• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Shahadan

So...was there any solution for people who couldn't delete a character? Because I have the problem today.

It's goddamn annoying. No I have no mail, heirloom, or anything whatsoever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
In the Beta its a huge beautiful city that is currently controlled by the Burning Legion who are pretty pissed off no Orc Army. Probably be part of a content patch to liberate the city

I don't remember a demon presence in Shatt in beta. They were all around Auchindoun, but Shatt was squarely an Iron Horde deal.

ampere

Dat Mione

Yeah, finally got the onxyia mount :D
http://i7.minus.com/ibk3qf0eQv1agy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Grats. Get that drake achievement!!

[quote="Anoregon, post: 137758261"]I don't remember a demon presence in Shatt in beta. They were all around Auchindoun, but Shatt was squarely an Iron Horde deal.[/QUOTE]

Shatt was full of demons when I checked on beta

[quote="Shahadan, post: 137758252"]So...was there any solution for people who couldn't delete a character? Because I have the problem today.

It's goddamn annoying. No I have no mail, heirloom, or anything whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Make a ticket and they will delete it for you

StMeph

So... speaking of the Burning Legion.

Obviously the plot was added in layers through each WarCraft game, and it shows, but taking what we know: in our present timeline, they corrupted the orcs, ostensibly, to invade Azeroth so that they could claim the Well of Eternity.

In the alternate-universe past Draenor (still a dumb idea), orcs refuse demonic corruption with Garrosh's warnings to invade Azeroth anyway (which is Wrathion's newly-winged grand plan to create a united force to repel the Legion). There is zero difference here to the Legion's original interest, as the orc invasion is just to weaken and scatter any resistance that the native races would be able to mount. The only significant departure is the Iron Horde's utter failure to invade, as we launch pre-emptive strikes on their terrorist locations because we're tired of playing in Azeroth.

None of the metaplot makes much sense, and looking at the raid tiers, I don't think anyone cares too much to make sense of it, either.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Obviously the plot was added in layers through each WarCraft game, and it shows, but taking what we know: in our present timeline, they corrupted the orcs, ostensibly, to invade Azeroth so that they could claim the Well of Eternity.

In the alternate-universe past Draenor (still a dumb idea), orcs refuse demonic corruption with Garrosh's warnings to invade Azeroth anyway (which is Wrathion's newly-winged grand plan to create a united force to repel the Legion). There is zero difference here to the Legion's original interest, as the orc invasion is just to weaken and scatter any resistance that the native races would be able to mount. The only significant departure is the Iron Horde's utter failure to invade, as we launch pre-emptive strikes on their terrorist locations because we're tired of playing in Azeroth.

None of the metaplot makes much sense, and looking at the raid tiers, I don't think anyone cares too much to make sense of it, either.

The Iron Horde as it exists is not part of Wrathion's plot. Garrosh promptly killed Kairoz as soon as they got to Draenor, so Kairoz was unable to enact any part of their sneaky dragon plot. They didn't necessarily plan on having the Orc unite and immediately invade the primary timeline. They did plan on stopping the Legion corruption and uniting the orcs, but it was Garrosh's influence that caused Grom to form the Iron Horde and invade Azeroth.

ampere

Yeah it's more of a vehicle to show the players these old Orc warlords and old Draenor.

The metaplot is just bonkers in WoW.

Guesong

Well, in the first instance, the invasion force is made submissive to the Legion. They control the Well and becomes Masters of the Universe.

Iron Horde ain't taking any of that slavery or bowing to no one. Wrathion's idea is that this strong United Horde is probably stronger than the divided Current-Azeroth and they would be better suited as protectors in the long run.

Of course, turns out he's incredibly wrong, but I don't have a canon problem with it.

StayDead

Finally! :D

0Eogd0e.jpg

VjvCZOk.jpg

Jag

Whats on your MoP bucket list before WoD drops?

For me, I want to finish running all my alts through the WoD questline and run them all through Onyxia for easy bags and the mount.

I may finish leveling up my second blacksmith, but ore is so ridiculously overpriced right now so I'm selling off my stash rather than leveling with it.

That's pretty much it. Maybe a couple of H Garry runs for secondary heirlooms, but I have enough to get all my guys to 100.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

For me, I want to finish running all my alts through the WoD questline and run them all through Onyxia for easy bags and the mount.

I may finish leveling up my second blacksmith, but ore is so ridiculously overpriced right now so I'm selling off my stash rather than leveling with it.

