

I lost gold healer Proving Grounds because the mage NPC stood in the fire and died. I thought they were supposed to move out of the fire. I guess she had a really long cast and wanted to get it off first? It's realistic, but fuck that.

epmode

So three days ago, my server hung for several minutes right as I pressed the Upgrade button to switch from a level 2 to 3 barracks. Thankfully, the server fixed itself a few minutes later and my transaction was refunded automatically.

I tested my spells out for a while and everything was fine so I resubmitted the barracks upgrade. Of course, that's when the server exploded. When it came back up several hours later, I didn't have the new barracks and I was out the 1200 resources.

I submitted a ticket, explaining about the automatic refund and the second upgrade request. GM finally gets back to me saying HAY I SEE THAT YOU WERE ALREADY REFUNDED, THERE'S NO PROBLEM HERE *ticket closed*

It took three days for that response.

Sigh.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I led a pug that fell apart during Ko'ragh's fight because one of the rogues keeps fucking up the ''soaking'' phase even when I already assigned a team of people to do it.

Sometimes I can't tell if some people in raiding are complete idiots or just take pleasure in wiping groups.

Same as the other night, me and 4 friends started a pug and got tectus down after 3 trys, pretty good, sadly after that the tank became an asshole and tried to guide all the raid by himself, trying to get everyone on vent and people started leaving.

Rhaknar

played a few more alts up to having a garrison. Whipped out the monk again, and after the overwhelming amount of buttons you have as windwalker (is that the name of the spec?), it felt better. that new spell where you make spirit clones for other mobs is awesome.

I take it the "rotation" is basically jab for energy, tiger palm for the armor debuff and then just rising kick on cd, or the spinning kick instead correct? with drinking he booze when you have 10 stacks, but most mobs wont last that long

one thing that is annoying me is that the glyph of serpent kick seems bugged, its supposed to stop you when you reach an enemy and I still go flying past them like an idiot. that skill could have been much cooler with proper colision detection

also got my unholy DK up to garrison, so much fun. right up there with ret pali, but DK is less surprising since i used to play it alot in my tanking days. Still, unholy is a ton of fun now with the pet / pet transformation, and I still love the rotation with the dots.

no idea what to level really, Monk would be for healing for sure, I dont think I want to ever tank again so the DK and Ret pali would just be for dps (well I guess the pali could heal)

still need to give my shammy a go aswell

Robin64

Trying to explain to a pug that my interrupt, Fist of Justice, is on a 30 second cooldown and if the boss is casting Revitalizing Water quicker than that, I can't always interrupt. Idiots.

Boogdud

Good grief warlock dps is garbage. I know my hunter is really strong right now, but my wife's damage is almost 7k less than mine at the same ilvl with destro. She's probably the best warlock I know (a class leader when we were in progression) and really knows what she's doing. I feel horrible for her, she's pretty frustrated at this point.

I know shaman have legit beefs with damage at the moment, but from what I've seen locks and rogues aren't too far behind and they're pure dps.

played a few more alts up to having a garrison. Whipped out the monk again, and after the overwhelming amount of buttons you have as windwalker (is that the name of the spec?), it felt better. that new spell where you make spirit clones for other mobs is awesome.

I take it the "rotation" is basically jab for energy, tiger palm for the armor debuff and then just rising kick on cd, or the spinning kick instead correct? with drinking he booze when you have 10 stacks, but most mobs wont last that long

one thing that is annoying me is that the glyph of serpent kick seems bugged, its supposed to stop you when you reach an enemy and I still go flying past them like an idiot. that skill could have been much cooler with proper colision detection

also got my unholy DK up to garrison, so much fun. right up there with ret pali, but DK is less surprising since i used to play it alot in my tanking days. Still, unholy is a ton of fun now with the pet / pet transformation, and I still love the rotation with the dots.

no idea what to level really, Monk would be for healing for sure, I dont think I want to ever tank again so the DK and Ret pali would just be for dps (well I guess the pali could heal)

still need to give my shammy a go aswell

Two notes on monk dps. First, you should be using the 3 chi channeled ability. It also stuns everything it hits so you can help your tank and healer get breathing time on big pulls. Second, take that glyph off, it is indeed garbage. If you hit the flying serpent kick ability again while flying, you will drop and do the AoE splash. It can be super precise with some practice.

Top Bottom