• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Once you get the achievement you still have to buy the blueprint too.

i must be an idiot, I cant find what the achievement for each building is in the wowhead garrison guide :/

i must be an idiot, I cant find what the achievement for each building is in the wowhead garrison guide :/

The blueprint vendor in your town hall will have all of the ones for sale. The ones in red will have tooltip information about the unlock requirements. For most buildings it's a set number of work orders + minimum character level + maybe quest completion. For others it depends on the function of the building. Level 3 barracks requires 50 patrol missions. War Mill/Bunker level 3 requires 20 level 100 followers. Level 3 trading post requires...oh god fuck you Blizzard.

Saucy_XL

Banned
By the way, you could gamble a bit and buy the lowest priced boots with stats you don't want and reroll them with Truesteel Reshaper. They cost 10 truesteel ignots compared to 100 it costs to make the base armor.

Oh true. The difference was only 2k for the ones I wanted but I may use that in the future.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so much of Draenor was purposely done for no flying. The Pit, the Arroka treasures, especially the eastern part of Nagrand. a bit of spires and shadow moon valley. Yeah they may have mandated no flying because of how relatively small Draenor is, but it's VERY clear that a good chunk of Draenor was in fact designed very explicitly with the lack of flying in mind.

My guess (and hope) is that flying won't be introduced to draenor until the content is trivial, and maybe not even then. Remember that the BC starting areas (draeni and belf) are still no flying to this day, not to mention Lost Isles and the Panda starting turtle, though obviously these are different situations.

edit - as far as game stuff for me.... I am less pissed at my Destro lock.. I was "meh" performance-wise in Highmaul normal on Tuesday.. bhut was not at the bottom (a few shaman, mages, etc below me). Sure it could be how they were geared or the quality of the player... but again I am not all about where I rank in Recount... I just don't want to be contributing virtually nothing to the raid... I also see many of the rotations and sims updated now to actually reflect what I'm seeing in-game... making me feel less incompetent.. Rain of Fire is basically gone in single target rotations.. and contributing minorly in <4 target rotations.. likewise, with rain of fire (and pre-nerf embers) gone, you're seeing incinerate now contributing to the majority of my non-pet time and damage. lastly, as my rotation is now finally setting in on this, a little more bit of a flow is setting in with regards to what gets used when.

Magnus

I felt pretty overwhelmed while helping a friend with an invasion. Barely kept my gate in check. We still managed gold though.

Is it earned as a group, or did we each earn gold based on our individual efforts?

RkOwnage

I accidentally clicked Alexi Barov and he is now following me and listed as my minion. How do I get him to go back to the Lumber Mill?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I felt pretty overwhelmed while helping a friend with an invasion. Barely kept my gate in check. We still managed gold though.

Is it earned as a group, or did we each earn gold based on our individual efforts?

It's group-wide.

Apt101

I was getting bored with my garrison, so I traded my stables for a bunker. Pretty cool, I have some other activities to do now. I'm filling my slots quickly with warforged gear, but that savage blood requirement to upgrade my helmet feels so excessive - 15. It doesn't help someone went and bought up all the savage blood on the AH at 2k and placed them back up at 4k. And only half as many. Fucker probably already has hundreds of thousands of gold, too.

I accidentally clicked Alexi Barov and he is now following me and listed as my minion. How do I get him to go back to the Lumber Mill?

He should still be working on it, but just zone out of Shadowmoon.

mileS

Some peoples luck in this game baffles me.

Combat Rogue with two warforged Highmaul weapons, and 9 warforged heroic dungeon pieces of gear. 9... Yea its only heroic dungeon loot besides the weapon, but coming from someone who has done a minimum 3 dungeons a day since WoD came out and has yet to see a single warforged piece... damn.

Some peoples luck in this game baffles me.

Combat Rogue with two warforged Highmaul weapons, and 9 warforged heroic dungeon pieces of gear. 9... Yea its only heroic dungeon loot besides the weapon, but coming from someone who has done a minimum 3 dungeons a day since WoD came out and has yet to see a single warforged piece... damn.

RNG isn't nice.

My example: I have three pieces of Heroic WF gear from heroics, at least two pieces of with gem slots and one with lifeleech, but I can't get either of the trinkets I want. :(

Saucy_XL

Banned
Not that I've had amazing luck, but I feel slightly guilty after seeing how badly RNG has screwed some people. Some dude in one of my CM's has gotten 9 neckpieces apparently.

Apt101

Not that I've had amazing luck, but I feel slightly guilty after seeing how badly RNG has screwed some people. Some dude in one of my CM's has gotten 9 neckpieces apparently.

Someone in my guild who plays as much as me, a tank no less, just now got his first warforged. I have three, maybe four. Ran easily half as many heroics as him. RNG is the devil.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any more easy garrison followers I can get? Got Leeroy and Croman just now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So... how would y'all rank lvl 1 enchanting, inscription, blacksmithing, and alchemy? My main has JC/Mining and my 92 has JC/Tailoring. I'm thinking about dropping mining and the second JC. My 85 alts have everything else at 600, but I don't really want to level them.

