• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Wunder

He's really not that bad. We got him down to 20% within about 40 minutes of attempt. Having people get out of the arcane puddles before he charges to them and puts it down goes a long way in keeping the outgoing damage manageable.

I'm sure you can do it. :)

Yeah, it just feels helpless as a melee because I can't really do that much. I think we also have like 5 hunters eating into our ranged pool so we are spending tons of time in the barrier phase and eating a lot of orbs.

Apt101

Should I just upgrade my 640 helm and belt, and find a 640+ weapon prior to raiding as a ret paladin? Some of the stories I'm hearing are scaring me.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, will blizz ban and remove and item from a ML ninja? Not sure if I want to do ML in this Ko'ragh pug. :/

Edit: Nm, I left. I was the only one that should have been able to roll on the 2h with the MS loot rules, but I saw the prot warrior ML do an emote telling me to fuck off without me putting up a stink about the loot rules. Soooo, buhbye,

Really sad that reforge is gone. The main excuse for it being removed was they wanted gear to be exciting to get again, and they didn't want to make you feel like you had to do 4-5 things to it before you equip it. Now 90% of the people in a raid see an item drop and go "eh, thats shit" or "eh, ill pass, not my main stats" the secondary stats are all over the place now and most of the people I've come across aren't even excited to win a piece of gear unless it has both secondary stats perfect to the spec they play (which is honestly extremely rare) At least with reforging people would be more excited to win something.
Wait... but you can reroll secondary stats depending on your profession, right? Or is that for crafted items only? (Sorry, haven't even looked into that side of things yet seeing as I'm only 620 atm with my highest piece being 640.)

arhra

Looks dope man!

I'm trying to get the shoulders atm also. Haven't seen it yet though. It can drop from any heroic, right?

Doesn't even have to be heroic. I got the shoulders from a random heroic, but helm and belt I got from soloing normal Slag Mines (pretty trivial at 100, at least for me as a ~635 ilvl ret).

Karl Hawk

Banned
He's really not that bad. We got him down to 20% within about 40 minutes of attempt. Having people get out of the arcane puddles before he charges to them and puts it down goes a long way in keeping the outgoing damage manageable.

I'm sure you can do it. :)

My problem so far is with incompetent people. Yesterday, I led a pug (Huge mistake, IMO) and assigned 4 magic dps to soak the barrier each phase. Then one of the rogues comes in and fucks it all up, causing the group to fall apart.

Hell, same case where a DK dps interfered with the barrier phase in a group I joined in. some people still don't get the memo that adds should only killed in the suppression field.

The lowest I got Ko'ragh down is 33% so far. I really want to clear Highmaul before the reset. Unfortunately, since I'm a ret pally, I can't be able to join most groups due to the high demand for magic dps and I feel helpless since I'm melee for the most part.

Rokam

Blizzard really loves nerfing the Salvage Yard, mission must succeed and lower level missions just reward the white bag o crap.

T8tWvWd.jpg

#rekt

Oibignose

Tanking is so different these days. Aggro control not an issue at all and it's all about damage mitigation.

Tanked all the heroics now on my warrior and got the 680 ring. All apart from ubrs that is, where a warlock literally went mental at me for going too slow (I was trying to read about the first boss fight as no one would explain it). So I decided to just play it by ear and keep moving. First boss went ok.

We wipe on the second boss and he fills the instance chat with expletives so I politely say good bye. I understand people want to run heroics fast, I do too when I'm familiar with the instance fight mechanics but I always like to make sure everyone knows the basics.

Anyway I'm sitting pretty at ilvl 630 and got the weak enchants on everything. Plan for next week is to try and get a good ubrs run and start CM or pre made raiding.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do people who have been raiding like Highmaul? I can't tell if this instance is boring or I just don't like raiding anymore.

DarkJC

Do people who have been raiding like Highmaul? I can't tell if this instance is boring or I just don't like raiding anymore.

I don't think it's boring, but it definitely feels like the first raid of an expansion so to speak. I find the later raids are usually much more interesting in scope and storytelling.

I think the encounter design has been pretty cool so far.

