• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I sell hexweave bags instead. They move quicker and easier.

mileS

Really sad that reforge is gone. The main excuse for it being removed was they wanted gear to be exciting to get again, and they didn't want to make you feel like you had to do 4-5 things to it before you equip it. Now 90% of the people in a raid see an item drop and go "eh, thats shit" or "eh, ill pass, not my main stats" the secondary stats are all over the place now and most of the people I've come across aren't even excited to win a piece of gear unless it has both secondary stats perfect to the spec they play (which is honestly extremely rare) At least with reforging people would be more excited to win something.

vocab

Really sad that reforge is gone. The main excuse for it being removed was they wanted gear to be exciting to get again, and they didn't want to make you feel like you had to do 4-5 things to it before you equip it. Now 90% of the people in a raid see an item drop and go "eh, thats shit" or "eh, ill pass, not my main stats" the secondary stats are all over the place now and most of the people I've come across aren't even excited to win a piece of gear unless it has both secondary stats perfect to the spec they play (which is honestly extremely rare) At least with reforging people would be more excited to win something.

Kill the hardest boss. Item drops. Not warforged? Garbage.

Best loot design ever.

If people are passing on higher item level gear because the stats aren't perfect your loot system is bad.

Dunlop

Are scrolls of resurrection still a thing?

I am sans family tonight and will not dare to put my CC number back on the account lol

I played up to Cataclysm and want to check out what has changed, from what I am reading here a lot

Rapstah

UBRS was incredibly frustrating with DPS finding a way to stand in the thing you're not supposed to stand in in every single boss fight, but it was also sort of rewarding to manage to heal a group through that. I'm torn.

Ashodin

current transmog

DJTGQXD.jpg

I love the Iron Horde stuff. Want the smoky shoulders! Got the belt as a drop in Shadowmoon Heroic daily.

cdyhybrid

Using my follower reroll item on Vargoth because he had both of the abilities I have too much of (Counterspell, Blink)...he still has Blink. Eight followers with Danger Zone counters >:|

Is there a way to get more rerolling items?

Rapstah

Using my follower reroll item on Vargoth because he had both of the abilities I have too much of (Counterspell, Blink)...he still has Blink. Eight followers with Danger Zone counters >:|

Is there a way to get more rerolling items?

Wowhead says it only drops from two rare missions, which is awful if it's true. One is 90, one is 100. I think a lot of people get the level 90 one because of the follower situation when you first get missions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
UBRS was incredibly frustrating with DPS finding a way to stand in the thing you're not supposed to stand in in every single boss fight, but it was also sort of rewarding to manage to heal a group through that. I'm torn.

its not rewarding, just infuriating :p

TheYanger

Anyone that thinks that ACTUALLY doesn't understand how their character or stats work, at all. It's very rare that a suboptimal secondary doesn't beat 10+ ilevels of pure stats.

More importantly, reforging didn't change that - there was still a better piece of gear and a worse one. Anyone that isn't taking the highmaul upgrades is an idiot.

Rapstah

its not rewarding, just infuriating :p

My group had a professional Warlock who dodged everything, had green fire with the title, and was generally really good at her class, but she could only do 12k DPS compared to the ~18k Rogue who stood in all of the fire and died on two bosses. I bet that's more infuriating.

Apt101

I think I may be the only person who will dress their paladin in the Stormwind armor (everything but helmet and shield).

Level 100 mobs in the daily quest locations no longer drop apexis or primals for me. At any of them. Tried farming dozens in every location the past two days. I'm either bugged or it's some hidden throttling mechanism. I have a sneaking suspicion it's related to all of the garrison invasion quests I have queued up, because it began occurring with specific types of mobs as soon as I had two in one week.

royalan

n00b question:

I thought that once you upgraded the barracks to level 2 you could take followers with you anywhere in Draenor? How do I make that happen? My followers still don't follow me outside of Shadowmoon.

Apt101

n00b question:

I thought that once you upgraded the barracks to level 2 you could take followers with you anywhere in Draenor? How do I make that happen? My followers still don't follow me outside of Shadowmoon.

Assign a follower with the "body guard" trait to the barracks. You do that within the planning table in HQ.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Trying to explain to a pug that my interrupt, Fist of Justice, is on a 30 second cooldown and if the boss is casting Revitalizing Water quicker than that, I can't always interrupt. Idiots.
They probably were confused since your interrupt is rebuke on a 12 sec. cool down.

Fist of Justice is a stun.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Trying to explain to a pug that my interrupt, Fist of Justice, is on a 30 second cooldown and if the boss is casting Revitalizing Water quicker than that, I can't always interrupt. Idiots.

See, this is what's wrong with WoW.

As far as I can tell, this guy doesn't even know about rebuke, but he's calling other people idiots?

What the hell?

how are people crafting 640 items without having to sell it for 100k?

I don't understand this question at all. the 640 items aren't costly at all to make, they just take time. The base materials aren't expensive, ergo the craftables arent.

The upgrade tokens take savage blood though, which is going for about 2.5k on my server now, so those still sell for a lot and probably will for a while/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So with garrisons and more importantly with the weird cross-breeding of different professions and garrisons... Now more than ever do we need a shared stash amongst our accounts.

It doesn't even have to be a bank. If just my reagent bank was account-wide, that would be fine.

Ashodin

Looks dope man!

I'm trying to get the shoulders atm also. Haven't seen it yet though. It can drop from any heroic, right?

hey thanks, I play GW2 often and that game is dress up 2.0 so I am glad transmog lets me be stylish in WOW!

also yeah fuck savage blood, after I upgrade all my plots to tier 3 I'm going all in on the barn

lazygecko

Bloody hell. Got Lantressor the Blade leveled up to epic level, and of course he gets yet another Timed Battle counter. I have 8 of those counters now, and I have yet to get one of those items that can reshuffle traits.

