• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Trickster

Vanity mount that's meant to be scarce. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

You can make vanity items scarce without forcing players to submit to several insane layers of complete RNG.

People could do nothing but sit on their ass gorgrond for dozens upon dozens of hours, and never get poundfist because he might spawn while they're asleep, in school, at work. Or they might be at the wrong spawn point when he spawns, and not get to the right one before the idiots who just nuke him when he spawns kills him.

And meanwhile someone else could just be in gorgrond doing something completely seperate from trying to get poundfist. But get lucky and have him spawn and go pick up the kill with basically no time investment or effort.

It's just terribly thought out.

Just gonna throw this out there but,

Poundfist is significantly LESS worse than Poseidus or TLPD that have timers of similar length. Particularly due to the heavy CRZ going on now that merges all or nearly all realms of the same type in the old world content.

Loque'nahak (especially since it IS part of the Frostbitten achievement) and Arcturis are pretty bad too.

And just my opinion, but Poundfist doesn't even look that good, even if it is unique. I'm more partial to the Sapphire Riverbeast and will probably camp for it eventually.

iirate

Pro tip for anyone who needs fur, even tailors. Get a barn. Absolutely amazing and makes crazy money from bloods too.

I have a barn as well. The problem is, I need savage feasts(which I produce mostly to provide to my guild), I need fur, and I need hides. It's hard to meet my demands for all three just from my single barn. My shaman has a nearly complete garrison and is still bringing in tons of excess GR(even with a War Mill and spending GR on Seals), so it only makes sense to buy cheap crafting reagents with her remaining surplus.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You can make vanity items scarce without forcing players to submit to several insane layers of complete RNG.

People could do nothing but sit on their ass gorgrond for dozens upon dozens of hours, and never get poundfist because he might spawn while they're asleep, in school, at work. Or they might be at the wrong spawn point when he spawns, and not get to the right one before the idiots who just nuke him when he spawns kills him.

And meanwhile someone else could just be in gorgrond doing something completely seperate from trying to get poundfist. But get lucky and have him spawn and go pick up the kill with basically no time investment or effort.

It's just terribly thought out.

that's exactly how nms are supposed to work.. I can camp hairpin all day and some random walking by gets it. Completely the point and working as intended.

royalan

The reason people see it as a slog is pretty easy, most people just do dungeons to level their alts and dungeon xp kinda sucks in wrath so you want to go quest but the questing is slow because it was made in an era where you would go to a hub and get some quests, do those quests and then turn them in, and then get more quests that took you back to the same exact spot you were just at. This was solved in Cata and beyond by being able to turn in the quest and get the next one without leaving the area. Wrath though you are pretty constantly running back and forth between either hubs or quest areas and hubs which is time consuming. Not to mention most people spend 12 levels in wrath content which is longer than anything post-60.

Bingo. This.

Leveling through Wrath content is a special kind of boring hell. I want to start leveling another alt, but I'm dreading it specifically because of Wrath.

Outland is dull too, but it's not as dreadful as Wrath thanks to the zone/dungeons being more diverse and the lore more interesting.

Still, BC and Wrath leveling content needs to be majorly overhauled (or just made optional). And I don't know why Blizzard feels the content is so untouchable, when they basically just overhauled all of Vanila with Cata.

Dunno - I'm horde. The quests they've sent me send me to zones that end up having bonus objectives worth 800 crystals. Which, as you said, is super nice.

Yep. They are weekly quests. I think there are 12 total. The questgiver will show up in your garrison. They act like the dailies, but you have to finish all the related quests to get the rewards. I've already got the mole machine, Champion title, Naruu toy and Darktide costume so far.

Mmm never see them before, I am horde but I am recently getting the missions where your followers have to defeat the dungeon bosses, maybe the missions with blue letters are the ones?