Belfast

Because it's boring as fuck.

I join a raid group, run around and try to tag everything for 15 mins.

How is that fun, it's fast, efficient, but boring as hell.

And the questing GW2 was fucking dogshit, I enjoyed a lot of things about that game, the questing wasn''t one of them.

*shrug* I don't see it as being any worse than any other content in the game aside from boss fights and raiding. I don't bother with a raid group, so it's a little more challening and the special mobs anyone can tag anyway. If you treat content with an attitude like "well, I'm just going to do this the easiest way possible" of course it isn't going to be fun.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Read this on another forum and its kind of sad but true:

"No flying sucks but it doesn't matter because there's no reason to be outside your garrison for more than 20 minutes a day, which is probably a larger issue."

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Doing my first Highmaul run with my guild, but I'm the only tank, so we pug another tank. Loot is master loot. Butcher drops boots, after 20 attempts, I roll 16, pugged tank wins it, no biggie, slightly annoyed but I don't wanna be that guy who says "put it on personal loot pls". On the next pack of trash, Warforged BoE cape (661) drops, with tank stats. We roll for it(!) and pug tank wins. My guild leader is a fucking moron, right? I'm right that I don't wanna raid with puggers with Group/master loot again, right? FML.

Ashodin

GRKGCqS.jpg

Barracks Level 3! Blood Knight guards :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why the shit did your guild leader hand it to the fucken pubbie?

So I feel like it's impossible to make any progress in this raid unless you are in a guild? Got through first 2 bosses day 1. Now I've been at tectus ever since. Anytime we wipe half the people leave. So annoying.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So I feel like it's impossible to make any progress in this raid unless you are in a guild? Got through first 2 bosses day 1. Now I've been at tectus ever since. Anytime we wipe half the people leave. So annoying.
I was able to do 4/7n, 1/7h. Most of the groups wiped for hours and finally progressed. I just got into a Twins group and 15 people left after a wipe though. Not sure how long they've been there. It also didn't have voice communication going on, so.

Shahadan

IT's still early. After lfr and a few loots here and there people will begin to actually grasp the mechanics and have enough heal/dps.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Holy shit, what is wrong with people. No one will listen that tanking the bosses behind a weapon in twins dodges that weapon's fire. After 10 people die to fire, they keep saying melee has it hard(they don't), watch out for whirlwind, we should interrupt enfeebling roar, all kinds of weird shit that's wrong/irrelevant. I saw 1 person die to a whirlwind.

Edit: They tanked it right in-front of the weapon this time humping it. I literally stood behind it, dodged fire a tiny bit from the other weapon, watched every single person die before charge/whirlwind.

And they still didn't listen.

Yoshichan

I have way too many followers with that danger zone trait. Gimme more with taunt pls

Deadly Minions x6

Danger Zones x5
Mortal Strike x5
Minion Swarm x4

Shadow Pain x3

Flamestrike x3
Timed Battle x3
Shadowbolt x3

Taunt x2

Yup. Fuck that shit.

TIL there's a port to Ashran in Grommash Hold in Org.

Deadly Minions x6

Danger Zones x5
Mortal Strike x5
Minion Swarm x4

Shadow Pain x3

Flamestrike x3
Timed Battle x3
Shadowbolt x3

Taunt x2

Yup. Fuck that shit.

Inn is your friend. Though it's kind of a choice between that or barn. Or dropping a garrison resource generating building (LM or TP). Kinda tough TBH.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
still no leeroy. Tank forgets the mobs in UBRS fear
I screwed up a groups Croman. :( I thought they were skipping, so I got it before clearing trash to Magmoaltus. Me and Croman didn't die until a very unlucky knockback into a small crack before Gug'rokk though. :(

Also...

MY HUNTER KARMA IS SHIT TODAY.

I am a failure to all hunter-kind.

Besides my King Krush being killed, I accidentally killed Karoma myself because I still had my pet active while taming it and it killed it -________________-

Saucy_XL

Banned
So... how would y'all rank lvl 1 enchanting, inscription, blacksmithing, and alchemy? My main has JC/Mining and my 92 has JC/Tailoring. I'm thinking about dropping mining and the second JC. My 85 alts have everything else at 600, but I don't really want to level them.

I wouldn't get BS at this point because you wont have many True Iron Ingots. Alchemy, enchanting, and inscription are all good choices though. I have been really happy with enchanting, largely because I saved every unused quest item from 90-100. And with a bunker, ~10 rares got upgraded to epics while leveling. So I got a good 6-8 temporal crystals just from those 10 items. I don't have a lot of knowledge about the other two but I know they are fine choices as well.

Top Bottom