• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I've never tanked before. :<

Yeah it's not fun being an inexperienced tank in this game. Few players have the patience even less than a month into the expansion for tanks to make a single mistake.

I got pulled into a heroic grimrail in progress last night and they were on the first boss after only one wipe. A DPS got that mad after one bad attempt. I took 15 seconds to explain the first fight and we one-shot it. Seriously, most tanks are willing to learn with some patient and clear instruction. The ones who aren't, well, that's another discussion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If I understand right, doing the Stables dailies that are outside of Nagrand(due to achievements) are a waste of time right? I mean, other than the little amount of resources they give.

Edit : Nvm , i think i just saw that fully training them make them actual mounts?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Two notes on monk dps. First, you should be using the 3 chi channeled ability. It also stuns everything it hits so you can help your tank and healer get breathing time on big pulls. Second, take that glyph off, it is indeed garbage. If you hit the flying serpent kick ability again while flying, you will drop and do the AoE splash. It can be super precise with some practice.

the dps is just to lvl really, maybe ill do a dungeon or 2. but with normal mobs, the channeled punchy spell doesnt seem very useful. maybe against elites or quest mobs with more health?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow!!! I just got Ziri'lak from the Spires of Arakk vendor (10 min cooldown) and he supposed to be a green follower but I got a double upgrade for him and he turned into an epic :D

And it's Shadowbolt + Taunt counter! Exactly what I needed! FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!

Wunder

Wow!!! I just got Ziri'lak from the Spires of Arakk vendor (10 min cooldown) and he supposed to be a green follower but I got a double upgrade for him and he turned into an epic :D

lucky :( My Ziri'ak is a useless motherfucker

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Nice. I too was blessed with an epic ziriak. He's one of my main mans.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I've never tanked before. :<

You never tanked before.. and chose to start with heroics..? Why not the regular dungeons? Learning to tank takes a bit. Especially keybind/macro and rotation priority.

If I understand right, doing the Stables dailies that are outside of Nagrand(due to achievements) are a waste of time right? I mean, other than the little amount of resources they give.

Edit : Nvm , i think i just saw that fully training them make them actual mounts?

The whole point of stables lol. Also the gold and resources are a lot, as well as xp if lvling. Also two more achieve mounts with stables. Stables is the best large building by far.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The whole point of stables lol. Also the gold and resources are a lot, as well as xp if lvling. Also two more achieve mounts with stables. Stables is the best large building by far.

Yeah, and once i got them all, i can change it to something else.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah, and once i got them all, i can change it to something else.

Eh.. maybe on a pve server.. on a pvp server the mount speed is huge and just in general with how rare spawns are.. ground mount speed is pretty important. Also no dazing. After 10 years, no dazing. Stables is a perm in my garrison. There's really nothing to replace it with.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to explain to a pug that my interrupt, Fist of Justice, is on a 30 second cooldown and if the boss is casting Revitalizing Water quicker than that, I can't always interrupt. Idiots.

All the irony in this post, I literally can't

edit: I really really hope you aren't also Protection spec because then this post is like, triple wrong

Magnus

Eh.. maybe on a pve server.. on a pvp server the mount speed is huge and just in general with how rare spawns are.. ground mount speed is pretty important. Also no dazing. After 10 years, no dazing. Stables is a perm in my garrison. There's really nothing to replace it with.

The barracks for five extra followers and the War Mill for extra bonus rolls and bonus upgrades! But yeah, other than that, unsure if anything's worth it. I may swap over soon too.

I'm an expert

The barracks for five extra followers and the War Mill for extra bonus rolls and bonus upgrades! But yeah, other than that, unsure if anything's worth it. I may swap over soon too.

barracks is trash.. followers suck. Mill+Stables are the only two large buildings. Medium is where the choices get hard.

Jag

barracks is trash.. followers suck.

I just got a warforged 651 neck from a mission without ever setting foot in Highmaul. I had a stables and trashed it after I got all 8 mounts. No other point other than 20% mount speed and staying mounted while interacting.

Magnus

barracks is trash.. followers suck. Mill+Stables are the only two large buildings. Medium is where the choices get hard.

Followers suck? What? :( they're so key to the garrison and getting a lot of things! I enjoy having a variety to tackle different things.

I may actually ditch the Mill since quest upgrades are useless to me now, I have no interest in the xmog gear and I didn't realize that it wasnt an extra bonus roll and just a free one (of your three). They're so easy to obtain. Isn't worth it.