Coins

Banned
I'm not sure if this is appropriate or not. Forgive me if it isn't. My guild is looking for 2 or 3 casual raiders. We plan on doing content on Friday evenings going forward. We've been guilded together for 13 years now going back to Everquest. We are made up of adults entirely who understand real life situations arise. We have a mumble server which we communicate with. If you're interested in making some friends and seeing some raiding content, send me a PM.

😊

Megasoum

Banned
I've played so much Dragon Age in the last couple of weeks that the first reflex I have whenever I start walking in Wow is to try to ping to find objects around me lol.

Megasoum

Banned
So I started my boosted to 90 shaman as Enhancement and I feel I should have maybe gone for Elemental instead...bleh...

Guess I'm stuck for a while since I'm still getting my skills one after the other doing quests and all that.

Mothman91

So I started my boosted to 90 shaman as Enhancement and I feel I should have maybe gone for Elemental instead...bleh...

Guess I'm stuck for a while since I'm still getting my skills one after the other doing quests and all that.
Get into bg or dungeon, it'll automatically be given to you.

Dunlop

Signed up to try an make a character after a long hiatus...this game has not aged well lol

Got my monk to about 6 and just couldn't do it

I have a 10 day trial for WoD and a level 85 Priest and 85 Pally

Any advise on the quickest way to get one of these characters to 90 so I can try out the new content?

thx

Trickster

Classic mmo spawn design and gives everyone a fair chance. I bet more people are riding that mount who stumbled upon it than those that camped it. As it should be.

Classic mmo design does not mean it's good.

Making desirable items something that you basically get by sheer luck or camping an insane amount of hours is just terrible, archaic and unimaginative game design.

Signed up to try an make a character after a long hiatus...this game has not aged well lol

Got my monk to about 6 and just couldn't do it

I have a 10 day trial for WoD and a level 85 Priest and 85 Pally

Any advise on the quickest way to get one of these characters to 90 so I can try out the new content?

thx

It's around 5-7 hours to get from 85 to 90 just by leveling through the zones

Dunlop

If you had WoD wouldn't you have a 90 boost?

no I paid for a month to try out the game and once you do that a 10 day trial of WoD is offered

I'll grind out the levels..after watching a few youtube videos on the changes to Pally and Priest and figure out which to use

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

lol yes

Classic mmo design does not mean it's good.

Making desirable items something that you basically get by sheer luck or camping an insane amount of hours is just terrible, archaic and unimaginative game design.

It's around 5-7 hours to get from 85 to 90 just by leveling through the zones

so many things in this game are sheer luck.. But this time it's something you want so its dumb design. /shrug

Magnus

Mmm never see them before, I am horde but I am recently getting the missions where your followers have to defeat the dungeon bosses, maybe the missions with blue letters are the ones?

No no. We're not talking about missions, but quests. You'll see an NPC in your garrison have one for you.

I'm an expert

So I just established my garison. What's the fastest way to get back to a city? For trainers and stuff.

You'll get a quest to fly to Ashran which has portals to the cities..but.. trainers..?

I'm an expert

Just buy like 100 of the tomes from your garrison vendor and you'll be good for a while.

Megasoum

Banned
Just buy like 100 of the tomes from your garrison vendor and you'll be good for a while.

Yeah that's what I just did.

So I noticed that so far all the quest rewards have been Enhancement gear since this is what I picked when boosting. Will the quest rewards adjust in consequence if I respec?

Tacitus_

Yeah that's what I just did.

So I noticed that so far all the quest rewards have been Enhancement gear since this is what I picked when boosting. Will the quest rewards adjust in consequence if I respec?

Changing your loot spec should suffice, but respeccing is a surefire way to get appropriate gear from quests.

Trickster

so many things in this game are sheer luck.. But this time it's something you want so its dumb design. /shrug

Well yeah many things in this game is random. The difference between those things and Poundfist. Is that the way you try and get those others things don't consist of making players sit on their ass, twiddling their thumbs doing nothing at one of five different places, for potentially a 100+ hours.