That's pretty much it. Maybe a couple of H Garry runs for secondary heirlooms, but I have enough to get all my guys to 100.

Running Firelands 10, Tempest Keep and Karazhan on all my nine lvl 90 characters for the mounts. Maybe trying to hit 600 in Engineering on my Gnome Warlock so that I can have every professions maxed on my account.

Salamando

Mostly just praying that my new graphics card arrives here on time (current est. delivery: Wednesday) and hoping that it's all my computer needs. Otherwise launch day's gonna suck real bad.

Running Firelands 10, Tempest Keep and Karazhan on all my nine lvl 90 characters for the mounts. Maybe trying to hit 600 in Engineering on my Gnome Warlock so that I can have every professions maxed on my account.

It's annoying enough running old raids on 2-3 characters. I don't know how you do it on 9 o_O

lazygecko

Finally managed to figure out the new file storage. With WoD they switched from .mpq to a new format called CASC. Found a tool called Cascexplorer, and after some tinkering with the config and getting an up-to-date listfile I can finally browse and extract WoW assets again.

Started working on that sound mod I said I was gonna do. Working on melee weapons right now since those were not updated for WoD. The old 2004 ones are in 22khz but the new ones are in 44.1khz

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66640537/Sword 1H.mp3

Here are the one-handed sword sounds for flesh, chain and plate impacts. 3 for each with 1 extra crit sound that has some kind of woosh added. First the old ones and then the new ones I'm working on. Probably have to go through a lot of additional passes before they seamlessly blend into the game.

There are some other things I want to address as well. Did you ever think it was a bit jarring how monstrous the female orc grunts sound compared to her "normal" voice? There's actually 2 separate folders for player race grunts in the game data, where one of them is likely from the beta and has different voices from the release version (with additional ones like voices for jumping and getting stunned). For some strange reason, female orcs still use their beta voices instead of the final ones. It's even more jarring post-WoD with the additional voices added that clash in style with the beta ones. I think I'm going to replace the beta voices with the unused release ones so it's much more consistent (even though the monstrous beta ones have become an "acquired taste" over the years).

Bisnic

It's annoying enough running old raids on 2-3 characters. I don't know how you do it on 9 o_O

It takes 30 secs to do Karazhan, 10 mins to do Tempest Keep and 5-7 mins to do Alystrazor in Firelands. (I try Ragnaros on only 2 alts) Add another 10-12 mins of travel between all of these... so maybe around 30 mins x 9 in a week isn't that bad. It's 4.5 hours in a week.

I'm not crazy enough to do the whole raids on 9 characters. Just kill the bosses that drop a mount.

Magnus

It takes 30 secs to do Karazhan, 10 mins to do Tempest Keep and 5-7 mins to do Alystrazor in Firelands. (I try Ragnaros on only 2 alts) Add another 10-12 mins of travel between all of these... so maybe around 30 mins x 9 in a week isn't that bad. It's 4.5 hours in a week.

I'm not crazy enough to do the whole raids on 9 characters. Just kill the bosses that drop a mount.

...4.5 hours isn't a lot of time? lol

Bisnic

...4.5 hours isn't a lot of time? lol

Some people spend that amount of time in a single day doing a current raid. So... yes 4.5 hours in a week isn't that bad. You spend 2 hours one day and 2 hours the next and it's almost over for the week and then you can do something else. 2 hours of WoW during an evening is like... completely normal for a WoW player.

Guys, I can't seem to decide on who to lvl first in expansion... I always played ranged class but now I want to try out melee.

I have lvl 90 Druid (played the most created just before TBC), Pala (boosted him few hours ago), Monk (played for a bit in MoP)
Also Warr and DK who are around 70

I think I have narrowed it down to Pala and Druid and I plan on doing mostly PvP with them (no arena) so I think self healing will be important.

What do you guys think? I like Druid but I think they've lost a lot of their Hybrid aspect following Guardian spec, still they do just fine.

Pala was always my "dream" but never got around to level one. But I really don't know anything about them.

Any ideas :)

I might level battle pets somewhat. I'm going to try to continue to gear my alts without spending any gold. Clean up some inventory a little bit. Maybe sell a few things on the AH. At this point, I don't think there is that much time to do that much.

Interfectum

I've settled on taking my DK through WoD to 100. I'm currently working on cleaning out some inventory space, getting some cool cosmetics and toys (Darkmoon Faire dailies), running random end game raids to flesh out my gear score and probably some pet battles in the mix. I'll also make some quality of life engineering toys (portable mailbox, repair, etc). I've already got my rocket boots and parachute enchants. :D

I'm basically on maintenance mode for WoD.