Karl Hawk

Banned

I've only been raiding since the last weeks of Pandaria (I've only raided SoO in non-LFR), but I feel Highmaul has some cool encounter design so far. It's not very impressive, but then again, I didn't have much expectations for it as it is the first raid of an expansion.

Too bad most people take some bosses like Tectus and Ko'ragh lightly.

For me, I'm more interested into what Blackrock Foundry will bring.

Lanrutcon

It's hit and miss.

FIrst 3 bosses are boring and uninspired (which is tragic, as one of them is a pretty big figure in current lore). The mountain is terrible (way too chaotic and random during motes). Normally a bit of chaos is fun, but the red dust mechanic doesn't hold up when it's being spammed by too many sources. Oh, and any class that doesn't like moving a lot after the caster nerfs is going to pull sucky numbers on that fight. A little balancing and he'll be awesome, I feel.

The twins are pretty fun, except I don't know wtf is up with the fire waves. They rarely look angled to the direction they're moving in, which is silly. I like 2nd to last boss, because precision pays off with him and that's how a raid should work.

I haven't down the end boss yet, but he (and his adds) have way too much hp. People fall asleep because some of the phases take forever. I spent 3 hours trying to 10 man him, and I'm convinced he wasn't stress tested with 10 people (especially during the add phases). I'll try him with 30 people next week and see how that goes.

I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't feel very ambitious. It's more or less what I expect from the first raid of any xpac, especially one where it's more or less a 2-raid tier. Foundry looks a bit more interesting, but tbh I'm so fucking tired of the horde aesthetic after Siege that I dread setting foot inside it.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't feel very ambitious. It's more or less what I expect from the first raid of any xpac, especially one where it's more or less a 2-raid tier. Foundry looks a bit more interesting, but tbh I'm so fucking tired of the horde aesthetic after Siege that I dread setting foot inside it.

Fair enough.

I would like to see more of the Arakkoa or the Shadow Council.

Wunder

Yeah I like the encounters a lot so far -- it does feel a little bit like a Vault of Archavon-esque raid though, in that its just a series of bosses. Besides the beginning of the raid, which was cool, there hasn't been the same set-up/voice overs as other instances like Ulduar or SoO, or traversal aspects in ToT.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want to be Terrok again, living that musou life.

ampere

Yeah I like it. Fun fights. Mythic isn't even out yet though so I think you're judging too prematurely.

I feel like I could use some more gear with bonus armour on it. I've got like, two pieces.

If you are tanking, yea. You want it on neck, back, rings and trinkets when possible. Those are the only slots it can appear on and it's by far the most amazing tank stat.

Blizzard really loves nerfing the Salvage Yard, mission must succeed and lower level missions just reward the white bag o crap.

My guild and I are all really annoyed with this... it basically means anyone who didn't have their 645 teams set for the 4 Highmaul missions is now set back even more by a huge margin. I have no idea what they are thinking with some recent design decisions

I want to be Terrok again, living that musou life.

First night of the expac a hunter on my realm was exploiting a bug where he had Terokk following him as a pet, the Terokk like you get to be on the quest. He was one shotting me over and over with that wind attack. Super frustrating -_-

Saucy_XL

Banned
The salvage yard change (a nerf) is actually infuriating. They should have waited until they either buffed the drop rate for follower upgrades from the Bunker/Mill or added more level 100 missions. It was too much as it was, but now I feel bad for anyone who didn't already gear up their followers or get some nice salvage crate RNG.

Fair enough.

I would like to see more of the Arakkoa or the Shadow Council.

While it would pretty much come off as pandering, I would love to see what the art team could do with the Tempest Keep/Dranei Ship look or the Blood/High Elf architecture now that they have a lot more lee-way with what they're able to do via higher performance and engine visual improvements.

Isn't the inside of Shattrath closed off right now? That could be a cool raid if they went a bit further than they went with Auchindoun.

Copy pasta of a post I made for my guild forums, but for people playing Unholy DK, here's all the relevant Weak Auras I use...you may find them useful.