Fjordson

hey thanks, I play GW2 often and that game is dress up 2.0 so I am glad transmog lets me be stylish in WOW!
Haha, totally agree. Been addicted to transmog ever since it came out.

Like just last night I got Zoid's Firelit Greatsword from Firelands for my warrior. So stoked.

mclem

That's not our interrupt, Rebuke is our interrupt. The stun from Fist of Justice is *also* good, of course, but you can do one followed by the other for the subsequent casts. Mind you, if you happen to be a tank, you can add your Avenger's Shield into the fray as a third.

Edit: To be fair to Robin, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the second boss in Everbloom, and those subsequent casts come *fast*.

G-Unit

See, this is what's wrong with WoW.

As far as I can tell, this guy doesn't even know about rebuke, but he's calling other people idiots?

What the hell?

I don't understand this question at all. the 640 items aren't costly at all to make, they just take time. The base materials aren't expensive, ergo the craftables arent.

The upgrade tokens take savage blood though, which is going for about 2.5k on my server now, so those still sell for a lot and probably will for a while/

I craffted a 630 weapon, how do i upgrade it to 640?

Apt101

I should go back and try to farm up a mean-looking weapon for my paladin to transmog. I used to have that mace with a big gear on it, no idea what I did with it. I liked that one.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Can you redo a previous days CM Daily if someone still has the quest to share? That probably isn't a good sign that they do though. lol.

mclem

Can you redo a previous days CM Daily if someone still has the quest to share? That probably isn't a good sign that they do though. lol.

I'm fairly sure the quest dropped out of my logs when I sat on one overnight. I *have* managed to do that with a CM recently, but I've a nagging feeling that it happened to be the same daily twice in a row - that might be a reason it stuck in my logs.

That's the easy test, though: grab one overnight, see what happens to the one in your logs, if it goes check if today's daily is different; if it stays, check if today's is the same.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed that in Highmaul, in the area you get to after you have defeated The Butcher, there is a spot where you can clip through a mushroom and thereafter be free to explore the whole map. This can be used to exploit as it allows you to skip to Twin Ogron from The Butcher, or at least to the building where they are (I didn't check if the boss was there as the entrance was guarded by two lvl 101 elites). I'm not encouraging such behaviour as it's a bannable offense, but it's there for anyone feeling foolhardy. Anyway, here are some images from the exploration:

highmaul_1deabu.png
highmaul_2s3a0z.png

Directly after you have clipped through the mentioned mushroom and done some jumping.

highmaul_3exbsf.png
highmaul_4z0yoc.png

A bit further ahead.

highmaul_5oilac.png
highmaul_6n1axc.png

Instance borders shown here (don't know what method could be used to go through the walls here).

highmaul_7mdxih.png
highmaul_85ullt.png

Entrance leading to the final building, plus a portal (couldn't interact with it though) to the previous area.

highmaul_95oz05.png
highmaul_xframz.png

Scenic shot plus an empty cave.

highmaul_x29ial1.png
highmaul_x3v5x4y.png

A tower near a small lake, and some mushrooms in the southern water. Ironfist Harbor seen in the distance.

highmaul_x4qubog.png
highmaul_x5k9ast.png

Shot of Highmaul from the water plus Ancestral Grounds.

highmaul_x6pyb7w.png
highmaul_x780l2h.png

Buggy river plus Mok'gol Watchpost.

highmaul_x86ulx2.png
highmaul_x9zalcw.png

Another shot of instance borders plus Oshu'gun (or where it is in the regular map anyway).

highmaul_x20mfyed.png
highmaul_x216wj2i.png

Spirit Grotto (here you could use the Talbuk option for a small period of time) and a shot of Ironfist Harbor.

highmaul_x22dzjdu.png
highmaul_x230ekh2.png

Another shot of the Oshu'gun hole (Oshu'gone) and a hut where I found some objects you could interact with (a bench and a cooking pot).

Nothing overly exciting, but there it is. In other news, I got both of the Arms warrior items from The Butcher. Should make it a bit easier to find groups.

Peachpies

Rösti;142131565 said:
I noticed that in Highmaul, in the area you get to after you have defeated The Butcher, there is a spot where you can clip through a mushroom and thereafter be free to explore the whole map. This can be used to exploit as it allows you to skip to Twin Ogron from The Butcher, or at least to the building where they are (I didn't check if the boss was there as the entrance was guarded by two lvl 101 elites). I'm not encouraging such behaviour as it's a bannable offense, but it's there for anyone feeling foolhardy. Anyway, here are some images from the exploration:
The Butcher is an optional boss so you can skip to Twin Orgron by just clearing the trash up the middle path and then going left.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rösti;142131565 said:
Nothing overly exciting, but there it is. In other news, I got both of the Arms warrior items from The Butcher. Should make it a bit easier to find groups.
What drops from The Butcher that's for Arms warriors?

Kangi

My favorites are Fear and Summon Infernal.

"Summon Infernal
Cast by a warlock to feel powerful and deal significant damage. Makes nearby innocents very nervous."

Ah, the days of letting loose my infernal in the Orgrimmar throne room and watching it slaughter every single royal guard.

man fuck ko'ragh

He's really not that bad. We got him down to 20% within about 40 minutes of attempt. Having people get out of the arcane puddles before he charges to them and puts it down goes a long way in keeping the outgoing damage manageable.

I'm sure you can do it. :)

Top Bottom