The Workshop seems like a lot of fun. I wish I had the spare slot to try it out.

I could even see the spirit lodge being clutch for getting to rare spawns quickly.

But medium buildings definitely have the toughest choices out of all the sizes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Followers suck? What? :( they're so key to the garrison and getting a lot of things! I enjoy having a variety to tackle different things.

I may actually ditch the Mill since quest upgrades are useless to me now, I have no interest in the xmog gear and I didn't realize that it wasnt an extra bonus roll and just a free one (of your three). They're so easy to obtain. Isn't worth it.

The Workshop seems like a lot of fun. I wish I had the spare slot to try it out.
The Dwarven Bunker/War Mill yields weapon and armor upgrades for your followers if you feed it garrison resources.

Stables are not actually a 20% mount speed increase because the buff doesn't stack with your guild mount speed buff. Or something. The benefits of the Barracks are pretty blunt, as it gives you more wiggle room on the oppressively small follower cap while opening up bodyguards, which are extremely useful for general questing and most notably invasions.

Magnus

The Dwarven Bunker/War Mill yields weapon and armor upgrades for your followers if you feed it garrison resources.

Stables are not actually a 20% mount speed increase because the buff doesn't stack with your guild mount speed buff. Or something. The benefits of the Barracks are pretty blunt, as it gives you more wiggle room on the oppressively small follower cap while opening up bodyguards, which are extremely useful for general questing and most notably invasions.

I keep forgetting about bodyguards! Yes.

And I've fed my War Mill about 400 GR. Not a single follower upgrade item from work orders. Only iron scraps. :(

Salvage Yard turns up plenty.

War Mill work orders definitely feel scammy. Especially compared to the potential value you could be getting out of a trading post. But I keep burning through them anyway in the faint hope that I'll get upgrades.

My main has different buildings than all my alts though, so I'm not as concerned with his use of resources for gold-making at this time.

Oh and unrelated - the best thing about no flying is that I get to use all my badass rare ground mounts which are cooler in general than my flying ones. Still chasing Invincible though.

I'm an expert

getting loot from missions is dumb.. neat.. I didn't play or do anything.. lol

Sooooo, I got the lvl 3 BPs of the medium sizes buildings but whats the point? It just more orders but since the orders are still capped by queue orders I dont get it.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Man, I know I have plenty of months to do it, but I'd really like to clear normal Highmaul before the weekly reset (Wednesday for me). At the least, I want to clear it before Blackrock Foundry opens.

Ko'ragh is still a pain in the ass (considering the soakers should be magic dps and all), and I'm starting to suspect most pre-made groups won't let me join because I'm a ret paladin (not good enough for a soaker) or rather I have silver damage on proving grounds.

Granted, most, if not, some pre-made groups are pretty unreasonable in their requirements.

It's the only viable catchup mechanic I'm finding works for my alts with garrisons.

It'd be a better catchup mechanic if your followers were shared between characters, I'm really not motivated to level all these followers for a second time + get all their ilvl's sorted after having spent so much time building a decently balanced team on my main character.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just got a 650 robe from Tarina, not the best stats (crit+versatility, good for shadow, not so much for holy) but its better than my 605 so :p

Mothman91

Anyone know what's the maximum ilvl a follower can get to? Or maximum armor/weapon ilvl they can get to? I think my friend got to the maximum on one of his, forgot the number he told me though.

dimb

Anyone know what's the maximum ilvl a follower can get to? Or maximum armor/weapon ilvl they can get to? I think my friend got to the maximum on one of his, forgot the number he told me though.
Think it caps at 655.

dimb

Glad stance feels way too spammy to me. Not a fan. Especially compared to pre-WoD arms and Fury.
Glad stance is spammy on its own, but the most effective permutation of the spec turns the heroic strike mashing into something absurd.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Glad stance is spammy on its own, but the most effective permutation of the spec turns the heroic strike mashing into something absurd.

I play a WW Monk, an Enhancement Shaman, and a rogue, so the idea of spamming buttons isn't foreign to me. But those specs give me a GCD break.

There is no break with Gladiator in PVE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck yes

in1nBNXJuEUjg.png

Rhaknar

The crafted epics are available to wear at lvl 91.

Well that's how the cloth ones are.

the 640 ones? damn thats a big boost. I was about to say "whats the point in using them might aswell sell them" and then i remembered you can upgrade them to higher ilvls with crafting so ill probably end up using the 3 pieces (I still havent made 1 let alone 3)

Top Bottom