Took quite a bit of tweaking to get these right, but feel free to adjust them (particularly position/size), you may not like some of the animations or intermediary steps. Ask me if you want something different and aren't sure how to do it yourself (for example, I added a sonar ping sound to my own personal Defile WA - not the one listed here - when it's available to cast). I didn't make a WA for Plague Leech yet, but if it seems to become an issue remembering I will (or if requested).

Defile: http://pastebin.com/dLG1URLA

Soul Reaper (configured to 47% mob health, slightly above the threshold for tick damage): http://pastebin.com/SwCD3J7s

No Ghoul/Shadow Infusion Stacks + Duration/Dark Transformation: http://pastebin.com/M4WPhFZJ

Runic Corruption Tracker (More for flavor than actual usefulness): http://pastebin.com/PRa3QMdT

(Diseases are separate because I'm am not good with computerdynamic group)

Frost Fever: http://pastebin.com/VKb6yMfX
Blood Plague: http://pastebin.com/4eshUawW

Unholy Strength (Runeforge) Proc: http://pastebin.com/FMpHh7PL

Draenic Strength Potion: http://pastebin.com/1JVmPW11

vocab

New raid is great. Nice variety. The trash is a pain like always but its not the worst of the worse. Kargath being the first boss isn't something that bothers me. I think nerzhul being a 5 man boss is worse.

New raid is great. Nice variety. The trash is a pain like always but its not the worst of the worse. Kargath being the first boss isn't something that bothers me. I think nerzhul being a 5 man boss is worse.

I kind of expect Ner'Zhul to come back. It seems pretty obvious, being the master of death and all. That and he's probably one of the more important figures we're dealing with on Draenor in terms of his long term impact on the original timeline.

Kargath, by comparison, really isn't that important, right? He's just another orc, really. Next to Blackhand and Ner'Zhul I think it makes sense for us to kill him early.

And I think Highmaul is great, but you can't judge it based on Heroic. Mythic adds some pretty crazy mechanics to alot of the fights, it's not just a numbers change.

what is the salvage yard nerf?

Watcher said:
It's neither nerf nor bug, but rather intended to be a rebalancing that shifts some of the incentives away from spamming low-level missions (even after you have high-level followers), in favor of making high-level missions more rewarding.

We made two changes:
Level 90-94 missions will only award a Bag of Salvaged Goods (level 1 reward) regardless of the level of your Salvage Yard.
Successful Level 100 missions will now always reward a salvage crate appropriate for your current Salvage Yard.

Level 95-99 missions are unchanged. On balance, players who are trying to increase the item level of their followers should be receiving a similar number of follower upgrades as before, but hopefully with a bit less emphasis on logging in every hour or two to cycle through quick low-level missions.

10chars

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What a stupid fucking "fix".

Robin64

That's not our interrupt, Rebuke is our interrupt. The stun from Fist of Justice is *also* good, of course, but you can do one followed by the other for the subsequent casts. Mind you, if you happen to be a tank, you can add your Avenger's Shield into the fray as a third.

Edit: To be fair to Robin, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the second boss in Everbloom, and those subsequent casts come *fast*.

It was Everbloom and it was my first attempt at being a healer this expac to try and avoid some queues. The tank had asked me to help with interrupts on that guy because he didn't think there'd be enough otherwise. I thought it was odd, but FoJ is ranged and I could help out so I did. Rebuke is melee though and I wasn't going to run over to the guy to use it.

Anybody have experience/use Big Wigs over DBM? Was using VEM in late Mists, but that was intentionally broken by the DBM author for the time being. DBM currently has a bug for me where the bar positions reset on login/logout/reloadui - I can't stand it right now. So much so that I'm thinking about Big Wigs.

Really loving my Warlock now. I had the day off Friday and yesterday and went from iLvl 607 doing about 8.5 to 9k DPS to iLvl 621 and now doing 14.5k consistently in heroics. Looking forward to jumping into LFR Highmaul this week. Hoping I can find a guild too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
explored all of frostfire ridge on my dog, killed a few rares, captured a few pets, was fun

I really need to get more pets up to 25, does anyone have any advice for those garrison pet battles? I can only almost kill 1 of them, but the others just destroy me, I dont get it :/

Top Bottom