Jarnet87

Glad to be on Stormrage. Been a long time since I've raided, but there are so many guilds looking for players maybe one of them will give me a shot lol. I'm just hoping most of the issues will be sort by Thursday afternoon/night so I can log in and play.

Dresden

Grab one of the three transmog shields I want - the bulwark, the royal crest of lordaeron in culling, and the fridge door v2 off KT in naxx.

Level up fishing.

Cap honor.

That's about it.

Props to Mione for sure, but something about this makes me salty. No class (no matter the skill) should be able to solo this boss, even on flex, at current level/content. Proves how broken DK's are.

Ehhh. It's mostly a function of the stat squish. The gear you have from Mythic SoO is 2-3 tiers of iLvl ahead of what flex Garrosh was originally intended for, which is almost an expansion's worth. The content isn't really current anymore. It certainly wasn't possible pre-squish and nerf.

And Blood DKs have always been good at soloing, nothing wrong with that. They're balanced fine in normal raid settings

ampere

Props to Mione for sure, but something about this makes me salty. No class (no matter the skill) should be able to solo this boss, even on flex, at current level/content. Proves how broken DK's are.

Nah DKs are fine. Mione is just too OP (and it's flex and got nerfed hard after the stat squish)

edit: Should also say that at level 90 in 6.0, things are just wonky. Don't worry about it much. This kind of soloing was not possible in 5.4.

Do you guys think Blizz might tease the next tier at BlizzCon or will they wait until next year?

Not the next raid tier, but maybe 6.1 (which is probably a non-raid content patch)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only thing left on my WoD bucket list is exalting Shaohao. Currently at revered, just have to finish it off. Everything else is maxed out, cutting edge is done, mounts are done, done done done. Oh and world boss mounts, but those don't exist.

On the subject of running old raids for mounts, I may just start doing 1 in WoD instead of 3-5 alts running it every week. Just for my sanity's sake.

ampere

On the subject of running old raids for mounts, I may just start doing 1 in WoD instead of 3-5 alts running it every week. Just for my sanity's sake.

That can be wise...

I got the Al'Akir mount this week, but I'm still doing Dragon Soul 4 times a week. Might do less when WoD hits because I'll be gearing my main

Definitely gonna cut back on old raids for awhile once WoD drops. Got all that new content to do my time will be limited. Especially with the leveling process for alts.

Gearing + hunting the new rares and building up my garrison will be my main focus.

I'll probably still run at least once a week, but not 2+ times.

Jag

Definitely gonna cut back on old raids for awhile once WoD drops. Got all that new content to do my time will be limited. Especially with the leveling process for alts.

Gearing + hunting the new rares and building up my garrison will be my main focus.

I'll probably still run at least once a week, but not 2+ times.

Everything I've read says to get your main Garrison to Level Three (at 100) then worry about alts. It's going to be really hard not to just get all my Garrisons rolling at once though.

StayDead

For the first time ever going into an expac launch I'm not going to be raiding so I won't be focused purely on my main. I think I'll actually level all my characters up to max so I've got a large variety of things and proffesions to work with. Until MoP I'd only ever had 2 max level characters, now I've got 4, nearly 5.

cdyhybrid

Just trying to finish off my mount farming. Might try and run SoO on my DK for some extra gear to level to 100 just a bit faster, but meh.

Currently on the list:

-Raven Lord
-Darkmoon Faire
-Tol Barad (have the Spectral Wolf, pushing for the Drake)
-Argent Tournament (I think I have 3 more racial mounts and then I'm done)
-Qiraji Battle Tank and Vial of the Sands farming

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MoP was really the thing that turned me off leveling PVE alts. Nothing fun about queueing LFR across multiple characters and valor capping them each for the cloak. And the whole time all I could think is, 'Man, my Shaman could be killing these mobs so much faster.'

And vicious saddles(after b eing used) being character-specific certainly didn't help matters any

Dicer

Banned
So, Achieve [The Incredible Hulk] is plain bugged or broken, did it a multitude of times while farming that mount, never popped...not biggie I figure they will fix it.

So now, I am going through 10m Uld to get the drake, as I never did it before, no sweat all the way through, get to Yogg, kill him, no achieve no loot no nothing.

I'm kinda miffed...

Moff

guys, I want to get back next week, is there anyting I NEED to do or that is recommended to do before the release or should I just jump in? I heard there are some quests leading up to the story of warlords of draenor?

Top Bottom