Just because something in the game isn't directly tied to your characters progression, doesn't excuse the fact that it's implementation is bad.

I'm an expert

Well yeah many things in this game is random. The difference between those things and Poundfist. Is that the way you try and get those others things don't consist of making players sit on their ass, twiddling their thumbs doing nothing at one of five different places, for potentially a 100+ hours.

Just because something in the game isn't directly tied to your characters progression, doesn't excuse the fact that it's implementation is bad.

You don't have to sit. Swing by every once in a while and you might get lucky.

Hari Seldon

I'm back in WoW full time now it seems lol. I tried to do the MC raid last night but some asshole was trolling it and kept pulling mobs to wipe everyone. What fun /s. I'll try again later.

Question for the experts here, is it worth it, as a rogue, to pick up blacksmithing just for the dagger upgrades, or am I going to loot better in heroics shortly? I haven't run any yet, finally just got my item level up and I want to finish the MC thing first.

I'm an expert

He means obviously 3 years from now when nobody's playing WoD content anymore. Because that's fair for everyone. And fun. And classic.

Again, scarce mount meant to be scarce. Plenty of people have it from just being in the right place at the right time. Otherwise, by all means, sit for 4 days.. but then don't complain about it lol.

Arcayne

Quick question! I have an alt with a toon name I rather have on my main. So...

If I:
1)delete alt
2)buy name change to switch main and alt's names
3)use character restore on the deleted alt afterwards

Do I get a free name change for the alt since 'a character (my main) with that name exists'?

Fjordson

Just gonna throw this out there but,

Poundfist is significantly LESS worse than Poseidus or TLPD that have timers of similar length. Particularly due to the heavy CRZ going on now that merges all or nearly all realms of the same type in the old world content.

Loque'nahak (especially since it IS part of the Frostbitten achievement) and Arcturis are pretty bad too.

And just my opinion, but Poundfist doesn't even look that good, even if it is unique. I'm more partial to the Sapphire Riverbeast and will probably camp for it eventually.
I agree. Poundfist was relatively easy compared to other camps I've done.

Like TLPD, oh god. Maddening. Or Arcturis on my hunter.

Edit: man thinking about it, TLPD is so much harder than Poundfist. It's a mob that anyone 90+ can kill in an instant and only one person gets the tag. So good luck if you have any competition. Oh yeah and if you finally see a spawn at your spot through sheer luck, surprise! It's Vyragosa and not TLPD.

G-Unit

I'm back in WoW full time now it seems lol. I tried to do the MC raid last night but some asshole was trolling it and kept pulling mobs to wipe everyone. What fun /s. I'll try again later.

Question for the experts here, is it worth it, as a rogue, to pick up blacksmithing just for the dagger upgrades, or am I going to loot better in heroics shortly? I haven't run any yet, finally just got my item level up and I want to finish the MC thing first.

we were on the same raid

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I actually picked up BS on my main and an alt because I still have a 630 2h from heroics and the RNG gods hate me.

Daggers would take forever or a lot of money to upgrade both to 3/3 650 tho.
Edit: Oh wait, they're unqiue-equipped?

I have some big trouble in the ogre dungeon with Curshto and the last boss as a Monk healer. They does massive AOEs and I just cant heall all the group.

I do the usual mist on my allies then focus on the tank, to do the soothing mist with surging mist for gathering chi then uplift but the healing is not enough and I have to always moving so I cant focus propertly and use my cds to keep the healing

Karl Hawk

Banned
Seeing those ordinary (well, relatively) names in that killshot and then Kaneli
Cinnamon
, Riksu
Richie
and Luumu
Plum/Prune
and I couldn't help but giggle.

If I ever encounter someone with his/her character named Neil Deep, my life would be complete.

Mothman91

FTFY.

A big congrats to them, btw.

There's a picture with the killshot:
http://i.imgur.com/uJRoCiw.jpg

Adding on to this, here's a picture with the DPS meter.
UaIzABi.jpg

Top Bottom